Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband (19912 Views)

Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) / This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / Widow's Sons Arrested For Beating Her Young Boyfriend - VI, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by Agrika: 7:06am On Nov 02, 2014
chucky234:
What is this one saying sef
Am saying or asking are you for real?

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by kemtol(f): 4:58pm On Nov 08, 2014
All has been well my dear, of atruth, the journey has been tough but god has been faithfull.

I relocated to another state to start all over again but honestly speaking, in a couple of weeks it ll be five years but i ve not yet strong, bold and confident to hit the dating scene yet .

I love my life and routine as it is presently though will not hesitate if the opportunity present itself to remarry.

My son is doing great as well.

To every one that rendered their advice, i say god bless you, to all that that chastise me, i thank you and to all that made a mockery of my issue, god is still god.

To a very special person that reached out to me financially on this faceless forum, i may not know u but god sure does. God bless u plenty.

Thank u all for the time and concern.
bukatyne:

Dear OP,

How did events go?
All has been well my dear, of atruth, the journey has been tough but god has been faithfull.

I relocated to another state to start all over again but honestly speaking, in a couple of weeks it ll be five years but i ve not yet strong, bold and confident to hit the dating scene yet .

I love my life and routine as it is presently though will not hesitate if the opportunity present itself to remarry.

To every one that rendered their advice, i say god bless you, to all that that chastise me, i thank you and to all that made a mockery of my issue, god is still god.

To a very special person that reached out to me financially on this faceless forum, i may not know u but god sure does. God bless u plenty.

bukatyne:

Dear OP,

How did events go?

bukatyne:

Dear OP,

How did events go?
Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by bukatyne(f): 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
kemtol:

Thank u all for the time and concern.All has been well my dear, of atruth, the journey has been tough but god has been faithfull.

God be with you and will provide another husband when He is ready.

God be with your son cheesy
Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by kemtol(f): 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
5 years and counting. lord I thank u for d strength and enablement.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by Jennifer89(f): 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
olapluto:
Why not look after your son for now? Best answer to your question is this:
If you were dead and able to see your living husband, how long will you be OK for him to mourn you for? For real love, it is usually for the rest of the spouse life. For marriage based on money, it is between 1 second - 1 month. Others may vary

what are u saying? the marriage vow says 'till death do us part' so she can start a new relationship.
Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
kemtol:
5 years and counting.
lord I thank u for d strength and enablement.

You have been mourning for five years? shocked

Why?

Will it bring back your husband? Does it make your life better? Is it giving him rest and peace?

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
[size=14pt]As briefly as possible. [/size]
Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by kemtol(f): 6:10pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mindfulness:

You have been mourning for five years? shocked

Why?

Will it bring back your husband? Does it make your life better? Is it giving him rest and peace?

not mourning nor sad mood.
just thanking God for the strength to be able to carry on.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
kemtol:

This is good. Ask for more. wink smiley
Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by kemtol(f): 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2017
HOW TIME FLIES.
THANK YOU LORD FOR THE GRACE AND STRENGTH SO FAR. ITS BEEN YOU (GOD) ALL THE WAY
Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by nkwuocha1: 7:31am On Nov 10, 2017
kemtol:
HOW TIME FLIES.

THANK YOU LORD FOR THE GRACE AND STRENGTH SO FAR.
ITS BEEN YOU (GOD) ALL THE WAY
Madam,you better remarry. Many of you women think you are smarter and more holier than God.If you're a christian, read and understand where it is advice for a young widow to remarry. Stop fooling yourself,else you will destroy your son who is yearning for a father figure.
Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by nkwuocha1: 7:34am On Nov 10, 2017
kemtol:
Your strength comes from your ignorance.
Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by kemtol(f): 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2017
nkwuocha1:

Madam,you better remarry. Many of you women think you are smarter and more holier than God.If you're a christian, read and understand where it is advice for a young widow to remarry. Stop fooling yourself,else you will destroy your son who is yearning for a father figure.

sir, where did u see in my post where I proved holy holy or intention of not remarrying. pls understand a post before u conclude.
n.b
learn to criticize constructively

4 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by nkwuocha1: 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
kemtol:

sir, where did u see in my post where I proved holy holy or intention of not remarrying. pls understand a post before u conclude.
n.b
learn to criticize constructively

Well,I read all your posts from the beginning. Sorry if you're offended by my bluntness. Seeking others permission to move on with your life aint no way to live a life young woman! Not by business though, but in your bid to get people's opinions before you get a life may be stopping your young son from growing up with a male figure in his life.
Peace!
Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by kemtol(f): 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
nkwuocha1:

Well,I read all your posts from the beginning. Sorry if you're offended by my bluntness. Seeking others permission to move on with your life aint no way to live a life young woman! Not by business though, but in your bid to get people's opinions before you get a life may be stopping your young son from growing up with a male figure in his life.
Peace!

thanks for the advice.
the thread was created over 5 yrs back. I've longed moved on

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by tuscani: 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2017

what a strange advice.

He is dead, so she is free to remarry , imo after 1 to 2 years after the funeral.

To suggest otherwise is imposing unnecessary burdens on a young woman.
this is a simple advice. She should just put herself in her husband's shoe,from there she can decide
Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by iyimide(m): 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
kemtol:
Hi nlers. I am a young lady who unfortunately lost my husband after four years of marriage. Its been two and half yes now since my husband death.is it okay for me to start a new relationship now. How many years is a widow required to mourn his husband before moving on. Thanks a lot as u respond.
My sister, if u are Yoruba, abeg please for the sake of yourself and your child.. Make it at least 20years.. Its important..
Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by kemtol(f): 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
iyimide:

My sister, if u are Yoruba, abeg please for the sake of yourself and your child.. Make it at least 20years.. Its important..

tnx for d advice sir
Re: How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband by Dearlord(m): 12:22am On Sep 25, 2020
This is the reason I came back to the world to tell you guys about integrity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? / Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry / “my Husband Killed Our Baby, Impregnated Two Married Women”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.