Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church (41970 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church / Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by toluscott2000(m): 10:11am On Oct 05, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] na [b][/b] na true talk , na so we dey do 4 my church oh! n so not a strage news . is gud
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Dee60: 10:12am On Oct 05, 2012
Dignitary: I love Nigerians...

So gullible and sheepish!!!

Someone who is not a journalist, whose view is not authoritative..someone who has not elicited any evidence to show that Pastor Adeboye indeed said all he has alleged said the man of God said 'don't marry frm RCCG' and y'all believe!!! So sick!!!

Many have not only believed but they have started hurling insults at the man of God...Well, I now know the reason why so many ppl have problems without knowing the cause of their problems.

My friends, let's exercise caution when we talk about men of God!!! Even if u don't believe they are men of God, it will do u a whole lot of good if u exercise restraints...God can do anything to ppl that despise his prophets and pastors !!! He's a consuming fire!!!

Assuming but not conceding that he said all you said, I believe the context in which that was said must be considered too!!! Sincerely speaking, I believe Christians from different denominations can marry each other!!! My Bible does not tell me otherwise and I do believe that Pastor Adeboye will share this view since he allows Pastors from other churches to preach in RCCG!!!

But if indeed he said all these, it must not be isolated from the context in which he said it!!! It's end time guys...D devil is desperately Interested in bringing down men of God that are constant threats to his kingdom!!! DON'T ALLOW URSELF TO B USED BY THE devil

Thank you so much. Someone is trying here to quote the man of God out of context. They should relay the entire message so you see the context in which he spoke.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 05, 2012
Although it is advisable to marry within the church but restrictions should not be placed on what church after all denomination ends here.If a woman has a job that can sustain a family there is no law that says such should not get married if they so desired.Statements like this may be taken completely out of context.I love baba Adeboye,he exemplified life lost in Christ.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by SamAfrik(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2012
dammytosh: Do we comment for comment sake ?

He said his opinion and gave reasons. Every church expresses and lean towards this same opinion that it is highly advisable that you marry within the folk cos of the place of doctrinal issues and teaching back ground in your marriage (Christ Embassy even have this in their marriage guideline.

I can't hear "GOD SAYS or DADDY Says " IN HIS STATEMENT. And If you don't understand , Imagine a Winners Member marrying a C&S member ?

Even Apostle paul gave a lot of advices in the bible that he clearly stated that God did not say that but he felt it is d best.
So Dammy, lets go mathematical. what chances are there for a lady finding a fellow Redeemite who is well paid and still single. The present church must also start focusing on economic empowerment rather setting strict rules.

Secondly, is there any lady or guy on Nairaland challenging the fact that a GUY must have a job before marrying ? That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard in recent times. No wonder marriages crash per second and spouse kill one another, when the basic things are not followed.

Even the bible says that a man who does not work deserves no food. Not to talk of marriage.

All those launching unnecessary attacks should think. That you hate a man does not mean he is wrong and must be hated at all times.

- My Opinion.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2012
Thank you yemotiroro
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by wisdomolusola: 10:23am On Oct 05, 2012
We have not even heard from the source and some of us here are beginning to abuse, criminalise and insult this man of God. The wrath of God is evident on you if you are one of them. Display some high level of intellectual decorum haba!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Dipwater(m): 10:26am On Oct 05, 2012
Gracious10:

Mister listen:
1. Am not a guy
2. I don't live in Nigeria
3. I know how most bums like you sits on the couch and watch the ladies bring in the Bacon.
4. How about a man bringing goodluck to his wife? That one na crime?
5. How about you studying ur bible or whatever religious book straight up than upside down?

I don't understand how men of these days Belive this crap that a woman you should be protecting, shielding turns around and picks up the tab yet they joyfully mentions it.
What kind of men are they breeding these days?
Right from time, men are never ever known to be spoon fed. They know their priority is to be responsible and responsibility is providing for their family!
Any man waiting for a woman to help him rise is a serious Anumpam period!
It's even annoying when they don't make efforts to work.
This isn't about being rich, its about getting a job, have a sense of fulfilment that your hands are busy providing for ur family.
Even if he's collecting cans, works in a restaurant,a cleaner, cashier,the Issue is that he's got something doing and no correct headed woman will see such determination and not give credit to such man.

Again, men should get a job before marriage!! It is common arithmetic!

U are absolutely ....and women shuld get a job too b4 marriage ,providing for the family shuldnt be a one sided thing ,
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 05, 2012
anyone supporting this crap must have his head totally messed up,that is totally,he is going against the scripture he proffesses ,he should go ahead and write his own bible..thank God i do not worship man only God,My bible is more than enough for me,for it is the total truth
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Kx: 10:35am On Oct 05, 2012
Everybody is entitled to their opinions however,
our men of God should realize that the pulpit is meant to share God's word of love based on the scriptures
not their own individual opinions.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Exponental(m): 10:36am On Oct 05, 2012
I think he is marketing 4 d unmarried girls.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by KDK(m): 10:43am On Oct 05, 2012
Yemotiroro: This generation amazes me. If you were a student under his tutelage when Dr Adeboye was a lecturer in UNILAG in 1973 (when a lot of NLers had not been born) would you have considered him an ignoramus. Is it that we are so uncultured that we have forgotten that the man in question (whether he truly said what is credited to him or not) is old enough to be our grand father.
Besides, as a man of God he does not speak to impose himself on his flock. I have known and studied him over the years. If truly he said this, it must be a problem-solving directive to contain the myriads of issues that come before him day by day. You need to be close to a man of his calibre to know how their hearts bleed for the errors and repercussions of wrong marriages. If you think this is not a wise counsel, then leave it. It's regretful how many young people think themselves wise until they fall into their own error.
The great undoing of today's youth is the inability to listen to, let alone distill the wisdom in the utterances of the elders. BTW I do not attend RCCG.
Just remember that what the elderly see in the horizon while sitting a youth will not see though he climbs the tallest of trees. A word is enough for the wise.

I could not have said it better.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 05, 2012
Two issues are at stake here,
first, don't marry outside RCCG so that when there is problem, it will be easy to resolve.
Secondly, jobless men should not marry until they secure a job.

In the first case, i will term it a political statement in the sense that if all the men in RCCG are allowed to marry outside the church, who will now marry the ladies in RCCG, including pastor Adegboye's daughters?

The best advice pastor Adegboye should have given his youths is to marry someone you love dearly. If there is love in every family, the pastor will not have any reconcilliation to do because the family will be at peace and when the family is at peace, the society will also be at peace because the family is the smallest unit of the society. It's when love breaks down that irreconcilliable differences will start to resoface and the matter will be dragged to men of God, afterall, they are those that joined them together.

On the issue that jobless men should not get married, that advice is wrong. Marriage has no formulae, and not forgetting that 1+1 is equal to 1, since the jobless man has been taking good care of himself before the lady comes into the picture, without asking for subvention from pastor Adegboye, he can equally take care of his wife.

Adegboye and other men of God should join hands together to fight the high cost of marriage in our society and not asking jobless men to stay clear of marriage.

In the western world, a lady can call her parents on the phone and say, 'mummy, daddy, i'm getting married today'. And her parents will shout, 'waoh, is he handsome, loving, caring, when are we meeting him, we wish you the best sweetheart, we trust you to make the right decisions, bye.'

Thunder will fire you if you try that with a yeruba parent or an Igbo parent. You have to do first introduction, second introduction, iku aka, imalu be, first wine carrying, second wine carrying, traditional marriage. Before you get to white marriage, you're as poor and jobless as any thing you can think of.

Again, it is a known fact that poor and jobless families are more at peace compaired to the rich families. If you're in doubt, look around you.

Instead of calling that jobless men should stay clear of marriage, he should build industries and factories and employ RCCG men and women to work there, that will solve the joblessness issue and reduce poverty rate in nigeria. The money used in buying private jet should have been channeled to solving this problem.

He remembered that adam had a job(taking care of garden of Eden) before God gave him a wife, but forget that Jesus did not have private jet or exotic cars. Jesus was so broke that he can't afford a horse or a carmel.

Thank God, i'm not a member of RCCG, because very soon, it will be passed into law .

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by aku626(m): 10:51am On Oct 05, 2012
They are very many incencitive people amongst us, i have heard this statement before in my church RCCG YES! They never said if you bring another girl they wont wed you guys, they are only trying to say that they have youths looking for spouses in the church and it would be very welcomed if you start your search within. My girlfriend isnt from redeem. Please watch your words before speaking someone said the decision of Adeboye is foolish hmmm, to say that to any individual is demeaning talkless of an elder or a man of God becareful so you don't end your future before it begins, I don't think God takes it lightly when you insult his servants wether he is right or wrong, if you have a different judgement do it your way. if people decide to folloew what he has to say let them follow its not your business, i'm a member and would get married to whom God says i should get married to.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by AkinDavid2: 10:53am On Oct 05, 2012
I strongly disagree with this post/thread to have come from Pastor Adeboye..but if it is true then there must have been more than scores of thousand marital issues he has been handling based on that fact.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 05, 2012
Two issues are at stake here,
first, don't marry outside RCCG so that when there is problem, it will be easy to resolve.
Secondly, jobless men should not marry until they secure a job.

In the first case, i will term it a political statement in the sense that if all the men in RCCG are allowed to marry outside the church, who will now marry the ladies in RCCG, including pastor Adegboye's daughters?

The best advice pastor Adegboye should have given his youths is to marry someone you love dearly. If there is love in every family, the pastor will not have any reconcilliation to do because the family will be at peace and when the family is at peace, the society will also be at peace because the family is the smallest unit of the society. It's when love breaks down that irreconcilliable differences will start to resoface and the matter will be dragged to men of God, afterall, they are those that joined them together.

On the issue that jobless men should not get married, that advice is wrong. Marriage has no formulae, and not forgetting that 1+1 is equal to 1, since the jobless man has been taking good care of himself before the lady comes into the picture, without asking for subvention from pastor Adegboye, he can equally take care of his wife.

Adegboye and other men of God should join hands together to fight the high cost of marriage in our society and not asking jobless men to stay clear of marriage.

In the western world, a lady can call her parents on the phone and say, 'mummy, daddy, i'm getting married today'. And her parents will shout, 'waoh, is he handsome, loving, caring, when are we meeting him, we wish you the best sweetheart, we trust you to make the right decisions, bye.'

Thunder will fire you if you try that with a yeruba parent or an Igbo parent. You have to do first introduction, second introduction, iku aka, imalu be, first wine carrying, second wine carrying, traditional marriage. Before you get to white marriage, you're as poor and jobless as any thing you can think of.

Again, it is a known fact that poor and jobless families are more at peace compaired to the rich families. If you're in doubt, look around you.

Instead of calling that jobless men should stay clear of marriage, he should build industries and factories and employ RCCG men and women to work there, that will solve the joblessness issue and reduce poverty rate in nigeria. The money used in buying private jet should have been channeled to solving this problem.

He remembered that adam had a job(taking care of garden of Eden) before God gave him a wife, but forget that Jesus did not have private jet or exotic cars. Jesus was so broke that he can't afford a horse or a carmel.

Thank God, i'm not a member of RCCG, because very soon, it will be passed into law .
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by aku626(m): 10:59am On Oct 05, 2012
if you want to marry go ahead and marry job or no job that message was an advice. i dont want to increase the rate of poverty in nigeria if anyone dont have a job or means of sustainable income i wont indulge inactivities that would make my situation even worse, but if such person sees in the future it would get better (important to remain positive) he can go ahead. please lets use our number 6 before we jump into conclusions.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Dipwater(m): 11:04am On Oct 05, 2012
quote author=Bosky65]Baba is only encourage singles to marry in the church.if you marry outside the church, Pastors will still wed you they will not flog you.There are a lot of sisters in RCCG that are looking for husbands, just a way of encouraging the singles.[/quote]

Girls looking for husbands? Wow !
The above sounds to me like husbands are scarce commodity like fuel
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Jamisco: 11:14am On Oct 05, 2012
acidosis™:

This is not a good way to approach matters and words from a man of God pls..

I only enlightened those that attend the church..not to look outside. The message was delivered in a youth convention this evening.. and am very sure, many of their members are unaware..

i want to enlighten the members and you post it on public website?

what my Bible tells me is that God is going to judge all our doings including what we say, think, do and even post on nairaland.

may you reason and stop posting unreasonable things in Jesus name Amen
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by ukotmi: 11:32am On Oct 05, 2012
He gave a general advice. Every church encourages members to marry within. Few make it a law to marry only members. Redeemed marry from outside also. It is not a law. My friend, a top worker in Redeemed married from Foursquare and they are living happily. So it is only an advice.I wonder why N/landers are always quick to rain insults on people without reading between the lines?
For a man to marry, he ought to have a means of livelyhood. Even if the wife to be be is working or runs her business, the man should have a means of income also.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by ABAKA72(m): 11:41am On Oct 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Verse plz?

If Adam was a Gardner before eve came about, why wasn't didnt he continue to garden afterwards?
Ask Adeboye, he will give you the answer, though I doubt if he will have the answer.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by ABAKA72(m): 11:46am On Oct 05, 2012
acidosis™:

This is not a good way to approach matters and words from a man of God pls..

I only enlightened those that attend the church..not to look outside. The message was delivered in a youth convention this evening.. and am very sure, many of their members are unaware..
So Adebayo is now a god, it's now a sin to critisize him when he says something foolish.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by IYANGBALI: 11:48am On Oct 05, 2012
no problem,dem fit dey fok non members sha? grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by basisop(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2012
Gracious10:

Ur comment is just appalling! Sorry ooo... Ndo!

Really, No jobless man is entitled to a wife! Same way no woman who lacks good xter is entitled to a husband. How can the man take care of a family if he's got no job? Gettin a job should be a priority before marriage...That's just common sense. Any responsible man knows that!!

And if the job is no more after marrying, please divorce the jobless man abi?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by basisop(m): 11:54am On Oct 05, 2012
Jamisco:

i want to enlighten the members and you post it on public website?

what my Bible tells me is that God is going to judge all our doings including what we say, think, do and even post on nairaland.

may you reason and stop posting unreasonable things in Jesus name Amen

Sharrap! Do you know how many supposed happy union that this church things stop? Abeg, na you God go judge for keeping mute on wrong things.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Akolawole(m): 11:54am On Oct 05, 2012
I believe GO was misquoted. Even a young Believer must NOT say that. Probably he said '' Do NOT marry an unbeleiver ''. That i can understand.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by jonyse: 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
I think we all should endeavour to read aloud through whatever we want to post to hear how it sounds before clicking submit button.It is totally uncalled for and rude for someone to call a fellow human being names. Pls let's watch our utterance, the fact that there is freedom of speech is not a licence to talk anyhow. Lets treat ourselves with some respect.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by COOLDUN: 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
If the girls in your church would not marry men with no jobs, then they have already chosen to be single for the rest of their lives. How many men are employed in Nigeria and your church? Many men come to your church for miracles which never come to the poor men. This lunatic was the man who was spiritual god father to OBJ, when he was punishing Nigerians on daily bases. It is never your fault, I blame the men you have brainwashed and dumped all in the name of born again. You are an anti Christ for making such comment. Nigeria is nearing her grave with people like you, who have diverted the attention of her citizens away from their fundamental rights as the citizens, while waiting for your fake miracles that never comes. You will marry all the girls you have destroyed their lives very soon. Fake man of God. You are a man of gods. Not my almighty God.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by ABAKA72(m): 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
IYA NGBALI: no problem,dem fit dey fok non members sha? grin
You dey craz, Lol Lol grin
IYA NGBALI: no problem,dem fit dey fok non members sha? grin
You dey craz, Lol Lol :-D :-Dl
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by treasuredkid: 12:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by basisop(m): 12:08pm On Oct 05, 2012
bankylan: [
I have been married for two years now...and thank God I married from my Church, and thank God I have a job. It is not compulsory that you marry from your church, but it is very advisable. A lot happen in marriage nowadays,and the rate of divorce is very high. Feeding from the same fountain[Church] helps a lot. It has a way of making partners stay committed to their marriage...But the primary focus should be that both of you are of the same faith, and you are both born again Christians attending a bible believing church.

As regards marrying without adequate source of income, I will advise that a man should have a good job or lay a foundation for a good business before getting married. You will understand when you get married. The number one cause of divorce and strains in marriage is finance. Even the bible says a man that can not provide for his own house is worse than an infidel. Guys, you may not enjoy your marriage at all if you are poor. Your children are at higher risk if you are poor and broke. What legacy do you want to live behind for them. But the caveat here is that, if the man is not rich today, you don't need to disqualify him totally. Does he have potentials? This is what you should go for. If is rich now and gets stripped of all he has, does he have the character to stand high and still be himself. Above all, I will advise all young men to please prepare very well before they get married. But if you think money is not a factor..ask your dad, your mum or any married man.

I totally agree with Pastor Adeboye. He has seen it all, he has achieved a lot, he is a grandfather, and a spiritual father. He is a true servant of God. I tap into the grace of God upon him to be able to achieve and even do more than he has done.. For those saying negative words about him.....I pity your generations...and I cry for your you and your generations.....As a son of a prophet, I know the implications of this....

Don't cry for anybody rather cry for yourself. Are you God to judge the critics?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by COOLDUN: 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
aku626: They are very many incencitive people amongst us, i have heard this statement before in my church RCCG YES! They never said if you bring another girl they wont wed you guys, they are only trying to say that they have youths looking for spouses in the church and it would be very welcomed if you start your search within. My girlfriend isnt from redeem. Please watch your words before speaking someone said the decision of Adeboye is foolish hmmm, to say that to any individual is demeaning talkless of an elder or a man of God becareful so you don't end your future before it begins, I don't think God takes it lightly when you insult his servants wether he is right or wrong, if you have a different judgement do it your way. if people decide to folloew what he has to say let them follow its not your business, i'm a member and would get married to whom God says i should get married to.

Shut up if you don't have anything reasonable to say here. Men of your gods should know how to talk to the public. How a man who call himself a pastor make this kind of statements. Before his church many of those his captives were attending other churches if they were banned like that, will they be his members today? No man is happy to be jobless, family can be saved by the wife because both of them are the same flesh. Instead of him to preach real love between the couples he was there making this trash. If at all he said these things then he deserves to be insulted and called to other. Nothing will happen to anyone that insults him justifiably. If he can invest with the cash he has been lavishing on luxury lives, many of his church members would have been employed. He is supposed to be taken to the hospital, if he really made these nasty statements.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by hardbody: 12:14pm On Oct 05, 2012
slimdamatrix: Well, he's human. A man of God, yes! But he's still human. We re all bound not to be perfect always. Please don't say too much and bring curses on yourselves! Remember I said, he is a man of God!. *drops pen*

I am a christian (practical) and i believe in God. I however hate veneration of humans. Some preacher talks nonesense and you complain when people expose the stu.pidity in his reasoning. I do agree that the Bible says, 'marry only in the Lord', if your Adeboye is restricting marriage in the Lord to members of his congregation, has Christ then become divided? rather than see the folly of his argument, you are threatening people with him being a MOG, Man of God my yansh. Please ask him to curse me and let us see whether he has a faster access to God than I do and whether we do not both pass through the same channel namely Jesus Christ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

“Pastor Says Any Sex Position Apart From Missionary Style Is A Sin” – Lady / The Lords Chosen: Vikings Cult Leader Surrenders Gun & Accepts Jesus (Photos) / Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.