Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (953855 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
count sparrow: Please house, to those who have written PTE, can I just write it without a study material, or do I need to get a study material... Ur responses are highly appreciated...

You can't just go for an exam without preparations o.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 4:15am On Jul 07, 2014
adebasket97: Make I no quote long texts...
@jeff the exam was cool o....got 7.0 overall.
I don't think they repeat questions.
I read the book for two weeks and I practice the writing part using online helps.

I did the exam early cos I thought I won't be able to make it o...lol....na money money dy my brain...lolz.
wao!!!congrats baba!pls do u choose uaf as d reciever of d test result while fillin d form on line cos all d schools am applyin 2 are under uaf..... And again, is d exam done at d british council?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 6:50am On Jul 07, 2014
billydragon: wao!!!congrats baba!pls do u choose uaf as d reciever of d test result while fillin d form on line cos all d schools am applyin 2 are under uaf..... And again, is d exam done at d british council?

@Billydragon lemme help Ade answer your question. I dont think it was advisable to include the address of the receiving institution i.e if you are writing between now and September.

Reason is cos admission starts in mid-December and the possibility of them keeping your result till them is.....(its not like they will fling it or something but remember you dont have an admission number yet so to say)

The best thing would have been to leave it blank and fill a TRF closer to the date of admission and submit to British Council asking them to send it to UAF.

As regards the venue of the exam, dont know if the Thompson avenue is their office address but I'l be going to British Council today. i'l update you when I find out every.
All d best.

When are you writing?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 10:28am On Jul 07, 2014
@whyna,tank u so much!abt d trf, will I request d form after d exam or I will fill it together wit d online registration? Will b writing d exam by next month..looking foreward to ur update..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 11:13am On Jul 07, 2014
Just left British Council now. They said if the institution you are applying to is registered with them, then they get free automatic results. However, if you want them to mail a copy to the school via ordinary post, its 2k. Courier services ranges from 7500 to 11k I tink.

The TRF will be filled when you are ready to send the result to your school but bear in mind that if you are sending via ordinary post, you should allow enough time so that it doesnt get there after the deadline. Dnont know how long it takes but you can send them a mail to confirm.

I'm also writing next month and yes their office is a test centre. People were writing exam today sef
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olami101: 11:41am On Jul 07, 2014
hello wonderful people in d house,pls i need more info n d website where i can apply for dis form,am kind of new in d house bt d joy of it is dt i hav more than able people who can put me thru....thanks for ur response.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 11:53am On Jul 07, 2014
billydragon: wao!!!congrats baba!pls do u choose uaf as d reciever of d test result while fillin d form on line cos all d schools am applyin 2 are under uaf..... And again, is d exam done at d british council?

Thanks bro..whyna don answer all the questions o...I don already fill sha.but will fill trf by october/November.

@whyna seems uaf accepts electronic copy that can be verified online and that costs 2k.....and I think it should take minutes nah, since its in electronic formr is it better to use other options?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 11:54am On Jul 07, 2014
olami101: hello wonderful people in d house,pls i need more info n d website where i can apply for dis form,am kind of new in d house bt d joy of it is dt i hav more than able people who can put me thru....thanks for ur response.

Welcome on board, which form bro. English test?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
From UAF site

When requesting the IELTS test centre to
forward your language test results to us,
please write down University Admissions
Finland as the receiver of the test result.
We accept electronic test scores only
when they are made available to us online
by the test organiser
. Please note that trf-
links sent by e-mail will not be accepted.
Paper copies of IELTS score slips are
accepted from both the test organiser and
the applicant.
They do not need to be
attested as we will always verify the test
results with the test organiser. Please note
that score slips sent to us as e-mail
attachments will not be accepted.

@bolded, is it not better to just use the electonic means rather than ordinary post that will take long time.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
adebasket97: Thanks bro..whyna don answer all the questions o...I don already fill sha.but will fill trf by october/November.@whyna seems uaf accepts electronic copy that can be verified online and that costs 2k.....and I think it should take minutes nah, since its in electronic formr is it better to use other options?

@Adebasket yea its better. Although B.C said if the school is registered with them, then they get free copies. Ordinary post is also 2k

And yes UAF is registered with them. Check http://bandscore.ielts.org/search.aspx
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
@adebasket97 and whyna, u guys are d best!u jus made my day wit all dis info!tanx a lot guys....

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cvesta(m): 4:06am On Jul 08, 2014
Which exam must i write n hw much is required of me if i wish 2study for a masters programme in finland?? How easy is getting part time work? Wat are d chances of gettin residence permit after expiriation of my programme?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 7:53am On Jul 08, 2014
Cvesta: Which exam must i write n hw much is required of me if i wish 2study for a masters programme in finland?? How easy is getting part time work? Wat are d chances of gettin residence permit after expiriation of my programme?

Emm oga Cvesta U no dey greet? cheesy Anyways, let me answer the one I'm very sure of and leave the rest for the ogas at the top (might take a while for dem to come here but U can devote 30 mins to reading from page 0 cheesy I'm sure U will find all d answers)

What exam must I write.........TOEFL or IELTS.

How muxh is required of me if I wish to study in Finland......
Rough estimate.....
International passport (if you dont already own one)......between 9k to 18k

IELTS exam (dnt know bot TOEFL).......my brother keep 39k or 40 sef

Transcript money......depends on your school. My f**king school is collecting 35k from me.

If you succeed in getting admission, you will need to have insurance and that like 30k

You will also need to have at least 1.5mill in your account. I pray it doesnt increase.

For the part time work and residence permit tins, cnt really remember what the gurus said but I tink its possible.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by zeb04(f): 7:19am On Jul 09, 2014
Hello whyna....you mean you have to pay 30k to write IELTS exams nd who is the money paid too. I am a big novice so pardon me if my qstn dosnt sound right.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 7:28am On Jul 09, 2014
zeb04: Hello whyna....you mean you have to pay 30k to write IELTS exams nd who is the money paid too. I am a big novice so pardon me if my qstn dosnt sound right.

30k ke? I said 38 to 40k o. Let me break it down for you dear. ....

They said if you pay online, its 35k. Dont waste your time cos it wudnt go through. Believe me, I tried and tried and got annoyed.

The other option is to pay 38k via bank draft. Let me break it down for you.
You go to the bank and ask them to make a bank draft in favour of British Council for 38k.

The bank charges you 525 naira i.e if you have an account with them. If you go to bank you dnt have an account with, it 625.

When you get the bank draft, you have to submit it to the British Council in five working days. Thats all.

So 38,000 500 your trans both to the bank and to British Council office......39 to 40k

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by zeb04(f): 9:24am On Jul 09, 2014
WhyNa:

30k ke? I said 38 to 40k o. Let me break it down for you dear. ....

They said if you pay online, its 35k. Dont waste your time cos it wudnt go through. Believe me, I tried and tried and got annoyed.

The other option is to pay 38k via bank draft. Let me break it down for you.
You go to the bank and ask them to make a bank draft in favour of British Council for 38k.

The bank charges you 525 naira i.e if you have an account with them. If you go to bank you dnt have an account with, it 625.

When you get the bank draft, you have to submit it to the British Council in five working days. Thats all.

So 38,000 500 your trans both to the bank and to British Council office......39 to 40k
thanks so much for the detailed reply but are there schools that do not require these exams?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 10:00am On Jul 09, 2014
zeb04: thanks so much for the detailed reply but are there schools that do not require these exams?

I doubt it. In other countries maybe
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
@whyna good work sis.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 8:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
[quote author=adebasket97@whyna good work sis. [/quote]

You guys helped me. The least I can do is help pple
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 8:15pm On Jul 09, 2014
Cvesta: Which exam must i write n hw much is required of me if i wish 2study for a masters programme in finland?? How easy is getting part time work? Wat are d chances of gettin residence permit after expiriation of my programme?

As for part time jobs, it depends on the city you are. Like in Nigeria, you can easily get a part time work in Lagos than in other cities.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by zacchtoy(m): 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
Thanks all for all the info and answering my question, I have a course and school n mind already(Lapeeeran Univ. Of Tech.) and have checked when the admission will start, just as @whyna said, it will be around december 2014 for 2015 admission. Still following all ya thread for more info, thanks. Am new in the forum anyway.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
zacchtoy: Thanks all for all the info and answering my question, I have a course and school n mind already(Lapeeeran Univ. Of Tech.) and have checked when the admission will start, just as @whyna said, it will be around december 2014 for 2015 admission. Still following all ya thread for more info, thanks. Am new in the forum anyway.

Welcome newbie. You better learn fast so that you can take over grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cvesta(m): 7:09am On Jul 11, 2014
WhyNa:

Emm oga Cvesta U no dey greet? cheesy Anyways, let me answer the one I'm very sure of and leave the rest for the ogas at the top (might take a while for dem to come here but U can devote 30 mins to reading from page 0 cheesy I'm sure U will find all d answers)

What exam must I write.........TOEFL or IELTS.

How muxh is required of me if I wish to study in Finland......
Rough estimate.....
International passport (if you dont already own one)......between 9k to 18k

IELTS exam (dnt know bot TOEFL).......my brother keep 39k or 40 sef

Transcript money......depends on your school. My f**king school is collecting 35k from me.

If you succeed in getting admission, you will need to have insurance and that like 30k

You will also need to have at least 1.5mill in your account. I pray it doesnt increase.

For the part time work and residence permit tins, cnt really remember what the gurus said but I tink its possible.
my Oga no vex jare...i greet thee..tanks 4d info..thumbs up,but is d insurance gona b done down here or over there?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cvesta(m): 7:12am On Jul 11, 2014
Oga Whyna no vex jare...i greet thee..tanks 4d info..thumbs up,but is d insurance gona b done down here or over there?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 7:26am On Jul 11, 2014
Cvesta: Oga Whyna no vex jare...i greet thee..tanks 4d info..thumbs up,but is d insurance gona b done down here or over there?

Here.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jeffoe(m): 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
zacchtoy: Thanks all for all the info and answering my question, I have a course and school n mind already(Lapeeeran Univ. Of Tech.) and have checked when the admission will start, just as @whyna said, it will be around december 2014 for 2015 admission. Still following all ya thread for more info, thanks. Am new in the forum anyway.
applying to only L.U.T. is not advisable o. I downloaded there last admission list some dept admitted as low as 5 persons, some 13.etc u could download it from there site to confirm it. these school are highly selective/competitive, u could apply to 5 schools just to increase chances since most are through u.a.f except Aalto, Aalto admitted less than 40% of the total eligible students. so spread your eggs.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cvesta(m): 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
WhyNa:

Here.

tanks

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 14, 2014
How much does it cost to process the visa?
Where in nigeria can i do that?
What documents are required?
Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 14, 2014
Go to the finish embassy website everything
You need is there..
jossi994: How much does it cost to process the visa?
Where in nigeria can i do that?
What documents are required?
Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2014
ikswiss: Go to the finish embassy website everything
You need is there..
gimme the link. Gracias
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 14, 2014
Mr go to in google as ask...
jossi994: gimme the link. Gracias

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.