Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75287 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 10:28am On Jul 21, 2008
Patience is the keyword cool
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 10:37am On Jul 21, 2008
hi all,sony entertainment is not a indian movie channel,but a foreign entertainment channel[sitcoms,soaps,comedy,movies,etc.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2008
urfriend,
all this your talk is neither here nor there, all we are saying is that we need quality entertainment channel and not this your mediocre stuffs your guys are shoving down our throats!!. Enough of this rubbish!!.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by DARKSHEDI: 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2008
bros why u de vex, hitv has never claimed to b world standard. learn from plenty of us, pay as u go, august to may period. strictly for premiership,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2008
DARK SHEDI:

august to may period. strictly for premiership,

that seems to be making a whole lotta sense.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2008
hi all,below is a brief list and bio of the upcoming channels on hitv.

1.SETANTA AFRICA-a 24hours sport channel.giving it's viewers a complete load of live sporting events.
                         live events are;a.Premier League and Scottish Premier League Club Channels[arsenal,tottenham,mancity,astonvilla,rangers,celtic].
                                                  b.Scottish Premier League,Weekly live and recorded matches from the Scottish Premier League
                                                  c.UFC  
                                                  d.top class boxing fights[from-hbo,showtime,wbc,ibc,etc.]
                                                  e.fa cup and england home friendlies and qualifiers].
                                                  f.marathons,etc.
  more details go to-  www.setantaafrica.com or www.setantasports.com.

2.sony entertainment tv[SET]-it's a 24hours entertainment channel giving u comedy,sitcoms,soaps,movies,talkshows etc.
                                             some of it's shows are-a.Will & Grace
                                                                                  b.The L Word
                                                                                  c.Just Shoot Me
                                                                                  d.30 Rock
                                                                                  e.Seinfeld
                                                                                  f.The West Wing
                                                                                  g.Party Of Five
                                                                                  h.The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air
                                                                                  i.As If
                                                                                 j.Early Edition
                                                                                 k.Malcolm & Eddie
                                                                                 l.NewsRadio
                                                                                 m.The Boondocks
                                                                                 n.Stargate SG-1
                                                                                 o.Hex,etc.
     [please sony will be added last,maybe b4 the end of august]

3.ANIMAX-Animax (アニマックス, Animakkusu?) is a Japanese anime satellite television network, dedicated to broadcasting anime programming.[1] Headquartered in Minato, Tokyo, Japan, its co-founders and shareholders include Sony Pictures Entertainment and the noted anime studios Sunrise[1][2], Toei Animation[3] [4], TMS Entertainment, and production company NAS.[5] [6]

Operating across Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Southeast Asia, South Asia, Latin America, and most recently in Europe (launching across Germany, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic in 2007, Slovakia, Spain and Portugal in 2008, and soon to be launched in the United Kingdom, Poland, Italy, France and several other countries)[7][8] and Africa, Animax is the first and largest 24-hour network dedicated to anime in the world [9] [6], with a viewer reach of over 41 million households, 47 countries and 17 languages.[10]

Its title is a portmanteau of the words anime (アニメ, anime?) and max (マックス, makkusu?).[11] It also has English language networks in Southeast Asia, South Asia and most recently, South Africa, and is planning to launch other English language networks, most notably in the United Kingdom, Australia and North America.
              for more details go to www.animax-asia.com.[please note animax may be added next year due to limited space].

4.KIDSCO-KidsCo is an international children's entertainment brand founded by Canadian broadcaster Corus Entertainment's Nelvana Enterprises, American-based producer DiC Entertainment, and European broadcaster Sparrowhawk Media Group in April 2007.By the end of 2007, Sparrowhawk was purchased by media conglomerate NBC Universal, thus giving the company its share in the brand.

KidsCo was founded to be a "fourth voice" in the realm of children's entertainment, currently dominated by Viacom (owner of Nickelodeon), Disney (owner of Disney Channel and Jetix), and Time Warner (owner of Cartoon Network, Looney Tunes, and DC Comics). The owners plan to place stand-alone cable networks and multimedia websites on all points of the globe (with the exception of North America) over the course of the next two years .

The network is currently based in London.
Some of it's shows are;

Angela Anaconda  
Babar the Elephant
Big And Hairy
Beverly Hills Teen Club
Corduroy
CyberChase
Dennis the Menace
Fairly Odd Parents
Franklin
George Shrinks
Gulliver's Travels
Heathcliff
Inspector Gadget
Iz and the Zizzles
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
M.A.S.K.
Mary-Kate and Ashley in Action!
Max and Ruby
Mummies Alive!
Ned's Newt
Pelswick
Rescue Heroes
Real Kids Real Adventures
Rolie Polie Olie
Rupert
Sonic Underground
The New Adventures Of Madeline
The Magic School Bus
The Prince and the Pauper
The Tidings
Titch
The Trojan Horse
The New Adventures Of Ocean Girl
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
MORE DETAILS GO TO www.kidscotv.tv.

5.DISCOVERY CIVILIAZATION[KNOWLEDGE]-Discovery Knowledge is a pan-European TV channel devoted to documentaries regarding history and civilizations, historic, ancient or present.
On 01 November 2007, Discovery Civilisation was re-branded as Discovery Knowledge.
MORE DETAILS GO TO www.discoverychannel.co.uk.

pls note that setanta,kidsco and discovery are coming this week or next,pls other local channels[biscon,dovevision].
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2008
uuhmm lipsrsealed
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by soloqy: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2008
Looking good.

Ok, I will go renew my subscription tomorrow.

Really, they ought to pay you well for the job you are doing for them.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2008
I hope English will be the lingua franca on Animax
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2008
thanks mustay cos that animation channel might just end up like zee cinema and ARt movies.when is d subtitle for zee coming urfriend
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2008
no mtvbase
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2008
hi all,the animax hitv will be adding is an english version.zee cinema has subtitles[english and french].a software upgrade will soon be announced.just watch this space.for mtv u have to wait a longtime,because there are issues b/w hitv and mtvbase.this was what made hitv add trace
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2008
urfriend:

1.SETANTA AFRICA-a 24hours sport channel.giving it's viewers a complete load of live sporting events.
live events are;a.Premier League and Scottish Premier League Club Channels[arsenal,tottenham,mancity,astonvilla,rangers,celtic].
b.Scottish Premier League,Weekly live and recorded matches from the Scottish Premier League
c.UFC
d.top class boxing fights[from-hbo,showtime,wbc,ibc,etc.]
e.fa cup and england home friendlies and qualifiers].
f.marathons,etc.

Are you sure about the F.A Cup?

What channel are you offering us from Setantasports? Is it Setantasports1,Setantasports2 or?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by hancock(m): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2008
You gat to be kidding me. Hitv is adding ANIMAX to its channels? (faint) that wld be d best thing to have ever happened since nigeria declared independence grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 8:37pm On Jul 21, 2008
urfriend,

let them begin to add the channels one after the other. I only hope they would come up this week.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by delvinmaya(m): 10:27am On Jul 22, 2008
my friend kip up the gud work on updating us on the latest,anyhow make sure say you share me wen you receive reward.atleast tell them i.e the management to kip to their words this time
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by twinstaiye(m): 11:28am On Jul 22, 2008
ANIMAX on HITV? hmmmm, that would be great, it means they will get more subscribers. I am quite sure the moment they add that channel or even before they do that, DSTV might have to extend their own animax channel to Nigeria too. I think it is still showing in South Africa only for now.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ahwuyen(m): 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2008
urfriend, your last update on the uploading of new channels is exciting. i have to renew my subscription but then i will wait till next week. and be sure of the new uploading
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2008
hi all,yes hitv just signed on sony europe and animax[english vision].animax comes with with the deal with sony.sony owns animax.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2008
hi all, the setanta hitv is adding is setanta africa.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Gamine(f): 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2008
Animax

hmmm. . . . .
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2008
urfriend:

hi all, the setanta hitv is adding is setanta africa.

So what is the bid deal then? Are we going to see all Setanta channels or just limited to?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2008
hi all for more detail about setanta africa go to www.setantaafrica.com
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2008
animax is next year according to OURFRIEND and when hitv says next year.lets start looking at the possibility of them adding the channel by 2012 or is it vision 2020 grin grin grin grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2008
With the frenzy and enthutiasm you guys are going about with this information from urfriend, i hope you will not be disappointed. I've decided to exercise CAUTION when it comes to information like this (we've seen many way back). We should all remember that though an informed source, urfriend definetly is not an official source of info when it come to Hitv.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 10:57am On Jul 23, 2008
hi ilugunboy,let's wait and see the we would know if am right or wrong.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 23, 2008
urfriend, how you dey!, I will be glad if you are right grin
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2008
Urfriend, you've tried jo.

More grease to ur elbow wink`
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2008
I wonder what this Sentataafrica will be about since it is not Sentanta Sports. How you dey my friend?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by femo7(m): 8:35am On Jul 25, 2008
Yesterday i was going through GTV's EPG(Eletronic Programme Guide) and when i scrolled down to Setanta Africa, it read thus:

'Live : Bercelona vs Hibernian' pre-season match'

I immediately told myself how i wished the channel had been added by our sluggish Hitv.

They keep telling us on Hisports 2/Nigeria channel that more channels are coming soon and up till now that i am typing this post, no new channel has been added.

Urfriend, please help to confirm from any member of staff of Hitv how soon is their COMING SOON. Maybe next week, next month or even next year.

Please, tell them to relay live pre-season matches to allow subscibers and fans of various clubs feel their new sign-in(s) before the start of season.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2008
hi all,the new channels will come soon.has it is adding those 3 new channels[setanta,kidsco and discovery] is no long in the hands of hitv but eutelsat.remember hitv is sharing the freq. with gtv.but let;s keep watching the channel may come hopefully from 2day or next week.the channels are ready.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 12:10pm On Jul 26, 2008
ok o

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.