Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / .. (2518 Views)

Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh / My Ex Who Is Married Is On My Neck. Advice Pls [screen Shots] / I Have A Confession To Make...no Insults Just Forgive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by cordismary(f): 11:30am On Sep 30, 2012
Re: .. by k2039: 11:33am On Sep 30, 2012
[size=13pt]
You did the right thing if not you guys will eventually divorce each other due to irreconcilable difference and that will be more painful.

Move on,its better to see things as they are, not as you wish them to be.You are brave enough to face the Principle of Truth,it is not going to work.

Thumbs up,if people were this realistic their will be a lower divorce rate
[/size]

1 Like

Re: .. by 190: 11:42am On Sep 30, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: .. by nenergy(m): 11:43am On Sep 30, 2012
Relationships and marriages are a triangular network of you, your husband and God. So if the 2 of you can't agree on how to approach God's presence,then there is a problem.
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 30, 2012
Redeem is a good Bible believing church, no secrecy: pray, sing, offering, the word, praise, pray & over...
Re: .. by k2039: 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2012
DailyNews: Redeem is a good Bible believing church, no secrecy: pray, sing, offering, the word, praise, pray & over...
[size=13pt]
Dont tell me you didnt see this
[/size]

cordismary: And now he has established and he wants to marry me who is a stung catholic and he said I have to follow him to his church of which I refused cos am bigoted in my believe a charismatic I told him that I can't be happy elsewhere apart from my church instead he should continue in his own and even when kids come he could take them along and he still maintains I follow him.

[size=13pt]Next time before you comment read the post very well
[/size]
Re: .. by Odunnu: 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2012
[quote author=cordismary]Pls I need a honest, sincere and a spiritual advice here.
I have been dating this about a year and half guy who was born into a catholic family but later went to stay his inlaw who is a redeem pastor who refused bluntly that he must follow them, which he did. And now he has established and he wants to marry me who is a stung catholic and he said I have to follow him to his church of which I refused cos am bigoted in my believe a charismatic I told him that I can't be happy elsewhere apart from my church instead he should continue in his own and even when kids come he could take them along and he still maintains I follow him.
My breath en to tell u the truth I have tried oher churches out ther I don't seem to be happy there is in only my church as a prayer warrior I found true happiness to cut the whole story short
am forced to quit the marriage
Which marriage? You aint married.
pls a need your candid advice here
ok.
Re: .. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2012
DailyNews: Redeem is a good Bible believing church, no secrecy: pray, sing, offering, the word, praise, pray & over...
and the roman catholic church is what? undecided

@op just follow your heart! If you feel the marriage won't work based on denomination,I advise you to move forward.
Re: .. by kuphid(f): 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2012
Hmmmmmm like seriously? Op I don't know the advice you are seeking again. From your post its obvious you aint gonna compromise and your husband to be don't seem like he's gonna compromise either. So you are left with one option which is to end the relationship.

I don't buy this idea of being married and attend different churches,its bullshyte...my grandma used to say, 'a woman has no church till she's married' so if you can't follow him to his church, then you wait till you meet a Roman Catholic man, its that simple.

Btw...I thought we are supposed to be serving the same God...my opinion though
Re: .. by Mynd44: 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2012
I agree with K2039, if the marriage eventually, happens, you will be frustrated and it will become a rift between you two. It better this way
Re: .. by beylinko(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2012
nenergy: Relationships and marriages are a triangular network of you, your husband and God. So if the 2 of you can't agree on how to approach God's presence,then there is a problem.
Too True.were u in WOFBI?
Re: .. by onatisi(m): 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
it is better u end the relationship,becos he is still going to bring in more rules which wont be favourable to you when you eventually get married
Re: .. by ifysimple(f): 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2012
cordismary: Pls I need a honest, sincere and a spiritual advice here.
I have been dating this about a year and half guy who was born into a catholic family but later went to stay his inlaw who is a redeem pastor who refused bluntly that he must follow them, which he did. And now he has established and he wants to marry me who is a stung catholic and he said I have to follow him to his church of which I refused cos am bigoted in my believe a charismatic I told him that I can't be happy elsewhere apart from my church instead he should continue in his own and even when kids come he could take them along and he still maintains I follow him.
My breath en to tell u the truth I have tried oher churches out ther I don't seem to be happy there is in only my church as a prayer warrior I found true happiness to cut the whole story short am forced to quit the marriage pls a need your candid advice here

You did exactly the best thing. Don't let it bother you
Re: .. by Liltim(m): 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
[color=#770077][/color] he shud follow u to ur church if really he luvs u, wat can he do for luv??
Re: .. by MrsChima1(f): 2:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
My breath en to tell u the truth I have tried oher churches out ther I don't seem to be happy there is in only my church as a prayer warrior I found true happiness to cut the whole story short am forced to quit the marriage pls a need your candid advice here

I am not religious but spiritual. If you are spiritually connected to your Creator...you will be happy wherever you lay your head. It isn't the church in itself but it is your mentality of where you find your happiness.

You are comfortable with your church and that is okay. Most people who are brainwashed tend to stay where they feel guided and comforted but again....a religion is a religion. If you believe yours is what is right then by all means stand true to what you feel is right otherwise you wouldn't have doubts nor questions.

Let me give you a simple analogy....a baseball team have two coaches and these coaches have different views of how the team will play or win. One coach is favorable to blue idea and believe that the team should focus on school first before sports and the second coach is favorable to red and believe that the team should focus on partying and having fun before sports. One day the team had a game with the best team in the whole region and instead of the coaches combing ideas that can strengthen the team and preparing them for the battle...the team played according to both mentality and lost.

You asked for honesty.

Good luck.
Re: .. by omega25red(m): 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2012
Lil_tim: [color=#770077][/color] he shud follow u to ur church if really he luvs u, wat can he do for luv??
guess you didnt read that he was a catholic before undecided

poster it's good that this came out now that way if you guys really can't come to a compromise you might as well be out!
Re: .. by dmcdad: 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2012

My dear, what else are u vying to get? You have done what needed to be done and now you are asking for advise? The thing is, I share the same feeling with you, there is no other place that I am more relaxed than in the catholic church and with that in mind,there is no ther place that I can be more committed. Anywayz, you have done what needed to b done by opting out, just relax and don't worry yourself about him anymore, probably he might just not be the right onefor you. My dad is a catholic and my mum has been a protestant even before they got wedded in the church and after the wedding, the priest told my dad to allow her conntinue where her heart belongs.. Its not about thechurch, but rather about the kinda life u live and ur reationship with God...

(1) (Reply)

Date A Vegan? / 12 Things Men Really Find Romantic..guys, True Or False? / Is This True?(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.