Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe (21145 Views)

N45.9bn Fraud: EFCC To Try Tompolo Separately / Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Ex Service Chiefs,Serving & Former Military Leaders / 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Okukk(m): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2012
Again, the guys in this cloak call EFCC keep portraying their ineptitude in the open. Why are they chasing shadow in the name of portraying the church or the priest in a bad light. Does the chairman of EFCC or their staff disclose their offerings/tithes or arms to their imams/priest/pastor?
Rather than focus on their professional discharge of their duties, they are hunting shadow. Very soon the UK police will tell us another corrupt official in government and they are here foot dragging
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Ehisod(m): 9:20am On Oct 05, 2012
Which fire are you referring to is it the same one that has been burning the perpetrators of evil in Nigeria which has put us in this state of stagnation that we have found our selves today. My friend just shut up, it is guys like you that will do the same thing given similar opportunities hoping that the prayers and blessings of these "holy men" will absolve you of any backlash from your wrong doings.

1025:

you are mentally retarded and ur efcc do not have anything to offer.
nobody asks anybody to go and still to pay tithe but if anyone goes to arrest a rev father over such, the fire of God will burn that one to ashes.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Holyrule(m): 10:14am On Oct 05, 2012
i like the way things are going on now inn this country....... religious my foot......,mtcheeeeeww
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by angelkev: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2012
i dont see anything wrong with the clergy coz names are neither written on tithes nor offerings coz dey re usually in envelopes..moreover, does d priest know d income of a person?can someone not do legite business and av such tithe? EFCC should go and carryout other investigationz.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Chiefpriest(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2012
Yes oo,thank god for you just watch innocents of muslims and improve on your priest or profet personality.basterd.
Ayatullah: [color=#990000]It is now clear why armed robbers are targeting these so-called reverend fathers. Thank God for Islam I would have been tempted to loot the church, what a pity, the church has now become the custodian of stolen money.
[/color]
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by unekwubaby: 11:39am On Oct 05, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Don't be stupiid in church you don't write your name on tithes. Tithes usually come with envelop and go into tithe box. Rev's don't know who and who pay their tithes, when it's time for tithes members who want to pay their tithe will move to the alter and pay tithes they don't hand it over to the priest hand to hand.

you reason like me.thank you
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by unekwubaby: 11:59am On Oct 05, 2012
debrief08: I am a Christian and catholic and I support this, enough of the ostrich moves, some priests are just something else. The catholic church does not endorse this and usually makes retribution in cases like this. Let them return the money, and let the same be done for Pastors like Adeboye who a private jet was purchased for with stolen funds from oceanic and inter continental bank. Good move

you are a disgraced to your generation unborn.so you want to tell me you dont know how tithe is been paid in the church?rev father dont even know who paid the tithe.afterall,he said that is 10% of his income then EFCC should ask him and leave man of god alone.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by unekwubaby: 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
Chiefpriest: Yes oo,thank god for you just watch innocents of muslims and improve on your priest or profet personality.basterd.[color=#006600][/color]

thank your muhamed of terrorism bokoharammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
your father

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Lex1(m): 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2012
Wouldn't know some ppl are so re.ter.ed... The efcc have no case here, the guy paid the money as tithe to the church not to the pastors directly. Even though the revs knows the person that pay such huge amount as tithe to the church they wouldn't question him cos they know is proffession. The money don go teytey na d man make them old. Church go get falana as ur lawyer make u win case n sue efcc for personility damages. Double money.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by 1money: 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2012
Why arrest priests?
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

How slow is your brain to understand simple explanation? Look nobody has time to know who pay tithe and who did not pay. Tithe is a secret covenant one has with God and it's a spiritual excises so stop twisting it to make it look like the church or Rev whom the man paid the tithes in the church they manage are criminals, because i know too well that is where you are driving to. Mind you catholic church is not like other Pentecostal churches where one man can own and control all the donor and monetary affairs.
why am I not surprised at your aggressive reply's to Tunjis post You are a CATHOLIC! And Catholics have similarity to Muslims!! Your daggers are always on standby ready to fight in blind defence of your faith. If you have ever written or seen a cheque you would know that the name of the issuer is always on it unless you tell me Atuche gave cash?? Of 5000 note perhaps? Even at that 35m will still be a bulky give! He who steals and he who receives stolen goods are one and the same!!! Is it because a reverend is involved that fire must consume whoever arrests him? (Since when has Catholics started calling down fire?) Christians should put their reverence on GOD alone and not man or woman.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

How slow is your brain to understand simple explanation? Look nobody has time to know who pay tithe and who did not pay. Tithe is a secret covenant one has with God and it's a spiritual excises so stop twisting it to make it look like the church or Rev whom the man paid the tithes in the church they manage are criminals, because i know too well that is where you are driving to. Mind you catholic church is not like other Pentecostal churches where one man can own and control all the donor and monetary affairs.
sth u diddnt add is dat the tithe mney wnt even be used for the priests personal use..... Jst shun d slowpoke let him kip running his w.c mouth
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by ukotmi: 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
Again, tithe is 10%. Atuche gave a donation. We can debate on the donation but lets get the terms right. Most people posting do not know the difference between tithes and donations.
EFCC plays to the gallery all the time. Last time, they published stories in the dailies of how they are investigating a particular church for money laundering.The so called investigation never saw the light of the day.Let EFCC proceed with the trial of Atuche and spare the details of how much he donated or pays to his lawyers.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by odomanis: 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2012
Before you begin to blame the Priests or churches ask yourself these questions:
1. Does a Bank MD genuingly earn upto =N=450m per annum?
2. Apart from Bank's job,does Bank MDs have other businesses and investments that generate income to them?
3.Is Tithe 10% of your gross income?

From experience and current realities,Bank MDs are highly paid. Both Salaries,allowances,estacodes are very hudge. Because of the high income,they invest heavily in companies of their own,they invest in properties,shares and others which result in further income to them.

With the above explanation,=N=450m is not too much to be the Total Income of a Bank MD in Nigeria especially BankPHB that was one of the highest paying banks. It is even small.This means that =N=45m Tithe is not that much for such personality. So why should it raise query by the Church or Men of GOD? Please I dont blame the Priests.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by akpanbaba: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
By thier posts you shall know the non-tithers in the church.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by omartins(m): 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2012
Does the banker pay the tithe into the priest personal account, Elders account or the church account? The church should be sue not the clergy, in business law any registered institution can sue or be sued. I remember when Pastor Adeboye is celebrating 70yrs he said and I quote ''when you are giving me cheque write Redeem church not Adeboye, if you write my name I'll use it for pounded yam''.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
Nigerians and the their "god" can be very annoying, most times.

These conclusions are universal to this thread, and follow from page 1 until this point:

--The Nigerian god (TNg) can be bribed with falsely acquired wealth.

--TNg purifies ill gotten wealth, just take it to it's synagogue. So, commit that crime today and purify it at any TNg synagogue closest to you!

--Apostles of TNg are like their god; infallible. Don't you ever, in your "unholy" life attempt to taint their names even if their cassock is dripping blood.

--The synagogue of TNg never discriminates, it is looking forward to donations/tithes from Ade Bendel, Farcrook, Ote$, OBL etc.

--The TNg suffers from selective amnesia, so don't blame it when he takes high eye-popping sums from individuals and forgets to ask them the source or their names then-after.

Enough of the coarse sarcasm already! angry
Robbery is robbery, no matter who, how, where and when it is perpetuated or perpetrated.

No prophet of doom, but going by the shades of hypocrisy and impunity being preached on this thread, NIGERIA IS DOOMED!
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by marveouz: 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2012
ilugunboy:

Not really...just 10% of mere N350M. Since according to some here...they know people that pay up to N1b in tithe.

hahahahhaha.....laugh done make me press my best friend girl friend bobby....LMAO!
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by marveouz: 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2012
Leadn:

Who is this big fool?? Do you know that at one point Bill Gates shared his wealth in two and gave half to charity?? we're talking twenty something BILLION DOLLARS... so get yur shit right!

Nigerians are just known for greediness, selfishness, and other top nonsense you can blab about!

The EFCC are a bunch of canker-worms! Do you think if you pay tithe you can collect it again?? They're just ignoramus'!
I won't blame them, Nigeria is a failed state!

The fools planning on arresting ministers of God - Rev Fr, - should be prepared for the wrath of heaven...

Ministers of God.......oooooOOOO.....When its comes to Religion....we always forget that we are all humans. Please lets learn to call a spade a spade and stop closing our mind to the truth and reality. Some people are smiling to the Bank everyday because of the title "Ministers of God".
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by marveouz: 6:34pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ms_Oluchi: Have you heard of something called "cheque". That's another means of payment instead of tithe. Besides, super rich men can afford a tithe of 45 million naira because that's only 10% of their income.

And a banker.....is suppose to be able to afford a tithe of 45 million.....10% of 450 million....without being questioned....Even if it were a cheque....?It was issued by someone. open your mind.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by marveouz: 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
odomanis: Before you begin to blame the Priests or churches ask yourself these questions:
1. Does a Bank MD genuingly earn upto =N=450m per annum?
2. Apart from Bank's job,does Bank MDs have other businesses and investments that generate income to them?
3.Is Tithe 10% of your gross income?

From experience and current realities,Bank MDs are highly paid. Both Salaries,allowances,estacodes are very hudge. Because of the high income,they invest heavily in companies of their own,they invest in properties,shares and others which result in further income to them.

With the above explanation,=N=450m is not too much to be the Total Income of a Bank MD in Nigeria especially BankPHB that was one of the highest paying banks. It is even small.This means that =N=45m Tithe is not that much for such personality. So why should it raise query by the Church or Men of GOD? Please I dont blame the Priests.

hahahahhaha LMAO!.....i can see another fool trying to justify....greediness....open your mind
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Pukkah: 6:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
Lex1: Wouldn't know some ppl are so re.ter.ed... The efcc have no case here, the guy paid the money as tithe to the church not to the pastors directly. Even though the revs knows the person that pay such huge amount as tithe to the church they wouldn't question him cos they know is proffession. The money don go teytey na d man make them old. Church go get falana as ur lawyer make u win case n sue efcc for personility damages. Double money.

You had the effrontery to insult people but, alas, I could not but laugh after reading through your post.

Those who are quick to throw insults at others should be careful because they may be addressing themselves.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by shegzymoni: 6:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

In this case bro no one is saying if any rev or pastor caught in money laundry they should not face the law. Here we are talking about tithe, the man gave tithe to the church how do the church know who pay the biggest tithe? Have you been to churches before and see how tithe is been paid?
no qualms den naa, make †ђξ churches bring bak †ђξ money cos it was stolen
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by aryzgreat: 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
BEFORE I COMMENT, PEOPLE LIKE BOKO HARAM APOLOGIST MACLATUNJI HAVE NO MORALE RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO COMMENT ON ANY XTIAN THREAD AS D ANIMAL CANNOT STOMACH XTIANS COMMENTING ON MUSLIM THREADS. MACLATUNJI U ARE A FOOL TO MAKE A COMMENT HERE.

EFCC can only arrest the priest if the said amount was transfered to the priest's private account nd nt the church's account. Catholic priests dont have access to parish account though they are co-signatories and their transfer to other parishes comes un-announced by the bishop so arresting the priest for being in charge of a parish dat receives a generous donation is an effort in futility by EFCC
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Watermelon(m): 5:51am On Oct 06, 2012
aryzgreat: BEFORE I COMMENT, PEOPLE LIKE BOKO HARAM APOLOGIST MACLATUNJI HAVE NO MORALE RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO COMMENT ON ANY XTIAN THREAD AS D ANIMAL CANNOT STOMACH XTIANS COMMENTING ON MUSLIM THREADS. MACLATUNJI U ARE A FOOL TO MAKE A COMMENT HERE.

EFCC can only arrest the priest if the said amount was transfered to the priest's private account nd nt the church's account. Catholic priests dont have access to parish account though they are co-signatories and their transfer to other parishes comes un-announced by the bishop so arresting the priest for being in charge of a parish dat receives a generous donation is an effort in futility by EFCC
well said, Atuche made a donation for a church building project and not tithe, arresting the priest by EFCC is uncalled for,because the money in question must have been paid into the parish account in which the parish priest is only a co-signatory as u wrote up there, other co-signatories include the parish chairman who is never a priest, and other executive members of the parish pastoral council.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by fortyfeet(m): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2012
NAIRALANDAKPU: why am I not surprised at your aggressive reply's to Tunjis post You are a CATHOLIC! And Catholics have similarity to Muslims!! Your daggers are always on standby ready to fight in blind defence of your faith. If you have ever written or seen a cheque you would know that the name of the issuer is always on it unless you tell me Atuche gave cash?? Of 5000 note perhaps? Even at that 35m will still be a bulky give! He who steals and he who receives stolen goods are one and the same!!! Is it because a reverend is involved that fire must consume whoever arrests him? (Since when has Catholics started calling down fire?) Christians should put their reverence on GOD alone and not man or woman.
Back again? YES. Fully grown? NO. Repackaged? NO.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by jamace(m): 3:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
If this is to happen then all pastors, reverends and imams should be arrested because the top donors in their churches and mosques are politicians and bizmen who have looted from govt coffers.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
unekwubaby:

you are a disgraced to your generation unborn.so you want to tell me you dont know how tithe is been paid in the church?rev father dont even know who paid the tithe.afterall,he said that is 10% of his income then EFCC should ask him and leave man of god alone.
Thank You and Bless you.
However the Catholic Church works a little differently than 1 man church business. When you are calm enough ask and I will explain the difference. Enjoy your weekend
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Horus(m): 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
The bible do not give a pastor imunity from prosecutions. If the pastor accepted looted funds as tithes he is as guilty as the one who offered him this stolen money. You cannot hide behind religion or use your bible to do Money laundering.
Money laundering is the process of concealing the source of money obtained by illicit means.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku And Adesina Visit Zuma In South Africa To Thank Him (photo) / Saraki, Dogara May Dump APC Before 2019 – Hon. Soba / Imo Youths Celebrate Uche Nwosu's 43rd Birthday Under Heavy Downpour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.