Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,482 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ (27420 Views)

Messi-suarez-neymar(msn) V Benzema-bale-cristiano Ronaldo (BBC) / Equatorial Guinea...a Poor Representation Of African Football / Bishops Condemn Neymar For Posing Like Jesus Christ (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by ObiomaA: 11:20am On Oct 01, 2012
Iaz93: If na muslims, dey wud hv burnt dwn the whole country (brazil) by nw
u no know say dem be mumu?
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by 2old4that(m): 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2012
yohanna zack: Maturity xhibited, dis is truly a religion of peace. The whole world nids to learn frm xritianity, if the world must knw peace.

Exactly!
And to realize that no one, group of people or nation can fight for God. He doesn't need anyone to fight for Him.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by talk2xp: 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2012
Oh so Jesus Christ is God now abi? No wonder the Islamic faith is spreading like wild fire. As over 20,000 Americans convert to the Islam every year and millions world wide. I was wondering why but with your answer I think its clear. Events and debates such as this confirms how gullible people can be. Am sure you guys did not pass any exams and if you do then am sure it was far from your efforts. I categorically said in Christ own word and you are bring a 2nd to 3rd party into this. So that we are clear salvation is not to be gambled with. If Christ was God he would have been specific and mind you he did not come to confuse anybody. God cannot and will not die, he cant be touched let alone bitten for him to cry. Ok, let me admit you guys are right. Let me admit that Christ is God and for 33 years he was here on earth, right? I have 3 questions (1): Who was administering the affair of Haven when God from roaming the street of Israel? I sure your answer would be he his omnipresent, right? (2): The devil said he was going to give him part of this world if he bow down to him right? Put in mind that God created the Devil AKA Lucifer who turned out to becoming the bad guy. Maybe the devil was high or something to tell"God" he was going to give him what he created. Oh I forgot your answer would be Devil rules the world. Ok, and he wants to negotiate with the Most High and give him a part of it after the "Most High" bow to the bad guy right? Ok, he should have done that and maybe the world would have been a better place cause they would have squashed their beef and become buddies again. Just my thought smiley (3): When Christ was crucified and DIED for 3 days before resurrecting who was governing the world. You guys have no idea of what you are messing with. If God sleeps for a micro second am sure this life will automatically seize to exist. We Christians believe in the Trinity but I am not aware when the first 2 parts of the Trinity merged like the case of some Nigeria banks and it become 2in1 cause if you guys still tell me it is still 3in1 I would conclude that you guys will continue to lie to prove your pointless debate. Oh, I get it. Your response is that the father and son are one, right? Just like me and father are one. I say to this BIG lie. You can never be your father and he can never be you. You guys will forever remain to SEPARATE ENTITIES. Please stop mocking Christianity and the value Christ stood and died for. I beg you with all sense of dignity.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2012
^^^^^^
When Jesus came down to the earth, someone was in authority as usual and that is God-the-Father. I've tried explaining that God is like the surname and they have their own individual names. Jesus is the Son of the Father, 'The Son is not the Father'. The Father and the Son are God(very united). Think about it.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by talk2xp: 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
God is now a surnmane right? Johnchike. May God help us. But please dont angry when the atheist begin start dissing. Well as for me am going to keep quite hence forth.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2012
You must be silly if you're waiting for me to show you a book of Christ. These disciples where taught everything by Jesus, they were filled with the Holy Spirit, and I believe in what they have written. Are you trying to dispute Isaiah? Because Isaiah prophecied in Isaiah 9:6-7 that Jesus is God. Are you disputing St. John the disciple who wrote in John 1:1-18 that Jesus is God? You're being sentimental and even adamant, free yourself from this and read those passages. John 21:24-25 says a lot. "NOW THERE ARE MANY OTHER THINGS THAT JESUS DID. IF THEY WERE ALL WRITTEN DOWN ONE BY ONE....THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD NOT HOLD THE BOOKS THAT WOULD BE WRITTEN.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by talk2xp: 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2012
Sorry about the above post grammatical error on my part where I used begin and start together

God is now a surnmane right? Johnchike. May God help us. But please dont angry when the atheist starts dissing. Well as for me am going to keep quite hence forth.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2012
I said: The name God is LIKE a surname. Yes, Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary defines surname as THE NAME BORNE IN COMMON BY MEMBERS OF A FAMILY.

If according to John 1:1-18 and Isaiah 9:6-7 and John 20:27-29, the Son(Jesus) is God, and also the Father(Jehovah, Yahweh) is God and both are God and God is a title(name) common to both of them.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by talk2xp: 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
Yes am silly. Like I said am keeping quite on this matter but If God can be crucified, died for 3 days to raise again then I think its only logically to question his supremacy. I will not blaspheme not in my nature but I will say it loud and clear even to the face of the Pope that no man can be God, NEVER! God is God and he is no man.FINAL!
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2012
The Father was not crucified, but rather the Son was. So there's still the mighty Supreme Father in heaven. If you study soteriology and christology, you would understand that the fact that Jesus was crucified doesn't lessen His glory. And that's what st. Paul explained in Philippians 2:6-11 and i quote; "Jesus always had the nature of God, but he did not think that by force he should try to become or remain equal with God(the Father). Instead of this, of HIS OWN FREE WILL HE GAVE UP ALL HE HAD, AND TOOK THE NATURE OF A SERVANT. He became like man and appeared in human likeness. He was humble and walked the path of obedience all the way to death--his death on the cross...,"
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2012
Philippians 2:10-11; And so, in honour of the name of Jesus, all beings in heaven, on earth, and in the world below will fall on their knees, and all will openly proclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2012
JESUS SAID THESE WORDS HIMSELF in John 5:22-23 and i quote; "Nor does the Father himself judge anyone. He has given his Son the full right to judge, so that ALL WILL HONOUR THE SON IN THE SAME WAY AS THEY HONOUR THE FATHER. Whoever does not honour the Son does not honour the Father who sent him."
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2012
If you carefully study the Pauline or Johannine christology, you would truly understand who Jesus is. In colossians 1:15-20, it says and i quote; "CHRIST IS THE VISIBLE LIKENESS OF THE INVISIBLE GOD.....,FOR THROUGH HIM GOD CREATED EVERYTHING IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH, the seen and unseen things, including spiritual powers, lords, rulers, and authorities. GOD CREATED THE WHOLE UNIVERSE THROUGH HIM AND FOR HIM.......FOR IT WAS BY GOD'S OWN DECISION THAT THE SON HAS IN HIMSELF THE FULL NATURE OF GOD".
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2012
Johnchike: If you carefully study the Pauline or Johannine christology, you would truly understand who Jesus is. In colossians 1:15-20, it says and i quote; "CHRIST IS THE VISIBLE LIKENESS OF THE INVISIBLE GOD.....,FOR THROUGH HIM GOD CREATED EVERYTHING IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH, the seen and unseen things, including spiritual powers, lords, rulers, and authorities. GOD CREATED THE WHOLE UNIVERSE THROUGH HIM AND FOR HIM.......FOR IT WAS BY GOD'S OWN DECISION THAT THE SON HAS IN HIMSELF THE FULL NATURE OF GOD".
abeg help me tell dem.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by olaheavy: 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2012
vanstanzy:

Bishops, abeg no vex abeg. Christ(God) is not ridiculed, and if He is, trust Him, He can fight for himself unlike... i didn't say it.
The cross-worshiping, spook-believing goat, how can somebody be 'the son-of-god' and 'god himself' at the same time? What a confused adherent of a confusing faith!
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by olaheavy: 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
Johnchike: If you carefully study the Pauline or Johannine christology, you would truly understand who Jesus is. In colossians 1:15-20, it says and i quote; "CHRIST IS THE VISIBLE LIKENESS OF THE INVISIBLE GOD.....,FOR THROUGH HIM GOD CREATED EVERYTHING IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH, the seen and unseen things, including spiritual powers, lords, rulers, and authorities. GOD CREATED THE WHOLE UNIVERSE THROUGH HIM AND FOR HIM.......FOR IT WAS BY GOD'S OWN DECISION THAT THE SON HAS IN HIMSELF THE FULL NATURE OF GOD".
The Muslims actually believe that God created the Universe for and because of Muhammad. However, far removed from the mental unbalance of the adherents of The Faith Of The Cross, they never called him (Ahmad) God. Just think about that and free yourself from the bondage of spookism.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by olaheavy: 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2012
ObiomaA: u no know say dem be mumu?
Obiaroko, omo Igbo aj'eniyan: please in all sincerity, tell us who are the real 'mumu' or mungun. Is it the Muslims who believe that God the Most High is only One and Unseen - was never begotten nor was He a biolgical father of any being. He never died - was never nailed onto some dirty wooden planks, so didn't need to be ressurected on the 3rd day? Or, is it you, worshipers of the cross/believers in spooky ghost who believe that some European featured guy with bonded hair walked the earth for 33 years with only 12 believers later to be nailed down when he was betrayed by one of them? Wise up, man!
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by olaheavy: 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
ekt_bear:

Our God is strong enough to fight for himself. Your god on the other hand is a weakling, and has suicide bombers fight for him.
Hmmm! Indeed! Why the fvck didn't he fight the Roman soldiers and the Jewish prosecutors when he was being immolated on dirty wooden planks if he was strong enough to fight for himself? And don't you come up with that silly response of: 'he allowed himself to be murdered so he could save the world. ' Because I can tell you right now that whoever that fellow on the cross was didn't want to die, at all - not for himself and surely not for the world! And, if you don't agree with me, kindly tell us to whom he cried: Father why hath thou forsaken me? For someone who was ready to sacrifice himself, why did he cry so loud in pain? And why would the God want to subject Himself to such unbelievable ridicule in order to 'save the world?' For what reason? What was He trying to proof? God is definitely not human. Eschew trinity, Allah is One.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 6:13pm On Oct 01, 2012
The last thing i would do is to argue with a muslim. It's not worth my time except duty calls. Muslims are so adamant and blind and blocked minded. 1 John 1:18-22 says that "the enemies of Jesus Christ would appear and have already appeared.....WHO, THEN, IS THE LIAR? IT IS ANYONE WHO SAYS THAT JESUS IS NOT THE MESSIAH. SUCH A PERSON IS THE ENEMY OF CHRIST-he rejects both the Father and the Son.

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
1John 4:1-6 says; "Test them to find out if the spirit they have comes from God. FOR MANY FALSE PROPHETS HAVE GONE OUT EVERYWHERE. This is how you will be able to know whether it is God's spirit: ANYONE WHO ACKNOWLEDGES THAT JESUS CHRIST CAME AS A HUMAN BEING HAS THE SPIRIT WHO COMES FROM GOD. BUT ANYONE WHO DENIES THIS ABOUT JESUS DOES NOT HAVE THE SPIRIT FROM GOD. The spirit that he has is from the enemy of christ; you heard that it would come, and now it is here in the world already."
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 6:25pm On Oct 01, 2012
Also 1John 4:6 says: "But we belong to God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever does not belong to God does not listen to us. This, then, is how we can tell the difference between the Spirit of Truth and the spirit of error."
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 6:26pm On Oct 01, 2012
John 15:18-25 says "If the world hates you, just remember that it has hated me first....whoever hates me hates my Father also. THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN GUILTY OF SIN IF I HAD NOT DONE AMONG THEM THE THINGS THAT NO ONE ELSE EVER DID; as it is, they have seen what I did, and they hate both me and my father......they hated me for no reason at all."

Muslims are lost. Well, for the sake of peace, i reserve my comment
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by olaheavy: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
Johnchike: John 15:18-25 says "If the world hates you, just remember that it has hated me first....whoever hates me hates my Father also. THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN GUILTY OF SIN IF I HAD NOT DONE AMONG THEM THE THINGS THAT NO ONE ELSE EVER DID; as it is, they have seen what I did, and they hate both me and my father......they hated me for no reason at all."

Muslims are lost. Well, for the sake of peace, i reserve my comment[color=#000099][/color]s.
Tell us who is lost - the Muslims who believe that ther own God is One and Unseen and that you don't need intermidiaries between you and the Creator? Or, the cross-worshiping christians who believe in the tripartite nature of 'god' and believe in the image of an European guy with blue eyes and bonded hair as their 'god' and also believe that some pastors are better as intercessors between them and their 'godl while pastors swindle them out of their hard earned cash to buy jets and build mega universities? Folks know the answer - wise up, jerk!
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by olaheavy: 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2012
Johnchike: The last thing i would do is to argue with a muslim. It's not worth my time except duty calls. Muslims are so adamant and blind and blocked minded. 1 John 1:18-22 says that "the enemies of Jesus Christ would appear and have already appeared.....WHO, THEN, IS THE LIAR? IT IS ANYONE WHO SAYS THAT JESUS IS NOT THE MESSIAH. SUCH A PERSON IS THE ENEMY OF CHRIST-he rejects both the Father and the Son.
Hey, Pastor, can you swear on your children and your grandhildren that this European man on the planks is your 'god' who 'created' the Universe? And who took those pictures? Afterall, your 'god' was believed to have walked the Earth some 3000+ years ago. Eastman Kodak invented polaroid not quite 200 years ago, abi? Man, eschew spookism, join the Straight Path!
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by talk2xp: 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
@ Olaheavy;

Dont get it twisted, I for one dont like mixing issues up but in as mush as I have regards for your faith and the principle your prophet stood for I am not comfortable when I hear that you can only be a Muslim to gain salvation. Am sure God will not reason like that. In as much as you believe and serve him with utmost sincerity, am sure he will care less of whatever faith you choose. I am a Christian and I believe God is one even Christ said this. Christianity is the part I choose but that does not mean any other faith is vague in as much as they believe in the Most High and worship him.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
olaheavy:
The cross-worshiping, spook-believing goat, how can somebody be 'the son-of-god' and 'god himself' at the same time? What a confused adherent of a confusing faith!
this is a very stupid question, it is like asking "how can somebody be the son of man, and at d same time man?". Please olaheavy, drop ur heavy so that u will have space to reason.

2 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Bella3(f): 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2012
akthedream: What if they refuse to remove the image miss hypocrite?.
what else would happen? FOLLOW PEACE WITH ALL MEN. Am sure dats what they'd do.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
what is the big effing deal?

was jesus the only man to be put to death on the cross?

[size=78pt]NO![/size]

in fact aside from forced "fight to the death" matches and other methods of torture,
that was the standard form of execution in the roman empire.

its significance was to display what would happen to those who go against
"the rules" (humiliation) which is what Neymar is trying to convey. He feels
like he is being crucified/condemned.

people make me sick with these "i gotta find some way to be outraged"
mentalities.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
Johnchike: The last thing i would do is to argue with a muslim. It's not worth my time except duty calls. Muslims are so adamant and blind and blocked minded. 1 John 1:18-22 says that "the enemies of Jesus Christ would appear and have already appeared.....WHO, THEN, IS THE LIAR? IT IS ANYONE WHO SAYS THAT JESUS IS NOT THE MESSIAH. SUCH A PERSON IS THE ENEMY OF CHRIST-he rejects both the Father and the Son.

lol.

you call Muslims blind, yet you equally take EVERYTHING written by man as gospel. grin

I say Jesus (if he existed) was not THE but A Messiah (one of HUNDREDS) so I guess I am against God, right? grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Referee Beaten Mercilessly By Supporters After NPFL Match. Photos / Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" / What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.