Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ (27418 Views)

Messi-suarez-neymar(msn) V Benzema-bale-cristiano Ronaldo (BBC) / Equatorial Guinea...a Poor Representation Of African Football / Bishops Condemn Neymar For Posing Like Jesus Christ (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by oradee: 1:38pm On Sep 29, 2012
shine-eye:

Whatever logic you want to employ, please reckon that today, the cross is a symbol of great veneration for christians everywhere. Multitudes hold the cross sacred today. That is enough reason for any civilized man of any faith not to denigrate the cross overtly or covertly. Ihope you are cultured enough to take that in.

yea,a symbol for those who still wanna think that way.
Christ is risen and is not on any cross or is the word cross unique to Christ alone?
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Gwekzy: 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2012
dridowu: Neymar or No Neymar, arsenal must win today game. Patience Jonathan also on my mind. Say no to BH BOIZ
guy na wetin concern arsenal 4 here?
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by shineeye1: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2012
oradee:

Christ is risen and is not on any cross or is the word cross unique to Christ alone?

That Christ is risen does not reduce the significance of the cross to any Christian. In any case, it is good and proper and indeed critical to global peace to steer clear of disrespect to other people's beliefs regardless of whether we share them.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by siddiq202(m): 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2012
"We acknowledge freedom of speech as a fundamental principle of our state and [see it as necessary for] democratic co-existence, however, there are known limits for such.
Double standard
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by IleIfe2(m): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2012
[size=14pt]$100,000,000 and a 100 virgins for the head of Neymar. Any soldier of the lord in the house?
........The bishop has given an ordinance grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/size]
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by oradee: 1:52pm On Sep 29, 2012
shine-eye:

That Christ is risen does not reduce the significance of the cross to any Christian. In any case, it is good and proper and indeed critical to global peace to steer clear of disrespect to other people's beliefs regardless of whether we share them.

i dont get...why is Christ's place of birth not as symbolic as his place of death?
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by nusdog: 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2012
I need some protests from the muslims world o. Or else I'll know say there's something else to this mohammed protests, because even if them insult Allah una no dey talk, but mohammed's case, death go occur.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by bigmaut: 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2012
I think d islamic world shld protest this ridicule of a allah's prophet angry angry.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2012
oradee:

The cross which represents suffering is a symbol of hope. But let's go deeper, the cross wasn't just mocked, rather the CRUCIFIX was mocked, an all christians know that the crucifix with the body of Christ on it represents our salvation and is a reminder of the pains Jesus bore for us. It's so important and cannot be mocked by a true christian but friends of the anti-christ

1 Like

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by hagma37yahoocom: 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2012
losak9111: Too bad but no fight or protest pls
xtianity no get direction now why fighting or protesting only if you kno the value of what you worshing dat wen u dont take anything for granted my friend if anybody abuse your dad die for the place dat wat makes u the true son of your father
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by lawizle(m): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2012
Odinaka00: If it was those people nw, they wuda slaughtered my brothers in †ђξ northern side of.....

I nor name name o

Dude even scared to mention names sef.
Is d fear of God no longer d beginning of wisdom
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 2:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
oradee:

i dont get...why is Christ's place of birth not as symbolic as his place of death?
Jesus was venerated at his place of birth, even, a thousand angels came down from heaven to worship Him in bethlehem. As well, Jesus must also be venerated at His place of death and must even be extra-venerated because His death is a sign of victory.

2 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by CastleandGreen: 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2012
Bishop don't be angry the bible says Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross, was buried and on the third day he resurrated and he is right now seated on the right hand of God. So bishop what counts is the resuration not the cross.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
nusdog: I need some protests from the muslims world o. Or else I'll know say there's something else to this mohammed protests, because even if them insult Allah una no dey talk, but mohammed's case, death go occur.

Because we love him more than we love ourselves and our respective parents put together. We came to this world through our parents but we will get to paradise and avoid hellfire (in sha Allah) through the guidance of Muhammad son of AbduLLah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). By the way many objective and fair minded non muslims readily admit that he is the greatest human being that ever lived. some few examples:

1) In 1978, a Jewish American astrophysicist Michael H. Hart (born April 28, 1932) released a book titled "The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History". This book, which has sold over 500,000 copies to date, has been somewhat controversial, not least due to its placing of Muhammad (the founder of Islam) over Jesus Christ (the founder of Christianity).

Mr. Hart’s List (Top 10)
1 Muhammad
2 Isaac Newton
3 Jesus Christ
4 Buddha
5 Confucius
6 St. Paul
7 Ts'ai Lun
8 Johann Gutenberg
9 Christopher Columbus
10 Albert Einstein

His reasons:
a) Since there are roughly twice as many Christians as Moslems in the world, it may initially seem strange that Muhammad has been ranked higher than Jesus. There are two principal reasons for that decision. First, Muhammad played a far more important role in the development of Islam than Jesus did in the development of Christianity. Although Jesus was responsible for the main ethical and moral precepts of Christianity (insofar as these differed from Judaism), Paul was the main developer of Christian theology, its principal proselytizer, and the author of a large portion of the New Testament. Muhammad, however, was responsible for both the theology of Islam and its main ethical and moral principles. In addition, he played the key role in proselytizing the new faith, and in establishing the religious practices of Islam.
b) Muhammad (unlike Jesus) was a secular as well as a religious leader. In fact, as the driving force behind the Arab conquests, he may well rank as the most influential political leader of all time.

2) JAMES GAVIN, described as a United States army man, a retired lieutenant general. He says - "AMONG LEADERS WHO HAVE MADE THE GREATEST IMPACT THROUGH AGES, I WOULD CONSIDER MOHAMMED, JESUS CHRIST, MAYBE LENIN, POSSIBLY MAO. AS FOR A LEADER WHOSE QUALITIES WE COULD MOST USE NOW, I WOULD CHOOSE JOHN F. KENNEDY."

3) JULES MASSERMAN, United States psychoanalyst and professor of the Chicago University, gives us, unlike the other contributors, the basis for making his selection. He gives us his reason for choosing his greatest LEADER of all times. He wants us to find out, what we are really looking for in the man, the qualities that sets him apart. We may be looking for any sets of qualities. As in the case of Michael H. Hart, he was looking for a person wielding the MOST Influence.1
However, Masserman does not want us to depend on our fancies or prejudices: he wants to establish objective standards for judging, before we confer greatness upon anybody.
He says that "Leaders must fulfill three functions--"
No. 1 THE LEADER MUST PROVIDE FOR THE WELL-BEING OF THE LEAD ,
The leader, whoever he is, must be interested in your welfare. He must not be looking for milking cows for his own greed like the Rev. Jim Jones of Jonestown, Guyana, of the "Suicide Cult" fame. You will remember him as the man who committed suicide together with 910 of his followers, all at the same time EN MASSE!
The United States Government was on his trail and he was on the verge of being caught for certain felonies. But before they could apprehend him, he thought it wise to eliminate himself, together with all his followers, so that no one would be left to testify against him. He laced lemonade with cynide and inspired his devotees to drink it, and so they did and they all died in disgrace! In the meantime, it was discovered that the Rev. Jim Jones had salted away fifteen million dollars and stacked it in his own account in banks throughout the world. All his victims were his milking cows and he was exploiting them to satisfy his own lust and greed. Masserman's hero must be found to benefit his sheep, his flock, and not himself
`No. 2 THE LEADER OR WOULD BE LEADER MUST PROVIDE A SOCIAL ORGANIZATION IN ` WHICH PEOPLE FEEL RELATIVELY SECURE ,
Unlike the Marxist, the Facist, the Nazi, the Neo-Nazi the Ashkenazi, [The Jews from Germany, Central Europe and Eastern Europe, mostly from Russia who are in unlawful occupation of Palestine. There is something prophetic in the name itself - the Jews are doing to the people of the occupied territories exactly what the Nazis did to them. What an irony!] the Zionist, and their fellow-travellers, Professor Masserman, in his brief essay in the TIME magazine, did not spell this out. But his beliefs and feelings are abundantly clear. He is in search of a Leader who will provide a social order free of self, and greed and racism: for all these "isms" carry within them the seeds of their own destruction.
There's still with us much sorrow and sin, Injustice, Oppression, wrong and hate. Still does Arrogance deaden Conscience Rob struggling souls of e'en the crumbs Of Pity, and make, of loathsome flesh And crumbling dust, fair-seeming Idols For worship. Still does Ignorance blow A mighty Horn and try to shame True Wisdom. Still do men drive Slaves,
- - Protesting smoothly the end of Slavery! Still does Greed devour the substance Of helpless ones within her power. Nay, more, - -
the fine Individual Voice Is smothered in the raucous din Of groups and Crowds that madly shout What they call Slogans New, - - Old Falsehoods long discredited , Abdullah Yusuf Ali
No. 3 THAT THIS LEADER MUST PROVIDE HIS PEOPLE WITH ONE SET OF BELIEFS
It is easy to talk of the Fellowship of Faith and the Brotherhood of Man, but in South Africa today, there are a thousand different sects and denominations among the Whites (people of European descent) and three thousand among the Blacks (of African descent). The White Churches in my country are Spawning "Black" Bishops, fast, but in the first three hundred years of European conquest, they did not produce a single Black Bishop. Even now, the Black, the White, the Colored and the Indian cannot pray together in most of the Dutch Reformed Churches. The hatred between the Christian sects was aptly described by the Christian Emperor Julian, who said: "NO WILD BEASTS ARE SO HOSTILE TO MAN AS CHRISTIAN SECTS IN GENERAL ARE TO ONE ANOTHER." Sayed Amir Ali in his "Spirit of lslam,"- page 1 ii.
With the foregoing three standards, Masserman searches history and analyses Louis Pasteur, Salk, Gandhi, Confucius, Alexander the Great, Caesar, Hitler, Buddha, Jesus and the rest; finally coming to the conclusion that - PERHAPS THE GREATEST LEADER OF ALL TIMES WAS MUHAMMED, WHO COMBINED ALL THREE FUNCTIONS. (and) TO A LESSER DEGREE, MOSES DID THE SAME
The question is why would Masserman, as an American Jew, a paid servant of the Government proclaim to his countrymen of over two hundred million Jews and Christians that not Jesus, not Moses but Muhummed was "The greatest Leader of all times!" ACCOUNT FOR THAT!

Sir George Bernard Shaw in 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936 had this to say.

"If any religion had the chance of ruling over England, nay Europe within the next hundred years, it could be Islam."
“I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion for from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Savior of Humanity."

"I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today.”

To say that muslims don't react to to blasphemies against Allah is incorrect. muslims feel outraged by any blasphemy against Allah or his holy prophet
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Alaafialoro(m): 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2012
hagma37@yahoo.com:

xtianity no get direction now why fighting or protesting only if you kno the value of what you worshing dat wen u dont take anything for granted my friend if anybody abuse your dad die for the place dat wat makes u the true son of your father
Are you programmed to think this way or what? So if your father is abused,to show your respect for him, you will need to burn down the house of the brother,sister and cousin of the person who mocked him... Bro,this is 21st century,violence can never solve any problem but dialogue or peaceful protest can.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Abuklaw(m): 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Let me guess, hmmnn.. You didnt attend Secondary school grin
insanity at it peak!!!! N u a primitive being
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by chux76(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2012
Hey,what are we waiting for Lets go out and protest this mimic depiction of Jesus. Lets do what our brothers of the other religion did,we might even add burning,killing and looting to it...Lol...Naaaaaaaaaa we wouldn't do such coz CHRISTIANITY IS PEACE...and VENGEANCE IS THE LORD'S
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by deebrain(m): 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Even Before Jesus, the Christ, People got crucified. And even after Jesus, the mode of execution continued. So what are these Bishops outraged about. Christianity should be more enlightening than Islam, although both are Asian Ideologies.

May God give u a good wife and plenty of money because of your post.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by hclacid(m): 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2012
@ Jude33084

Who told you Oscar plays better than Neymar? grin. Stop being irrational, before saying anything get your facts right and mind you, Neymar is actually considered as the best Brazilian player. I live in Brazil and have observed both of them closely even when Oscar used to play in Inernacional - Porto Alegre, and not here is Oscar compared to Neymar. undecided
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Even Before Jesus, the Christ, People got crucified. And even after Jesus, the mode of execution continued. So what are these Bishops outraged about. Christianity should be more enlightening than Islam, although both are Asian Ideologies.

U took those outta my hands/mouth - so many ppl, even supposed men of God aee blind to history. Hence, make gibbeirsh and empty comments suchas this.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2012
la furia: the fact is christians dont give a damn.... i remember the nicki minaj saga, nothing hap. the muslims have made it clear, if u have no prblm making mockery of ur religious values, stay clear of ours. have u ever seen the muslim make mockrey of jesus? no becos he isnt someone to joke about.
funny enuf u dont like ur parents to insulted but i guess jesus is an exception.

what is neymar trying to potray? the brazilian football saviour. is neymar now comparing himself to jesus? sometimes the best way to attract attention is to bring religion into it.

dude, d paper did not say neymar potrayed himself as Jesus. Read well b4 displaying ur ignorance.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by BetaThings: 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
safarigirl: another misinformed bigot. Who told you Muslims don't make fun of Jesus? Go to Pakistan and see with your own eyes the kinda mockery the church faces, is it because no one is burning flags and embassies that you think all is well? Christianity was once like Islam in the 15th century, but the religion has grown to ignore views that contradict our teachings and even laugh at the over active imaginations of a few nutheads, while Islam is still waiting for a VIP invitation to the 21ST CENTURY.

You know that it is clearly wrong for a Muslim to mock Jesus (PBUH). Any muslim who does that should be cautioned as it is a sin. If he is not far gone he should seek forgiveness.
It is even wrong to mock the leaders of the Church. It is allowed criticise christians just like they are allowed to and do criticise Islam. Criticising Arsenal is not same thing as abusing Arsene Wenger
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2012
vanstanzy:

Bishops, abeg no vex abeg. Christ(God) is not ridiculed, and if He is, trust Him, He can fight for himself unlike... i didn't say it.

lemme ep u: unlike prophet mohammed d womaniser n child molester.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by EzePromoe: 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2012
oradee:

Then why do we celebrate Christmas? angry
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by EzePromoe: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2012
If it were muslims, they will begin to burn house and kill innocent ones. Uh! Did i mentioned their name? Seun, please hide this post.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by mikron(m): 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
was he aware his photogragh was being used for this publication?
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Wsdm: 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2012
Could it be that the bishops are equally emulating their counterparts in the other faith but in a more so-called civilised ways. But still, i am totally against violent protest. How much do the Christians and Muslims understands that these people do not regard them at all at all. The new world order does not give any consideration to any of them.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Intrepid1(m): 3:34pm On Sep 29, 2012
If this little punk doesn't give himself brain and move to Europe, this will be the highpoint of his career...
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by paleson(m): 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2012
I wonder what is their gain.May be they don't want see the whole world in peace.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by israelbenzion: 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2012
shine-eye:

Whatever logic you want to employ, please reckon that today, the cross is a symbol of great veneration for christians everywhere. Multitudes hold the cross sacred today. That is enough reason for any civilized man of any faith not to denigrate the cross overtly or covertly. Ihope you are cultured enough to take that in.
My brother, u r not more Christian than all of us here. If u knew how disgraceful d cross was in those days, and d fact that dat everyone who was crucified on a tree bore a curse, u wud not be in a hurry to strictly assign the symbolism of a cross to Jesus Christ alone. And mind u, the Bible has already said "thou shall not make any image of anytin under d heavens.........." Why venerate a cross, a piece of wood? Why not honour Jesus wit gud works and a life of piety?
He himself said d way for d world to recognise his disciples is if they love one another; and not by wearing or respecting a cross or any depiction of it.
It is very wrong for the Bishops to conclude that d object of dat publication was Jesus as crucifixion didn't originate wit Him. More so, it is wrong to venerate the cross. Finally, the Bishops ought to knw that there has been and always will be attacks on d person and teachings and mission of Jesus Christ. Did he ask them to respond to all those tins? No!
Instead we are enjoined to use our lifestyles to attract others to the faith. So next time, dear Bishops, even if someone comes to d public and tears or burns d Bible and makes a film of Jesus in an insulting way, or even blasphemes Him in ur presence, the right of reply is not vested in u, except u want to preach the Gospel to d person.

1 Like

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by IYANGBALI: 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2012
Odinaka00: If it was those people nw, they wuda slaughtered my brothers in †ђξ northern side of.....

I nor name name o
That is the difference between us and those animals in human skin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Copa America : Messi Blames Poor state of Pitches On His Woeful Performances / Nigerian Referee Beaten Mercilessly By Supporters After NPFL Match. Photos / Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.