Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,444 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ (27419 Views)

Messi-suarez-neymar(msn) V Benzema-bale-cristiano Ronaldo (BBC) / Equatorial Guinea...a Poor Representation Of African Football / Bishops Condemn Neymar For Posing Like Jesus Christ (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by talk2xp: 11:57pm On Sep 29, 2012
@ Johnchike:[/b]If you can't see the difference then you're blind and might never see. I'm sorry for you, remove sentiments and observe how each group tackled their problem. [b]One group acted violently which always exhibit their intolerance and hatred. While The other group acted wisely in a peaceful and diplomatic way.

You call this diplomacy right? Please get an education fast cause for real you need it more than the al-majiri's. You are such a hypocrite. God save us from blasphemers like you. No apologies. cool
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:44am On Sep 30, 2012
OK Christian Soldiers, it is time to march in protest of this obvious Muslim-sponsored attack on Jesus grin grin grin.. We need to rally all various Christian Denominations like Sat Guru Maharaji, Synagogue Church, Guided Missiles Church, Aldura, Celestial Church, Jehovah Witness,Redeemed, Christ Embassy, Methodist, Anglican, Catholic, 7th Day Adventists, TREM, CHOSEN, Elijah Returns Church WTF!! with that many denominations you can understand why there can never be a concerted effort at a planned violent protest grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Bella3(f): 3:21am On Sep 30, 2012
Blah blah blah. The bishops would neva. Epic fail
tintingz: hello o...the film mockin Mohammed was out since and no one protest until it was said to be removed and they refused to do so which makes some muslim go violent on this...so don't be suprise if your bishops go vionlently.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by ektbear: 4:43am On Sep 30, 2012
akthedream: Keep on refering to Islam while your god is being ridicled.

Our God is strong enough to fight for himself. Your god on the other hand is a weakling, and has suicide bombers fight for him.

1 Like

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 5:58am On Sep 30, 2012
talk2xp: @ Johnchike:[/b]If you can't see the difference then you're blind and might never see. I'm sorry for you, remove sentiments and observe how each group tackled their problem. [b]One group acted violently which always exhibit their intolerance and hatred. While The other group acted wisely in a peaceful and diplomatic way.

You call this diplomacy right? Please get an education fast cause for real you need it more than the al-majiri's. You are such a hypocrite. God save us from blasphemers like you. No apologies. cool
So what's your own version of diplomacy? Killing an ambassador? Burning embassies? Killing innocent christians? I'm sorry for you, you have a blocked mind.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by bigsheg(m): 6:10am On Sep 30, 2012
safarigirl: another misinformed bigot. Who told you Muslims don't make fun of Jesus? Go to Pakistan and see with your own eyes the kinda mockery the church faces, is it because no one is burning flags and embassies that you think all is well? Christianity was once like Islam in the 15th century, but the religion has grown to ignore views that contradict our teachings and even laugh at the over active imaginations of a few nutheads, while Islam is still waiting for a VIP invitation to the 21ST CENTURY.
This comment is the Best iv read thus far on this thread.Simply breathtaking...still clapping...just woke up and still clapping..

1 Like

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by rhymz(m): 6:40am On Sep 30, 2012
Whatever the reactions of religious followers is over the misrepresentation of their idols are, I believe that it is high time that people stopped this deliberate provocations that bring out the beast in mankind. And also, religious fanatics, especially in the muslim world should learn to appropately register their anger without further worsening the issue through actions that make them seem insecure, thin-skinned, easily irritated and unneccessary combativeness. Afterall, if God is as powerful as often portrayed by religion, he will be the one to feel slighted take actions against people who mock him, not hide behind some Mohammed, Jesus, Krishna, Buddha and all these mythological entities to do his dirty job while he stands hands akimbo doing what he does best, watching and doing nothing.
Enough of this nonsense my religion is better or more tolerant than yours, or your mohammed is less tolerant than our Jesus BS that people like to indulge in. The bottom line is, the more these perpetrators get irrational reactions from religious faithfuls, they are further spurred to do even more provocative taunting and take more insulting actions. That is the price of freedom, everyone can't be forced to be reticent with their thoughts but everyone can choose to make them look silly by ignoring such thoughtless gestures.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by talk2xp: 7:39am On Sep 30, 2012
@ Johnchike: So what's your own version of diplomacy? Killing an ambassador? Burning embassies? Killing innocent christians? I'm sorry for you, you have a blocked mind.

Ok Mr. Open mind just for the record if you dont like something, just say it as it concerns you and no need to bring others into it. You and a lot of your kind on this forum are not just sincere. Acting all political like you are doing is not diplomacy cause you are looking for sympathy. Just like I said before the Bishops acted responsibly. Of course they are aware of what happened in Libya but express their dissatisfaction as regards the magazine without using it as an avenue to make reference to what happened in some Arab states or insult their religion. Contrary to what most of of us Christians are doing on this particular trend trying to show the tolerating act of our faith but instead all I see us do is that we are seeking vague attention and cheap sympathy. Get real Johnchike and your likes, you type one thing your mind says another. It an act ONLY practiced by COWARDS. ok start hating its fun to me cause I understand. wink
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by gbame(m): 7:56am On Sep 30, 2012
dridowu: Neymar or No Neymar, arsenal must win today game. Patience Jonathan also on my mind. Say no to BH BOIZ

Na power?
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by redsun(m): 10:55am On Sep 30, 2012
Bokoharam bishops that thinks backward.The crucifixion signifies sacrifice and humility that applies to all,not just jesus.Jesus is not the beginning of the story,it is the story of life that has been ever since man started imagining.There is nothing desecrating or unholy about it,except to the very deluded and wharped minds.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 30, 2012
vanstanzy:

Bishops, abeg no vex abeg. Christ(God) is not ridiculed, and if He is, trust Him, He can fight for himself unlike... i didn't say it.
Biblically or Logically,Christ can never be God.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 30, 2012
bigmaut: I think d islamic world shld protest this ridicule of a allah's prophet angry angry.
Well,Jesus as your god is different from Jesus as our Prophet.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by redsun(m): 11:46am On Sep 30, 2012
akthedream: Biblically or Logically,Christ can never be God.

You ten to have a fix imagination of what god is.God is the one that believe.The I AM.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Bode69(m): 11:48am On Sep 30, 2012
jude33084: Neymar too dεy pose, he letting his football die daily. Oscar is humble aŋԂ yet play ♍☺re than τhis paper hero undecided
as Ŷ☺ũ could see neymar has n̶̲̥̅̊ọ̥ hand in this so Υ̲̣̥ are trying †̥ beef d guy.plus Ŷ☺ũ can't compare him and Oscar.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 30, 2012
CastleandGreen: Bishop don't be angry the bible says Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross, was buried and on the third day he resurrated and he is right now seated on the right hand of God. So bishop what counts is the resuration not the cross.
How you christains think baffles me many a time.If Jesus is seated on the right hand of God,does that makes him God
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2012
Johnchike:
Jesus is the suffering messiah. Jesus is an almighty King. We cannot choose a part of Christ to adore. We must adore all about him. Revelations 1vs12-20 shows us how great Jesus Christ is in heaven; handsome, white hair, fine robe, gold belt, seven stars in his right hand, a sharp two-edged sword in his mouth, his face as bright as the midday sun. Yes, Jesus is Lord. However, we shouldn't forget his suffering. Revelations 5vs1-14 reminds us that only Jesus was found worthy to break the seals and open the scroll. This is how Jesus was shown in heaven; A Lamb which appeared to have been killed. A Lamb who died a sacrificial death to save people from every tribe, language, nation and race. Surely, this death is represented by the CRUCIFIX and cross. It can never be forgotten. CHRIST ON THE CRUCIFIX MUST BE VENERATED AS WELL AS THE GLORIOUS SIDE OF CHRIST(seated at the right-hand of God). Rev 5vs13 says all living beings in the universe must sing to the honour and glory of Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb.
What is he doing with the 2 sharp edge Swords and the golden Belt??If this comment was posted by a muslim,we all know what the reply would have been like.Na wah for christains sha.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: we
xtains are happy wit dis...if they want they kan even put ga.yz on d
crucifix(datz where they belong)...d cros is nt d pillar of our faith it is d ressurection..we
are nt idol worshippers nd we dnt bow down to graven images including a
wooden cross...our faith is in d RESURECTION POWER.JESUS is NOT A MESSENGER OF GOD HE His THE SON OF GOD THAT BROUGHT A MESSAGE FROM GOD
Lier,Christains bow to Cross,fake Jesus pics and even Art works of jesus and his mother(catholics).
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Shut the fok up,foooooooooooool
Why the insult?..he dey pain you?..typical hypocrite..lol
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Shut the fok up,foooooooooooool
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by tintingz(m): 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2012
Bélla3 :
Blah blah blah. The bishops would neva. Epic fail
yeah yeah what else will you say
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 30, 2012
Bélla3: The bishops were outraged and al they did was post for support that the image be removed.
Muslims were only angered bt burnt down and killed. Imagine if they were OUTRAGED!.
What if they refuse to remove the image miss hypocrite?.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
ekt_bear:

Our God is strong enough to fight for himself. Your god on the other hand is a weakling, and has suicide bombers fight for him.
Good,then tell those Bishop to stop whatever they are doing as your god can fight for himself.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2012
vanstanzy:

Bishops, abeg no vex abeg. Christ(God) is not ridiculed, and if He is, trust Him, He can fight for himself unlike... i didn't say it.
the bishops didnt say christ cant fight for himself, they simply highlighted to the newspaper the limits of freedom of expression. The image there doesnt belong to a footballer, it is a rather popular image and if i was good in arts i would have been able to tell u the artist that painted it, it is a crucifix. They removed the head and put that of the footballer while the body remained that of the crucifix. It is easy to see and the newspaper should use their rights well.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2012
redsun: Bokoharam bishops that thinks backward.The crucifixion signifies sacrifice and humility that applies to all,not just jesus.Jesus is not the beginning of the story,it is the story of life that has been ever since man started imagining.There is nothing desecrating or unholy about it,except to the very deluded and wharped minds.
i knw u will b very happy if i photoshoped u mum and put up another persons face in her photo. U will b very joyfull. Can u pls send me a photo of ur mum? After altering it i will gladly put it on nairaland.
Peace
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Angel778(f): 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2012
oradee: for the record, NOT EVERYONE CRUCIFIED ON THE CROSS IS DEPICTING JESUS CHRIST...REMEMBER HE ALSO HAD TWO THIEVES CRUCIFIED ALONGSIDE HIM...

Christians know Jesus is risen and in Heaven so anyone depicting an image on the cross is definatley referring to the thieves. grin
i love this!
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by matrix789: 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2012
Faith is not a tangible substance like a car or a house,so why the rage?
Remember that Jesus is God almighty so it does not matter what people say.
i must strive to enter and be with him one day.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by talk2xp: 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2012
@Matrix789: Faith is not a tangible substance like a car or a house,so why the rage?

This is the height of the madness. Where in the Holy Bible did Christ say this? I mean in his own word. You are seriously pissing me off. You call Christ "God Almighty"? Are you high on some substance or what? What do you take God for? Abeg, abeg, abeg I take God beg you, dont ever say this again before you bring spell to this world. You wan turn God to see finish abi. This is so dumb! angry
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 9:25am On Oct 01, 2012
talk2xp: @Matrix789: Faith is not a tangible substance like a car or a house,so why the rage?

This is the height of the madness. Where in the Holy Bible did Christ say this? I mean in his own word. You are seriously pissing me off. You call Christ "God Almighty"? Are you high on some substance or what? What do you take God for? Abeg, abeg, abeg I take God beg you, dont ever say this again before you bring spell to this world. You wan turn God to see finish abi. This is so dumb! angry
john 1:1-14
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 9:40am On Oct 01, 2012
Ubenedictus: john 1:1-14
Thank you. That's so true. Even read Isaiah 9:6-7. It says ; A CHILD is born to us!.. .. ..He will be called "Wonderful Counsellor", "MIGHTY GOD", "ETERNAL FATHER" Prince of peace.....
The Lord Almighty is determined to do all this.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 9:48am On Oct 01, 2012
Also read John 20:24-29 The disciples normally referred to Jesus as teacher, master, rabbi, but upon resurrection, they said in John20:25 "We have seen the Lord!". Thomas the disciple put his fingers in the hands of Jesus and instantly exclaimed to Jesus in John20:28 "MY LORD AND MY GOD!".

And Jesus replied "Do you believe because you see me? How happy are those who believe without seeing me!"
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 10:03am On Oct 01, 2012
John 1:1-3 tells us that "in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was the same as God or the Word was God". This Word is Jesus, because John 1:14 tells us the Word became a human being(was made flesh)....and recieved glory as THE FATHER'S ONLY SON.

John 1:18 tells us that this ONLY SON IS THE SAME AS GOD AND IS AT THE FATHER'S SIDE.
This makes me believe that the name of the Son is Jesus Christ (or Immanuel) and the name of the Father is Yahweh or Jehovah e.t.c. The Son is God and the Father is God, but the Son is not the Father. Both are God. And they are United-as-the-source-of-eternal-life as can be seen in John 5:26.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Johnchike(m): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2012
Jesus is the visible manifestation of the invisible God. No wonder, when Phillip said "Show us the Father", Jesus said "I have been with you all these while, don't you know that to have seen me is to have seen the Father?."

John also wrote in John 1:18 that NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN GOD" but ONLY THE SON, WHO IS THE SAME AS GOD, AND IS AT THE FATHER'S SIDE, HE HAS MADE HIM KNOWN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Referee Beaten Mercilessly By Supporters After NPFL Match. Photos / Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" / What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.