Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport - Crime (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport (125320 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) / 3 Students Beaten To Coma For Stealing Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 8:44am On Oct 07, 2012
From my small visit to the environment many of the inner lanes don't have proper roads with street names so if you report a robbery by phone to 112 (the state toll free security line) before police will leave their functional stations of either choba or isiokpo and get down there - God just has to help you or simply just surrender all that you have to the robbers because not less than 90 minutes is going to pass before you start hearing the siren.

Some areas are simply not accessible no thanks to the very bad roads - this is the case of umuchuolu area, Nigerians are suffering o, especially in the rural interior areas. AMAECHI built one of the clinics on that road and even to get a baby down there for immunization is such a tedious process, the people are praying for dry season to come fast.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by seunajia: 8:44am On Oct 07, 2012
otokx: @seunajia

The unreserved apology would come after the government inquiry is concluded which will in effect give an official historical event of what transpired.

I feel I'm trying too hard to convict you and you're not being a man. A man apologises when he discovers his folly.

Jungle justice is bad and so also is kidnapping, armed robbery and cultism.

I hope we have all learnt and won't be too quick to judge/convict others in the future no matter what the allegations are; another thing MEN do.

The law MUST now take it's full course.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:45am On Oct 07, 2012
otokx:

and after they see it would that make you a better Nigerian? You are probably one of those with dual citizenship so it would not bother you.

what is better Nigerian, these kids tears need to be seen. Their story needs to be told. We must fight evil and not use Tribalism, Loyalty to nation or anything to cover evil and BLOODY MURDER. Evil is evil. When they were torturing and murdering these kids, were they thinking of being better Nigerian. Please God give the families and friends strenght

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ixora3(f): 8:47am On Oct 07, 2012
I had 2 follow this frm pages 1-44...this is saddening and the height of brutality.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:48am On Oct 07, 2012
otokx(m): 8:17am
@bliss4lyfe

you have started twisting words, typical of a biased human being. A judge decides a case not if a crime outweighs another.
That word, a judge decides a case says it all and i need not say more. We all know alot of factors are reviewed and considered in every case by a jury, including offences(crime)and jurisdiction before the final decision. So stop acting dumb like a Neanderthal. Mankind is suppose to have gone past that stage. Nigeria is not the civilized country it is suppose to be becos of Neanderthal reasoning.

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 07, 2012
obadiah777: lol let me tell you about this site. there are lots of demonic lurkers on this site. when bad news pops on the frontpage, you see the number of viewers jumps to like 500 or more. and the eerie part about it is that none of them ever comments. they just savor the bad news in silence. however with this bad news and the prospect of actually watching people get killed, they all came out of lurking, so many first time posters and people with no more than 20 posts all started requesting the videos and supplying something as private as their email addresses so the video can be posted to them. what does that tell you ? these are demonic people who enjoy this type of thing. they lurk behind every bad news and then start requesting videos of people getting killed LOL. i am amazed. lots of demonic sociopaths in nigeria
Exactly my thought, I don't know if you observed yesterday afternoon when you & Oyb were in the heat of action, the number of people viewing this topic soared, I saw alot of username I was very familiar with including some moderators, and I kept following the thread page after page looking forward to there comments, but no I didn't get it, all of a sudden when Otokx said he had the video, they started making request for it, I tell you most of them with that ID with less than 20 post are regular NLers who reserve that ID for missions like this... Salvagers

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 07, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

what is better Nigerian, these kids tears need to be seen. Their story needs to be told. We must fight evil and not use Tribalism, Loyalty to nation or anything to cover evil and BLOODY MURDER. Evil is evil. When they were torturing and murdering these kids, were they thinking of being better Nigerian. Please God give the families and friends strenght

i'm sure the residents of Allu also have their own horror stories of the tender mercies of armed robbers. this is what happens when people have no hope of getting any form of justice
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2012
seunajia:

I feel I'm trying too hard to convict you and you're not being a man. A man apologies when he discovers his folly.

I hope we have all learnt and won't be too quick to judge/convict others in the future no matter what the allegations are; another thing MEN do.

The law MUST now take it's full course.

Folly in this case is when an innocent person not remotely linked to a circumstance is accused and convicted of a crime he never even knew of which is definitely not the case here.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by freecocoa(f): 8:54am On Oct 07, 2012
otokx:

please i have not said the purported crimes of those boys is no longer the question, i have not yet said with all the purported misdeeds of GEJ that the purported crimes of ABACHA is no longer the question. You guys should come and interview victims of armed robbers and kidnappers in the aluu area; get of your high horse. This country must progress in truth and fairness.

i have also not watched or seen the video
Your point is till what I don't get.... but whatever rocks your boat.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by leboss6(m): 8:56am On Oct 07, 2012
otokx: Lot of churches along that road before and after the scene, relaxing near one now enjoying their choir practice, lots of youthful population around who are not actually students, one wonders what they are doing to keep themselves busy.
.........can u send to Lamidee101@yahoo.co.uk?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 8:59am On Oct 07, 2012
My point freecocoa is that we should be factual, al Mustapha may not be guilty of all he is being said to have done now but his hands are not clean and the people of Nigeria know and are just watching quietly. His friends have done all they can to say he should be released, that the case has been on for years, but the people of Nigeria are quietly watching. The family of the slain too are also quietly watching.

It is the same way the people are also quietly watching events here, it is who wears the shoe they say that knows where it pinches and NO jungle justice is not and never the way, there should be no excuse for engaging in such as its against the law but lets be factual, it occurs frequently across the length and breath of Nigeria.

May God heal all the families who have experienced trauma in these circumstances, the families and friends of the boys, the families and friends of the victims who were robbed and kidnapped in the Aluu area.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by realistically: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2012
seunajia: pDude and otokx, you guys owe us an unreserved apology. Imagine how oyb and yourselves convicted those boys without trial; Saying they were armed-robbers, they deserved what they got. blah blah.

You needn't watch the video to realise JJ is unlawful and barbaric.

One can excuse oyb because of the traumatic experience he recently went through. But you guys, why? Why for heaven's sake? Take another man's life without recourse to the law courts? In this day and age?

This case should be taken over by the NPF and the video used as evidence. All those involved, including those wicked elders should go through trial and get convicted if found guilty.

The next time I hear all you bloodthirsty-video-watching-folks talking about BH, ehn? angry
Useless country!
thank you very much!!!!that's what I was saying!!!!at the beginning Otokx was very sure that they were the robbers terrorising aluu??now he's talking about justice system and God?Like you said"Whyfor heaven's sake?"...where is our human nature

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Obinoscopy(m): 9:01am On Oct 07, 2012
otokx:

and after they see it would that make you a better Nigerian? You are probably one of those with dual citizenship so it would not bother you.

When the world sees it, it would expose the incompetence of our police and judiciary system. Thereby forcing our government to sit up. Incase you haven't realise, our government is much more concerned about how the international community view her than how we Nigeriam citizens view her
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:03am On Oct 07, 2012
Obinoscopy:

When the world sees it, it would expose the incompetence of our police and judiciary system. Thereby forcing our government to sit up. Incase you haven't realise, our government is much more concerned about how the international community view her than how we Nigeriam citizens view her

You are 100% on point here
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:04am On Oct 07, 2012
otokx:

please i have not said the purported crimes of those boys is no longer the question, i have not yet said with all the purported misdeeds of GEJ that the purported crimes of ABACHA is no longer the question. You guys should come and interview victims of armed robbers and kidnappers in the aluu area; get of your high horse. This country must progress in truth and fairness.

i have also not watched or seen the video

Is there any proof that these kids did those crimes? If there is let them show the world. If it is based on mere suspicions, those who accused these kids are more evil than the devil himself. No one should be murdered with REASONABLE DOUBT.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:06am On Oct 07, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Is there any proof that these kids did those crimes? If there is let them show the world. If it is based on mere suspicions, those who accused these kids are more evil than the devil himself. No one should be murdered with REASONABLE DOUBT.

Nobody should be murdered with or without reasonable doubt but should be handed over to the police.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:11am On Oct 07, 2012
@ realistically

stop twisting words, take on points and trash them out word by word, stop bringing up conclusions without premises to back it up.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:14am On Oct 07, 2012
You guys should be patient and allow the government to conclude its own investigation.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Mobinga: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2012
Any update?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by seunajia: 9:19am On Oct 07, 2012
oyb:

when you find yourself living in a situation in which robbers are running wild, and are never brought to book you will understand

Touché. As the Yorubas say, "eniti ija o deba lo n pe ara e lokunrin" (You can in the spirit translate this for me wink)

mob justice is a symptom of the frustration of all with the inability of constituted authority to protect citizenry

Is it then right or wrong? WRONG I say.

in a country where people have to do everything for themselves, are you really suprised that this is happening

Killing people for yourself too is fair then, no?

I have made my stance on self-defence/heat of the moment known.

i certainly don't need the excuse of a sheltered child like you who has never ad to confront bold doped up thugs who are confident that all you can do is 'leave them to God' lick your wounds, console yourself that it could have been worse, and leave them to rob, r-ape and maim another day.
I choose to ignore the bolded.

Again, there is a difference between self-defence and mob-action.

until we have a situation in which

1)police respond to distress calls within 10 minutes
2)70 - 80% of robbers are caught, prosecuted and jailed
3)the incompetence of police does not force communities to turn to the services of uncontrollable vigilantes

this will continue to happen.

Fine then, we can all take the law into our hands, encourage and join in taking human life-- no need for questions--like the savages that we are. God is in total support. huha!

there are debates going on in several closes in festac about whether to take the services of OPC or not - but in the end most people will choose opc, charms, bloodthirstiness and all, because it means people will be able to sleep with both eyes closed.

the real failure here is the government, who as otokx pointed out had several opportunities to intervene but did not.

you keep blathering about law courts as if nigeria is not a country where 90% of criminals go scot free, and 'repent' when they have made enough from people's misery. in 1998, we were robbed in ilorin. the theives were caught some months later, but nothing ever came of it. the police even recognized them as 'regular customers'- meaning they should have been in jail

the denrele fellow (serial r-apist) i keep talking about was arrested twice. nothing ever came out of that either. today he is happily married while his victims are still scarred.

God forbid, if you are robbed and meet the criminal in the station, have him tell you nothing will happen and that he will come back for you (this happened to a friend) - then you will understand the kind of frustration that drives people bestial and makes them inflict the pain that several robbers have wrought on anyone unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Employ vigilantes, defend yourself, berate the police, e-bash GEJ, don't support anarchy! angry

as to all our blather about innocence - the innocence of the boys is still not clear. all that has happened is that the waters have been muddied.

Why then kill them in cold blood?

if they were actually cultists, budding or otherwise, i feel no pity whatsoever for them

You're not alone with regards to cultism.

Cultism is bad, yes! Are you any better if all you advocate is killing them in cold-blood?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:20am On Oct 07, 2012
Obinoscopy:

Definitely my best comment of this thread. Thanks for such factual well thought statement. BETTER NIGERIANS INDEED.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2012
Will the government really sit up? Will it not be some political statements to be made and then in practical terms many steps would be taking backwards?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:24am On Oct 07, 2012
Mobinga: Any update?

Playahp is the one that normally comes up with updates from the police, the family business people, etc, etc, etc, just be patient and wait for him.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by litaninja(m): 9:28am On Oct 07, 2012
A lot of Nigerian citizens have lost contact with humanity. Taking the law into the public hands and burning up fellow human beings is the lowest of lows.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 07, 2012
Obinoscopy:

with all due respect, i think this is a retrogressive step. believe it or not white people are not on your side. while those of you in nigeria myopically see this as a good move, this however is more arsenal for whites to attack black people and treat and call them savages. this will be more reason to treat the black people all over the world as savages, even the innocent humane ones amongst us will recieve that crappy treatment as collateral damage. i think its time you people in nigeria see the western media for what it is, which is they are always seeking out everything negative about black people especially so they can plaster it gleefully on their news to justify and fuel treating blacks all over the world as subhuman. what you will be doing by sending this video is giving them ammunition for their anti-black propaganda. THE WHITE MAN IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. DONT BE FOOLED THAT HE IS. this is an issue that has to be dealth with IN-HOUSE. personally i suggest all the rich humane people of nigeria get together, donate a huge sum of money, give it to like 100 armed to the teeth army guys, and let them go to that town and shoot down everything that moves be it dog, cat, human. and then burn that town down. set it on fire. that town is bloody. it has to be cleansed with fire. BURN THAT SUCKER DOWN. but thats just my opinion if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by esere826: 9:33am On Oct 07, 2012
Guys and gals

This jungle justice act was definitely terrible.
But please lets ask ourselves some questions so we we dont come back here seasonally to discuss matters that should be tackled from its root

In the killing targeted at Boko haram that some southerners seem to be happy about. Have you asked why ALL the BH members are not arrested and brought to court?
have you cried and written so much when innocent people have been caught in the line of fire??
Have you said anything like the BH member is a new one with no blood on his hands yet?
When the northerners cry out, the southerners hush them. All because the southerners are more litterate with better access to news media

So we only emphatise and cry out when we see people that share similarities with us being on the receiving end?
This is the typical behaviour of the political class who only rise up when their kind is threathened

Common guys, let this be a lesson to all of us that we watch out for every other person in Nigeria despite class or tribe, lest such evil malady befalls those close to us
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:36am On Oct 07, 2012
obadiah777: with all due respect, i think this is a retrogressive step. believe it or not white people are not on your side. while those of you in nigeria myopically see this as a good move, this however is more arsenal for whites to attack black people and treat and call them savages. this will be more reason to treat the black people all over the world as savages, even the innocent humane ones amongst us will recieve that crappy treatment as collateral damage. i think its time you people in nigeria see the western media for what it is, which is they are always seeking out everything negative about black people especially so they can plaster it gleefully on their news to justify treating blacks all over the world as subhuman. what you will be doing by sending this video is giving them ammunition for their anti-black propaganda. THE WHITE MAN IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. DONT BE FOOLED THAT HE IS. this is an issue that has to be dealth with IN-HOUSE. personally i suggest all the rich humane people of nigeria get together, donate a huge sum of money, give it to like 100 armed to the teeth army guys, and let them go to that town and shoot down everything that moves be it dog, cat, human. and then burn that town down. set it on fire. that town is bloody. it has to be cleansed with fire. BURN THAT SUCKER DOWN. but thats just my opinion if you ask me.

Anders Behring Breivik, who admitted to killing 77 people in Norway, was shown by the White Media. We never saw them as lesser human beings. If the world seeing this will show how low Nigerians can get, let the truth be told. I thought the truth shall set us free. This story needs to be told. These kids can't die like that.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 07, 2012
Were they caught robbing anyone? Where are the evidences that they were the ones who have been terrorising Aluu village lately? Oh, just because they were strangers & happened to be in Aluu village at the wrong time now suggests that they were the criminals that have been terrorising the village? Who gave the villagers the right to execute them without proper investigation or reporting the issue to the police?

Some Nigerians are just savages, bloodthirty murderers! Truth be told, these kids do not deserve to be brutally murdered for any reason whatsoever!~ Just because you were once a victim of robbery doesn't give you the right to kill a robbery suspect! Why take the law into your own hands? The perpetrators of this evil act should be arrested and charged with first-degree murder, period!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ekoboy: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2012
sad
otokx: You guys should be patient and allow the government to conclude its own investigation.
Patient< when they are already dead. Why did they not wait for government to conclude investigation before killing them.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by seunajia: 9:46am On Oct 07, 2012
obadiah777: with all due respect, i think this is a retrogressive step. believe it or not white people are not on your side. while those of you in nigeria myopically see this as a good move, this however is more arsenal for whites to attack black people and treat and call them savages. this will be more reason to treat the black people all over the world as savages, even the innocent humane ones amongst us will recieve that crappy treatment as collateral damage. i think its time you people in nigeria see the western media for what it is, which is they are always seeking out everything negative about black people especially so they can plaster it gleefully on their news to justify treating blacks all over the world as subhuman. what you will be doing by sending this video is giving them ammunition for their anti-black propaganda. THE WHITE MAN IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. DONT BE FOOLED THAT HE IS. this is an issue that has to be dealth with IN-HOUSE.

I agree.

personally i suggest all the rich humane people of nigeria get together, donate a huge sum of money, give it to like 100 armed to the teeth army guys, and let them go to that town and shoot down everything that moves be it dog, cat, human. and then burn that town down. set it on fire. that town is bloody. it has to be cleansed with fire. BURN THAT SUCKER DOWN. but thats just my opinion if you ask me.

This would be against all we have been advocating against since yesterday.
There would be as many innocent folks out there as there are the bloodthirsty ones.

Although, most of the perpetrators would have spoken to their legs, I suggest our NPF/Army (for the sake of credibility) should raid the place, make arrest and hand over the suspects to an independent tribunal to be set up by the FGN.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 07, 2012
Horus: [size=17pt]Help stop the practice of mob lynching in Nigeria[/size]

The Petition

We URGE you to help stop the practice of mob lynching in Nigeria.
Almost daily, persons suspected of petty or serious crimes, including children, are subjected to the worst forms of brutal assault by mobs who take the law into their hands in apprehending, trying and convicting these suspects.
The mob actions often involve stripping the victims until they are stark Unclad, after which they are viciously beaten with sticks and all manner of cudgels until they die. On other occasions, used car tires (tyres) are hung around suspects’ necks and they are doused with gasoline (petrol) before being set ablaze while alive with onlookers standing by.

Thanks to the power of the Internet, information about these extra-judicial trials by angry mobs on the streets of Nigeria is shared on blogs and social media like Twitter and Facebook, revealing that these practices are more common than assumed. This year alone, several of such brutal applications of mob justice has occurred around Nigeria.
With your help we can put an end to these barbaric acts and ensure that legal processes are followed in the matter of arresting and prosecuting perpetrators of these obvious crimes.
We also seek to make sure that the Nigerian Police adheres strictly to the LEGAL processes in dealing with suspected criminals after arrests are made.

We are petitioning the following institutions and officials:

1. The Nigerian National Assembly
2. The Nigerian Inspector-General of Police
3. The Attorney-General of the Federation
4. State House of Assemblies
5. Governors and State Commissioners of Police
6. The Nigerian Presidency

Our Demands:

a. Make it a criminal act to facilitate or participate in any act of mob lynching.
b. The intended enactment must provide incentives for informants who witness and document such acts.
c. Provide budget for public enlightenment on this matter.
d. The Nigerian Police force be more transparent on issues regarding arrested suspects

We encourage you to sign this petition and to join us in compelling the Nigerian authorities to end bestial acts that debase our humanity and project a barbaric image of Nigeria. Help stand for human decency and the rule of law in Nigeria.

Thank You.

Link to the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/help-stop-mob-lynching-in-nigeria/

Petition signed.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 07, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Anders Behring Breivik, who admitted to killing 77 people in Norway, was shown by the White Media. We never saw them as lesser human beings. If the world seeing this will show how low Nigerians can get, let the truth be told. I thought the truth shall set us free. This story needs to be told. These kids can't die like that.

yes white people have a way of seeing white crimes on an individual basis but black crimes are painted on the whole black community. why do you think you as a black man are not welcomed anywhere in the world ? THE WHITE MEDIA. THE WHITE MEDIA INFLUENCES THE WORLD. THEY HAVE POISONED THE WORLD AGAINST US. russians and romanians commit more crimes than black people but they are fellow whites so their crimes are not publicized globally like black crimes. you have the white media to thank for all the crimes against black people globally.

and why do you need the white man to tell your story ? colo-mentality ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (52) (Reply)

Cult Leader, Jboy, Killed In Cross River (Photos) / Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.