Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm (13286 Views)

Obanikoro's Son, Babajide Marries Girlfriend Secretly (Photos) / JUST IN: Buhari Declared The Winner In Benue / Edo State Local Government Election Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by cesil92: 7:34am On Oct 05, 2012
All POLITICIANS are the same irrespective of their PARTY (A.C.N, P.D.P L.P, APGA etc)...
Simply why opposition are shouting much at P.D.P and accusing them is because they are not RULING....
The little A.C.N are doing in Lagos State, people are still accusing them of corruption, looting and all what not.
Can we ever be comfortably satisfied?
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by KINGwax(m): 7:40am On Oct 05, 2012
killuminati: yeah rite! but actually people are tired of dis acn candidates in dis LG area cos they effin up big time. Like GEJ fans use to say "I didn't vote for dpd, I vote for gej".
that was my point. But that's why ACN will alwys try to flag the people's guy for governor. And any reasonable people's guy will prefer ACN. We both shld knw dt
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 7:42am On Oct 05, 2012
The people, through their votes, expressed their desire for ACN.....but a tribunal chair voided their voice. It will not go down quietly....ACN is retaining the peoples choice.

......besides, pdp already dismissed the tribunal and said it will not accept its ruling.

Obanikoro should wait for next election, hopefully by then he will realize what ACN stand for and xross over. Good luck to him.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by divatosin(f): 7:49am On Oct 05, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Stop the vulgar name calling and use your senses. Im responding to an article in a post. If you want my view on the case in Osun and Ekiti then open a new post to discuss that.

To this particular discussion, you will agree that this tribunal overstepped boundary. Would you not?

Same way the tribunals in Edo and Ekiti voided some results and declared winners with their computed results.Stop being a hypocrite.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by onatisi(m): 7:52am On Oct 05, 2012
Dudu_Negro: The people, through their votes, expressed their desire for ACN.....but a tribunal chair voided their voice. It will not go down quietly....ACN is retaining the peoples choice.

......besides, pdp already dismissed the tribunal and said it will not accept its ruling.

Obanikoro should wait for next election, hopefully by then he will realize what ACN stand for and xross over. Good luck to him.
pls i will advise everyone to disregard this boy and ignore his presence ,so as not allow him to disrupt this wonderful thread.thank you

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by killuminati(m): 7:55am On Oct 05, 2012
KINGwax: that was my point. But that's why ACN will alwys try to flag the people's guy for governor. And any reasonable people's guy will prefer ACN. We both shld knw dt
1 like
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 8:03am On Oct 05, 2012
diva_tosin:

Same way the tribunals in Edo and Ekiti voided some results and declared winners with their computed results.Stop being a hypocrite.

I have asked repeatddly that the pdp goons should open posts with the specifics of their grievances for the different states where they occurred so we can discuss them....none of these weaklings have acted in response, but they love to whine and throw unecessary emotional tantrums. im not here to wipe tears....but i will fvck up a rebellious pdp dummy that comes here misbehaving
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by anonimi: 8:07am On Oct 05, 2012
cesil92: All POLITICIANS are the same irrespective of their PARTY (A.C.N, P.D.P L.P, APGA etc)...
Simply why opposition are shouting much at P.D.P and accusing them is because they are not RULING....
The little A.C.N are doing in Lagos State, people are still accusing them of corruption, looting and all what not.
Can we ever be comfortably satisfied?

Sorry but a dimwit like me cannot understand the bold part above. Hope you don't mind explaining further. You already stated that ACN is doing little i.e. they can do more and yet you wonder why people are criticising them

Go and find out what Governor Jakande did in Lagos three decades ago with less money compared to "the little A.C.N are (sic) doing in Lagos State" desite increased oil revenue funded federal allocation, mega increased IGR (higher tax burden for current Lagos residents) and borrowings (higher tax burden for future Lagos residents)!
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by PriceOfGarri(m): 8:09am On Oct 05, 2012
Ohhh! Ikoyi-Obalende of all places. Hahahaha....PDP is now usin d same tactics ACN used in sackin dem from office. Very soon the whole LGAs will turned to PDP....Imagine whats gonna happen if this Obanikoro guy wins d heart of d ''Agberos'' in Obalende....hahahaha

Anyway Mr Obanikoro, as Commander-in-Chief of Obanikoro, pls tell Uche to start selling ''that yellow tin'' at N50 per derica
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by divatosin(f): 8:10am On Oct 05, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

I have asked repeatddly that the pdp goons should open posts with the specifics of their grievances for the different states where they occurred so we can discuss them....none of these weaklings have acted in response, but they love to whine and throw unecessary emotional tantrums. im not here to wipe tears....but i will fvck up a rebellious pdp dummy that comes here misbehaving

You are just a rabble rouser on a rambling cause,you are asking which goons to open up another thread?carefully trying to avoid the comparative analysis.Who's interested opening another thread to accommodate a dullard like u,that has nothing to offer other than curses.Abeg let me be joor,COWARD.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by bknight: 8:22am On Oct 05, 2012
*unbiased*

can we then say those results of d polling unit dat was voided gave jide obanikoro his new fate? undecided
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 8:24am On Oct 05, 2012
anonimi:

Sorry but a dimwit like me cannot understand the bold part above. Hope you don't mind explaining further. You already stated that ACN is doing little i.e. they can do more and yet you wonder why people are criticising them

Go and find out what Governor Jakande did in Lagos three decades ago with less money compared to "the little A.C.N are (sic) doing in Lagos State" desite increased oil revenue funded federal allocation, mega increased IGR (higher tax burden for current Lagos residents) and borrowings (higher tax burden for future Lagos residents)!

...really, now pdp wants to give praise to Jakande? When pdp came into power in Lagos they ridiculed and mocked all the programs Jakande accomplished. I am surprised at this turn around and praise for Jakande.

Democracy and capitalism go hand in hand, they are spouse. You cannot have democracy without capitalism and when you have capitalism the cost of running government become expensive. Its eithrt you want democracy and its associated costs or you dont want it and then we shop around for an alternative.....but stop attributing tax hike and cost of living to governor or party. You have the choice to relocate to a less expensive city in Nigeria and there are plenty to choose from.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by abysirius(m): 8:25am On Oct 05, 2012
onatisi:

i am not a member of any of these party but i must confess that guy called dudu ,his statements are highly provocative and to my own assumption only used by political touts and errand boys,imagine in this age someone coming online to say that whatever happens acn will remain in that office .
Guy, leave matter 4 Mathias and let's
face it straight. If imposing pple on us will give us wat we want in Naija, so b it. Or did we even know how to choose ourselves in Nigeria anyway? We chose Goodluck ourselves, didn't we? And wat do we get? A coward disillusioned man who is not even fit for a principal that is heading a nation of over 155 millions of pple. I'm sure the Oguns also chose OGD theirselves yet he disappointed majority. OBJ was imposed on us, though he is a PDP man, he's a way better than his successor. Fashola imposed on us and can't thank God enough for that becos I for one would av tipped Koro in 2007, a decision I would have regretted. With PDP stronghold in Ekiti, Osun, Oyo and even Ogun, imposing ACN on them has been more helpful than harmful. Besides, when God even wants to help man, He chooses for us becos he knows we are naïve and inexperience wen it comes to selecting the best. Advocating for PDP is criminal...
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 8:29am On Oct 05, 2012
diva_tosin:

You are just a rabble rouser on a rambling cause,you are asking which goons to open up another thread?carefully trying to avoid the comparative analysis.Who's interested opening another thread to accommodate a dullard like u,that has nothing to offer other than curses.Abeg let me be joor,COWARD.

...usually i wont let that pass for a guy but i will excuse you since you are female.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 8:31am On Oct 05, 2012
bknight: *unbiased*

can we then say those results of d polling unit dat was voided gave jide obanikoro his new fate? undecided

Of course.....thats what the ruling is predicated on. This is what is called "doctoring the numbers".
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by Pukkah: 8:40am On Oct 05, 2012
Those who are trying to taint the integrity or competence of Mrs Dolapo Akinsanya should be very cautious. I have had my eyes on Justice Dolapo Akinsanya since the heady days of post-June 12 annulment when she declared as illegal the Shonekan-led interim government. Let's admit it, she's a bold, competent, and courageous judge.

Well, I have never hidden my disdain for PDP - the party that we have given so much since 1999 but which has not given us back anything commensurate. As our Human Development Indices worsen, the PDP cats continue to feed fat on our commonwealth.

In spite of this, I congratulate Jide Obanikoro on his victory at the tribunal. He should recognize that power is transient and use the position to touch the lives of the people. His victory means that the people have spoken. He should settle down and roll up his sleeves. He has so much work to do in that LG.

Jide's victory is also a lesson for the ACN. The beauty of democracy is that people have alternatives. The ACN should address its weaknesses and not take for granted the people that hoisted their hopes on them. No organization is 'too big to fail'.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 8:49am On Oct 05, 2012
Pukkah: Those who are trying to taint the integrity or competence of Mrs Dolapo Akinsanya should be very cautious. I have had my eyes on Justice Dolapo Akinsanya since the heady days of post-June 12 annulment when she declared as illegal the Shonekan-led interim government. Let's admit it, she's a bold, competent, and courageous judge.

Well, I have never hidden my disdain for PDP - the party that we have given so much since 1999 but which has not given us back anything commensurate. As our Human Development Indices worsen, the PDP cats continue to feed fat on our commonwealth.

In spite of this, I congratulate Jide Obanikoro on his victory at the tribunal. He should recognize that power is transient and use the position to touch the lives of the people. His victory means that the people have spoken. He should settle down and roll up his sleeves. He has so much work to do in that LG.

Jide's victory is also a lesson for the ACN. The beauty of democracy is that people have alternatives. The ACN should address its weaknesses and not take for granted the people that hoisted their hopes on them. No organization is 'too big to fail'.

....you are the first respondent ive heard mentioned this judge by name...quite a surprise that you will see disagreement of a tribunal as an attack on the judge. Thats unbelievable! I can disagree with Fashola's office without necessarily disagreeing with the governor.

On the ruling itself....beside bknight, i am yet to hear anyone speak to its substance. People have spoken of this as being on same level with similar rulings in other states and i ask for debate on that but no one has obliged.

Obanikoro himself would not dare begin to occupy the office without first being cleared by the state assembly as the winner.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by Lamasta(m): 8:58am On Oct 05, 2012
lateef4me: Like PDP complied with the verdict of the tribunal in Ondo and Osun,let hope ACN complies with the decision of this tribunal ......
Make them no comply na Boko boys we go send for them. Acn is in trouble more Constituencies will be given to the rightful winners and not riggers. One Man One Vote, One Woman One Vote Shikena not business as usual again
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by walexbiz(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

This is the key point of their ruling! If this tribunal had not voided the voting records would Obanikoro have taken lead over Adeniji?

Does a tribunal headed by a retired citizen have the statutory power and authority to manipulate voting records? It seems this tribunal has assumed responsibilities and power reserved for INEC.

PDP is asking for trouble.......

without bias even acn member new from the onset that obanikoro won that seat of power they only upturn the decision in their own favor because lasiec chairman was their man, a retired judge for that matter. By and large it only show the immaturity of political parties in nigeria, that are ready to rig even if the unpopular person is from their party.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by onatisi(m): 9:13am On Oct 05, 2012
walex_biz:

without bias even acn member new from the onset that obanikoro won that seat of power they only upturn the decision in their own favor because lasiec chairman was their man, a retired judge for that matter. By and large it only show the immaturity of political parties in nigeria, that are ready to rig even if the unpopular person is from their party.
u should have observed from comments of the person u are arguing with that he is a political thug ,all these technicalities u are talking about he doesnt understand.but if u are less busy u can continue discussing with him
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by jmaine: 9:17am On Oct 05, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

....you are the first respondent ive heard mentioned this judge by name...quite a surprise that you will see disagreement of a tribunal as an attack on the judge. Thats unbelievable! I can disagree with Fashola's office without necessarily disagreeing with the governor.

On the ruling itself....beside bknight, i am yet to hear anyone speak to its substance. People have spoken of this as being on same level with similar rulings in other states and i ask for debate on that but no one has obliged.

Obanikoro himself would not dare begin to occupy the office without first being cleared by the state assembly as the winner.

Negro_NTNS . . .. . . The tribunal was set up to handle feuds, complaints about discrepancies in the electoral processes and a conduit for aggrieved contestant to voice up their discontent if any .. . . . .

And the Election tribunal has the power to look into the claims of both parties to verify if there have been any infringement whatsoever. in the case of an infringement beyond reasonable doubt . .they are empowerd to void any electoral processes/candidate proven to have defaulted by law . . . . .

And that is what i feel happened here . . . . .which is very on point . . . . . .

One thing is certain . .the true winner has been declared . .it's only a matter of time before the ACN impostor is shown the way out . . . . . . . .
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:20am On Oct 05, 2012
This is great news... after all attempts by Tinubu (who lost his polling booth to PDP right in front of his house) to ensure Adeniji stays put after years of gross incompetence. it is a welcomed judgement.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 9:22am On Oct 05, 2012
walex_biz:

Thats innacurate. Election results tell you who wins and who didnt. The only way ACN would have admitted that loss was if the count was in favor of Obanikoro. Going by what the tribunal has stated, the count was against Obanikkro.......to turn it in his favor some districts were voided.

Stark robbery!
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by jmaine: 9:23am On Oct 05, 2012
Next up is Badagry grin . . . .
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:25am On Oct 05, 2012
jmaine: Next up is Badagry grin . . . .
You got that right grin

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by luvinhubby(m): 9:26am On Oct 05, 2012
[quote author=Dudu_Negro]The people, through their votes, expressed their desire for ACN.....but a tribunal chair voided their voice. It will not go down quietly....ACN is retaining the peoples choice.

Obanikoro should wait for next election,
hopefully by then he will realize what ACN stand for and xross over. Good luck to him.[/
quote]
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by luvinhubby(m): 9:28am On Oct 05, 2012
[quote author=Dudu_Negro]The people, through their votes, expressed their desire for ACN.....but a tribunal chair voided their voice. It will not go down quietly....ACN is retaining the peoples choice.

......besides, pdp already dismissed the tribunal and said it will not accept its rulin
Obanikoro should wait for next election,
hopefully by then he will realize what ACN stand for and xross over. Good luck to him.[/

The school fees paid for is a waste, Tinubu's attack dog!!
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 9:37am On Oct 05, 2012
jmaine:

Negro_NTNS . . .. . . The tribunal was set up to handle feuds, complaints about discrepancies in the electoral processes and a conduit for aggrieved contestant to voice up their discontent if any .. . . . .

And the Election tribunal has the power to look into the claims of both parties to verify if there have been any infringement whatsoever. in the case of an infringement beyond reasonable doubt . .they are empowerd to void any electoral processes/candidate proven to have defaulted by law . . . . .

And that is what i feel happened here . . . . .which is very on point . . . . . .

One thing is certain . .the true winner has been declared . .it's only a matter of time before the ACN impostor is shown the way out . . . . . . . .

Jmaine,

I wish it was that easy to arbitrarily just "void" election results....but its not.

I first said INEC in my initial response but i should have been saying LASIEC instead.

If a tribunal would independently void results of an election then the populace ought to find that repulsive and untenable in a democratic process. The voice of the people is meaningless and a tribunal has become the unsolicited voice through which a choice is picked for them.

Do we want to work on removing corruption or are we in our indolence just satisfied with playing push-me-i-pull-you with our democracy?

The state assembly still has to officially accept the ruling before he can go in office.

Now it is apparently clear why pdp is clamoring to bring local govts under direct federal control.....so they can use indirect access of penetrating grassroots and picking candidates for the people.
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 9:40am On Oct 05, 2012
[quote author=luvinhubby][/quote]

I wear that label proudly
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by jmaine: 9:55am On Oct 05, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Jmaine,

I wish it was that easy to arbitrarily just "void" election results....but its not.

I first said INEC in my initial response but i should have been saying LASIEC instead.

If a tribunal would independently void results of an election then the populace ought to find that repulsive and untenable in a democratic process. The voice of the people is meaningless and a tribunal has become the unsolicited voice through which a choice is picked for them.

Do we want to work on removing corruption or are we in our indolence just satisfied with playing push-me-i-pull-you with our democracy?

The state assembly still has to officially accept the ruling before he can go in office.

Now it is apparently clear why pdp is clamoring to bring local govts under direct federal control.....so they can use indirect access of penetrating grassroots and picking candidates for the people.

The tribunal acts as a double check with respect to the electoral processes . . .if the electoral process is faultless . . .The tribunal position will reflect the same, and if it's plague with blatant irregularities due to rigging . .The position of the tribunal will also reflect otherwise

In this case, the Tribunal upheld the voice of the people which was shackled by LASIEC under the firm grip of the ACN rigging machinery . .

Haven't you seen the Youtube clip of the Badagry LGA poll, where the returning officer boldly and confidently announced the winner as the PDP . .only for the LASIEC chairman to pronounce ACN as the winner . . .Is that what you refer to as the voice of the people ? Yes ? . . . .

The election tribunal is a medium for the masses voice to be acknowledged and upheld as in this case and others which the ACN also won in other States . . . .

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by fm7070: 10:04am On Oct 05, 2012
This is the beginning of fall for ACN, they better buckle up and serve the masses selflessly instead of making useless laws that does not have positive effect on the masses.
PDP Government will do everything to ensure that they don't lose that single local government area.
Next election, ACN will lose more LGA, at least, I know of Ayobo/Ipaja LCDA
Re: Tribunal Declares Obanikoro’s Son Local Government Election Winner In Lagos-pm by DuduNegro: 10:10am On Oct 05, 2012
Jmaine,

I believe it is appropriate to take disputes to tribunal. I dont believe tribunal should "void" electoral counts.

If the tribunal is a check and balance for LASIEC, who is check and balance for tribunal? You get my point? This is democracy.

Obanikoro has a lot of supporters amongst ibo people because of his name initials....and we clearly see that turn out here speaking for pdp. Most of the people that came in were weak whiners unfortunately...their whining blinded their vision from properly assessing the process .

Look, neither one of the parties trust the tribunal.....that says a lot! So who checks the checker?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obiano And Yakubu Gowon At Francis Arinze's Golden Jubilee - Photos / EFCC Re-arraigns Alao-akala, Two Others Over Alleged N11.5bn Fraud / Former Bauchi Governor, Yuguda Dumps GPN For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.