Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church (41968 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church / Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by peckers: 8:38am On Oct 05, 2012
ignis:
May God 4give you
thank God you said may God forgive me,i pray to God to give you that wisdom to realize that all these pastor are fake, because how can a man of God build a private university for reach people while he makes money from there to become a multi millionaire instead of him to build companies to employ many people, you've been brain wash
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by playcharles(m): 8:39am On Oct 05, 2012
If he actually said so, that man is an hypocrept and a shame to him and the church...
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by velo10: 8:40am On Oct 05, 2012
Yeah he is a Man of God doesn't mean he's not a man.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by peckers: 8:40am On Oct 05, 2012
philip stanley: ask google
the reply google send to me in his machine was that you need to take your pile
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 05, 2012
[quote author=Balkan]

My brother open your eyes. We are all men of God. I will not be surprised to hear this. You guys are now worshiping your pastors instead of your God. The Christ that I am following never preached that.

There is too much competiton among Pastors. They are interested in snatching members of other churches to be richer and bigger. They will not go and preach to BH who need to accept christ.

I don't believe in this pastors who are turning you fools into money making machines. I pity you church goers cos you have missed your way. Bc if you study your Bible no man will decieve you.

Please help carry the gospel to BH and stop typing nonsense
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by DonaldGenes(m): 8:40am On Oct 05, 2012
Mehn! That is his personal discretion to say,i beg to disagree with him on this Sir,am sorry God Didnt say so,We all are God's Children
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by hakeem4shi(m): 8:47am On Oct 05, 2012
Dignitary: I love Nigerians...

So gullible and sheepish!!!

Someone who is not a journalist, whose view is not authoritative..someone who has not elicited any evidence to show that Pastor Adeboye indeed said all he has alleged said the man of God said 'don't marry frm RCCG' and y'all believe!!! So sick!!!

Many have not only believed but they have started hurling insults at the man of God...Well, I now know the reason why so many ppl have problems without knowing the cause of their problems.

My friends, let's exercise caution when we talk about men of God!!! Even if u don't believe they are men of God, it will do u a whole lot of good if u exercise restraints...God can do anything to ppl that despise his prophets and pastors !!! He's a consuming fire!!!

Assuming but not conceding that he said all you said, I believe the context in which that was said must be considered too!!! Sincerely speaking, I believe Christians from different denominations can marry each other!!! My Bible does not tell me otherwise and I do believe that Pastor Adeboye will share this view since he allows Pastors from other churches to preach in RCCG!!!

But if indeed he said all these, it must not be isolated from the context in which he said it!!! It's end time guys...D devil is desperately Interested in bringing down men of God that are constant threats to his kingdom!!! DON'T ALLOW URSELF TO B USED BY THE devil
It is wen it comes to matter like this that u know one needs to verify facts,or know wen to know who should post wat,why are we so afraid of the truth all because we want to please humans? It is what he heard on TV and that he felt was not right,and he put it up for other pple to say one or two things. How many political issue or religious issue that u av commented on in this forum have been confirmed to be fact b4 u type ur derogatory comment? So because ur daddy GO now,we should not say what we think is not good? You Bette wake up,ur daddy G.O knows his children,and he only will answer his creator wen the time comes,and stop all dis ur attitude of attacking those who feels wat ur 'daddy' says was wrong. I wonder why he did not consult u b4 buying fleet of private jet and cars from your tighte-not sure of the spelling sef. Wake up.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Okukk(m): 8:47am On Oct 05, 2012
Does this really worth the front line? This moderator sef...
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by peckers: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2012
leave am shebi na only him member should not get married to each other? pls dont do it(R.C.C.G) so that wetin him dey take brain wash you will not spoil grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by bankylan: 8:52am On Oct 05, 2012
[
I have been married for two years now...and thank God I married from my Church, and thank God I have a job. It is not compulsory that you marry from your church, but it is very advisable. A lot happen in marriage nowadays,and the rate of divorce is very high. Feeding from the same fountain[Church] helps a lot. It has a way of making partners stay committed to their marriage...But the primary focus should be that both of you are of the same faith, and you are both born again Christians attending a bible believing church.

As regards marrying without adequate source of income, I will advise that a man should have a good job or lay a foundation for a good business before getting married. You will understand when you get married. The number one cause of divorce and strains in marriage is finance. Even the bible says a man that can not provide for his own house is worse than an infidel. Guys, you may not enjoy your marriage at all if you are poor. Your children are at higher risk if you are poor and broke. What legacy do you want to live behind for them. But the caveat here is that, if the man is not rich today, you don't need to disqualify him totally. Does he have potentials? This is what you should go for. If is rich now and gets stripped of all he has, does he have the character to stand high and still be himself. Above all, I will advise all young men to please prepare very well before they get married. But if you think money is not a factor..ask your dad, your mum or any married man.

I totally agree with Pastor Adeboye. He has seen it all, he has achieved a lot, he is a grandfather, and a spiritual father. He is a true servant of God. I tap into the grace of God upon him to be able to achieve and even do more than he has done.. For those saying negative words about him.....I pity your generations...and I cry for your you and your generations.....As a son of a prophet, I know the implications of this....

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by bankylan: 8:54am On Oct 05, 2012
[quote author=brito][/quote]I have been married for two years now...and thank God I married from my Church, and thank God I have a job. It is not compulsory that you marry from your church, but it is very advisable. A lot happen in marriage nowadays,and the rate of divorce is very high. Feeding from the same fountain[Church] helps a lot. It has a way of making partners stay committed to their marriage...But the primary focus should be that both of you are of the same faith, and you are both born again Christians attending a bible believing church.

As regards marrying without adequate source of income, I will advise that a man should have a good job or lay a foundation for a good business before getting married. You will understand when you get married. The number one cause of divorce and strains in marriage is finance. Even the bible says a man that can not provide for his own house is worse than an infidel. Guys, you may not enjoy your marriage at all if you are poor. Your children are at higher risk if you are poor and broke. What legacy do you want to live behind for them. But the caveat here is that, if the man is not rich today, you don't need to disqualify him totally. Does he have potentials? This is what you should go for. If is rich now and gets stripped of all he has, does he have the character to stand high and still be himself. Above all, I will advise all young men to please prepare very well before they get married. But if you think money is not a factor..ask your dad, your mum or any married man.

I totally agree with Pastor Adeboye. He has seen it all, he has achieved a lot, he is a grandfather, and a spiritual father. He is a true servant of God. I tap into the grace of God upon him to be able to achieve and even do more than he has done.. For those saying negative words about him.....I pity your generations...and I cry for your you and your generations.....As a son of a prophet, I know the implications of this....

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Reptyle(m): 8:57am On Oct 05, 2012
acidosis™:
These are his words.. live on DOVE TV.

Don't marry outside this church! Unless you're blind (men), we have alot of good girls in this church. Reasons : if troubles come up later, we can easily call the family to order..but God help you if you marry a lady with another G.O ..

He also said..

"Don't marry a man who has no job!. God gave Adam a job before he gave Eve. If he tells you he is a contractor, please ask for all evidence..

I am sure this was an advice that came out wrong...sounding like a command. My pastor says stuff like this all the time but its more of an advice. But seriously, I would not consent to my daughter marrying a man with no steady source of income...and I do not need my Pastor to tell me that.

Adam had a job tending the garden of Eden. If he didn't, Eve would not have been called a "helper" or "helpmeet"
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by peckers: 8:59am On Oct 05, 2012
bankylan: [
I have been married for two years now...and thank God I married from my Church, and thank God I have a job. It is not compulsory that you marry from your church, but it is very advisable. A lot happen in marriage nowadays,and the rate of divorce is very high. Feeding from the same fountain[Church] helps a lot. It has a way of making partners stay committed to their marriage...But the primary focus should be that both of you are of the same faith, and you are both born again Christians attending a bible believing church.

you start it well but you end it rubbish, now tell me are you God? and see the way a man of God is laying curse on people imagine generation, now answer me did you take cut off money from him?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Bolarge1(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2012
I'M STILL FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO BELEIVE THAT OR WHY HUSBAND AND WIFE SHOULD BE ATTENDING TWO DIFFERENT CHURCHES.

THEN THEIR CAN BE NO UNITY IN THAT HOME. DURING A MISUNDERSTANDING, THE HUSBAND WILL SAY IN MY CHURCH WE DONT BELIEVE IN THIS THEN THE WIFE WILL SAY THAT IS OUR OWN BELIEVE, THEN WAHALA DEY O O!

ON THE ISSUE OF WORK BE4 MARRIAGE, GOD PROVIDED EVERY THING ADAM NEEDED TO MAKE A HOME B4 EVE WAS CREATED. SIMILARLY MEN MUST BE EARNING A LIVING B4 THINKING OF A MARRIAGE.

BUT THE DEVIL HAS TURNED EVERYTHING UPSIDE DOWN MAKING IT DIFFICULT FOR MEN NOT TO GET A JOB IN OTHER TO DELAY MARRIAGES AND PUTTING MEN IN THE STATE OF FORNICATIONS TO AVOIDING GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS MAKER. THIS IS NOT THE PLAN OF GOD FOR MEN.

LET MEN PRAYED TO GET A JOB BE4 MARRIAGE IN OTHER TO FULFILL THE ORIGINAL PLAN OF GOD FOR MEN.

THE PRIDE OF A MAN IS HIS ABILITY TO BE FINANCIALLY STRONG TO CATTER FOR HIS WIFE AND FAMILY.

I THINK DADDY ADEBOYE IS RIGHT THOUGH I AM NOT A MEMBER OF HIS CHURCH.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by tyboy(m): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2012
MacDaddy01: Is Adeboye foolish?

Dont marry outside the RCC?

[quote author=MacDaddy01]Is Adeboye foolish?

U better watch what u say before the holy ghost fire consume u and ur kind
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Goldenheart(m): 9:07am On Oct 05, 2012
kacheezy:
Lol..Jesus had a job...he worked for a 'Non Prophet Organization'.
both of u are ret@rded...
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by manyfone: 9:10am On Oct 05, 2012

u must be a stupid boy for saying dat mumu boy
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by tunapawizzy: 9:20am On Oct 05, 2012
if truly Pastor Adeboye said that (which i strongly doubt) then i do not agree with him one bit
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:24am On Oct 05, 2012
Smart Mathematical move right there.. keeping it all in the family. this is Mafiosi strategy I tell ya.. tongue
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Aplusinnocent: 9:27am On Oct 05, 2012
well, he has his reason 4 saying dat. Is well

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Bosky65: 9:35am On Oct 05, 2012
Baba is only encourage singles to marry in the church.if you marry outside the church, Pastors will still wed you they will not flog you.There are a lot of sisters in RCCG that are looking for husbands, just a way of encouraging the singles.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by milky3(f): 9:37am On Oct 05, 2012
[quote author=Omo Alata
u are d 1 nt gettin it cos there is no rong spelling above.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 05, 2012
[quote author=bankylan

I totally agree with Pastor Adeboye. He has seen it all, he has achieved a lot, he is a grandfather, and a spiritual father. He is a true servant of God. I tap into the grace of God upon him to be able to achieve and even do more than he has done.

I'm sorry I didn't understand your first post.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 05, 2012
very supercial doctrine,so he has no love for the poor and does not want his members to assimiliate with the outside world,is this what jesus would have done?jesus gave his love and mercy to jew and gentiles,sad what this man is doing
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by ujukala: 9:49am On Oct 05, 2012
she never want to marry.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by aurenflani: 9:50am On Oct 05, 2012
slimdamatrix: Well, he's human. A man of God, yes! But he's still human. We re all bound not to be perfect always. Please don't say too much and bring curses on yourselves! Remember I said, he is a man of God!. *drops pen*

Why are u so quick to cautioned others that they will incur curses from your god by saying their minds about pastors but when it comes to mocking Jesus he will fight for himself?

Misguided reasoning, huh?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Yemotiroro: 9:51am On Oct 05, 2012
This generation amazes me. If you were a student under his tutelage when Dr Adeboye was a lecturer in UNILAG in 1973 (when a lot of NLers had not been born) would you have considered him an ignoramus. Is it that we are so uncultured that we have forgotten that the man in question (whether he truly said what is credited to him or not) is old enough to be our grand father.
Besides, as a man of God he does not speak to impose himself on his flock. I have known and studied him over the years. If truly he said this, it must be a problem-solving directive to contain the myriads of issues that come before him day by day. You need to be close to a man of his calibre to know how their hearts bleed for the errors and repercussions of wrong marriages. If you think this is not a wise counsel, then leave it. It's regretful how many young people think themselves wise until they fall into their own error.
The great undoing of today's youth is the inability to listen to, let alone distill the wisdom in the utterances of the elders. BTW I do not attend RCCG.
Just remember that what the elderly see in the horizon while sitting a youth will not see though he climbs the tallest of trees. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by dammytosh: 9:55am On Oct 05, 2012
peckers:
Now let put this into practical and let stop putting it in theory way, if i put you in a big house like 4 bedroom flat and i ask you to be sleeping there and clean it as well, i'm sure at lease you will need to clean it with water, mobbing stick, broom and some other things, without this nothing can be clean in the house, now tell me what God gave to Adam to use in clean the garden, no shovel, no packer, no rake and cutlass. i beg leave level nothing like contract joor

I am sorry. The food i shared is too much for your comprehension. Go look for your milk.

And to all of you who can not criticize without Cursing or saying unnecessary and vulgar words. I pity your generation. Go and read about what happened to the children that cursed Elisha in the bible.

Before you descend on me, i don't lick Pastors' ass and i speak my mind but i don't need to call names like fool, thieves etc. That is not freedom of speech it is being short of ideas and sound mind.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Holyrule(m): 10:02am On Oct 05, 2012
which kind advice be that one naaaaa
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by gator666: 10:04am On Oct 05, 2012
Is it the same so-called pastor who owns 4 private jets?! STFU.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by Yemotiroro: 10:06am On Oct 05, 2012
As for marrying a man without job, well, you have a choice. The other option you have is to go ahead and marry one without a job. Perhaps you will come back and sit at the feet of the MOG muttering 'I should have listened!' Pastor Adeboye would not blame a man who cannot find a job. Everyone know that the leadership of this country has failed in that regard. The real challenge is that many times we don't get a job because we are waiting for someone or an organisation to employ us. Wisdom demands that we look inwards and ask 'what else can I do?' and then go for it without allowing the excuse of capital, personal pride and peer comparison to hinder us. Start small, keep a good relationship with everyone and watch it grow.
There is a lot that can be done. Everyone can find something noble to.
Pray that your eyes be opened to see your place to fill instead of wasting time castigating a man who is already made.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church by crackhouse(m): 10:07am On Oct 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Verse plz?

If Adam was a Gardner before eve came about, why wasn't didnt he continue to garden afterwards?
u must Mrs. Patience's relation. How is she anyway?. Pls extend my regards to her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

“Pastor Says Any Sex Position Apart From Missionary Style Is A Sin” – Lady / The Lords Chosen: Vikings Cult Leader Surrenders Gun & Accepts Jesus (Photos) / Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.