Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. (1755 Views)

Buhari Has Not Done Anything Good 2 Fight Corruption- Transparency International / Corruption: Transparency International Says Obasanjo Government Worse Than Gej's / Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by MurphyT1: 10:43am On Oct 02, 2012
The Federal Government’s fight against corruption is paying-off in the global arena as a survey by Transparency International (TI) shows Nigeria’s corruption perception has improved.

[size=15pt]The survey on global corruption perceptions for 2011 versus 2001 showed that the third best improvement in the world was in Nigeria, with its score improving by 1.5 points. In the scoring, Nigeria follows the United States of America, which scored 2 points,[/size] while Bangladesh scored the highest by 2.3 points.

Also in the survey, the corruption perception score showed that Nigeria displaced Zambia, Mauritius, Uganda, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Botswana, Senegal, Cote d’Ivore, Malawi, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Egypt, Namibia, and Tunisia.

Barely one year ago, the Co-ordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, had vowed to tackle corruption in the country, saying the move would help the ministry to effectively deliver on its mandate.

Okonjo-Iweala was appointed last year by President Goodluck Jonathan to restore some order to Nigeria’s public finance. A former World Bank managing director, she is battling to reform one of the world’s most corrupt nations, without support from the shadowy “godfathers” who wield power from behind the scenes.

Nigeria scored higher than countries like Poland, South Korea, Indonesia, Japan, Belgium, Romania, Latvia, Bolivia, Estonia, Slovenia, Germany, Turkey, Hong Kong, the Czech Republic, Switzerland, India, Norway, Azerbaijani, Ecuador, Australia, France, Sweden, Costa Rica, Slovakia, Vietnam, and Kenya.

Other countries Nigeria scored higher than are Taiwan, Ukraine, Thailand, Pakistan, Russia, China, Croatia, Nicaragua, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Austria, Singapore, Lithuania, Denmark, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, Luxembourg, Portugal, Moldova, Brazil, Canada, the Philippines, Chile, Columbia, Jordan, Panama, Finland, Argentina, the Dominican Republic, the United Kingdom, Uruguay, Bulgaria, Malaysia, Peru, Mexico, Hungary, Spain, Greece, Venezuela, Iceland, Uzbekistan, Italy, Israel, and Trinidad and Tobago.

The survey further showed that nine Sub-Sahara Africa (SSA) countries have seen improving scores against five SSA countries that saw a decline (Namibia and South Africa) from high scores previously.

Two North African countries saw a big decline – and that may have contributed to the regime change which saw autocrats deposed in those countries. “The middle class in Tunisia was particularly incensed by the corruption in their country,” said Charlie Robertson, Managing Director, Global Chief Economist, Renaissance Capital

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/44406-fgs-anti-corruption-initiative-impacts-nigerias-global-perception
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by usmanyaro17: 10:57am On Oct 02, 2012
This is goodnews,at least are going somewhere....
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 11:03am On Oct 02, 2012
Abegii, stop this hogwash. This issue has been thrashed and its obvious that we are being deceived.
Carefully go through the below threads and get enlightened.

https://www.nairaland.com/1063016/jonathan-lied-independence-anniversary-broadcast
https://www.nairaland.com/1062309/worshippers-mock-jonathan-church-service
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by EkoAtlantic1(f): 11:04am On Oct 02, 2012
Good news.

If we're really improving I think some people roaming about the street should be in jail.
People that it's obvious they're thieves.
The likes of:
IBB
Orji
Tinubu
Faruk
Otedola

They're in thousands undecided
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Israelmossaic: 11:09am On Oct 02, 2012
Only in Transformation Agenda can you have a genuine resolve to fight corruption. The difference is clear, GEJ is working
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by MurphyT1: 11:56am On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem: Abegii, stop this hogwash. This issue has been thrashed and its obvious that we are being deceived.
Carefully go through the below threads and get enlightened.

https://www.nairaland.com/1063016/jonathan-lied-independence-anniversary-broadcast
https://www.nairaland.com/1062309/worshippers-mock-jonathan-church-service

[size=15pt]how was the issue thrashed? tell me...is it by misinforming Nigerians? the poster of that thread, i'm sorry to say, lacks proper understanding of english language, and i recommend macmillian reader for him...the President never said that Nigeria is ranked 2nd in the table, he said countries who hav shown EFFORT in fighting corruption, Nigeria is 2nd to the USA in dat order,i qoute him "In its latest report, Transparency International (TI) noted that Nigeria is the second most improved country in the effort to curb corruption", afterall transparency intl hasnt release any ranking for the yr 2012, so he wudnt hav said dat...mehn! u guys need to be factual at all time, dnt go all out to bring someone down with lies, it doesnt pay, anyway i trust karma(push and pull). see good in pples effort.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by londoner: 11:56am On Oct 02, 2012
People should not underestimate the power of perception..........this is a good development for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2012
Murphy T:

[b]how was the issue thrashed? tell me...is it by misinforming Nigerians? the poster of that thread, i'm sorry to say, lacks proper understanding of english language, and i recommend macmillian reader for him...the President never said that Nigeria is ranked 2nd in the table, he said countries who hav shown EFFORT in fighting corruption, Nigeria is 2nd to the USA in dat order,i qoute him "In its latest report, Transparency International (TI) noted that Nigeria is the second most improved country in the effort to curb corruption", afterall transparency intl hasnt release any ranking for the yr 2012, so he wudnt hav said dat...mehn! u guys need to be factual at all time, dnt go all out to bring someone down with lies, it doesnt pay, anyway i trust karma(push and pull). see good in pples effort.

Presently mobile and will be brief.
Between 2001 and 2011, yes Nigeria seems to be second after US. Kudos to obj and ribadu.
The TI index indicated that it went down (worse) between 2010 and 2011
Retardeen became president early 2010
For the past decade, Nigeria improved but retardeen has nothing to do with that.
Go to those threads I sighted earlier and get the references.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Joeadamu86: 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2012
However u see it Mr Demdem something positive is happening,even the effort shown is a big plause,at least we are going somewhere....
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Camilia247: 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2012
Thank you poster for informing us correctly, I almost believed the ealier post that d president lied, I had to carefully read up dat speech again..som Pple r just so dumb, d seek every opportunity to insult our president, meanwhile if u find out more abt dis dumb asses, d r notin to write home abt, seriously... The president clearly stated dat nigeria has made drastic efforts in d fight against corruption, and transparency intl say, nig is 2nd to US in dat line, y shud sombody just try to misinform Nigerians otherwise, too bad...the president is trying, letz give him d necessary support he needs.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2012
Joeadamu86: However u see it Mr Demdem something positive is happening,even the effort shown is a big plause,at least we are going somewhere....

Did u say positive? Probably in other sectors but definately not corruption.
2012 index is yet to be released but our index for 2011was worse than 2010 when the retardeen became president. Tell me Oke, what is positive in that?
It's like ur def of positive seems to differ from mine
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by 1800bc(f): 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2012
Eko Atlantic#:
Good news.

If we're really improving I think some people roaming about the street should be in jail.
The likes of:
IBB
Orji
Tinubu
Faruk
Otedola

One step at a time...na jeje,it will get to their turns.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by MurphyT1: 12:27pm On Oct 02, 2012
[quote author=Demdem][/quote]

[size=13pt]are we not saying the same thing, no doubt there is corruption in Nig, which is not particular to Nig alone, we are not happy abt dat fact, but the bone of contention here is dat, efforts are being made to minimize or eradicate dis corruption frm the system, and the government of the day is making such effort which has been noticed by transparency intl..dnt u get? i dnt no u to b dis dumb. i saw the threads earlier, most Nigerians dnt read and dis makes them gullible to mind twister like u and d rest, for me wot ever i com across, i read more abt it, and help inform others. if that thread was true, i wud hav led the team to blast the president, but it wasnt.[/size]
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Joeadamu86: 12:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem:

Did u say positive? Probably in other sectors but definately not corruption.
2012 index is yet to be released but our index for 2011was worse than 2010 when the retardeen became president. Tell me Oke, what is positive in that?
It's like ur def of positive seems to differ from mine
At leat TI recognises govt efforts in the fight,corruption is a global phenomenon and to be fair to this govt corruption has been there since time immemorial it's not a battle that can be won in a day.I think the govt is committed lets give it to them.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 12:31pm On Oct 02, 2012
Joeadamu86: At leat TI recognises govt efforts in the fight,corruption is a global phenomenon and to be fair to this govt corruption has been there since time immemorial it's not a battle that can be won in a day.I think the govt is committed lets give it to them.

The summary of what i have been saying is under this govt (from may 2010 till date), its getting worse based on TI index itself however for the past decade it has improved kudos to the efforts put by OBJ and RIbadu and not GEJ. get ur facts right.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by slimming: 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
Mr President must be correct with is comment on fighting corruption in the country and second to none.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Joeadamu86: 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem:

The summary of what i have been saying is under this govt (from may 2010 till date), its getting worse based on TI index itself however for the past decade it has improved kudos to the efforts put by OBJ and RIbadu and not GEJ. get ur facts right.
But the system has not changed since,this govt may have flaws,but encouraging it can go a long way,we should as Nigerians continue to proffer solutions towards the growth of our dear country,Nigeria belongs to us all we must cherish it.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2012
Camilia247: Thank you poster for informing us correctly, I almost believed the ealier post that d president lied, I had to carefully read up dat speech again..som Pple r just so dumb, d seek every opportunity to insult our president, meanwhile if u find out more abt dis dumb asses, d r notin to write home abt, seriously... The president clearly stated dat nigeria has made drastic efforts in d fight against corruption, and transparency intl say, nig is 2nd to US in dat line, y shud sombody just try to misinform Nigerians otherwise, too bad...the president is trying, letz give him d necessary support he needs.

Call it a problem with perception, but chances are that few would diasgree Presido is guilty of massaging the stats.

The following was BusinessDay's appraisal of the same report, back in December 2011.

Nigeria and 2011 corruption index
Last week, Transparency International (TI) released its 2011 report on corruption perception in 183 countries of the world, Nigeria included. The often widely expected and most recognised authority on corruption in the world ranked Nigeria 143 out of the 183 countries surveyed.

Between 2010 and 2011, Nigeria’s position declined by 9 places, scoring 2.4 from a possible 10, showing the greatest sign that efforts at correcting corruption had been very inadequate in the last year. The report came soon after Farida Waziri, the ineffective former Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) chairman, was sacked by President Jonathan.

The TI corruption index ranks countries according to the perception of public sector corruption, excluding the private sector. The survey has parameters such as bribery of public officials, kickbacks in public procurement, embezzlement of public funds, and the effectiveness of public sector anti corruption efforts. If these parameters seem alien and some Nigerians cannot recall direct experiences, what is not alien is that the implications of a full-scale corruption are there for everyone to see. Whether as leakages or corruption, it is obvious that Nigerians do not receive commensurate value for government expenditure. Indeed, TI is right in saying that “no region or country is immune from the dangers of corruption”.

Nigeria is certainly not immune to corruption. The damage of the scourge to the economy and the fabric of the society is seen in the schools that are not built, the hospitals without medicines, the roads that are not passable and the failure of our citizens to be inspired.

In Nigeria today, the greatest threat to corruption is impunity. Because of its sheer scale and level, corruption is no longer secret. Indeed, it is celebrated.

We view corruption in a very simple way – the various compromises of every government and private individual. However, except the government tackles its corruption, it cannot possibly tackle corruption in private enterprises. Currently, the average government official is “too distracted” by his or her corruption to tackle private sector corruption.

There is indeed a critical link between corruption and leadership. The experience in Nigeria today is top down direction of corruption. In every area and section of government, the scale, manner and impunity of “junior officer” corruption is directly linked to the scale, manner and impunity of the “senior officer”’s corruption.

We believe the surest way to stopping the trend is for leaders to stop corruption. Nigerians and “junior officers” in government can always see through rhetorics and lip service.

President Jonathan has appointed Ibrahim Lamorde as the new EFCC chairman. The appointment is good to the extent that the fight against corruption had become lame under Waziri, but the EFCC is only about fighting corruption after it has been committed. The focus and the best place to fight corruption is to prevent it from happening in the first place. In doing this, the leadership question is important. Also important is the strengthening of institutions. Currently, the average civil service across the country is lazy, corrupt and simply not fit for purpose. But perhaps the most critical of all is that the Police are greatest symbol of any country, and it is not good that what most recognise ours for is corruption. What Nigerians and we are sure TI does not want to hear is the usual rhetorics and lip service paid the fight against corruption.

Source
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2012
Murphy T:
are we not saying the same thing, no doubt there is corruption in Nig, which is not particular to Nig alone, we are not happy abt dat fact, but the bone of contention here is dat, efforts are being made to minimize or eradicate dis corruption frm the system, and the government of the day is making such effort which has been noticed by transparency intl..dnt u get? i dnt no u to b dis dumb. i saw the threads earlier, most Nigerians dnt read and dis makes them gullible to mind twister like u and d rest, for me wot ever i com across, i read more abt it, and help inform others. if that thread was true, i wud hav led the team to blast the president, but it wasnt.

No we arent saying the same thing. All govt will claim to fight corruption but events on the ground coupled with index like the one of TI will suggest if they are sincere or not.
In the past decade when GEj was plundering bayelsa, TI claims the Nigerian govt has improved as regards fighting corruption however the same TI claims through her index that corruption was worse in 2011 than in 2010. These years, GEJ was in charge. 2012 index is yet to come out.
if e are to go by this, its obvious to all non-bias minds that this Govt seems to be undoing what OBJ/Ribadu laid as foundation.

U called me dumb but i will let it pass this time. My normal self will return fire for fire grin

Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Camilia247: 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Call it a problem with perception, but chances are that few would diasgree Presido is guilty of massaging the stats.

The following was BusinessDay's appraisal of the same report, back in December 2011.

Source

But at least efforts are bein made, letz wait for the outcome, d process is ongoing
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2012
Joeadamu86: But the system has not changed since,this govt may have flaws,but encouraging it can go a long way,we should as Nigerians continue to proffer solutions towards the growth of our dear country,Nigeria belongs to us all we must cherish it.

A lot has changed. for example, OBJ never used Subsidy claims to fund his elections. Those lifting fuel during this same govt increased from few numbers to hundreds etc. The bottom line is based on TI index, under this government, corruption is getting worse. lets wait till when the 2012 report will be released.
Besides the below was an earlier report this year about TI complaining to the Nigerian govt early this year. what can u say to that? Dont be deceived, things arent getting better corruption wise so far. Maybe tommorrow it will.

THE Transparency International has expressed worry over the scope and speed of corruption in Nigeria this year, saying it is beyond what it has ever dealt with.

This was revealed in an open letter to President Goodluck Jonathan by Fitch and Associates in The Hague, The Netherlands, on behalf of Transparency International.

In the letter, part of which was given to Nigerian Tribune by Save Nigeria Group (SNG), the Transparency International said the scam in Nigeria at present is quite heartbreaking.

It reads: “The problem, Your Excellency, has to do with the rate and scale of scams and corruption probes coming out of Nigeria in 2012.

The scope and speed of corruption in your country this year is beyond anything our client has ever dealt with. When the pension scam broke out, the three specialists working on Nigeria complained about overwork and threatened a law suit against Transparency

International because they had to work 23 hours a day from Monday to Sunday just to cope with the figures coming out of that scam.”

The letter further stated that the Transparency International had to transfer country specialists away from zero or low corruption countries, such as New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Singapore, Norway, The Netherlands, Australia, Switzerland and Canada to Nigeria to ensure that the figures were well scrutinised.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/40157-transparency-international-writes-jonathan-on-corruption-rate-as-soyinka-bakare-give-fg-2-week-ultimatum-to-prosecute-culprits
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2012
Camilia247:

But at least efforts are bein made, letz wait for the outcome, d process is ongoing

If you prefer to suspend reality by refusing to engage with facts, that is your lot.
Just understand that history will judge your laissez faire attitude accordingly.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Mowire: 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
Eko Atlantic#:
Good news.

The likes of:
IBB
Orji
Tinubu
Faruk
Otedola

WHY ARE PEOPLE LIKE YOU OBSESSED WITH TINUBU.
He has been tried & discharged by the PDP govt last time I checked.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2012
Camilia247:

I like peeps that are being optimistic however on this issue i prefer to be pessimistic. i envisaged a very damaging report against Nigeria when the 2012 index is released. Am being realistic here. Already TI complained bitterly to the whole world about corruption in Nigeria just some months ago.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem:

It reads: “The problem, Your Excellency, has to do with the rate and scale of scams and corruption probes coming out of Nigeria in 2012.

This is as forthright as it gets - an open letter grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by MurphyT1: 12:58pm On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem:

No we arent saying the same thing. All govt will claim to fight corruption but events on the ground coupled with index like the one of TI will suggest if they are sincere or not.
In the past decade when GEj was plundering bayelsa, TI claims the Nigerian govt has improved as regards fighting corruption however the same TI claims through her index that corruption was worse in 2011 than in 2010. These years, GEJ was in charge. 2012 index is yet to come out.
if e are to go by this, its obvious to all non-bias minds that this Govt seems to be undoing what OBJ/Ribadu laid as foundation.

U called me dumb but i will let it pass this time. My normal self will return fire for fire grin

yes the same TI claimed corruption was worse in 2011, and this was released in dec 2011..and the govt took dis into cognizance and decided that this will never be anymore, so they started making efforts to mininimize dis ugly trend...months later, that same TI noticed and said, Hey! dis guys (Nig' govt) are really making efforts to eradicate corruption, and the looked critically at the seriousness of the govt to fight corruption, and saw that Nig govt's effort was second to that of US in dat line, isnt it a plus for the country? isnt it? wot exactly did OBJ and ribadu do in dat regard, it was stl here on NL dat both of them were highly condemned and blamed for the present state of the country.letz not allow hatred for an individual becloud our thinking faculty...meanwhile i neva called u dumb(i didnt say u r dumb, did i?)
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2012
eGuerrilla:

This is as forthright as it gets - an open letter grin grin grin

what else can i say? undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Joeadamu86: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2012
I have never seen a pessimists like Demdem......why can't you look at the bright side of life?
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by bubadaniel13: 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2012
Hurray.....corruption is a canker worm that should be fought by all and sundry,govt alone cannot fight this monster alone we must all join the queue to rid our country from this evil,talk is cheap.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Camilia247: 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2012
Demdem:

I like peeps that are being optimistic however on this issue i prefer to be pessimistic. i envisaged a very damaging report against Nigeria when the 2012 index is released. Am being realistic here. Already TI complained bitterly to the whole world about corruption in Nigeria just some months ago.

I am so optimistic of not just dis fact but abt nig getting beta. The same way TI complained bitterly, the same way d praised d effort made to fight corruption, so letz wait and c wot de have under their sleeves
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 1:09pm On Oct 02, 2012
Murphy T:

yes the same TI claimed corruption was worse in 2011 than 2010 when retardeen became president, and this was released in dec 2011..and the govt took dis into cognizance and decided that this will never be anymore, so they started making efforts to mininimize dis ugly trend...months later,

however, the same TI complained bitterly to the Nigerian govt by MAY 2012 that things are really getting bad

that same TI noticed and said, Hey! dis guys (Nig' govt) are really making efforts to eradicate corruption, and the looked critically at the seriousness of the govt to fight corruption, and saw that Nig govt's effort was second to that of US in dat line, isnt it a plus for the country? isnt it? wot exactly did OBJ and ribadu do in dat regard, it was stl here on NL dat both of them were highly condemned and blamed for the present state of the country.letz not allow hatred for an individual becloud our thinking faculty...

u are getting it wrong, the kudos from TI was for the past decade. From 2001 (i think) to 2011. the corruption fight for the bulk of those years were fought by OBJ/Ribadu. Yaradua/waziri basically did nothing. That explains why kudos must be given to OBJ/Ribadu. The same TI also went further to state that things went further down the drain between 2010 and 2011 and even complained bitterly by may 2012. all these period till date, the retardeen is in power

meanwhile i neva called u dumb(i didnt say u r dumb, did i?)

ok, probably not
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd To US In The Fight Against Corruption- Transparency Intl. by Demdem(m): 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2012
Joeadamu86: I have never seen a pessimists like Demdem......why can't you look at the bright side of life?

But the facts before me hinders my brain to tune in to such. its overwhelmingly damning. Things were bad in 2010, became worse in 2011, transparency even complained in May 2012. Common, how do u expect me to be optimistic with corruption index forthcoming. These are the facts before us all. i also want things to be better, don't be deceived.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Have No Liver, Anyanwu Fires Back At Rochas / Ekiti Agog As Fayemi Rounds Off Tenure With Legacy Projects Against PDP Thuggery / Brand New Bulletproof Cars For Sale For As Low As USD$110, 000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.