Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe (21148 Views)

N45.9bn Fraud: EFCC To Try Tompolo Separately / Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Ex Service Chiefs,Serving & Former Military Leaders / 4 Priests Beaten To Pulp As Enugu Govt Battles Anglican Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by djkaneo(m): 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
rman:

errm...it is 10% of 350 million sir.

sorry boss....I was eating my garri n Afang soup when I multitasked my brain and typed that....but the simple truth is that nowadays, I hear more Billions than Millions.....infact Millions na the new Thousands......If the guy paid 35million outta a total of 350million, then he is still an amateur....still stealing in Millions......mtcheeeeeeeeeew!!!!
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by infolekan(m): 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2012
djkaneo:

a tithe of 35million.....that's 10% of 3.5billion!!! Where does he work....FORT KNOX?

Two extremely unintelligent & subliterate conclusion.
10% of 3.5billion is 350million. angry
Fort knox is an army post & quite different in more ways than one from Silicon valley to which you could have intelligently alluded to. grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Leadn(m): 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2012
maclatunji:

Of course and they don't ask questions about how a single man can afford to give such huge amounts away without stealing or some other form of crime. Even Dangote can't give away N1 billion without putting his business in danger. He can only make such donations to fuel political campaigns to get $1 billion in return.

Who is this big fool?? Do you know that at one point Bill Gates shared his wealth in two and gave half to charity?? we're talking twenty something BILLION DOLLARS... so get yur shit right!

Nigerians are just known for greediness, selfishness, and other top nonsense you can blab about!

The EFCC are a bunch of canker-worms! Do you think if you pay tithe you can collect it again?? They're just ignoramus'!
I won't blame them, Nigeria is a failed state!

The fools planning on arresting ministers of God - Rev Fr, - should be prepared for the wrath of heaven...
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Josh316(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2012
this is NO test case! test case was when a former manager of Sheraton gave N45million to Pastor Chris as his tithe and when he was arrested and confessed, EFCC approached Pastor Chris to return the cash and he BLUNTLY refused! Now the question is...

1. someone comes to a church and makes a donation of N35million over many months, or even in a single swoop and the pastor or priest says, thanks but we cant accept the money... does it sound plausible? The church doesnt know what these individuals do and mind you, the general belief at the time was that they were doing clean business, Atuche being a bank manager, many people, the church and whoever, believed they were LEGITIMATELY STINKING RICH until Sanusi exposed them... The EFCC should not in a bid to seem like they are doing too much work persecute (not prosecute) them for what they did not know. they could simply ask the church to refund the money and then give a warning to all bodies, (churches, mosques, NGOs, and the likes) that they should report any suspicious donations to them (thats if it doesnt violate the principle of freedom to receive donations freely given).

2. many of the people insulting people for their views here and running their ignorance, if they were the ones Atuche donated the said money to, will they swear by Amadioha and Sango that they wouldnt accept the money? I mean, the way some people run their mouths on NL, one would think Ignorance was taught as a course in our Secondary schools and Universities! People should learn to be RATIONAL & TOLERANT

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by mu2sa2: 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Don't be stupiid in church you don't write your name on tithes. Tithes usually come with envelop and go into tithe box. Rev's don't know who and who pay their tithes, when it's time for tithes members who want to pay their tithe will move to the alter and pay tithes they don't hand it over to the priest hand to hand.
So u ar saying Atuche put 35 mllion naira in an envelop and dropped it into tithe box?.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by fire91: 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2012
you bastard hypocrit its now abt a christian you are not warnin or baning any body rather you are leading d pack to display ur ignoranace.i dont mimmd others making thier point but not you.remember d idiot u defend and serve is everything depited in dat cheap comedy acept dat first. quote author=maclatunji]

You are implying that N35 million and N10 million were delivered in cash to the two churches and the clergymen were "blissfully" ignorant of the donor?[/quote]
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
good ,should set a precedent,they should provide the money so depositors should be paid,how r we sure it wasnt a way to launder the money,no man should be above the law,if we want a new nigeria,with oil drying up in forty one years time we should start cleaning up our act
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Leadn(m): 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
manosteel: What have we done to Farouk Lawal, Oteodola? Most times, we channel our energies pursuing showdows and forget about the real thing.

Leave the bunch of fools at the EFCC,,, left the likes of Otedola, Mike Adenuga, Obasanjo, Diezani Alison Madueke and co to chase shadows... stupid move by a failed government!
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2012
Catholic is nt a new generation church and if dt tithe shld be paid,it will be in form of cheque nt cash bt mind u,the clergyman is nt at fault.rÉason being that the tithe won't go directly to his pocket bt it will be remitted into d church's account(headquarter) so if he owns the church and the money ws paid to him in form of cash/cheque,den he has a case to answer cos he shld av questioned the man where he got the money frm.
He is just doing his job and he didn't collect d tithe from d man for his own benefit****i may b wrong thou****

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by djkaneo(m): 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2012
infolekan:

Two extremely unintelligent & subliterate conclusion.
10% of 3.5billion is 350million. angry
Fort knox is an army post & quite different in more ways than one from Silicon valley to which you could have intelligently alluded to. grin

my dear I bet u've never heard of the Fort Knox Bullion Depository( where most Golds blocks in d US of A arr deposited)....such secrets and informations are hidden in devices called BOOKS....surprised?
as for d miscalculation, na wetin e be b dat-miscalculation.....I got B2 in my WASSCE before I branched outta dat discipline to more complex tins if u know what I mean.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 04, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Don't be stupiid in church you don't write your name on tithes. Tithes usually come with envelop and go into tithe box. Rev's don't know who and who pay their tithes, when it's time for tithes members who want to pay their tithe will move to the alter and pay tithes they don't hand it over to the priest hand to hand.
the way some people reason, its so questionable that my grandmother can come back alive. Are u saying 40 million can enter inside envelope? Haha? D people liking ur post are just same shallow thinkers as you. Even if its being paind into the account of the church, those in charge of the church should question the source of the money. Because, the person paying such huge amount will have to register or show proper I'd at the bank. So, no matter what, the church authority know. They know! Thieves in church! Jesus Wept Still!
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2012
efcc should name and shame them,splash their names and faces as recivers of stolen properties.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by nwosas(m): 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
Soyedele1: Catholic is nt a new generation church and if dt tithe shld be paid,it will be in form of cheque nt cash bt mind u,the clergyman is nt at fault.rÉason being that the tithe won't go directly to his pocket bt it will be remitted into d church's account(headquarter) so if he owns the church and the money ws paid to him in form of cash/cheque,den he has a case to answer cos he shld av questioned the man where he got the money frm.
He is just doing his job and he didn't collect d tithe from d man for his own benefit****i may b wrong thou****

YOU ARE VERY CORRECT.....

In-fact the Priest as at the time he paid the money is no longer in the parish.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by odehaj: 10:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
maclatunji:

Of course and they don't ask questions about how a single man can afford to give such huge amounts away without stealing or some other form of crime. Even Dangote can't give away N1 billion without putting his business in danger. He can only make such donations to fuel political campaigns to get $1 billion in return.
What is Dangote to what God can give?Your analysis are shallow,deeply rooted in mockery of Churches&God.watch ur tongue before uor ur child don't wake up tomo.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by odehaj: 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
maclatunji:

What is Dangote to what God can give?Your analysis are shallow,deeply rooted in mockery of Churches.Have you heard of Kenneth&Glory Copland ministry who in 2011 alone gave out 21 aircraft as gift to people?
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Sonnik212(m): 10:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
1025:

you are mentally retarded and ur efcc do not have anything to offer.
nobody asks anybody to go and still to pay tithe but if anyone goes to arrest a rev father over such, the fire of God will burn that one to ashes.
ur a fool...abi d fire go jump down 4rm heaven or u go light am? Religious he goat
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by MsOluchi: 10:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
Have you heard of something called "cheque". That's another means of payment instead of tithe. Besides, super rich men can afford a tithe of 45 million naira because that's only 10% of their income.
maclatunji:

You are implying that N35 million and N10 million were delivered in cash to the two churches and the clergymen were "blissfully" ignorant of the donor?
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by fortyfeet(m): 10:19pm On Oct 04, 2012
maclatunji: What a shame? Can this clergymen truly say in their hearts-of-hearts that they didn't know the money they were collecting as tithe was tainted?
45 Million Naira "tithe" means the person made 450 Million Naira. Very ridiculous!
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by movmentish(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Charlie me like d way u ignorantly defended d priest,I swear no paper mill fit do envelpe that'll conceal 3500000 naira
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by fortyfeet(m): 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
maclatunji:

You are implying that N35 million and N10 million were delivered in cash to the two churches and the clergymen were "blissfully" ignorant of the donor?
That is the more reason why you should doubt the story.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by odehaj: 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
ehie: efcc should name and shame them,splash their names and faces as recivers of stolen properties.
You can as well go and help them. Some of you with poverty mentality&deep hatred for God&His work think you can bring the work of God to mockery.Who told you that tithes goes to pastors pocket?
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by dozern(m): 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
All of u who ar trying to paint the image of catholic church are myopics and illuminatics. Anti-Christ! Thank God u called it tithe. And we all know wat tithe mean. Agents of darkness, God will always vindicate his people through Jesus Christ. Remember, fight Catholic Church when they have nt offend anyone is fighting Jesus himself. Bcus, Christ personally instituted the church.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Sonnik212(m): 10:24pm On Oct 04, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

In this case bro no one is saying if any rev or pastor caught in money laundry they should not face the law. Here we are talking about tithe, the man gave tithe to the church how do the church know who pay the biggest tithe? Have you been to churches before and see how tithe is been paid?
pls keep dat silly opinion 2 uslf...hw can 35mill enter an envelop....but d article tokd about a money order 4rm d former manager...common sense wil tel u a bank money order must have all d details f d payee in dat order...pray whose name was d order wit?religions fools
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by fortyfeet(m): 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
gidiMonsta:

So a reverend father involved in Money laundering should be left alone, just because you don't want to touch a 'Man of God'? No wonder Africa is so backward.

NB: It's 'steal' retard.
I smell "antagonism" here.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by odehaj: 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
ehie: efcc should name and shame them,splash their names and faces as recivers of stolen properties.
If some of you here don't change your ways from hater of GOD to lover of lover of God soonxt poverty will cliff to your household like naaman's liprosy in d Bible.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by nat8an(m): 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Can u put that amount in an envelope?
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 04, 2012
maclatunji: LOL at simplistic thinking from some posters here. They are bent on "defending" their clergymen even when it is obvious they are involved in shady financial transactions.

Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2011

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/law/legal-culture/29072-money-laundering-prohibition-act-2011
your imams nko? Infact Muslims are more corrupt than their Christian counterparts.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Your point is understandable still you failed to realize that big churches like catholic church redeem etc that has a lots number of top men do receive tithes of 1billion naira talk of 45million.
Can you put 35/45 million naira in an envelop and not get noticed?..You mean churches receive tithes of 1 billion naira..hmm CHURCH BUSINESS IS REALLY A GOOD BUSINESS.
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 04, 2012
hisson3: your imams nko? Infact Muslims are more corrupt than their Christian counterparts.
Really? Name any Imam with private jet..You are a little stewpid hypocrite
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Josh316(m): 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
akthedream: Can you put 35/45 million naira in an envelop and not get noticed?..You mean churches receive tithes of 1 billion naira..hmm CHURCH BUSINESS IS REALLY A GOOD BUSINESS.

Yes! In a CHEQUE! or do you think he will drag a ghana must go bag to the priest? kai! undecided
Re: EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 04, 2012
2mch: I am catholic, and i say nice one. As long as Adeboye and co are also arrested, from the Ibru and Akingbola fame.
Can you imagine?Na wah for Christains and Christainity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ahmed Abdulrahaman May Replace Magu As EFCC Chairman / Thugs Invade Party Accreditation Ground In Anambra, Security Men Resist. Photos / Kashamu’s Group Picks Abati, Daniel, As Dep Gov., Senatorial Candidates In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.