Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,129 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha (19697 Views)

Army Condemns Cowardly Attitude Of Soldiers Who Fled From Bokoharam / Ex-governor, Fashola Denies Fathering Twins With Government Worker / Fashola Denies Deportation Allegation At Meeting With Igbo Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ACM10: 9:43am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

........what is more reliable for you than when Peter Obi has admitted that it happened ? Unfortunately he is only now expressing his displeasure retroactive to last year.

Since you cannot provide proof of your careless assertion that Gov. Orji deported non-indigenes from Abia, can you provide proof of Gov. Obi admitting that it took place?

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2012
ACM10:

I've seen slums in Enugu and Onitsha, but those of Lagos are on the class of its own. They are the worst that I've seen anywhere

Go and compare picture of before and after ibo refugees flooded Lagos. ....it is self-evident!
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 9:50am On Sep 30, 2012
ACM10:

Since you cannot provide proof of your careless assertion that Gov. Orji deported non-indigenes from Abia, can you provide proof of Gov. Obi admitting that it took place?

......if you are a Nigerian and dont know that Abia deported non-indigenes in 2011 then you are better off staying away from political forums and topics on national interest. lol.
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by EkoAtlantic2(f): 9:50am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Aah, Eko.....tell pastor to pray for delivery for these ibos. grin

No need jor.
Our igbo brethren under the gallery should know those Igbos on Nairaland needs prayer. They're different from mvrerfvckers here.
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ACM10: 9:51am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Go and compare picture of before and after ibo refugees flooded Lagos. ....it is self-evident!

I can't believe that you are Negro-Nts! You sound more like bluetooth or dayokanu. What happened to your reasoning? Your reasoning is getting shallow. Whatever happened to you is really sad. You deserves our pity.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by onyeego(m): 9:54am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Then sort them out and quit whining.

When ibos in Kano did sopuru to Mohammed....you denied they are your brothers. Now your destitutes are rwturned to you.....you deny they are your family.

Yanmiri has problem....biiiigg problem!!
Are u saying Gov. Obi should "sort them out" and "redeport" non Anambra indigenes to their respective states of origin? Nooooooooo; Obi is not that stupid. Nobody is whining here, all what we are saying is that, its wrong for a state governor in Nigeria to " Deport " Nigerian citizens under any circumstances.
Its a Dangerous trend u will agree.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by giles14(m): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2012
Nawao so d trailer pas,oyo ogun edo delta states wit out our police army nscdc immigration even customs and etc known,shame on dis country
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 10:01am On Sep 30, 2012
ACM10:

I can't believe that you are Negro-Nts! You sound more like bluetooth or dayokanu. What happened to your reasoning? Your reasoning is getting shallow. Whatever happened to you is really sad. You deserves our pity.

...what does it matter who i am? Truth should flow irrespective of the medium. You have assigned me various labels so far and dug yourself into a narrow tunnell......a dead end one for that matter!

Were you aware that in 2011 Abia deported non-indigenes?
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2012
onye ego:
Are u saying Gov. Obi should "sort them out" and "redeport" non Anambra indigenes to their respective states of origin? Nooooooooo; Obi is not that stupid. Nobody is whining here, all what we are saying is that, its wrong for a state governor in Nigeria to " Deport " Nigerian citizens under any circumstances.
Its a Dangerous trend u will agree.

...what is dangerous about deporting danger from your community?

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by omoeso(m): 10:05am On Sep 30, 2012
@ Billyonaire...according to you, since lagos is no man's land and does not belong to d yorubas. Come 2015, you can tell ur FATHER to contest for d governor of lagos state and let's see how it goes. IDIOTA.. angry

5 Likes

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ACM10: 10:06am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

...what does it matter who i am? Truth should flow irrespective of the medium. You have assigned me various labels so far and dug yourself into a narrow tunnell......a dead end one for that matter!

Were you aware that in 2011 Abia deported non-indigenes?

No, I am getting to know it for the first time through you! Can you support your comment with proof?

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by EkoAtlantic2(f): 10:07am On Sep 30, 2012
Pastor please finish on time undecided
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by onyeego(m): 10:10am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

...what is dangerous about deporting danger from your community?
My brother, remove d Veil of tribalism covering ur eyes so that u can see better grin
I don't want to believe that ur reasoning is also infected

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 10:11am On Sep 30, 2012
ACM10:

No, I am getting to know it for the first time through you! Can you support your comment with proof?

......step to the side please!

When i finish talking to people who are current on political affairs i will come get you. Right now, we are discussing deportation of refugees from Lagos...."current".
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Biggyd2: 10:12am On Sep 30, 2012
I pity this country. SMH embarassed
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2012
onye ego:
My brother, remove d Veil of tribalism covering ur eyes so that u can see better grin
I don't want to believe that ur reasoning is also infected

How is protecting law abiding citizens against danger a bias or tribalism?
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by onyeego(m): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

How is protecting law abiding citizens against danger a bias or tribalism?
How does living in Lagos make one a criminal?
If d Gov feels this people committed a crime, are there no courts where they could face trial?
Why deport them in d dead of the night?
We should stand against injustice no matter who is involved.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by DuduNegro: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2012
onye ego:
How does living in Lagos make one a criminal?
If d Gov feels this people committed a crime, are there no courts where they could face trial?
Why deport them in d dead of the night?
We should stand against injustice no matter who is involved.

Good response!

Living in Lagos should incent one to productivity and civic reaponsibility.....this is the only land in Nigeria that can truly boast of industrialization even before colonialism. Lagos has a richer and far more lucrative background and history than Nigeria. Nigeria is a hostile place...Lagos is a welcoming place.

People are grdually introducig the Nigerian mentality into the Lagos social landscape and the Governor has said he will not accept it. When you arrive, leave your Nigerian mentality behind and rwspect and abide by the customs of the land.

Wahst too hard to appreciate in that?
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

I disagree.

The law of Lagos State protects the law abiding people in that state against threats and nuisance in the community. The task force agents are empowered to raid and remove destitutes that run away or avoid govt rehabilitation programs.

I started a post few months ago....i think around June/July....in an attempt to demistify the constiution. Many Nigerians have no ground understanding of the constitution. People that despise Nigeria and cant reapect what it stands for are qjick to run and grab the constitution for shelter when their civic relationship is questioned. The constitution is the new new manuscript. In ancient times, scrolls and manuscripts were written in crypted language to befuddle the ordinary citizen so that the more he struggles against authority the deeper he gives them cause and reaaon to entrench control over his life. It is absolutely imperative that every citizen understand the constiution....not just read it but be able to interpree its intent and spirit.

On this deportation issue....i cannot speak for other states deportig non indigenes for other reasons.....but in the case of Lagos state, the govt , by invoking its statute and promise to protect lives and property of innocent and law abiding citizens, has acted in concordance with the provisions of the constitution of Nigeria.

Cosmic liberty is in accord with land covenants and a function of nativity to land. I dont know qhere you got this idea that freedom of rights in a constitution can be equated to cosmic benevolence......the two are separate and irreconciliable.

Cosmic benevolence is in synch wih customary laws, not democratic constitutions.
You have the right to disagree but it does not in any way conjure justice which can only come from interpretation of The Nigerian Constitution. You have not in anyway stated any facts than meander through common populist opinions. I do not know all of Lagos State LGAs but I do know of the most talked about, the most expensive and the most valuable locations in Lagos State, which actually is a microcosm of all that is called Lagos State and I dare say that majority of the properties are owned by non-Yorubas. Lagos is not the home of the Yoruba Dynasty, I think either of Oyo, Osun or Ogun is the seat of the Yoruba dynasty. Lagos is not a Yoruba State. No Yoruba can have access to much more than his immediate premises in Lagos. It is the way it is, it is the way it will remain.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by malele(m): 10:42am On Sep 30, 2012
Seriously I don't understand fashola again,this people are gradually dividing this country without knowing.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ujchief(m): 10:44am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

......if you are a Nigerian and dont know that Abia deported non-indigenes in 2011 then you are better off staying away from political forums and topics on national interest. lol.
ur foolishness knows no bounds!
T.a orji sacked non-indegens! Repeat after me, 'sacked' not 'deported'.
Alas, a decision he regreted after being critisiced and condemed publicly by Abians. Now, hes recalling them gradualy, but insist that those who hav served the state for upwards of 20yrs should be retired and their gratuity paid to them.
Once again, u're a fool in 3-D

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by mike404(m): 10:44am On Sep 30, 2012
CyberG: Why not ignore foolis.h iboz tribalists who are in perpetual denial? Iboz wish Lagos bad but they cannot stop moving there in millions. Now they sent you packing since you are not contributing anything, you open threads to whine. When will you people wake-up and face reality??
Your fada yarsh

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

When you arrive, leave your Nigerian mentality behind and rwspect and abide by the customs of the land.

Wahst too hard to appreciate in that?

and that is the Yorubaland custom...... cool
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Slizbeat(m): 10:51am On Sep 30, 2012
I have nothing much to say. Let the right among them be vindicated and the wrong be put to shame. Meanwhile what I know is that Obi is not wrong by sending a petition to GEJ cos a reasonable government would not send them packing immediately without thorough and proper Investigation. By the way, how comes Fashola never had any knowledge of it? Dama politicians are bunch of Liars.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by ujchief(m): 10:52am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro:
Nigeria is a hostile place...Lagos is a welcoming place.
wat an irony! The governor has a wierd way of showing how welcoming Lagos is.
If hes proud of his actions, why is he denying it? Cant he man up and stand on what he did, giving reasons to justify his actions?
Pathetic hypocrites!
Nanscenze!

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 30, 2012
Fashola has actually done nothing positive in his second term than madness and mayhem. I am not proud of him.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by biodunid: 10:53am On Sep 30, 2012
Three important points:

The SUN on Saturday carried three stories on this issue and one of them was interviews of the deportees. Only one of them had a non ibo name and considering he claimed to hail from 'Ójuelegba, Western Avenue' we all can think up interesting theories about him.

Secondly Abia state sacked non Abia civil servants particularly those from Imo state last year and any ibo person claiming not to be aware of that fact must be viewed with suspicion.

The SUN stories also gave the chronology of deportations from Lagos and they indeed started with yorubas deported to Ibadan and Abeokuta probably as part of the ACN / PDP rivalry back then. There were also deportations to Kano and Kaduna - I just discovered that myself. Important point however is that our people east of the Niger did not exert themselves in like fashion back then until the matter hit close to home. That isn't principled politics.

An aside: since ibos have long claimed to dominate Lagos, indeed the SW, economically and population wise and threatened that the day they depart to go develop their homeland naija will collapse; shouldn't they use this LASG given opportunity to trial that great idea? Abi di tin na just shakara all this while? If the latter then ibos going forward might want to learn to keep a lower, less mouthy profile so they don't keep rubbing their generous hosts the wrong way. If you have issues in the North, SW, SS and even Ghana shouldn't you ask yourself what you might be doing wrong? Is it so reasonable to believe instead that the whole world hates you?

BTW I have a thesis on why you are the way you are and might share it someday on NL so I do not hold anything against you. In summary I believe that environmental and historical forces have shaped the ibo we all know today. Understading these forces and their influences would help us all live together in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by malele(m): 10:59am On Sep 30, 2012
The way people carry this lagos, u won't know its a place filled with dirts, heavy touts, floods, and all sorts of rubbish.
70% of salary workers in lagos, if faced with an opportunity to leave lagos won't reject it atall.
And I also noticed that majority of the people that carry this lagos for head are the omonile or people that don't have anything to show.
How I wish there will be functioning wolve in other states, then we will see how many people will be shouting lagos here for us.

2 Likes

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by naptu2: 10:59am On Sep 30, 2012
Finally! I said it on the other thread (going to search for the post) why the emphasis on Fashola?

1) The law was enacted in 2003 (before Fashola became governor).

2) It has not been proven that people were "deported" as opposed to being returned.

3) Fashola would probably not know about each individual case because there are agencies that handle these cases (in the same way he wouldn't know about each case that lastma handles, or about each person that is prosecuted under Lagos State laws).

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:02am On Sep 30, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Why did Obi not complain about the deportation of gainfully employed Anambras from Abia but will shamefully not only protest deportation of jobless hooligans but also write petition to Gej demanding intervention?

Whose interest should a governor push....lawfull citizens denied livelihoods or lawless criminals denied opportunities?

Obi need to get his prioprities right and act like a governor, not like a local govt chairman. ....he needs to grow up!

Abia never deported anybody. Non indigens were relieved of there posts with the state government. There is a difference!
Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by Navalsadiq(m): 11:03am On Sep 30, 2012
Yoruba and igbo make una allow us hear word joor.you guyz hav allowed sentiment and nepotism to take the very best of you.wawayu kawai.ba ku iya komi sai chan chan baki.

1 Like

Re: Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha by M17: 11:05am On Sep 30, 2012
NAIRALAND is more of a Yorubaland not Nigeria land as your made inter-net user's to believe ,If truth will stand out and be the pillar of a progressive nation ,A propaganda living soul's like Yorubas will never stand on truth ,That's the reason why I supported law's of the Nature to justify and take it responsibility ,It is an eye opening to individual like me ,Also this should serve as an eye opening moment for million's of south easterners new and old who reside in U.S.A and the rest of the globe to group together and refuse to invest in south west NIGERIA ,be involve in motivating the youth until every INFRASTRUCTURE is put in place in our own region ,So that we should stop setting tent's in the land of our staunch enemy ,who hated us .who wishes death on the igbo's ,Our South east progressive forum strong web- site is under construction and development ,Surely you can have Nairaland rubbish web site forum for Yorubas. period cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool angry angry angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obi's Supporters Are Not Willing To Bet On Him- Reno Omokri / Zamfara Police Return Matawalle's Properties To Court / Now That The North Has Found Oil By Simon Kolawole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.