Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (958136 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 5:43am On Dec 16, 2015
Hello everyone, please I need detailed explanation of this finland application. I would appreciate if someone should list them for me, like the first step followed by second, third and the rest. Please I don't have much time on my side, those crew of read from the beginning should save me some time also.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:40am On Dec 16, 2015
frankie2K:
Thanks buddy, you have been encouraging,please as a source of encouragement,what was your score after using the PTE materials in their website to practice?

I scored 73
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by holythug(m): 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
I sent my transcript through my school via proxy......even before paying for the application fee, here's the question: DO I NEED TO ALSO PUT MY APPLICATION NUMBER ON MY TRANSCRIPT, SINCE THE SCHOOL IS EXPECTED TO SEND IT!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 3:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
mavinc4u:
Hello everyone, please I need detailed explanation of this finland application. I would appreciate if someone should list them for me, like the first step followed by second, third and the rest. Please I don't have much time on my side, those crew of read from the beginning should save me some time also.

1. Check www.studyinginfinland.fi for schools and programs.
2.Register and sit for an English language proficiency test ....IELTS, PTE or TOEFL....since you don't have time on your side, I will advise you sit for PTE Academic.
3.Process your transcript and get your university to send to UAF or the university depending on the school as stated in the program website.
4. Put together your application and send to the school before the deadline.

NB: This is for MSc aspirants. Also you need to take out sometime to read the thread from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
My brother dis ur question is coming a bit late, if d opposite is d answer would u retrieve d sent transcript? lol. Nevadless, if u go thru d app form, it is clearly stated dat ALL enclosures shld carry d application number. on the other hand, if u read thru their FAQs, it says one can ask onez school to send onez transcript even before d commencement of application it will be stored for u pending when d application arrives.(Very contradicting). I would v preferred you ask ur school to put d number bt nothing can b done again.

holythug:
I sent my transcript through my school via proxy......even before paying for the application fee, here's the question: DO I NEED TO ALSO PUT MY APPLICATION NUMBER ON MY TRANSCRIPT, SINCE THE SCHOOL IS EXPECTED TO SEND IT!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 6:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
olabode89:

2.Register and sit for an English language proficiency test ....IELTS, PTE or TOEFL....since you don't have time on your side, I will advise you sit for PTE Academic.
3.Process your transcript and get your university to send to UAF or the university depending on the school as stated in the program website.

NB: This is for MSc aspirants. Also you need to take out sometime to read the thread from the beginning.

Thanks a lot. I know is masters. How much is it to write IELTS , TOEFL And PTE. Where does payment of the application forms comes in.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mavinc4u(f): 6:30pm On Dec 16, 2015
Growingboi:
My brother dis ur question is coming a bit late, if d opposite is d answer would u retrieve d sent transcript? lol. Nevadless, if u go thru d app form, it is clearly stated dat ALL enclosures shld carry d application number. on the other hand, if u read thru their FAQs, it says one can ask onez school to send onez transcript even before d commencement of application it will be stored for u pending when d application arrives.(Very contradicting). I would v preferred you ask ur school to put d number bt nothing can b done again.

Should it be written on the envelope or the application number should be typed on the transcript
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 6:41pm On Dec 16, 2015
on d envelop.

mavinc4u:

Should it be written on the envelope or the application number should be typed on the transcript
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 1:36am On Dec 17, 2015
UAF has a way of linking ur transcript with your application. You don't need to bother yourself about it. Moreover, your language test result does not have not application number written on it. They will link it with your other documents once you send them. Just ensure your other application documents has your application number hand written on them clearly.
holythug:

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 1:42am On Dec 17, 2015
Please don't waste your time and money sending another transcript. UAF will link it to your application as they do with the language test. My sch did not write application no on my transcripts last year n UAF informed me that they have received it and will use my surname to link the transcript with my other documents once they arrive. DON'T WASTE MONEY SENDING ANOTHER ONE PLS.
mavinc4u:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 17, 2015
mavinc4u:

It should be written On the envilope please. Mo mistake o
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 9:57am On Dec 17, 2015
Good day fellow nlers, i appreciate ur guidance n suggestions, my sch alredi sent my transcript , all d four envelopes had d sch name inscribed on it with particular application number peculiar to each envelope, overall bigger envelope was addressed to UAF. Oda notarised docs wud be sent by me tru DHL next week. I op im still on track.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
On point bro. Welldone
PHRANTAD:
Good day fellow nlers, i appreciate ur guidance n suggestions, my sch alredi sent my transcript , all d four envelopes had d sch name inscribed on it with particular application number peculiar to each envelope, overall bigger envelope was addressed to UAF. Oda notarised docs wud be sent by me tru DHL next week. I op im still on track.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Adenrele94(f): 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
Inufele1:
A bit of sad news here, The Tuition Fee has now been officially imposed on non-EU students willing to study in Finland starting from 2017, the Finnish parliament took the decision on Tuesday.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/foreign_students_face_tuition_fees_in_finland/8530330

so guys make sure you submit a perfect application because the bonanza is now over, the least Tuition any student will be paying is EURO 1,500. So better luck guys.

wish you all success in your applications.

hello...can u pls send ur email to me.will appreciate it.thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by holythug(m): 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
Growingboi:

u scared me a bit, undecided thanks anyway
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
Bosses in the house, pls are we suppose to certified and include WAEC Certificate too??

Also, should the Application number be indicated on the transcript??

olabode89:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2015
SnazzyBaba:
Bosses in the house, pls are we suppose to certified and include WAEC Certificate too??

For Msc. Applications you can include notarized Waec certificate but I think it is not compulsory...check the program requirements.

The application number should be included on the envelop containing the transcript. UAF can also sort the transcript with the name.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2015
plz hw much is d application fee in naira. sm1 respond ASAP
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by GeneXY: 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dude convert it with the exchange rate. I think 1euro is around 265naira or there about.
GeneXY:
Dude convert it with the exchange rate. I think 1euro is around 265naira or there about.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 7:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
Wow!!!!, So I can make too,Congrats
olabode89:

I scored 73
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 10:48am On Dec 20, 2015
GeneXY:
Hi everyone. The Finnish government today passed into law that from 2017, tuition fee of 1500 euros will be collected for all degree programmes from students from non EU countries.
Please if you have the opportunity to apply for this application period, please maximize this opportunity. Feel free to drop your questions here and my bosses with me here will assist. Please note that the application has started for university of tampere. Am available to assist as regards any enquires if you intend coming to university of tampere. Thanks guys

Good day,

Please I applied for Master's Degree Programme in Software Development, University of Tampere.
Unfortunately for me, I realized that I made a mistake in my application form when I was applying. Since I cannot edit the application, I want to know if it's possible to submit another application for the same programme, thereby making my previous application void, considering the fact that I've not mailed the required document enclosures with the current application form.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 11:41am On Dec 20, 2015
Nothing can be done Except you wanna pay another application fee with different email address cox if u sign in with d previous email n u click on same programme, it will refer u to where u stopped before. i will advise you write a back up letter indicating ur mistakes n the corrections. submit with d app form.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 1:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
Growingboi:
Nothing can be done Except you wanna pay another application fee with different email address cox if u sign in with d previous email n u click on same programme, it will refer u to where u stopped before. i will advise you write a back up letter indicating ur mistakes n the corrections. submit with d app form.

Thanks. Will do that.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by shayhune: 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
Another question

I want to mail my documents this week and I need to know if I'm to staple the application form which is 7-10 pages together.
Note: I mean just the application form, not the documents/required enclosures.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
there is no instruction or guide on how it shld b stapled or whether or not it shld b stapled but what i did was to staple d application form together n other attachments together before putting dem in d envelop.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 9:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
Hi everyone, is anyone else experiencing dificulty making the payment?? If not which card are you using??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temite: 1:49am On Dec 21, 2015
SnazzyBaba:

Pease help:

Is applying to the applied science courses still valid that one need to travel for the entrance exam(bachelor level ) in finnland or do they have somewhere in Nigeria for the exam? is it still advisable to push for an applied science university in finnland?

Another thing is I was in a commercial class while in Secondary school,and i would like to study in a university using english language,are there places that can be recommended? ( study type ; business management or international relations or any course that a commercial student can do.) if there are links i will read up on them smiley

Also, is it only in applied science schools they have courses in English or are there other universities where one can study bachelor in English?

About my waec certificate i got a lower grade in economics and i would like to study business administration, does this count to my chance of getting a course in this line?

Thanks alot for your reply in advance
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temite: 1:55am On Dec 21, 2015
Pease help:

Is applying to the applied science courses still valid that one need to travel for the entrance exam(bachelor level ) in finnland or do they have somewhere in Nigeria for the exam? is it still advisable to push for an applied science university in finnland?

Another thing is I was in a commercial class while in Secondary school,and i would like to study in a university using english language,are there places that can be recommended? ( study type ; business management or international relations or any course that a commercial student can do.) if there are links i will read up on them smiley

Also, is it only in applied science schools they have courses in English or are there other universities where one can study bachelor in English?

About my waec certificate i got a lower grade in economics and i would like to study business administration, does this count to my chance of getting a course in this line?

Thanks alot for your reply in advance
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dhesparks: 2:20am On Dec 21, 2015
Hi guys, i need a link to where i can begin my application that is payment and filling of the form. All application docs are set just to commence the online app. The studyinfo site doesnt seem clear to me. Need help
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temite: 2:29am On Dec 21, 2015
Please is there any thread i can read about applying for bachelors degree in Finnland? i have been reading through this whole post and it is mostly for Master students please help your Sister get a chance to study her Bachelors abroad smiley smiley smiley

I was in commercial class while in Secondary school.

Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 7:05am On Dec 21, 2015
temite:
Please is there any thread i can read about applying for bachelors degree in Finnland? i have been reading through this whole post and it is mostly for Master students please help your Sister get a chance to study her Bachelors abroad smiley smiley smiley

I was in commercial class while in Secondary school.

Thanks

There is thread for undergraduate study, you would get all the info you need there. Just look above this thread you would see the thread there.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 7:10am On Dec 21, 2015
dhesparks:
Hi guys, i need a link to where i can begin my application that is payment and filling of the form. All application docs are set just to commence the online app. The studyinfo site doesnt seem clear to me. Need help
Its simple, just goto www.studyinfo.fi, then type your intended course of study and you would see Universities that offers the course and their application window, you then click on it click on fill in application, at that point ur email would be requested, make sure its a valid and working email address, cus ur login link would be sent there. Once u do dt , u wud b gud to go.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.