Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church (41969 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church / Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 5:31am On Oct 05, 2012
guttentag: Maybe he have his own REASON for such law. How do I become a member,
BB: 2557C337
A member of elementary six ?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by LordBabs(m): 5:32am On Oct 05, 2012
X-factoria:
Somebody just quoted an unverifiable statement and attributes it to Pastor Adeboye and many people here have gone wild without caring to ask for the source of it.

@OP:

Please where is your source?
can't you read? he said in a tv program. is that not enough a source?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by chy22(m): 5:37am On Oct 05, 2012
you talk like you have forgotten that a wife many times brings good to his husband after their marriage union, SIR please you dont need a job before you will get married. dam it what are you guys drinking down there in Nigeria of late.
Gracious10:

Ur comment is just appalling! Sorry ooo... Ndo!

Really, No jobless man is entitled to a wife! Same way no woman who lacks good xter is entitled to a husband. How can the man take care of a family if he's got no job? Gettin a job should be a priority before marriage...That's just common sense. Any responsible man knows that!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by talk2me006(m): 5:42am On Oct 05, 2012
acidosis™:
These are his words.. live on DOVE TV.

Don't marry outside this church! Unless you're blind (men), we have alot of good girls in this church. Reasons : if troubles come up later, we can easily call the family to order..but God help you if you marry a lady with another G.O ..

He also said..

"Don't marry a man who has no job!. God gave Adam a job before he gave Eve. If he tells you he is a contractor, please ask for all evidence..
Is like there are many unmarried or divorce women in that church and he set up plan for them .
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by jesse8048(m): 5:45am On Oct 05, 2012
Now I can see d no of single sisters doubling, time for bad guys to taste them all. Limited resources.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by kunyeo(m): 5:51am On Oct 05, 2012
[quote author=MacDaddy01]Is Adeboye foolish?

Dont marry outside the RCC?

that is the issue with most NLers.No qualm to call somebody old enough to be your father FOOLISH
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by onatisi(m): 5:55am On Oct 05, 2012
pheyikemi: I see no link... Hw r we s'posed to knw d info is real
thank you ,enough of all these unverified news.at least if na tb issue ppl will go to any extent to post youtube video ,before one comment on religious matters on should be double sure
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Gracious10: 5:55am On Oct 05, 2012
chy22: you talk like you have forgotten that a wife many times brings good to his husband after their marriage union, SIR please you dont need a job before you will get married. dam it what are you guys drinking down there in Nigeria of late.

Mister listen:
1. Am not a guy
2. I don't live in Nigeria
3. I know how most bums like you sits on the couch and watch the ladies bring in the Bacon.
4. How about a man bringing goodluck to his wife? That one na crime?
5. How about you studying ur bible or whatever religious book straight up than upside down?

I don't understand how men of these days Belive this crap that a woman you should be protecting, shielding turns around and picks up the tab yet they joyfully mentions it.
What kind of men are they breeding these days?
Right from time, men are never ever known to be spoon fed. They know their priority is to be responsible and responsibility is providing for their family!
Any man waiting for a woman to help him rise is a serious Anumpam period!
It's even annoying when they don't make efforts to work.
This isn't about being rich, its about getting a job, have a sense of fulfilment that your hands are busy providing for ur family.
Even if he's collecting cans, works in a restaurant,a cleaner, cashier,the Issue is that he's got something doing and no correct headed woman will see such determination and not give credit to such man.

Again, men should get a job before marriage!! It is common arithmetic!

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by lumeneng22: 6:08am On Oct 05, 2012
InvertedHammer:
Incentive to go this church: Guaranteed spouse!!!
How can spinsters sign up?
. And what is the ratio of single male youths to the females in rccg?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Bamikay(m): 6:09am On Oct 05, 2012
frosbel: and the follow follow sheeple who follow follow MAN and not GOD will OBEY and continue to FOLLOW.

I pity those who refuse to follow Christ as the TRUE HEAD of the CHURCH !!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by searay(m): 6:10am On Oct 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
No prob.

So what job did God give Adam before Eve was coughed up?
His job was to name all the animals on earth. Adam was a "NAMER"
I try?
ThREAD CLOSED!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by LordBabs(m): 6:11am On Oct 05, 2012
the moral implication of such sententious sermon is grave. this religious blunderer has schismatically succeeded in ridiculing his so-called God? and the larger christendom.. so, what income was adam earning from his 'job' of dressing & keeping the vine, just 2 cater 4 eve? was adam accountable for eve's welfarism in d first place? was it on adam's prerogative or volition eve was betrothed to him? did d bible establish dat it was because adam was jobbed that god? now married him a wife, so why was her husband's job not then sufficient for her, that she yet greedily betrayed her matrimony by consenting 2 d will of d serpent? this is a clear-cut biblical blunder to substantiate a moral vice, which indeed is repugnant to natural love, which is unconditional.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Bamikay(m): 6:11am On Oct 05, 2012
Yes oooooooo, Christ is the true head of the church.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by kacheezy: 6:15am On Oct 05, 2012
blaqoracle: who made him a man of god? These so called men of god are simply bussiness men who take advantage of the gullibility of people to enrish themselves. If many of these so called men of god where to be in europe or america, the would be behind bar. Watch out efcc will soon come after adeboye for instigating a social breakdown by saying that jobless people people dont have right to a wife, even jesus christ, who was jobless had a wife- mary magdalene.
Lol..Jesus had a job...he worked for a 'Non Prophet Organization'.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by kacheezy: 6:18am On Oct 05, 2012
[quote author=kunyeo][/quote]
Growing up is mandatory...acting matured is optional...Adeboye just spoke like a cry baby.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 05, 2012
acidosis™:
These are his words.. live on DOVE TV.

Don't marry outside this church! Unless you're blind (men), we have alot of good girls in this church. Reasons : if troubles come up later, we can easily call the family to order..but God help you if you marry a lady with another G.O ..

He also said..

"Don't marry a man who has no job!. God gave Adam a job before he gave Eve. If he tells you he is a contractor, please ask for all evidence..
CULT LYK TINS
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Lexusgs430: 6:25am On Oct 05, 2012
He has seen the rate @ which his female members are getting married to men from other churches, rendering his female followers deeper into the zone of unmarried statistics.
GO is only protecting his sheep, as a good shepherd would do!!! If only I could say sheeps!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Wsdm: 6:26am On Oct 05, 2012
Well! Everybody is entitle to their belief. I don't like commenting on religious matters. I just wish you all can see how funny you sound to some of us when you come here to neither defend nor insult your various denominations on the same religion. Is this not the religious intolerance you accuse others of? If you can be saying all these things about your selves, nobody should then be surprise on what you say about others.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by KiksAsso: 6:28am On Oct 05, 2012
I still don't believe the G.O deserves to be insulted even if it's true that he said this.
This is only an advice from his own point of view.
It's either you take or leave it. But I tell you, unlike friendship, marriage is a different ball game.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Balkan(m): 6:42am On Oct 05, 2012
Dignitary: I love Nigerians...

So gullible and sheepish!!!

Someone who is not a journalist, whose view is not authoritative..someone who has not elicited any evidence to show that Pastor Adeboye indeed said all he has alleged said the man of God said 'don't marry frm RCCG' and y'all believe!!! So sick!!!

Many have not only believed but they have started hurling insults at the man of God...Well, I now know the reason why so many ppl have problems without knowing the cause of their problems.

My friends, let's exercise caution when we talk about men of God!!! Even if u don't believe they are men of God, it will do u a whole lot of good if u exercise restraints...God can do anything to ppl that despise his prophets and pastors !!! He's a consuming fire!!!

Assuming but not conceding that he said all you said, I believe the context in which that was said must be considered too!!! Sincerely speaking, I believe Christians from different denominations can marry each other!!! My Bible does not tell me otherwise and I do believe that Pastor Adeboye will share this view since he allows Pastors from other churches to preach in RCCG!!!

But if indeed he said all these, it must not be isolated from the context in which he said it!!! It's end time guys...D devil is desperately Interested in bringing down men of God that are constant threats to his kingdom!!! DON'T ALLOW URSELF TO B USED BY THE devil

My brother open your eyes. We are all men of God. I will not be surprised to hear this. You guys are now worshiping your pastors instead of your God. The Christ that I am following never preached that.

There is too much competiton among Pastors. They are interested in snatching members of other churches to be richer and bigger. They will not go and preach to BH who need to accept christ.

I don't believe in this pastors who are turning you fools into money making machines. I pity you church goers cos you have missed your way. Bc if you study your Bible no man will decieve you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by BinghiNya(m): 6:44am On Oct 05, 2012
islam bashers don't complain but when a sensitive nerve is touched they react adeboye goofed big time and thats ur daddy a real con man
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by steffans(m): 6:45am On Oct 05, 2012
Miranchai: A Redeemed girl is already my GF. What'u gonna do Mr. Pastor(Law Maker)

Are u a Lesbian or u are using "f" as a disguise?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by mu2sa2: 6:47am On Oct 05, 2012
What Adegboye said isn't peculiar - other church leaders are also telling their followers not to hav anything to do with members of other churches. There are many christianities and each is claiming to be in d right. So when u say u are a christian, u need to be asked which of the christianities u belong to since there ar thousands and thousands of christianities.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by ektbear: 6:51am On Oct 05, 2012
I think what he is saying is, if you are looking for a wife, we have plenty in this church, so start your search here.

He isn't really banning people from outside or whatever...just touting the merits of marrying an RCCG woman.

Which is perfectly reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by diehard(m): 6:51am On Oct 05, 2012
It is interesting to note how mindless, gullible people who don't have a voice and nobody will ever listened to criticize an importance person in our society based on mere sensationalism. Somebody once said 'A critic knows the way but can't drive'. Come to think of it, I am not surprise cos most NLers are young adults with little or no life experience, who thinks their little opinion is the correct one. I laugh in Urhobo....
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 05, 2012
Acute dulling dey worry the Op and I smell mischief in his post.

I always wonder what he hopes to achieve by always disparaging churches/MOG.

You may have quoted the man out of context. This is pure unadultrated gossip.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by SamAfrik(m): 7:08am On Oct 05, 2012
I think d msg of nt lookin outside RCCG is directed @ d men. However, I would av preffered ways of helping jobless (but capable) men to get married.
Nigeria is loosing young men to migration everyday. Also economic climate is nt encouraging ones @ home.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Lovine: 7:09am On Oct 05, 2012
I think what he is saying is, if you are looking for a wife, we have plenty in this church, so start your search here.

He isn't really banning people from outside or whatever...just touting the merits of marrying an RCCG woman.

Which is perfectly reasonable.

That's your interpretation, but you must know there is nothing wrong in critizing the man of God. They are human they can go wrong. Jesus' church is one, Jesus has no denominations with different names, they are man made and that's the confusion.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Myself2(m): 7:11am On Oct 05, 2012
The OP said it was live on Dove TV,why hasnt anybody bothered to ask for the Dove TV link so we too can see and hear for ourselves
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Turbocharged: 7:14am On Oct 05, 2012
acidosis™:

Sir, please stop accusing me..
Accusing? No way. Just check ur posts and see the outcome.
I am a child of God..
Even the Boko guys believe they are also.
I have a church I attend and surrounded with Pastors and Evangelists.
Judas also attended the synagogue and was surrounded by the apostles and Jesus Himself.
Whatever I say about christianity is the truth..atleast in accordance with the word of God.
[b]in the temptation of Jesus, everything the devil said is the truth according to the word of God, but intent is what really counts.

MY ADVICE: Just use more of ur time and energy to win souls for the kingdom of God and encourage the weak ones than to post topics that will end up brewing controversies.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by lastpage: 7:14am On Oct 05, 2012
Dignitary: I love Nigerians...

So gullible and sheepish!!!

Someone who is not a journalist, whose view is not authoritative..someone who has not elicited any evidence to show that Pastor Adeboye indeed said all he has alleged said the man of God said 'don't marry frm RCCG' and y'all believe!!! So sick!!!

Many have not only believed but they have started hurling insults at the man of God...Well, I now know the reason why so many ppl have problems without knowing the cause of their problems.

My friends, let's exercise caution when we talk about men of God!!! Even if u don't believe they are men of God, it will do u a whole lot of good if u exercise restraints...God can do anything to ppl that despise his prophets and pastors !!! He's a consuming fire!!!

Assuming but not conceding that he said all you said, I believe the context in which that was said must be considered too!!! Sincerely speaking, I believe Christians from different denominations can marry each other!!! My Bible does not tell me otherwise and I do believe that Pastor Adeboye will share this view since he allows Pastors from other churches to preach in RCCG!!!

But if indeed he said all these, it must not be isolated from the context in which he said it!!! It's end time guys...D devil is desperately Interested in bringing down men of God that are constant threats to his kingdom!!! DON'T ALLOW URSELF TO B USED BY THE devil

In other words?
As long as it is G.O. Adeboye, he is above the law?

No be only end-time, na begin-time! grin grin

You need to wake-up and smell the coffee!

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

“Pastor Says Any Sex Position Apart From Missionary Style Is A Sin” – Lady / The Lords Chosen: Vikings Cult Leader Surrenders Gun & Accepts Jesus (Photos) / Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.