Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery (1299 Views)

Buhari Has So Far Borrowed $3b without doing anything at all / Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November / Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
Just saw it on Channelstv now that Kogi State is set to build a Refinery with capacity of 200,000barrels a day.

It's high time NBC gave verdict on who truly owns the oil. But if truly the(stewpeed)oil runs across the three states(Kogi, Enugu and Anambra), then it should be shared appropriately.

We don't want another oil wahala abegi.

Before you know it, the weapon dealers would shift their attention to the region.

Some motherfuckars might even send those Haramites boys to assist their supposedly Northern Brothers which could lead to another civil war.

Bro Jo should ensure the issue is resolved before 2015 election.

Wetin oil go cause no be keremi.

Me na Cocoa I Vote For.

Team Agbeloba(Farmers are Kings).
Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by Decibel: 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
Dream on son cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
They dont neccesarily need to have oil deposits to build a refinery. Kaduna comes to mind. Anambra could still pump crude to be refined over there(Although Anambra has it's own refinery under construction). Thought they said the boundary thingy was gonna last 6 months? It's almost 2 years now and nothing yet. Methinks Jona wants to announce the result next year(after elections) so as not to lose votes on either side!

4 Likes

Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
Which oyel dem wan deey refine??
Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: Dream on son cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin

Your Highness,

No be me ooooooo

Na Channelstv.
Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by phantom(m): 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
if this is true,then its smart thinking on the part of kogi state govt. they are targeting the reserves in anambra because lets face it the refinery anambra is building will most likely not be enough.
i dont know why very wealthy states like lagos(though lagos is building one),rivers,akwaibom,delta and bayelsa cant build refineries on thier own. our local demand alone will catapult the wealth of these states.
Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by phantom(m): 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
himkers: Which oyel dem wan deey refine??
why are you reasoning like this abi you no know say your country dey export oil then import refined products
Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
phantom: if this is true,then its smart thinking on the part of kogi state govt. they are targeting the reserves in anambra because lets face it the refinery anambra is building will most likely not be enough.
i dont know why very wealthy states like lagos(though lagos is building one),rivers,akwaibom,delta and bayelsa cant build refineries on thier own. our local demand alone will catapult the wealth of these states.
The project is private sector driven. Who dash Kogi 3B dollars. You want them to be indebted for a century

4 Likes

Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by Acidosis(m): 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
WE'LL GET THERE SOON smiley
Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by meforyou1(m): 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
INNOisBACK: The project is private sector driven. Who dash Kogi 3B dollars. You want them to be indebted for a century
see kogi that cannot build a 1M naira school wants to build a 3b dollars refinery. Bunch of clowns and jokers

2 Likes

Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by Ab025(m): 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
Kai....that useless kogi governor don see enuf money steal be that o..

From local govt workers salary to refinery money.

#PDP....looting since 1914
Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by emiye(m): 6:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
The usual bullshitt.
Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
Am from Anambra but I never believed any of my state governors untill i see the tape being cut.

And to Kogi state to build $3B refinery probably to charge Anambra because of the disputed oilfields, abeg when was the last time teachers were paid in Kogi State becasue i could remember their industrial action is more than a year now.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by passion007: 10:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
Kogites, build a refinery in haste... Repent at leisure.
grin
Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by Kponkwem(m): 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
If the intention is genuine and not to inflame sentiments over the boundary dispute with Anambra, I think it will work.

Kogi has been mentioned severally as a destination for oil refinery depot for North. Remember former NNPC GMD Oniwon wanted to build one their and Bayelsa. IPMAN is proposing one, and Orient Petroleum in Anambra is proposing one there also to service the northern part.

Orient believes a refinery in Kogi will receive badges of crude from the coast for onward refining and distribution to the North though some far north states get oil from Niger and even when they are supplied from Lagos, the pump price is usually cheaper than in SE/SS.

Overall, good idea and kudos to the governor, oldman Idris Wada.
Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by abu12: 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
IPMAN, foreign firm to build refineries in Kogi, Bayelsa
July 21, 2014by nan
1 Comment
Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria in collaboration with Water Carbornfield Energy Ltd., a consortium firm from Panama is set to construct two refineries in the country.
The CEL Chief Executive Officer, Mr Jose Arosemena Mosi, who made the disclosure when he spoke with newsmen in Abuja, said the refineries would be built in Bayelsa and Kogi states.
According to him the refineries with targeted capacity of 200,000 barrel per day will guarantee a steady flow of oil products needed to satisfy local consumption.
He said, “The cost of the refineries is not certain at this moment, we need to do the economic analysis and it will take like two or four months.
“The refinery capacity is about 200,000 barrel per day. It will take like four or five years to build, complete and start production.”
Mosi said the company would be responsible for the funding of the refinery, while IPMAN was expected to provide the local content.
The IPMAN President, Mr Chinedu Okoronkwo, said the association sealed the investment deal with foreign company to build the refinery in Agge, Ceek in Bayelsa and Kogi, respectively.
Okoronkwo said Agge had one of the deepest port in West Africa and with that it would make it on the refinery hub in the region.
He said the one in Kogi would also help to serve the market in the North because of its strategic location
According to him, the proposed refineries will help to grow the country’s Gross Domestic Product and reduce capital flight.
Okoronkwo said the project would create about two million direct and indirect jobs, help in production distribution nationwide and reduce dependence on importation.
He said, “You will agree with me that over 80 per cent of the downstream sector is being owned by the IPMAN, when you are talking of petrol station owners.
“So, with these refineries members will have easy access to products and will have it in their stations and by extension it will grow the economy and create wealth.”
The IPMAN president said the host governors had demonstrated willingness to support the projects by providing land and other necessary assistance.
Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by Pyroclast(m): 10:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
Instead make them take the $3billion take develop their solid minerals sector.
The reserve for Iron Ore no be beans for Itakpe Hills and environs!
Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by abu12: 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ibos build illegal refinery in ananmbra due ro their greed to own kogi oil
Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by EkoIle1: 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
BuddahMonk: Am from Anambra but I never believed any of my state governors untill i see the tape being cut.

And to Kogi state to build $3B refinery probably to charge Anambra because of the disputed oilfields, abeg when was the last time teachers were paid in Kogi State becasue i could remember their industrial action is more than a year now.

And what's teachers salary got to do with investors coming in to build a refinery, create jobs and put tax money inside the state's pocket?

You people and your meaningless and unintelligent comments..

1 Like

Re: Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery by Decibel: 11:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
INNOisBACK: The project is private sector driven. Who dash Kogi 3B dollars. You want them to be indebted for a century
grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ibo Guy Wanted By Met Police For Murder / What Tangibles Did The Australian Negotiator Deliver And For How Much Dollars? / Tinubu’s Health Condition Allegedly Worsens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.