Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity (31040 Views)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Is God A Creature Or A Creator?. / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
gbrookes02:

NO

How can salvation depend on believe in a teaching or term not in the Bible? Read John17:3.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2012
- God the Father is GOD
- The SON is GOD but not the Father
- The Holy Spirit is GOD but not the Son or the Father
- These 3 are 1
- But they are not the same
- They are 3 distinct beings yet 1
- but please don't confuse this with ploytheism we believe in ONE GOD
- ONE GOD but 3 beings
- But they are ONE

arrghhhhhhhhh, help meeeee grin grin grin grin
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2012
Please read the attached small book.

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by ijawkid(m): 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2012
frosbel: - God the Father is GOD
- The SON is GOD but not the Father
- The Holy Spirit is GOD but not the Son or the Father
- These 3 are 1
- But they are not the same
- They are 3 distinct beings yet 1
- but please don't confuse this with ploytheism we believe in ONE GOD
- ONE GOD but 3 beings
- But they are ONE

arrghhhhhhhhh, help meeeee grin grin grin grin

It is sickening.....
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
@frosbel...Nither you nor the man in the youtube video that you posted have dealt with The Trinitarian arguements put forth in support of The Trinity. And yes plural pronouns are used in referrance to God Genesis 1:26; 3:22; 11:7; Isa 6:8, so the man in the youtube video is a very, very big liar. For more on the plurality issues concerning God see the article "God is one in unity, but three persons" at: http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-oneness-unity-plural-nouns-pronouns-verbs-adverbs.htm

You still have not dealt with John 1:1, Matthew 28:19. You still have not dealt with the article above to shows historically that long before the Pagan Emperor Constantine, and The Council of Nicea, The Trinity was taught by people who prefess to be Christians, you have ignored all these. And many other things you and others like you have continue to ignore, why should any Trinitarian continue to argue with you all since you all just continue to sound off, and continue to ignore our Trinitarian arguements.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2012
@frosbel, who's Alvin Lamson? And why should we believe him?

Edited.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by joe4christ(m): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2012
Debroslink: Hebrews 1:8... But unto the SON, He saith, Thy throne o God is forever and ever
Titus 2:13... Looking for the blessed hope, and d glorious appearing of the[b] GREAT GOD[/b] and SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST
John 20:28... Thomas saith unto him(Jesus), my LORD and my GOD
John 1:1... And the WORD was GOD
John 1:14... The WORD was made flesh and dwelt among us

Appearance of God in d old testament was actually CHRIST

Remember when d 3 angels visited Abraham, 2 of dem were sent 2 save Lot. D last one was Lord(Christ). Pls read Genesis 19:24... And the[b] LORD[/b](on earth) rained fire and brimstone on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the[b] LORD[/b] out of heaven

God the Father said in Zechariah 13:7... Awake, O sword against[b] my Shepherd(Christ)[/b], Against the Man that is MY FELLOW(Companion)...The father called Christ my FELLOW(MATE)

YES FATHER ND SON RE DIFFERENT, BUT THEY RE UNITED AS ONE. WE WORSHIP GOD, CHRIST IS ALSO WORSHIPPED

CHRIST SHARES ALL ATTRIBUTES OF GOD... THE 1ST AND D LAST... ANCIENT OF DAYS... EVERLASTING...WASN'T CREATED, BUT HE IS D CREATOR OF ALL THINGS VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE COLOSSIANS 3:16

JUST BECAUSE OF HIS HUMILITY, MANY ARE SAYING TRASH...
WAIT TILL U SEE HIM ON THE JUDGEMENT THRONE COS HE WILL JUDGE BOTH D LIVING AND D DEAD.

THE HOLY SPIRIT SHARES THE SAME ATTRIBUTES WITH THEM. IN MY NEXT COMMENT, U WILL KNOW MORE ABOUT HIM.

THEY ARE 3 DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES WHO HAVE AND SHARE THE SAME VISION AND MISSION. YET, THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD

A GREAT MYSTERY THAT IS BEYOND HUMAN COMPREHENSION

God bless you bro, you've indeed nailed it, i only have few more contributions ti make,

frosbel:

GOD is ONE , stop dividing HIM.

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

I only have one question for you all.
Why then do you refer to Jesus as Lord when the scripture clearly stated that there is only one lord God

And what do you have against this part of the scripture out of many other which clearly stated:

[size=15pt]Philipians 2:5-11
5 Your attitude should be the same that christ Jesus had
6 Though he was God, he did not demand and cling to his right as God.
7 He made himself nothing; he took the humble position of a slave and appeared in human form.
8 And in human form he obidiently humbled himself even further by dying a criminal's death on a cross.
9 Because of this, God raised him up to the heights of heaven and gave him a name that is above every other name,
10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow , in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord (PLURAL) to the glory of God the father. [/size]
Or should i still quote Colossians 1:19 or should i ultimately nail it all by quoting thus:
Colossians 2:9 [size=15pt] For in Christ the fullness of God lives in a human body [/size]

what more should i quote there a numerous of them right here before me, but u cannot see cos u've been blinded to this mystery, or need i quote prophet isaiah who prophecied hundreds of years before christ his nature?

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born and unto us a son is given and the government shall be upon his shoulder and his NAME (Singular) shall be called wonderful, councellor, the mighty God (Plural), the everlasting father, the prince of peace.

or should i still maybe shock u a bit incase u forgot the 'popular verse u've always memorized as a child in sunday school back in those days'
[size=15pt]mathew 1:23[/size] Look! The virgin will conceive a child!
She will give birth to a son,
and he will be called EMMANUEL (Meaning God is with us)

But if after reading all this you still do not believe Jesus is God which he undeniably is, then i can only advice you to atleast hold on to the believe that he is the son of God, but the truth remains that there is a level you will never go with him without knowing who he really is.
God bless you.
Joe4christ!!!

1 Like

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2012
[quote author=joe4christ]

[size=15pt]Philipians 2:5-11
5 Your attitude should be the same that christ Jesus had
6 Though he was God, he did not demand and cling to his right as God.
7 He made himself nothing; he took the humble position of a slave and appeared in human form.
8 And in human form he obidiently humbled himself even further by dying a criminal's death on a cross.
9 Because of this, God raised him up to the heights of heaven and gave him a name that is above every other name,
10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow , in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord (PLURAL) to the glory of God the father. [/size]

v6 is bogus and only mentioned in your NLT translation.

Here is how all the other bibles render v6 including the favourite for Trinitarians KJV version :

New International Version (©1984)
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

English Standard Version (©2001)
who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

International Standard Version (©2008)
In God's own form existed he, and shared with God equality, deemed nothing needed grasping.

If you look at the statement, it says 'in the nature of ' or ' the form of GOD '. It never once defines JESUS as GOD. btw we are still on v6.

If Jesus was GOD then there will be no need to use words such as 'form of ' or ' in the nature of '.

For example , as Christians we are told to escape the corruption in the world through lust by our sharing in the divine nature of GOD. This does not mean we are GOD , but we have the divine nature of GOD in us through his holy spirit.

Remember Jesus was born of the Spirit, was anointed by the Spirit and raised from the dead by the same Spirit. Jesus Christ shared in his Father's Spirit and therefore was divine.

As the Son of GOD he was not arrogant and full of himself like Lucifer.

On the contrary he emptied himself of all self and took on the form of a servant to his father, to perform all that the father wanted him to perform , and to do this until death , irrespective of the consequences, situations and risks involved.

In other words he laid down his very life for you and for me at the directive of almighty Father in total obedience to him.

Because of this great feat , we see the Father in v9 and v11 of the same chapter exalting his SON .

Let's look at these verses again :

9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

- God has highly exalted him : God cannot exalt himself , he is already exalted.
- ...to the Glory of the Father : God cannot take on the form of a servant for the glory of GOD. But the Son can , which is what he did.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
Or should i still quote Colossians 1:19 or should i ultimately nail it all by quoting thus:
Colossians 2:9 [size=15pt] For in Christ the fullness of God lives in a human body [/size]

Col 1:19 - For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,

'pleased do dwell in '. God was pleased to fully dwell in his Son without measure because of his perfect obedience.

You cannot have GOD dwelling in GOD.

Colossians 2:9- For in him the whole fulness of deity dwells bodily

as above, GOD cannot dwell in GOD because he is GOD. Rather we see that GOD dwells in his SON fully through the Spirit.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born and unto us a son is given and the government shall be upon his shoulder and his NAME (Singular) shall be called wonderful, councellor, the mighty God (Plural), the everlasting father, the prince of peace.

Isaiah states that he "shall be called" (i.e., in the Kingdom Age, vs. 7), not that he is now "The mighty God, The everlasting Father." Although the work of this kingdom is executed by Christ, it is the zeal of the LORD {Yahweh} of hosts {which} will perform this." (Isa. 9:7). As Christ said: "I can of mine own self do nothing". (John 5:30).

"Mighty God" - Jesus Christ will be the "mighty God" in the Kingdom Age when he comes with the power and glory of his Father. (Matt. 16:27). Christ is altogether worthy of this title. Of an angel, it is written, "my name is in him",1 (Exod. 23:21). But the Son of God has obtained a more excellent name than the angels (Heb. 1:4, R.S.V.) and is, therefore, worthy to bear the divine titles. But this does not imply he is "Very God" any more than it did for the angel who bore the divine name before the children of Israel.

"Everlasting2 Father" - Christ in his reign as King will bear the title, "everlasting Father" for at least the following two reasons:

He will be a father to the mortal nations in the Kingdom Age. Isaiah prophesied, "he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah . . . and they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father's house." (Isa. 22:21-24). Like the relationship between a father and son, Christ will exercise justice, wisdom, might, and knowledge (Isa. 11) toward the mortal population. Father-like characteristics are illustrated in the letters of the Apostle Paul: "I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers . . ." (1 Cor. 4:14, 15); "As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children." (1 Thess. 2:11).

Although believers are usually referred to as "brethren" (e.g., 1 Thess. 2:14; Heb. 2:11) it is not inappropriate to term them "children". For example: "I and the children which God hath given me." (Heb. 2:13 cf. Isa. 8:17, 18). Christ is the father of these children since he is the means whereby they are born anew. (John 3:3, 7).3 This is the seed which Christ shall see and be satisfied. (Isa. 53:10, 11 cf. Psa. 45:16 - The Messianic character of this Psalm is indicated by vs. 6 and Heb. 1:8, 9 where it is quoted in a context referring to Christ.)

1 Cor. 15:22-28 is a commentary on Isa. 9:6. The Father gives the Son delegated authority and power for a limited duration of time. "For he {God} hath put all things under his {Jesus'} feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him {God} that put all things under him {Jesus}, that God may be all in all." (vs. 27, 28). Since the Son is to be subject unto the Father, then he is clearly not "co-equal" with the Father, and by implication not a person within the Godhead.

This passage in Hebrew tradition is merely making the point that the Messiah will be named after God, like many Jews were, including Isaiah. Moreover, the set of titles are not trinitarian: e.g., Jesus is not "the Father" according to traditional thinking. "Mighty God" is also in the Hebrew El Gibbor, gibbor being applied to human beings as "hero" in the OT.

Source
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2012
joe4christ:

[size=15pt]mathew 1:23[/size] Look! The virgin will conceive a child!
She will give birth to a son,
and he will be called EMMANUEL (Meaning God is with us)

But if after reading all this you still do not believe Jesus is God which he undeniably is, then i can only advice you to atleast hold on to the believe that he is the son of God, but the truth remains that there is a level you will never go with him without knowing who he really is.
God bless you.
Joe4christ!!!

'GOD with us ' does not mean that the Son that was BORN is GOD.

The Son is a revelation of GOD, hence this statement.

Now that I have taken the time to respond , can you show us :

1. from the OT to the NT where TRINITY is taught as a central tenet of the Christian faith
2. where the bible says we MUST believe in JESUS as GOD before we are saved
3. where GOD says he is 3 , I don't want word games with terms such as 'us' , I want definite numbers
4. where JESUS says he is GOD
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 6:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
@frosbel...Explain to us all, how can Jesus in Philipians 2:6 "being in very nature God", "though he was in the form of God", "although He existed in the form of God", "being in the form of God", "In God's own form existed he", and not be God? Please to explain that to us all.

Christians are said in 2 Peter 1:4 to "...participate (or share) in the divine nature..." which is explained in Hebrews 12:10 as "That we might be partakers of his holiness." Means that in our union with Christ we resemble God's holy character in our salvation in Jesus Christ. But Christians are not "being in very nature God", "though he was in the form of God", "although He existed in the form of God", "being in the form of God", "In God's own form existed he" such is not said of Christians only of Jesus. There is a differance here one is talking of the Christians' salvation in Jesus Christ that makes them reflect God's holiness in their character, in their justification and sanctification in Jesus' blood. The other is talking about the very nature of Jesus Christ to tell us that He is God Himself. Philipians 2:6 is saying like Hebrews 1:3 (English Standard Version (©2001)) "He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high". "...the exact imprint of his nature..." means that He (Jesus) is God Himself.

Also see Titus 2:13 (New International Version) "while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ", and 2 Peter 1:1 (New International Version) " Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours". In greek there is a grammatical rule call the Granville Sharp's Rule which when properly applied to Titus 2:13 and 2 Peter 1:1 have it correctly translate as "...our God and Savior Jesus Christ..." for more on the Greek's language Granville Sharp's Rule see the article at: http://vintage.aomin.org/GRANVILL.html
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Boomark(m): 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2012
Na wa o for that Antenna creed.
Anybody that wants to be save should above all throw away the catholic faith. Including their chaplet abi rosary plus any image you look unto while praying. Don't be scared to come to God through our lord Jesus Christ. He wunt be angry with you.

I still wonder what "the God of our Lord Jesus" means to trinity if the 3 are equal and One God. Does it mean that the Father can be God to one of the God and still be His equal?

Pls Ubedintus, answer the question i left 4 u at the other thread.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by passion007: 6:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Sorry bro....then u must believe in another trinity........

How can 1 God be 3 different persons.??

Did u hear yourself?? You still came back to the 3 persons again.......

Please read deuteronomy 6:4 and throw away that false thought of God dividing himself into 3 persons......

the problem is that you are attempting to understand the Godhead with your simple, one-way mind. I really do not think Jesus would be mad that you accord him the highest praise(latria)--or mistake him for God when he's only the Servant or the Son. Ideological differences have been the reason behind the persistent splitting of the Christian church. But what bearing do these ideologies have to your eternal salvation? Little or nothing. For me, the Catholic church is still the only surviving Church that reminds me there ever was a Christ--and gives me a roadmap to follow Him even in my colorless, workaday life.

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 6:45pm On Oct 09, 2012
@TroGunn...It says "The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you" if something can't contain a person or thing what those that means? When the bible say God dwells in Heaven that is just figurative language because "The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you". Likewise God was said to dwell in Jerusalem, and so on, 1 Chronicles 23:25, see also Zechariah 8:3; Zechariah 2:10; Exodus 29:45; 2 Chronicles 6:1; John 14:23, this dwelling of God is likewise just figurative language, its all the same figure of speech about God dwelling in Heaven, on earth, or in the Christian.

@frosbel...You like the other anti-Trinitarians have not being able at all to answer the Trinitarian arguments put forward to you all. So what is the use arguing with you all, you all can't cut it at all, you all are too lame. To deny The Son is to deny The Father, 1 John 2:22-23. Denying the Deity of the Son of God is to Deny the Scripture: http://www.letusreason.org/Trin21.htm

1 Like

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2012
@ijawkid, and the other Anti-Trinitarians...The bible say Adam and Eve were one flesh yet at the sametime they were two persons, they were two and one at the same time. A school is made up of many persons yet it is one school, same with a family, a country, and so on. So why can't God be One God, and at the sametime be shared by three persons? Why?

1 Like

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Mintayo(m): 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2012
We don't need to argue about this!
And this can not be explained by human reasoning at all,it requires deep revelation from God by the Help of the Holy Spirit; but let me quickly say this
that God is one!

Just as in the sun,there are both heat and light,but light is not heat and vice-versa,but both are one,though they have different forms in their MANIFESTATION, SO Jesus and the Holy Spirit proceed 4m the Father bringing light and heat to the world,yet they are not three but one,jus as the sun is but one!

1 Like

Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by PastorKun(m): 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2012
gbrookes02: @ijawkid, and the other Anti-Trinitarians...The bible say Adam and Eve were one flesh yet at the sametime they were two persons, they were two and one at the same time. A school is made up of many persons yet it is one school, same with a family, a country, and so on. So why can't God be One God, and at the sametime be shared by three persons? Why?

@bolded
Because the bible doesn't say so and it contradict's the bible's position on the personality of God.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by gbrookes02: 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2012
Pastor Kun:

@bolded
Because the bible doesn't say so and it contradict's the bible's position on the personality of God.

Why does it contradict's the bible's position on the personality of God

And how do you answer all of my Trinitarian arguments in all my other posts above if I am wrong (if the bible doesn't say so as you have said).
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by ektbear: 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2012
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I rebuke this confusionist thread grin
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by ijawkid(m): 7:59pm On Oct 09, 2012
gbrookes02: @ijawkid, and the other Anti-Trinitarians...The bible say Adam and Eve were one flesh yet at the sametime they were two persons, they were two and one at the same time. A school is made up of many persons yet it is one school, same with a family, a country, and so on. So why can't God be One God, and at the sametime be shared by three persons? Why?

Oh!!!!!!!

You just brought an analogy that might put u in trouble......

Adam and eve 1 flesh but yet 2 different persons......right??

How does that explain your trinity stance....??

Can u tell me??.....
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by bukatyne(f): 8:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
ekt_bear:

That is the way I understand it too.

They are all aspects of one being. Anyway, for me it isn't the Jesus or the Father stuff that concerns me....that mostly makes sense to me. If me and my dad started a corporation, I might end up being the public face of the company, while he works on more behinds the scenes stuff.

It is this Holy Ghost who makes me feel kind of weird...I don't really understand him.
read John chapters 14 - 16. take care
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2012
Some food for thought for trinitarians :

Acts 2:22 - Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved by God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which GOD DID BY HIM.

1 Corinthians 11:3 - Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians 3:23 and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.

Lk.7:16.Matt.15:31 - The people glorified God, saying that a great prophet is risen amongst us; and that God has visited His people

Jn.12:44-45 - He that believes on me, believes not on me, but on Him who sent me. And he who sees me sees Him who sent me.

Jn.15:24 - If I had not done among them THE WORKS which no other man did, they would be without sin; but now have they both SEEN and hated both me and my Father

Jn.5:43. - I am come in my Father's name
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2012
Boomark: Na wa o for that Antenna creed.
Anybody that wants to be save should above all throw away the catholic faith. Including their chaplet abi rosary plus any image you look unto while praying. Don't be scared to come to God through our lord Jesus Christ. He wunt be angry with you.

I still wonder what "the God of our Lord Jesus" means to trinity if the 3 are equal and One God. Does it mean that the Father can be God to one of the God and still be His equal?

Pls Ubedintus, answer the question i left 4 u at the other thread.

The catholic faith is a stumbling block to the salvation of millions, soon though , God will put an end to this wicked demon infested institution.

For those that escape the Mary trap , they present to them the Trinity, and for those who escape both, they present the threats of everlasting torment and excommunication.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 09, 2012
gbrookes02: @ijawkid...Adam and Eve was one flesh shared by two persons. The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit are one God shared by Three persons, so what is the problem here?

Adam and Eve were not one physical flesh , duh !!!

They both had different names, so they were not together called Adam or Eve. Oneness in the same sense as the church and Christ. Read Ephesians 5 :28-33

28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[c] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church.

Secondly , there was the possibility of separation after death or divorce and both had their own personalities , different sex and roles.

To compare this to the trinity is madness on steroids.
Re: Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity by bukatyne(f): 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2012
tete7000: Go into the world baptising them in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit. Note the use of conjunction and qualifier the in the above scriptural passage. The entities are distinct

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

"You Can’t Force Islamic Studies On Our Children" - PFN, Bishop Oyedepo Warn / Pope Francis Makes First Visit To The Arabian Peninsula / Apostle Kingrich Reveals Danger In Olamide's Music Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.