Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport - Crime (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport (125317 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) / 3 Students Beaten To Coma For Stealing Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by seunajia: 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2012
Pele Tpia.

I'm tired of our hypocrisy as a people. I'm tired of two-timing Nigerians, I'm weary. Mofe sun die. Mii le para mi. Tskkk.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
otokx:

and after they see it would that make you a better Nigerian? You are probably one of those with dual citizenship so it would not bother you.

Why not? From your comments, they weren't innocent and had it coming.
It would be great to share our justice system with the world. Perhaps they may borrow a leaf.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by jswags(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
I THINK THEY WERE ACTUALLY TRYING TO FOLLOW THE FOOTSTEPS OF THEIR POLITICAL LEADERS BUT DIDN'T REMEMEMBER THAT THEY 'THEIR MENTOR' HAVE IMMUNITY CLAUSE PROTECTING THEM.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by jswags(m): 1:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
I THINK THEY WERE ACTUALLY TRYING TO FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THEIR POLITICAL LEADERS BUT DIDN'T REMEMEMBER THAT THEY 'THEIR MENTOR' HAVE IMMUNITY CLAUSE PROTECTING THEM.ITS A PITY.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
jswags: I THINK THEY WERE ACTUALLY TRYING TO FOLLOW THE FOOTSTEPS OF THEIR POLITICAL LEADERS BUT DIDN'T REMEMEMBER THAT THEY 'THEIR MENTOR' HAVE IMMUNITY CLAUSE PROTECTING THEM.ITS A PITY.

That is why they needed a fair hearing. All people can say is they think. That is what is absurd about this issue. They were murdered bloodily without anyone hearing their side of the story.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Vacora(m): 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2012
No one deserves to die in a such a cruel, barbaric and inhumane fashion. I despair for mankind and cannot understand why we will do this to each other. And most of these people will be in church this Sunday singing God is love. The same society where looters and corrupt officials are feted? where we have two tiered system of justice - one for the rich and another for the poor?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
An extract from Linda Ikeji's Blog:

[b]I am sure by now some of you have watched the video of the brutal beating death of the four University of Port Harcourt students - Ugonna, Ilyod, Tekana and Chidiaka, by the indigenes of Aluu community in Port Harcourt. If you haven't watched the video, please don't bother. It's the most gruesome and the most unbelievable thing I have ever seen. It will break your heart.

Now I'm convinced that we have lost our souls as humans. The youths of this nation did this. People's children. Beaten till they were unconscious, then set on fire. They said they were robbers...were they really? Even if they were, is this how to treat another human being? Are we this barbaric in this country?

Two of them were even cousins. Ugonna and IIyod. Both of them were upcoming rappers. Big L was the winner of a popular Rap Contest show on SilverbirdTV PH called 'Turb Show'. I have listened to some of his songs...I'm devastated.

We the youths of this country demand that the River State Government look into this matter and arrest everyone in that video. Except the government want to tell us that they have given the youths of Aluu power to arrest and kill indiscriminately. The Rivers government MUST make a scapegoat of the people who did this so it doesn't repeat itself. Next time, it could be my brother or your brother. My child or your child! We can't let this happen again.

So let's start a campaign #justiceforaluu4 until the Rivers States government does something about this!

Meanwhile, if you write any shitty comment supporting this act, your comment will be blocked. So don't even bother![/b]

Source: http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/10/justice-for-aluu-4.html

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2012
@realistically

continue twisting words, but the facts still stand, my stance has not changed, when the matter is concluded you will be sure to hear.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
Siena: An extract from Linda Ikeji's Blog:

[b]I am sure by now some of you have watched the video of the brutal beating death of the four University of Port Harcourt students - Ugonna, Ilyod, Tekana and Chidiaka, by the indigenes of Aluu community in Port Harcourt. If you haven't watched the video, please don't bother. It's the most gruesome and the most unbelievable thing I have ever seen. It will break your heart.

Now I'm convinced that we have lost our souls as humans. The youths of this nation did this. People's children. Beaten till they were unconscious, then set on fire. They said they were robbers...were they really? Even if they were, is this how to treat another human being? Are we this barbaric in this country?

Two of them were even cousins. Ugonna and IIyod. Both of them were upcoming rappers. Big L was the winner of a popular Rap Contest show on SilverbirdTV PH called 'Turb Show'. I have listened to some of his songs...I'm devastated.

We the youths of this country demand that the River State Government look into this matter and arrest everyone in that video. Except the government want to tell us that they have given the youths of Aluu power to arrest and kill indiscriminately. The Rivers government MUST make a scapegoat of the people who did this so it doesn't repeat itself. Next time, it could be my brother or your brother. My child or your child! We can't let this happen again.

So let's start a campaign #justiceforaluu4 until the Rivers States government does something about this!

Meanwhile, if you write any shitty comment supporting this act, your comment will be blocked. So don't even bother![/b]

all hail emperor linda ikeji

Source: http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/10/justice-for-aluu-4.html
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2012
Bwave: I thought you condemned the boys already, why are you asking for the government to sit up, when you have been going on as if the boys actually robbed you and you have all the evidence of their heinous crimes.Why have you been gleefully celebrating their ordeal? My friend you are pathetic.

asking a question and making a statement are two different things in English language.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2012
but truly if people are unable to comprehend English how are we to help them?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by realistically: 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2012
otokx: @realistically

continue twisting words, but the facts still stand, my stance has not changed, when the matter is concluded you will be sure to hear.
I have quoted your own words....hw have i twisted them?it is the same aluu you described i am describing very well here as well,if i go to Uniport now my 1st meal will be from my former security man's wife at aluu,I lived very well there,I mingled with aluu indigenes,their crimes against students are even worse because after robbing they go to their parents houses and they are protected by their community,it used to be that way in choba...way back indigenes will molest students anyhow, and the community will shield them from the police....at a point in choba when the thieves are slicing ur window net you will overhear ur landlord talkin wt d thief in ikwerre language asking the thief about his parents going on as if the thief is a carpenter fixing ur net meanwhile the thief is using a Parker attached to a stick to shovel ur indomie,tin tomatoes,ur handbag,ur phone!!!when students came together(both cultists and all) and attacked the indigenes,they stopped!!!....you were talking as if you knew it all.....apologise to those you insulted on this thread...tomorrow there'll be a peaceful protest at Uniport...try to give correct information......

3 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
realistically: I have quoted your own words....hw have i twisted them?it is the same aluu you described i am describing very well here as well,if i go to Uniport now my 1st meal will be from my former security man's wife at aluu,I lived very well there,I mingled with aluu indigenes,their crimes against students are even worse because after robbing they go to their parents houses and they are protected by their community,it used to be that way in choba...way back indigenes will molest students anyhow, and the community will shield them from the police....at a point in choba when the thieves are slicing ur window net you will overhear ur landlord talkin wt d thief in ikwerre language asking the thief about his parents going on as if the thief is a carpenter fixing ur net meanwhile the thief is using a Parker attached to a stick to shovel ur indomie,tin tomatoes,ur handbag,ur phone!!!when students came together(both cultists and all) and attacked the indigenes,they stopped!!!....you were talking as if you knew it all.....apologise to those you insulted on this thread...tomorrow there'll be a peaceful protest at Uniport...try to give correct information......

You are really desperate at painting the Aluu, Choba and all other Ikwerre people as bad but it won't work. The landlord of the place i stayed is not Ikwerre, neither is he from Aluu, as a Nigerian he bought land and built and rented it out.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by BizBooks(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
Siena:
...Beaten till they were unconscious, then set on fire. They said they were robbers...were they really? Even if they were, is this how to treat another human being? Are we this barbaric in this country?

They were not even unconscious before they were set ablaze. They were wide awake, trying to
get up from the ground while somebody was pouring more fuel to the fire. It was truly gruesome.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by obowunmi(m): 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
I get the strong feeling that people are supporting these boys because they're "Cute, handsome, and rich" and they have deprived some desperate Nigerians girls of their future husbands.

The way they died is indeed barbaric.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2012
obowunmi: I get the strong feeling that people are supporting these boys because they're "Cute, handsome, and rich" and they have deprived some desperate Nigerians girls of their future husbands.

The way they died is indeed barbaric.

You forgot to add "connected"
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Rheinmetal(m): 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
This here is a black thread; I have always been convinced that NL has its fair share of creepy-crawlies, but the woodworks been surely emptied. What a dizzying array of morbid characters- like vultures at the sniff of rotting carcass, black wings beating out the glare of the sun. It is indeed dark in here- a convention of the bizzare, an or.gy of oddities- in attendance were Psychopaths, Sociopaths, Sadists and Maso-sadists, Frat boys and reformed made men, and for honourable mention a closet necrophilliac. After reading some comments here I strongly recommend periodic psychiatric evaluation for all Nigerians, we do really have some confirmed schizos, psychos and split personalities walking freely amongst us. We have been collectively abused by inept and corrupt leaders, the country is a zoo and the law of the jungle reigns supreme.
Pray tell how a sane person can partake, witness or even revel in this gory mass murder? In a country bereft of mental health practitioners and institutions- where you are only "madd" when you are found in filthy rags foraging through a putrid pile of garbage-there is no justification for mob justice. And people are queueing up for videos? For blooody what? To wet their blood lust? Some fetish or a morbid trophy perhaps.

To the victims of violent crimes- we all are; the unbridled ra.pe of our commonwealth is breeding monsters amongst us. But we cannot allow these people to hurt our bodies and also our souls. We cannot lose our abilities to empathise for that we make us less than human and no animal has ever tamed a human. We cannot allow criminals to make us lose our humanity. We have to rise up with one voice and say ENOUGH to the madness that is our reality for the sake of posterity.

To all with emotional and mental scars inflicted on us by the criminal elements in our midst,may God give us the strength to heal, but the gory murder of these boys is a travesty of justice and must be condemned by any discerning mind.

6 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
otokx:

You are really desperate at painting the Aluu, Choba and all other Ikwerre people as bad but it won't work. The landlord of the place i stayed is not Ikwerre, neither is he from Aluu, as a Nigerian he bought land and built and rented it out.

Otokx i'd have to try hard to keep myself from hurting you if we were having this conversation in person.

If they are found innocent all your likes would say is "it's a pity".
Would that bring back people's pain, blood and sacrifices of many years?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
some-girl:

Otokx i'd have to try hard to keep myself from hurting you if we were having this conversation in person.

If they are found innocent all your likes would say is "it's a pity".
Would that bring back people's pain, blood and sacrifices of many years?

Please don't take it like that, there are over 100 direct victims of armed robbery, rape and kidnap attacks in the Aluu area and nobody is talking about them because they are not rich, influential or what. Even students living there have been victims so lets not paint a picture that is all black. Jungle justice is bad - agreed but when the not jungle justice is not available to the uneducated what do you expect?

Our prayer should be let us not be caught in the wrong place at the wrong time in suspicious circumstances, wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by cwashpam: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2012
May God have mercy on their souls.
they suffered and were beaten and if that were not enough set on fire, after the beating they all seemed dead but once set on fire began to crawl around again.
This is pure and utter wickedness, it did not have to go so far,
my heart weeps for them, and also for those who took a part in their killing, they are now murderers-yes anyone who had anything to do with thier beatings. may they never know peace.may those boys haunt them for ever.
i preally hope that they had time to repent as they were being beaten.
LET THIS BE A WARNNING TO ALL HEARTLESS PEOPLE WHO JOIN CULTS, THOSE WHO ROB, AND RAPE, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A PAYBACK DAY.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2012
Please don't take it like that, there are over 100 direct victims of armed robbery, Molestation and kidnap attacks in the Aluu area and nobody is talking about them because they are not rich, influential or what.

end of. none of the repeated and escalating armed robbery attacks in festac has made any form of news

not even when robbers invaded a highbrow hotel by breaking through the fenec and going from room to room. as usual the police were nowhere to be found - probably manning the checkpoint they set up outside their station

meanwhile everyone is living in fear.

i can only sympathize if it turns out these boys are wholly innocent - if it turns out they are cult boys, i don't give two whether they did not engage in any crime in the area - thats their karma.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2012
cwashpam:
LET THIS BE A WARNNING TO ALL HEARTLESS PEOPLE WHO JOIN CULTS, THOSE WHO ROB, AND RAPE, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A PAYBACK DAY.

yes - e fit be you tomorrow
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by cwashpam: 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
fit... But it wont , i dont do such or engage in such, neither do i support those who do.
i have aheart and a conscience.
i am not a giver of life so will never be a taker.
there is always a payback day.
thanks for your comments, even though i dont see the relevance.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by informatix: 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EndECCffTLA

[size=18pt]PLS. DONT CLICK ON THIS VIDEO(VIEWER DIGRESSION IS ADVICE)[/size]
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by obowunmi(m): 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2012
I hear riots have started in Aluu is this true??
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
cwashpam: fit... But it wont , i dont do such or engage in such, neither do i support those who do.
i have aheart and a conscience.
i am not a giver of life so will never be a taker.
there is always a payback day.
thanks for your comments, even though i dont see the relevance.

no vex, i was not referring to you - i was echoing your sentiments - all you aspiring cultists, robbers, pickpockets etal - it fit be you wey dem go burn tomorrow
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
obowunmi: I hear riots have started in Aluu is this true??

Well Aluu is a community of 5 - 6 villages and from my source on the inside a rumor just came in the boundary area that cult boys are harrassing people and JTF is coming and some people started running around the place like in helter - skelter but in the end nothing was happening. Sources can only report for about 3 of the villages as the other area is cut off due to bad road. A lot of words are flying all over the place, you know the usual talk. Everywhere is calm and people are moving about their normal life.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
Rheinmetal: This here is a black thread; I have always been convinced that NL has its fair share of creepy-crawlies, but the woodworks been surely emptied. What a dizzying array of morbid characters- like vultures at the sniff of rotting carcass, black wings beating out the glare of the sun. It is indeed dark in here- a convention of the bizzare, an or.gy of oddities- in attendance were Psychopaths, Sociopaths, Sadists and Maso-sadists, Frat boys and reformed made men, and for honourable mention a closet necrophilliac. After reading some comments here I strongly recommend periodic psychiatric evaluation for all Nigerians, we do really have some confirmed schizos, psychos and split personalities walking freely amongst us. We have been collectively abused by inept and corrupt leaders, the country is a zoo and the law of the jungle reigns supreme.
Pray tell how a sane person can partake, witness or even revel in this gory mass murder? In a country bereft of mental health practitioners and institutions- where you are only "madd" when you are found in filthy rags foraging through a putrid pile of garbage-there is no justification for mob justice. And people are queueing up for videos? For blooody what? To wet their blood lust? Some fetish or a morbid trophy perhaps.

To the victims of violent crimes- we all are; the unbridled ra.pe of our commonwealth is breeding monsters amongst us. But we cannot allow these people to hurt our bodies and also our souls. We cannot lose our abilities to empathise for that we make us less than human and no animal has ever tamed a human. We cannot allow criminals to make us lose our humanity. We have to rise up with one voice and say ENOUGH to the madness that is our reality for the sake of posterity.

To all with emotional and mental scars inflicted on us by the criminal elements in our midst,may God give us the strength to heal, but the gory murder of these boys is a travesty of justice and must be condemned by any discerning mind.

Brilliant! I Couldn't have said it better, God bless~!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2012
just remembered another horror story

since the nigerai answer to just about any misfortune is to tell the victim to bear with it and thank God and then throw in a story of someone else's misfortune

a colleague told me about how after a friend was robbed, the thieves carried away their two daughters to rape them in the bush.

one of the daughters was raped, one ran away into the bush and was shot to death.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by polokor60(m): 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
otokx:

Please don't take it like that, there are over 100 direct victims of armed robbery, rape and kidnap attacks in the Aluu area and nobody is talking about them because they are not rich, influential or what. Even students living there have been victims so lets not paint a picture that is all black. Jungle justice is bad - agreed but when the not jungle justice is not available to the uneducated what do you expect?

Our prayer should be let us not be caught in the wrong place at the wrong time in suspicious circumstances, wisdom is profitable to direct.
mr advocate for jungle justice i asked you a question when you were running your mouth that these young men were the one's terrorizing aluu community,you never gave an answer to that question which was and i quote you again''WHERE THEY CAUGHT IN AN ARM ROBBERY OPERATION??WHERE ARE THE WEAPONS IN THEIR POSSESSION WHEN THEY WERE ROUNDED UP??will they have executed them brutally if these boys were indigenes of aluu community??stop spreading false information about those boys,the indigenes of aluu(majority of the youths are bloody cultists,).listen you may try to paint them as arm robbers which they are not,but deep down you know you are a bloody liar.simply admit that you could not poison minds of nairalanders against these defencelesss young men that were dastardly murdered by blood tasty vampires in human skin.i once live in ph and i know rivers state like the back of my palms and i still have younger ones and friends that are students and staff of uniport.i got those pictures of these young defenceless from a student of uniport(i was the 1st person to post them here on nairaland because i wanted everyone to get the true story of what really transpired.you are very biased in your reports and i want nairalanders to ignore these heartless soul whom might be an indigene of aluu defending his fellow savages and barbarians.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2012
^ exactly, i suspect otokx is from aluu or ikwerre.

@oyb, you do realise that the killers' esp that sweat shirt guy's hands aren't clean, right?
They have killed many times, probably ex or present criminals

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
polokor60: mr advocate for jungle justice i asked you a question when you were running your mouth that these young men were the one's terrorizing aluu community,you never gave an answer to that question which was and i quote you again''WHERE THEY CAUGHT IN AN ARM ROBBERY OPERATION??WHERE ARE THE WEAPONS IN THEIR POSSESSION WHEN THEY WERE ROUNDED UP??will they have executed them brutally if these boys were indigenes of aluu community??stop spreading false information about those boys,the indigenes of aluu(majority of the youths are bloody cultists,).listen you may try to paint them as arm robbers which they are not,but deep down you know you are a bloody liar.simply admit that you could not poison minds of nairalanders against these defencelesss young men that were dastardly murdered by blood tasty vampires in human skin.i once live in ph and i know rivers state like the back of my palms and i still have younger ones and friends that are students and staff of uniport.i got those pictures of these young defenceless from a student of uniport(i was the 1st person to post them here on nairaland because i wanted everyone to get the true story of what really transpired.you are very biased in your reports and i want nairalanders to ignore these heartless soul whom might be an indigene of aluu defending his fellow savages and barbarians.

congratulations on being the first person to post the pictures of young defenceless ... you may wish to redirect your questions any and everywhere, i reported reports that armed robbers have been terrorizing aluu - if you have a problem with that too bad. You can keep keep on calling me names and all of that but truth has a way of standing tall and firm. I would love to be from Aluu and the ethnic nationality of Ikwerre, the people are very talented and hard working and their land is very green. You people can try all you want to convince all and sundry that Aluu people are blood tasty vampires in your own words but it will not work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (Reply)

Cult Leader, Jboy, Killed In Cross River (Photos) / Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.