Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG (1774 Views)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / 16 States To Be Flooded In One Week –FG / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Beaf: 11:39pm On Jul 09, 2012
[size=14pt]Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Of Culprits Begins Next Week - FG[/size]
Mon, 09/07/2012 - 5:56pm | GEORGE AGBA

This is coming just as president Goodluck Jonathan held a crucial meeting with heads of the other two arms of government, including the Senate President, David Mark; Speaker of the House, Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal and the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Dahiru Musdapher to mull the way forward on the war against corruption.

Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke who disclosed federal government's readiness to prosecute alleged looters of the country's funds meant for fuel subsidy in the country said: "The report was not discussed as an issue, but assurances were given that as soon as the EFCC finishes its assignment which is very soon, you will begin to see prosecution probably in the next one week.

"We will begin to prosecute because the EFCC has gone very far. So, Nigerians should be rest assured that this is not an issue that will be swept under the carpet. We have gone this far because we want a proper and painstaking investigation done so that when we charge people to court there will be no lapses or loopholes for lawyers to explore", the AGF added.

Adoke who spoke to State House Correspondents immediately after the meeting of heads of the three arms of government admitted that the meeting was to review strategy on fighting corruption, saying, "Yes, we are coming out with a national strategy on the fight against corruption, and that strategy will involve the three arms of government".

Also present at the meeting from the executive's side were the Vice President, Secretary to Government of the Federation, the Head of Service, Central Bank Governor, Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/29320/2012/07/09/subsidy_probe_prosecution_culprits_begins_next_week_fg.html
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by nduchucks: 11:54pm On Jul 09, 2012
Mallam Beaf, what a difference a day makes! I see you have quickly posted a story that will help you give kudos to your uncle. You suggested that this was a bad idea only 24 hours ago.

Let me refresh your memory - here are the responses of you and your boys to my post:

ndu_chucks 11:37am On Jul 08:

There is more than enough evidence to arrest some of these people and file charges against them with or without the subsidy report. If that is not clear to you, I'm afraid you are the one blind to reason and clueless on law enforcement processes. There are individual cases of blatant fraud which can be prosecuted immediately and it is foolish and senseless to wait for some dumb report before these rogues are prosecuted.

Mandelaguy 11:45am On Jul 08:
This revealation came at once and should not engage or condone any form of distraction. We prefer the criminals treated as a whole,else we run the risk of sensationalising some and sweeping some under the carpet and create more room for FAROUKISM. You are one of the people that have always made noise about doing things well on this follow,practice what you try preaching or remain blinded to issues by your displaced sense of loyalty.

Beaf 4:51pm On Jul 08:

You sound like kobojunkie.

Captainajama:
What nonsense are you talking about? The truth is to be said,there is no place I know where sentiments and emotions proceed law. There is a law that govern the land and it must be adhered to,arrest and prosecution becomes successful after conclusive evidences in which the culprits cannot run or practice FAROUKISM!

NUFF SAID
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Beaf: 12:00am On Jul 10, 2012
ndu_chucks: Mallam Beaf, what a difference a day makes! I see you have quickly posted a story that will help you give kudos to your uncle. You suggested that this was a bad idea only 24 hours ago.

Let me refresh your memory - here are the responses of you and your boys to my post:

NUFF SAID

Next time, be patient and let due process take its cause.
Why do you feel when told that you sound like kobojunkie anyway? ...Hmmmmmmmmmmm! I wonder!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by dedeike: 1:00am On Jul 10, 2012
@ndu chuks, EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE. EARLY TO PROSECUTE. EARLY TO AQUIT.
It is only ignorant people like KOBOJUNKIE and his footsoldiers, who have no knowledge whatsoever on the workings of law, that will ask for suspects to be rushed to court. It is one thing to accuse or charge. It's one thing to establish a prima facile case of corruption against a suspect. It's entirely a different ball game to prosecute and secure a proper conviction.

The ultimate end is not arraignment but conviction. The latter requires a water tight evidence secured by proper investigation by the police. That FACROOK report, if left to stand on its own, cannot stand the rigors of a full trial. The prosecution needs to reduce recommendations to offenses punishable under our laws. They need to sift sentiments from facts. They need to make witnesses of some of those who testified at the various public hearings. It is not a tea party.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by nduchucks: 1:37am On Jul 10, 2012
dedeike: @ndu chuks, EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE. EARLY TO PROSECUTE. EARLY TO AQUIT.
It is only ignorant people like KOBOJUNKIE and his footsoldiers, who have no knowledge whatsoever on the workings of law, that will ask for suspects to be rushed to court. It is one thing to accuse or charge. It's one thing to establish a prima facile case of corruption against a suspect. It's entirely a different ball game to prosecute and secure a proper conviction.

The ultimate end is not arraignment but conviction. The latter requires a water tight evidence secured by proper investigation by the police. That FACROOK report, if left to stand on its own, cannot stand the rigors of a full trial. The prosecution needs to reduce recommendations to offenses punishable under our laws. They need to sift sentiments from facts. They need to make witnesses of some of those who testified at the various public hearings. It is not a tea party.

Even dullards are now attempting to sound intelligent. Aquit acquit ko, aquifer ni. olodo

This boy also wrote: It's one thing to establish a prima facile case of corruption against a suspect. cheesy Prima facile ko, prime rib ni cheesy I forgive your dumbness, you don make me laugh this evening.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by dedeike: 1:58am On Jul 10, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Even dullards are now attempting to sound intelligent. Aquit acquit ko, aquifer ni. olodo

This boy also wrote: It's one thing to establish a prima facile case of corruption against a suspect. cheesy Prima facile ko, prime rib ni cheesy I forgive your dumbness, you don make me laugh this evening.
grin grin grin grin. Its so evident of how much you guys have lost steam that you hve condescended to picking out typographical errors and isolating the real issues. So clueless of you. if the only fault you could detect out of the entire post is typographical error, then i'm very happy. It means you guys are beginning to appreciate the truth and soon I expect you to return the money they gave you for this hatchet job.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 10, 2012
Melodramatic
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Mandelaguy(m): 6:30am On Jul 10, 2012
ndu_chucks: Mallam Beaf, what a difference a day makes! I see you have quickly posted a story that will help you give kudos to your uncle. You suggested that this was a bad idea only 24 hours ago.

NUFF SAID
You guys are so adept at twisting issues. Let me answer you again...... I was saying that rushing into prosecution without conclusive evidence will lead to losing some of the cases and sweeping some under the carpet.
Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke who disclosed federal government's readiness to prosecute alleged looters of the country's funds meant for fuel subsidy in the country said: "The report was not discussed as an issue, but assurances were given that as soon as the EFCC finishes its assignment which is very soon, you will begin to see prosecution probably in the next one week.

"We will begin to prosecute because the EFCC has gone very far. So, Nigerians should be rest assured that this is not an issue that will be swept under the carpet. We have gone this far because we want a proper and painstaking investigation done so that when we charge people to court there will be no lapses or loopholes for lawyers to explore", the AGF added. this shows that I actually knew what I was talking about.....hey,read well,don't make me begin to wonder how you passed your exams in school if the few lines I dropped couldn't be nderstood by you even after reading this highlighted parts of the post.....and don't let me term all of you daft(though I have no better words for shallow minds like you and your lot)SIMPLY DAFT!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Zutchy: 7:21am On Jul 10, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Ndu_chuks some people might hesitate to call you daft but I do not hold such sentiments,YOU ARE SO FREAKING DAFT,can you imagine yourself leaving the main issue at hand to pick at typographical errors,any way,if you want to get a conviction you have to build a case that lacks loop holes if not the defense will destroy your case,some of the people going to be prosecuted have the money to hire the best lawyers in the land,so to get them you have to build a case that not even Lord Dennis would have been able to beat.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by egift(m): 7:48am On Jul 10, 2012
Mark my words,

Not just a week will pass, but months will pass and nothing will happen. For someone that for two years did nothing and now you want to hold your breath for one week. And all you 40 Abuja Laptops want us to believe.

Hope you have not forgotten this...the results are in.
(He could not bribe it to reality) grin grin grin

Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by egift(m): 7:53am On Jul 10, 2012
1. Proudly brought to you by President Jona:

2. Funded and sponsored by Madam Patience:
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Beaf: 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
[size=14pt]Subsidy Probe - Panic As FG Finally Moves Against Oil Thieves[/size]

The development came just as some stakeholders have expressed divergent views on the matter. Chief executive officer of Financial Derivatives Company Mr. Bismarck Rewane, said the decision by the federal government would have sent jitters to the oil industry, particularly the downstream sector.
Relevant Links

He said the industry would be wondering who will be hit or not, saying, however, that, "it is a different ball game whether or not the government will be faithful to its words. We have to wait and see. The government must be given the benefit of doubt".

Spokesman of Oando Plc, Mr. Odion Alenba, said government should go ahead and prosecute whoever is indicted in the shaddy oil deals.

But the spokesman of NIPCO, Mr. Toafik Lawal, said there is the need for the federal government to put into consideration the technicalities in the oil industry before saying that firms or individuals are guilty.

The AGF further said: "The issue of the report was not discussed as an issue, but assurances were given that as soon as the EFCC finishes its assignment, which is very soon, you will begin to see prosecution probably in the next one week."

This is coming just as President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday held a crucial meeting with heads of the other two arms of government, including Senate president David Mark; Speaker of the House, Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal; and the chief justice of Nigeria, Justice Dahiru Musdapher, to mull the way forward on the war against corruption.

The AGF said: "We will begin to prosecute, because the EFCC has gone very far. So, Nigerians should be rest assured that this is not an issue that will be swept under the carpet. We have gone this far because we want a proper and painstaking investigation done so that when we charge people to court there will be no lapses or loopholes for lawyers to explore."

Adoke also admitted that the meeting was to review strategy on fighting corruption. "Yes, we are coming out with a national strategy on the fight against corruption, and that strategy will involve the three arms of government," he stated.

Also speaking, Senate leader Victor Ndoma Egba, who described the meeting as one aimed towards tackling corruption in the country head-on-also noted that President Jonathan was very worried over the incidence of corruption in the country.

Ndoma Egba said: "The president's initiative is unprecedented - getting the three arms of government to sit in one meeting and the subject matter of discussion was the issue of corruption and how the three arms could work together to stem the worrying incident of corruption in our polity. We discussed at length, got insight from each arm of government, and we will meet again to review the issues that arose from today's meeting and on the way forward.

"Well, the president is obviously worried about the incidence of corruption, and, from the discussions we had, all the arms of government are indeed worried about the incidence of corruption in our society. And we looked at the challenges we are facing in the fight against corruption; some of the issues are constitutional.

"The National Assembly will take another look at these issues. The judiciary also gave its own insight into the constraints. All of these will be addressed. The issue of funding of the agencies especially the EFCC and the ICPC was also discussed, all of these issues will be addressed."

Also present at the meeting from the executive's side were the vice president, secretary to government of the federation, the head of service, Central Bank governor, chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).

From the legislative arm of government were the House of Representatives leader, the chairman of the Senate Committee on Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes and his counterpart from the House of Representatives.

The acting president of the Court of Appeal, the chief judges of the FCT, Lagos, Kaduna and Anambra, states were also present at the meeting.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201207100078.html
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by egift(m): 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
Beaf In Presido's Situation Room

Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by SkyBlue1: 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2012
TWO WEEKS LATER

. . . . . just saying . . . .

AGF Adoke . . . . . how far?
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2012
Next week never reach grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Gbawe: 8:20am On Jul 23, 2012
Any subsidy 'culprit' arraigned yet,in case I missed it, after two weeks of seeing the pledge above? This is another sad indication of what Nigeria has become under a set of people who know nothing at all about governance and even the paramount need for leaders to be seen to lead by example so that the system is not demoralised and destroyed totally.
It is all about empty pledges everyday (eg "boko haram to end in June" etc) a very corrupt, compromised, insincere and inept Government can never deliver on. Who will GEJ and his goons make 'scapegoats' of the subsidy probe when him and his minions are the main culprits? Who will be thrown to the Lions and go silently without implicating 'oga'?

If Nigeria was not now so ethnically divided, thanks to the deliberate efforts of divisive politicians like GEJ himself who need "divide and conquer' environment to thrive, this Government would have been booted out by a people united in seeing the truth no one can deny - this is a government failing everyone in every corner of Nigeria.

This is a very worthless government unlike many poor Government we have seen in the past. This Government is not only worsening Nigeria's problems, like others have done in the past, but moving the nation towards disintegration with it's farcical, corrupt and divisive actions/inactions.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Demdem(m): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2012
egift: Beaf In Presido's Situation Room

grin grin grin

we are still waiting oooo
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by ifihearam: 8:43am On Jul 23, 2012
The problem with nigerians is that they always want to believe what they want to believe(nigerian mentality).this subsidy scam has been on for years and nobody I repeat nobody had the balls to tackle it. Gej has come nd opened our eyes yet we still cast aspersions why?? He could have looked the other way and let the thieves continue but he stopped it and has directed full prosecution yet you are still complaining. What do you nigerians even want sef?
If I were you who doesn't have confidence in him,I would wait to the expiration of the time given and if nothing happens then you can spill ur rubbish again as you are best known for.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2012
ifihearam: The problem with nigerians is that they always want to believe what they want to believe(nigerian mentality).this subsidy scam has been on for years and nobody I repeat nobody had the balls to tackle it. Gej has come nd opened our eyes yet we still cast aspersions why?? He could have looked the other way and let the thieves continue but he stopped it and has directed full prosecution yet you are still complaining. What do you nigerians even want sef?
If I were you who doesn't have confidence in him,I would wait to the expiration of the time given and if nothing happens then you can spill ur rubbish again as you are best known for.

Beaf: [size=14pt]Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Of Culprits Begins Next Week - FG[/size]
Mon, 09/07/2012 - 5:56pm | GEORGE AGBA

This is coming just as president Goodluck Jonathan held a crucial meeting with heads of the other two arms of government, including the Senate President, David Mark; Speaker of the House, Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal and the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Dahiru Musdapher to mull the way forward on the war against corruption.

"We will begin to prosecute because the EFCC has gone very far. So, Nigerians should be rest assured that this is not an issue that will be swept under the carpet. We have gone this far because we want a proper and painstaking investigation done so that when we charge people to court there will be no lapses or loopholes for lawyers to explore", the AGF added.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/29320/2012/07/09/subsidy_probe_prosecution_culprits_begins_next_week_fg.html

In the next one week since July 9th. Who is now spilling rubbish??
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Demdem(m): 10:42am On Jul 23, 2012
@ifihearm

The retardeen didnt open anybody's eyes. His intention was to cover up the whole fraud (which ridicously went up during his tenure unlike other tenures) by the complete removal of subsidy and spare the cabal who apparently are his supporters. Of cos, Nigerians kicked against it and suddenly realised during the protest that the whole subsidy was simply a scam. The first probe that was initiated didnt come from him, instead it was from the senate late last year (Still awaiting their report). After the protest, the House also raised a probe panel. it wasnt until months after that the retardeen woke up from his slumber and decided to reluctantly initiate his own probe albeit a fooolish one because the head of the probe panel (AIG) is also a member of the cabal.

Dont come here to start distorting facts, we all know how these things transpired. No one is complaining about prosecution, the question is when will it start? (if at all it will)
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by egift(m): 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2012
Beaf, next week no dey reach again? grin
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by jmaine: 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2012
[size=16pt]Fuel subsidy: EFCC to arraign 20 companies

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) will on Wednesday in Lagos arraign some oil marketers and their companies for their alleged complicity in the fuel subsidy fraud.

[b]The accused persons are expected to be arraigned before Justices Adeniyi Onigbanjo and Habeeb Abiru of the Ikeja High Courts. Those to be arraigned before Justice Onigbanjo are Mahmud Tukur, Ochonogor Alex, Abdulai Alao and Eterna Oil and Gas Ltd.

According to the charge sheet dated July 19, 2012, the accused persons are facing a 9-count charge bothering on conspiracy, obtaining money under false pretences, forgery and use of false documents.

The EFCC alleged that they had on April 28, 2011 in Lagos, fraudulently obtained N676.9 million from the Federal Government, purporting same to be payment accruing to Eterna Oil under the Petroleum Support Fund.

The commission also accused the marketers of falsifying claims to have purchased 33, 288, 388 litres of Premium Motoring Spirits (PMS) from Mercury Energy Trading AS and imported to Nigeria through Ex-MT Fulmer, Ex-MT Emirates Star and Ex-MT Panther.

Alao will also face another 7-count charge bothering on obtaining money under false pretences, forgery and use of false documents before Abiru. He is accused of fraudulently obtaining N2.5 billion in December 2010 from the Federal Government as subsidy payments for supplying 13,364,284 and 20,014,627 litres of PMS from Ex- MT Gavros and Ex-MT Nippon Princess.

The quartet of Walter Wagbatsuma, Adaoha Ugo-Ngadi, Fakunde Babafemi and Ezekiel Ejide, alongside their company -- Ontario Oil and Gas Ltd -- will also be arraigned before Abiru.

They are also facing a 9-count charge bothering on conspiracy, obtaining money by false pretext, forgery and use of false documents. The EFCC, in the charge sheet signed by Mrs O.O. Fatunde, alleged that the accused persons fraudulently obtained over N1.9 billion from the Federal Government under the Petroleum Support Fund from July to December 2010.

All the accused persons were also alleged to have forged bills of lading and other vital documents which they allegedly used in perpetrating the fraud.[/b]

The anti-graft agency said their alleged offences contravened Sections 1(3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act of 2006. The offences also contravened Sections 467 and 468 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Lagos State 2003, it added.[/size]

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/41698-fuel-subsidy-efcc-to-arraign-2-companies

[size=16pt]
Fuel Subsidy scam: EFCC to arraign 20 suspects[/size]

According to a press statement signed and released by the spokesperson of the commission, Wilson Uwujaren, the companies involved are: Nasaman Oil Services; Eternal Oil and Gas Plc; Ontario Oil & Gas Plc; Nadabo Energy Limited; Pacific Silver Line Limited, Axenergy Limited and Fago Petroleum and Gas Limited.

The statement listed the 11 individuals involved in the scam as: Mamman Nasir Ali; Christian Taylor; Mahmud Tukur; Ochonogor Alex; Walter Wagbatsoma; Adaoha Ugo-Ngadi; Fakuade Babafemi Ebenezer; Ezekiel Olaleye Ejidele; Abubakar Ali Peters; Jude Agube Abalaka, Abdulahi Alao and Oluwaseun Ogunbanbo.

Ezekiel Olaleye Ejidele is director of the accounting firm, Akintola Williams Deliote while Fakuade Babafemi Ebenezer is a staff of the Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulating Agency, PPPRA.

“Nasaman Oil Services; Mamman Nasir and Christian Taylor are to face charges bordering on obtaining N4, 460, 130, 797. 94 (Four Billion, Four Hundred and Sixty Million, One Hundred and Thirty Thousand, Seven Hundred and Ninety Seven Naira, Ninety Four Kobo) from the Federal Government of Nigeria under false pretence. The sum is alleged to have been fraudulently obtained as subsidy payments from the Petroleum Support Fund for the purported importation of 30.5million litres of Premium Motor Spirit from SEATAC Petroleum Limited of British Virgin Islands,” the statement reads.

In the same vein, the anti-graft agency will prosecute Abdullahi Alao and Axenergy Limited for allegedly obtaining the sum of N2, 640, 141, 707.75 (Two Billion, Six Hundred and Forty Million; One Hundred and Forty One Thousand; Seven Hundred and Seven Naira, Seventy Five Kobo) being payments received from the Petroleum Support Fund for the purported importation of 33.3 million litres of Premium Motor Spirit.

Others include Mahmud Tukur, Ochonogor Alex; Abdulahi Alao and Eternal Oil And Gas Plc who will be docked for fraudulently obtaining the sum of N1, 899, 238, 946. 02( One Billion, Eight Hundred and Ninety Nine Million, Two Hundred and Thirty Eight Thousand, Nine Hundred and Forty Six Naira, Two Kobo) from the Petroleum support Fund for a purported importation of 80.3million litres of Premium Motor Spirit.

Also, Nadabo Energy Limited, Abubakar Ali Peters, Jude Agube Abalaka and Pacific Silver Line Limited are to be prosecuted for allegedly obtaining the sum of N1, 464, 961, 978.24 (One Billion, Four Hundred and Sixty Four Million, Nine Hundred and Sixty One Thousand, Nine Hundred and Seventy Eight Naira, Twenty- Four Kobo ), being payments fraudulently received from the Petroleum Support Fund for a purported importation of 19.4million litres of Premium Motor Spirit.

Walter Wagbatsoma; Adaoha Ugo -Ngadi; Fakuade Babafemi Ebenezer; Ezekiel Olaleye Ejidele and Ontario Oil & Gas Nigeria Limited will be arraigned for fraudulently obtaining the sum of N1, 959, 377, 542, .63 (One Billion, Nine Hundred and Fifty Nine Million, Three Hundred and Seventy Seven Thousand, Five Hundred and Forty Two Naira, Sixty Three Kobo) from the Petroleum Support Fund for a purported importation of 39.2 litres of Premium Motor Spirit.

Lastly, Fago Petroleum and Gas Limited and Oluwaseun Ogunbanbo are to be docked for fraudulently obtaining the sum of N979,653,110.20 ( Nine Hundred and Seventy Nine Million, Six Hundred and Fifty Three Thousand, One Hundred and Ten Thousand Naira, Twenty Eight Kobo), from the Petroleum Support Fund for a purported importation of 33, 627, 84 litres of Premium Motor Spirit.

The EFCC said the 20 suspects are among the over 140 individuals and organisations it is investigating for their alleged involvement in the subsidy payments.

“More suspects will be arraigned periodically as the investigation progresses,” the commission’s spokesperson said

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/24/fuel-subsidy-scam-efcc-to-arraign-20-suspects/

[size=18pt]One thing at a time . . . . We await the big fish smiley[/size]
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
[size=14pt]To arraign . . . To prosecute [/size]. . . Still future tense, I see .. . undecided
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Jmain: 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2012
The Spambot trapped me angry . . .Pending when my post will be made visible . . .Please head to google and type "Fuel Subsidy: EFCC to arraign 20 suspects"
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Bawss1(m): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2012
Next week hasn't arrived yet.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Gbawe: 9:40am On Sep 16, 2012
Anybody seen a Man called Mr. S Probe? He has been missing for around 6 weeks since the 16th of July. If found please tell him to report to the Nigerian people. They are distraught he is missing grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by DisGuy: 9:41am On Sep 16, 2012
Atchuuuun

Bless me!!

lmao
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by jamace(m): 11:46am On Sep 16, 2012
How far, my people?
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Gbawe: 12:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
jamace: How far, my people?

Over to GEJ fans and apologists. Many of us were insulted because we said nothing will happen since GEJ, Allison-Madueke et al, without a shadow of doubt, were a big part of this scam. Put in layman's term, the scam could not happen without the complicity of the FG and the NNPC.

If Nigeria is a Nations with politically mature adults, able to shun emotion and reason with logic, it would be obvious, beyond any doubt, who the scammers are despite the deceptive and pathetic 'Nollywood' charade from this shameless Government. Is it not only the FG and NNPC who are legally empowered to issue Marketers licence? who should we blame for the scam seen when many licenses were issued to folks without the capacity or history to operate in the fuel importation sector? Some of the fans of GEJ should be honest with themselves and see what is obvious.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by PointB: 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2012
***yawns**
Reaches out for pop-corn and watch sad souls grasping for straws!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by jmaine: 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2012
Let me get something clear here .

1).didn't the EFCC keep to it's word to prosecute the fist batch with notable PDP wards involved.

2) wasn't the case above not adjoined for future hearing with some of the accused denied permision to travel outside the country . .

Recently, the EFCC signalled intent to to prosecute the second batch with valid cases to answer . And they are only seeking to do a thourough job before heading to the court . .

May i seek to ask what elicited this current misplaced frenzy ?
Re: Subsidy Probe: Prosecution Might Begin As Soon As Next Week - FG by Jisunpack: 12:53pm On Sep 16, 2012
It is easier to squeeze out water from a rock than to expect anything on fuel subsidy. Jonathan aka retardinho is the most corrupt president of all time. Farcrook self don chop clean him mouth.

He cannot I repeat he cannot do anything to these thieves cause they held him by the balls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Forgotten Documents Of The Nigerian Civil War By Odia Ofeimun / Stella Oduah, Neighbour 2 Neighbour & The Online Battle. / Imo State To Issue Out ID Card To Northerners In The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.