Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:17 PM

16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG (14652 Views)

FG Owes 16 States N580bn On Rehabilitated Roads / PDP: 17 States, APC: 16 States, Swing: 4 States / Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by aishatua1: 12:17am On Oct 03, 2012
[b]16 states to be flooded in one week –FG

October 2, 2012 by James Azania with agency report

Federal Ministry of Environment on Tuesday predicted flooding resulting from heavy rains in Lagos, Kano and 14 other states between now and October 10.

Other states as Kebbi, Akwa Ibom, Oyo, Anambra, Kwara, Jigawa, Katsina, Bauchi, Adamawa, Kogi, Zamfara, Plateau, Taraba and Cross Rivers.

The Deputy Director, Erosion, Flood and Coastal Zone Management of the ministry, Dr. Morohunkeji Oyeleke, said this in a statement to News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday.

Oyeleke identified some areas that could be affected in Kebbi as Argungu, Anka and Bungudu, while residents of Abak, Ikotabasi, Upenekang and Etinan in Akwa Ibom could suffer from flooding.

Other areas are Oyo town and its environs, areas to be affected in Jigawa are Dutse, Gwaram, Hadejia and Miga.

She also listed Aboh and Agbor (Delta), Atani (Anambra), Jebba, New-Bussa, and Kosubosu (Kwara) as well as Katsina Jibia and Kaita (Katsina) as arreas likely to be affected.

The DG predicted flooding in Azare, Darazo, Bajoga, Jamaare, Kirfi, Misau and Tafawa Balewa (Bauchi) and Kaduna Zaria, Jemaa, and Kafinmadaki (Kaduna).

According to her, the flood-prone areas in Kano State include Bebeji, Gwarzo, Karaye, Sumaila and Tudun Wada as well as Gusau, Kaura-Namoda and Maradun ( Zamfara).

Areas which could be affected by the downpour-induced flood include Bida, Kontagora, Mashegu and Sarkinpawa (Niger) with Bokkos, Buruku, Jos, Mangu, Shelleng and Shandam (Plateau) expected to suffer a similar fate.

Oyeleke identified Demsa, Ganye, Jimeta, Mayobelwa, Mubi Numan and Song in Adamawa; also Donga, Lau, Mutumbiyu and Yorro in Taraba and Eti Osa, Ikorodu, Lekki, Surulere in Lagos state.

She appealed to the governments of the 16 states to take measures to avoid flood disasters.

Oyeleke added that similar warnings in the past had saved lives and property.

She said the ministry had been receiving verbal reports from states on how the weather forecasts had been helpful in preventing natural disasters.

Meanwhile, Edo State Government on Tuesday began the distribution of relief materials to victims of last week’s flooding disaster in the state. Floods sacked over 30 communities in three local governments.

Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Peter Okhiria, in a statement, said the relief materials were distributed in fulfilment of a promise by Goveror Adams Oshiomhole.

Head, State Emergency Relief Agency, Maimuna Momodu, said the materials were to take care of the victim’s immediate needs.
[/b]

http://www.punchng.com/news/16-states-to-be-flooded-in-one-week-fg/
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by asha80(m): 12:20am On Oct 03, 2012
warning has been giving now and not later they will start giving excuses.

3 Likes

Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by ektbear: 12:52am On Oct 03, 2012
Crazy. Is this a consequence of global warming or something..?
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by miky(m): 5:10am On Oct 03, 2012
ekt_bear: Crazy. Is this a consequence of global warming or something..?

yup they have been saying this for like 20 years now...
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by Nobody: 5:12am On Oct 03, 2012
God is punishing us for our wickedness. Turn away from your evil ways Nigerians and ask for forgiveness..

4 Likes

Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by nass07(m): 5:13am On Oct 03, 2012
They know this, why can't they jst send relief materials and workers to the proned regions.
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by nass07(m): 5:16am On Oct 03, 2012
musKeeto: God is punishing us for our wickedness. Turn away from your evil ways Nigerians and ask for forgiveness..
abeg,disasters happens everywhere. They are natural phenomenum, in which Nigeria is not an exception

5 Likes

Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by bcomputer101: 5:16am On Oct 03, 2012
Seriously, I dreamt about dis two days ago but the sad story about it ȋ̝̊̅§ that the flood cuts off the Northerners from Nigeria A̶̲̥̅̊nϑ the erosion push them †̥ there dream land called SOMALIA.....
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by bankyblue(m): 5:25am On Oct 03, 2012
for those that ve ear, let them hear now o. moving thing activated now . . . . . those in that area, start moving to safe ground. because i don't want to weep for any nigerian water will drown this time. warning!

1 Like

Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by bankyblue(m): 5:26am On Oct 03, 2012
[quote
author=bcomputer101]Seriously, I dream about dis two days ago but the
sad story about it ȋ̝̊̅§ that the flood cuts off the Northerners from
Nigeria A̶̲̥̅̊nϑ the erosion push them †̥ SOMALIA.....[/quote]
lol. . . . . i like that.
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by Booty4me: 5:50am On Oct 03, 2012
CHEIIIII!!! ANYWAY MY CANOE THEY ON STANDBY
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 03, 2012
I actually dreamt bout dis over-nyt dat was Y I decided to open dis thread, 4 dose of us staying @ Aguda side of Surulere, let's start moving our stuffs if possible.. Dreamt dat som1 got eletricuted in d process sel cryf..

I
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by blueheart(m): 5:59am On Oct 03, 2012
A right step in a good direction bt more needs to b done on prevention and relief materials. Not just lipservice everytime
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by Odunnu: 6:00am On Oct 03, 2012
This flood is a new one. We have never seen its type before.
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by megareal: 6:14am On Oct 03, 2012
^^^Very different year. Too much rain if you ask me. Gets me worried sometimes.
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by critic(m): 6:18am On Oct 03, 2012
Pls which areas are most likely 2 b affected by flood in lagos..? I mean d flood prone areas...
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by goldng: 6:18am On Oct 03, 2012
Lord have mercy...
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by Sijo01(f): 6:24am On Oct 03, 2012
The ealier the soon to be victim start relocating now the better...... I wont be suprise is some of them disregard the warning.
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by wizard01(m): 6:37am On Oct 03, 2012
It has not been stated where in cross River the flood would affect.

Speaking of flood, it' surprising!! When did Nigeria begin experiencing natural disaster? Are we ment to expect earth quake as well?
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by erinolu(m): 6:39am On Oct 03, 2012
Did they mention when...This our news self na wa........WHEN OOOOO !!!
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by omiobo: 6:47am On Oct 03, 2012
Canoe,life jacket and lifebouy are now available. Contact Me omiobo@yahoo.com.
grin I care about you all.
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by bright007(f): 6:52am On Oct 03, 2012
Atleast we can begin training our swimmers for brazil's 2014 olympics in the flood.
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by LeCoq: 6:55am On Oct 03, 2012
musKeeto: God is punishing us for our wickedness. Turn away from your evil ways Nigerians and ask for forgiveness..

you were up early so am guessing you must have wet your bed, Again?
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by blank(f): 6:57am On Oct 03, 2012
critic: Pls which areas are most likely 2 b affected by flood in lagos..? I mean d flood prone areas...
erinolu:
Did they mention when...This our news self na wa........WHEN OOOOO !!!
You guys are funny o. Did you even read the article?

Floods will be between Oct 2 and Oct 10.

Eti-Osa, Ikorodu, Lekki, Surulere. (Most off Lagos o).

2 Likes

Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by Patdedon(m): 7:01am On Oct 03, 2012
shocked shocked :oEtinan!!!! My PPA. Going to get a canoe on standby from 2day. Thanks 4 d info
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by EzePromoe: 7:03am On Oct 03, 2012
[size=24pt]O ye Noah, where at thou, and thy ark? O God of Israel, resurrect Noah for us o.[/size]
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by hydeenoble(m): 7:05am On Oct 03, 2012
erinolu: Did they mention when...This our news self na wa........WHEN OOOOO !!!
mumu wey don shayo! d report stated frm now til 10th oct. U ar stil asking when
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by Imeyo(m): 7:08am On Oct 03, 2012
asha 80: warning has been giving now and not later they will start giving excuses.
kudos to the FMENV.at least envtalist are nw active.applaus
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by jadakiss213(m): 7:08am On Oct 03, 2012
hydeenoble: mumu wey don shayo! d report stated frm now til 10th oct. U ar stil asking when
no mind am..too much garri soaking dey block eye
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by muyenmuyen: 7:30am On Oct 03, 2012
To before warned is to-before armed, no close eye for this and say you dey distribute yeye materials later o
Re: 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG by jude33084(m): 7:40am On Oct 03, 2012
nass07: They know this, why can't they jst send relief materials and workers to the proned regions.

Who is "they"? Is it τhe PDP govt Ŧħåϯ said they have done their best Őᵑ flooding undecided Guy believe ♍e those areas are Őᵑ their own sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Writes Dogara, Accuses Him Of Undermining Principal Officers / President Buhari Leaves For Turkey On Wednesday / Uzodimma To Name Sponsors Of Insecurity In Imo Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.