Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,865 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75089 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Go Down)

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 12:52pm On Jan 17, 2008
HITV OR HI RUBBISH?

Dear nairalanders,after HITV succeeded in making subscribe for 12 month subscription all because i cannot afford to miss watching my exciting premiership games,they have started with their Hi Rubbish. Do you notice they have been scrambling and descrambling before they FINALLY SCRAMBLED on Wednesday. I called their customer care and the girl that responded was merely laughing when i complained about this rip off? What do you think i should do?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by 9star(m): 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2008
Contact osama bin laden so he can mobilise his men make una go bomb the place.

1 Like

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:06pm On Jan 17, 2008
hi,hitv has now fully scrambled her system.if u feel u are not owing,kindly go to their office with ur prove of payment and subcription form.and then u will be put on.they are trying to re-organize their payment system to serve u beta.
note, more new channels and contents to come in the coming weeks.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 7:47pm On Jan 17, 2008
urfriend:

hi,hitv has now fully scrambled her system.if u feel u are not owing,kindly go to their office with your prove of payment and subcription form.and then u will be put on.they are trying to re-organize their payment system to serve u beta.
note, more new channels and contents to come in the coming weeks.

Thank you jare for the news.I got mine through one of their agents,does that mean i have to go to the Agent or go to HITV's office at Ebute Meta? And i hope the supposed coming channels will not be similar to Hi Life,Hi those.?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Seun(m): 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2008
How could they not have proof of subscription in their database? Very ridiculous. UBA mentality.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 8:03pm On Jan 17, 2008
@9star
9star:

Contact osama bin laden so he can mobilise his men make una go bomb the place.

Na human beings this post dey for no be for animals with nothing in their brains. Nairaland is for Intelligent Naijas wey get something for brain like urfriend. Did you read his post? Those are the kind of response nairalanders expect on here.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2008
The "grammar" is ridiculous indeed Seun,that means we should expect more "grammars" more and more,this is just the beginning. WATCH OUT FOR PART 2!!!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by tosinadeda: 8:42pm On Jan 17, 2008
hitv is rubbish apart from there soccer and E!

and they scramble too much, na wetin now
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ayusman16(m): 11:01pm On Jan 17, 2008
Urfriend has made little or no contribution to this thread. He only rear his head when hitv adds new channels or them wan rip pple off. If he's their PR officer then i suggest he be sacked. Raahym is doin a better job cos he answers ques and takes responsibilities. Thank God pple are begining to see the true picture about hitv now. Imagine no proof of subscription on their database and that one would leave the office to come and queue for hours at hitv office with proof of payment. Damn u! Damn hitv!! Them no get human feelings at all.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by tosinadeda: 1:13am On Jan 18, 2008
imagine o there cartoons are even old angry angry
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 9:18am On Jan 18, 2008
urfriend has been promising us more channels on hitv since last year.when will this channels come. i am tired of believing him.RAhym where r you.why are u silent raahym
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by const6(m): 10:02am On Jan 18, 2008
@all

Is not everybody's HITv that is scrambled, agreed they have a problem because mine will take lik 3 seconds before it shows any channel whenever i change from one channel to another, but the subscriber really having this problem is those that paid for one year subscription during their promo.

I thought they were planning on adding new channels, that is why they are having some kind of problems, we should believe in this people, even if it takes them three years to try and better their services, i will stick with them. Fine, i might subscribe to DSTV Family, but for HITV, na me and them till the end.

Proudly Naija (anytime, anyday)
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by tosinadeda: 10:15am On Jan 18, 2008
const6:

@all

Is not everybody's HITv that is scrambled, agreed they have a problem because mine will take lik 3 seconds before it shows any channel whenever i change from one channel to another, but the subscriber really having this problem is those that paid for one year subscription during their promo.

I thought they were planning on adding new channels, that is why they are having some kind of problems, we should believe in this people, even if it takes them three years to try and better their services, i will stick with them. Fine, i might subscribe to DSTV Family, but for HITV, na me and them till the end.

Proudly Naija (anytime, anyday)

u post is just so annoying, wen they knew they wldnt be able to cope yet, y did they start? now they started only to be showing us shit and poor sigal and so on.
and ure saying we shld give them more time!!!!!!!!!! time for wut?

did we pay them our hard earnrd money to be served with low quality?
if they cant cope, they had better pack up and go and re strategise.
rubbish!!

proudly naija ko proudly naija ni
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by tboy81(m): 10:18am On Jan 18, 2008
new channels? hopefully before Jesus comes grin grin grin

I mainly watch hitv because of soccer, Oprah/Everybody Hates Chris on himix (though they're old editions) and some news.

and all  that for 4K!!! shocked shocked shocked, now dats not fair!

I had to take my decoder all the way to Ebute-Metta for the software upgrade to fix the recurrent scrambled channel problem and on wednesday nite i discovered  the 'access denied" error even though i just payed the previous week angry angry.  I had to call them yesterday morning with my receipt details to give me access.

hitv, hmnnnnnnnn . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , if not for premieship . . . . .undecided undecided undecided
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ayusman16(m): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2008
Raahym where art thou?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by tboy81(m): 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2008
I guess raahym is "tirelessly working round-the-clock" to upgrade hitv services to "international standard" and add more channels that have been promised for agesgrin grin .

BTW; have you gotten the hitv terrestial frequency you were requesting for? Wish i could help out like i did with the satellite frequency undecided

Why not ask urfriend sef? afterall he seems to have a lot of insider infos.

Abeg una . . . . no "scrambling/access denied" tomorrow afternoon o!!!, I wanna see Man United beat Reading Live! and maintain their premiership lead cheesy cheesy
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by nazzyon(m): 5:16pm On Jan 18, 2008
HiTV has not been working for 2 days now. And tomorrow is the reason why we had to procure the damn thing. Is anyone having the same problem?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by badaru1(m): 5:46pm On Jan 18, 2008
The issue is that is just becouse we are in a country where anybody can wake up, set up coy to defraud the people and go scot free. If not how could one xplain what is happening with coy call hitv. Even the free to air stations dont misbehave the way hitv does. If they know they cant provide quality service then let them pack and go. On the same eutelsat w 4 u have gtv check out there channels,they came in almost the same time with hitv. I puchased the set early this month for 20k and I was told by the agent that I ve one month subs inside,but now the channels especially those that carry hi as prefix keep going scramble intermittently. I email their office only to be told to bring my decorder for upgrade. I live about a thousand km from lagos. It seems they dont have qualified staff to manage the outfit.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:20pm On Jan 18, 2008
hi,pls hitv just installed a new subscription equipment and were carring out some in-house upgrade.so not all were srambled.if u were then maybe some records due to the upgrade were mixed up,or ur subscription as run out.
am sure u know they sent out text informing u guys to to update ur subscription.if u are off and u are not owing them call or visit their office.and pls the delay to add more channels is not hitv's problem but eutelsat.eutelsat technical staffs resumed work on the 14th.that is why u see trend tv said their freq. will come up by the end of the month.eutelsat is the one that adds channels,not hitv.hitv just signs for the channels and gets them the info.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by nazzyon(m): 7:28pm On Jan 18, 2008
My subscription won't expire till 2010. What do you have to say about that?

Installation was just 3 months ago.

My main reason for getting the damn thing is because of Football and now nothing to watch tomorrow. I may have to sue them if nothing is done in days to come. grin grin grin grin grin

In the mean time, I have to remain silent and see whats gonna happen.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by tboy81(m): 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2008
How can they expect people to come to lagos for the software upgrade Why can't ALL their dealers have the software upgrade? beats me?

For those having "access denied" problem, your best bet for now is to call their customer care (01-8990003-4) with your payment details/ smart card number/subscription plan; dat's what i did yesterday and the problem was resolved. I wonder why they had to do a blanket blocking of access to all their subcribers when the fault of knowing who had not paid subscriptions was theirs.

oh, does dat mean more channels will come up by end of january i hope another round of excuses will not come up by then. (maybe the eutelsat engineers will have gone for "annual leave"/"honeymoon" by then grin grin grin)

hitv . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . na wa o shocked shocked shocked
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by webmaster3: 10:24pm On Jan 18, 2008
With all these complaints, i just thank GOD that i didnt put my hard earned money on purchasing HITV. DSTV is still the bomb and they hardly have faults or scrambled channels except when it rains. Will HITV ever get better?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 8:46am On Jan 19, 2008
how man go watch league now cool cheesy
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by nazzyon(m): 9:17am On Jan 19, 2008
Honestly, I am getting tired of HiTV. If DSTV wants to upgrade you don't have to go to them why HiTV?

How do I get to take from my busy time to go to them? Every minute dropped cost me allot more than monthly subscription.

Please, How fast is the Starcomms 3G or any other service provider? I think I will opt for the service to watch live streaming via the internet.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by kashikapor(m): 1:00am On Jan 20, 2008
@urfriend, lol, now i get the picture initially i thought u guys had similar capacity to sky, and virgin media in the UK, lol
so u guys hv to wiat for eutelsat in order to operate, una never hammer.

how far wiv the ip/broaddband capacity wey una go acquire from france? i hope u know dat u guys will have to pray for glo to roll out in full capacity b4 una go fit use that format cos nigcomsat go mess una up biggerly.

sorry if some of una don lost na urfriend i dey follow talk.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by const6(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2008
@kashikapor,

You havent got the picture, what you have is a misinformed picture. Yes, HITV went to France to get broadband as you call it but MSDS as it is called, but you know the truth about that is it can take a lot of channels but it works more like GSM technology, HITV will have to build basestations, which obviously they have not started.

Another news about Eutelsat that you seem not to know is that even giant DSTV works with Eutelsat, most of their channels both for Nigeria, South Africa and the rest of AFrica is on Eutelsat, so no be HITV start am.

If you want to cover a large geographical area in a short while, satellite is your best bet and thats why HITV is on Eutelsat.

Maybe in another 5 years, the MSDS will be fully operational in Naija and by then, you can have up to 500 channels and HITv wont have to pay rental fees for the transponders they are using with Eutelsat.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by kashikapor(m): 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2008
@const6.
I get what your are trying to say,  but you will appreciate that we now know the technology they they adopted needs to be nurtured.
As per broadband/IP capacity wey i yarn, i know wetin i dey talk, forget the MSDS wey u yarn, that na the terrestial technology wey them adopt initially. (GUY no be only u get inside gist, lol)

Yes they put a premium on content i.e EPL but how can content be king without a functional distribution network.
DSTV pulls feeds from naija via eutelsat; that is more than normal,  but guy HITV having to pull feeds from naija channels via eutelsat, now that is a bit tricky , More like using your roamed international mobile phone i.e T-Mobile, to make a call to a Naija gsm phone while in naija, ((jumping over the fence when the gate is wide open)

I am not against them transmitting via eutelsat, but what i'd like you to understand is that they'll be coughing up alot of unneccesary funds. The idea of HITV is fantastic, but the environment which they are in is not enabling enough for quality of service.

Guy we don't even have data/broadcast playout centres in naija: this is the simplest/cheapest bit of infrastructure they can put in place to enable content providers start up as full blown 24hr channels. Imagine Nigezie and Primetime  having to bike dvds and tapes all the time to and fro everyday. by theway when i don know say at least 3 or 4 platforms we dey kampe like DSTV don dey for naija, then i dey come launch broadcast playout centre.

Well the only thing be say them get money and as we don know say them don dey visit nairaland e go good mk them hurry up and sort out their mess.

Oya dey yab dey go
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by senga: 7:52pm On Jan 21, 2008
Check out MSDS, where does it work?
They had to dismantle the system in Gabon because it would not work, even in Europe there are major problems trying to get it to work.

As you say Eutelsat carries DSTV as well as HITV, why is it that DSTV works while HITV doesn't, don't blame Eutelsat they only do what they are only paid to do. A single transponder rental from Eutelsat is about $1.5 million per year, one transponder in MPEG2 (HITV & Multichoice) can carry no more than 15 channels and HITV has only one transponder. Sport takes a lot of extra bandwidth that why HITV pixeletes so much, they are overloading their one transponder.

GTV are also on Eutelsat W4 and they only started last June, they cover Africa apart from Nigeria and SA and have already over 50,000 subscribers and none of the problems of HITV, they also have all the EPL for Africa (apart from Nigeria and South Africa), ask any anyone that have seen it in operation in Ghana and compare it with HITV.

If HITV are to bring more than 15 channels then they will need another transponder, another $1.5 million + the cost of the channels. The picture quality can also be down to the quality of the STB, cheaper the box the worse the picture.

If HITV had a good Conditional Access system, like DSTV and GTV they would be able to update all the software from satellite, the problems they have are due to buying the cheapest CA around.
All in all, an old computer saying "rubbish in rubbish out" is true in any field.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by kashikapor(m): 8:27pm On Jan 21, 2008
lol
lol
senga u go wound me.
na small small we got take know the true nature of the threath facing HITV.
so dat one mean say dem go soon hala for ovation tv, nigezie and primetime when their share holder begin hammer dem.

o boi dem no do their research well well, very soon DSTV fit go package african football; begin hype the stars like E entertainment dey do to boost that scene, and trust me we for naija go tune in , abi i lie?
all that EPL na bobo, no be everybody wan watch ball all day long.

But wait o the money wey eutelsat dey chop from naija plenty gan ooo, NTA dey use dem to send signals to the US and UK. I no blame dem; infact if anybody for eutelsat dey read this post abeg try increase your tariffs , my Naija ppl go pay, dem don hammer, lol
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by kayemjay(m): 9:01am On Jan 22, 2008
hey. wats with all the beefing of hitv? i was actually hoping they would scramble yesterday during the match against ivory coast. men! hitv rocks!!!!!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by const6(m): 10:21am On Jan 22, 2008
@kashikapor,

No be say i dey beef you, i no dey yab you.

Infact i know know wether i dey pity HITV o, you know, imagine the money wey them dey burn, i just hope and pray for them sha.

They will definately need to rent another transponder, they need to have more content to get more subscribers.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 11:07am On Jan 22, 2008
hitv did not scramble during the nigeria and ivory coast match but their coverage of the match was witout commentary except towards the end of the match.This morning their total system on satellite has scambled

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46)

BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos / Movie Scenes That Nearly Killed Jackie Chan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.