Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight (1594 Views)

Are Ladies Moved More By Sight Or Words? / Which Is The Best:love At First Sight Or Gradual / Is It Love At First Sight Or Lust? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by BossLadyDiana(f): 10:25am On Oct 07, 2012
I find it appalling when people say they loved their spouse at first sight,love I believe is a feeling that grows over a period of time,it doesn't just happen instantaneously you could be captivated by something about the person which you lust over initially but getting to know the person a lot more than what you can see on the surface that first time and then getting over that initial crush to me is the definition of love,just saying though;I stand to be corrected if anyone thinks I am wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 07, 2012
different strokes for diff folks, u find it appalin doesnt mean its wrong, some pple dt followed ur presciption are divorced or sufferin in silence,durin courthship both parties will jst be pretendin about der person while some like my cousin born in canada was introduced to a 9ja gal, they married d nxt month nd are stil waxin strong, waat applied to one human doent apply to all
Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 07, 2012
Am loving you at "first sight" already if that is your photo on your profile! kiss kiss
Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by claremont(m): 11:25am On Oct 07, 2012
@OP: You are right about lust at first sight. I'm already hopelessly LUSTING over the lady on your profile picture.
Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by joey4jo: 11:28am On Oct 07, 2012
Its only a 'pickup line' if you like. I don't believe in it. You might see some one and get attracted at first sight but never love.

1 Like

Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by k2039: 11:33am On Oct 07, 2012

THEIR CAN ONLY BE ATTRACTION/LUST AT FIRST SIGHT,LOVE GROWS WITH TIME,BY KNOWING EACH OTHER

2 Likes

Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by k2039: 11:36am On Oct 07, 2012
BossLadyDiana: I find it appalling when people say they loved their spouse at first sight,love I believe is something that grows over a period of time,it doesn't just happen instantaneously you could be captivated by something about the person which you lust over initially but getting to know the person a lot more than what you can see on the surface, that first time and getting over that initial crush to me is the definition of love,just saying though;I stand to be corrected if anyone thinks I am wrong.

You are absolutely correct,atleast for a matures person that should be the trend.
Only babies and kids fall in love at first time,infact we dont fall in love,we choose to be in love(and you can only choose after much consideration on your partner,his character,passion etc)

1 Like

Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by BossLadyDiana(f): 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
Una be fool: Am loving you at "first sight" already if that is your photo on your profile! kiss kiss

@poster u really gt me laffin wif ur comment;
Dnt lust over me oh,I cud turn out 2b one vry bad babe,lol :
Looks cud really be deceitful u know
Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
k2039:

You are absolutely correct,atleast for a matures person that should be the trend.
Only babies and kids fall in love at first time,infact we dont fall in love,we choose to be in love(and you can only choose after much consideration on your partner,his character,passion etc)

don't know about you but I don't choose. It happens or it doesn't. If I had the choice I would have chosen someone else in the past. yet, good for you that you're in control of your feelings.
Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by aolorunda(f): 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
How can you choose the fall in love?? I'm not sure I follow that logic.. But then again everyone's entitled to their own opinions.. undecided
Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by BossLadyDiana(f): 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
eddyjibs: different strokes for diff folks, u find it appalin doesnt mean its wrong, some pple dt followed ur presciption are divorced or sufferin in silence,durin courthship both parties will jst be pretendin about der person while some like my cousin born in canada was introduced to a 9ja gal, they married d nxt month nd are stil waxin strong, waat applied to one human doent apply to all

Well I feel its a lot safer; settling for someone you know about and can vouch4 2a certain extent;though like most peeps say that even a mother can only vouch for the baby in her womb as the one straddled to her back could be up2 some mischief without her knowledge;the ish is this as regards matters of the heart use your head, open your eyes wide and choose right cos @d end of it all every tin falls bak2U,
Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by Goldieluks: 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2012
BossLadyDiana:

Lmao@una be fool.
Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by BossLadyDiana(f): 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
claremont: @OP: You are right about lust at first sight. I'm already hopelessly LUSTING over the lady on your profile picture.

undecided I am lusting over you back
Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by Rocktation(f): 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2012
Diana, why're you doing this to us
We're still waiting for you here;
https://www.nairaland.com/1064883/how-kidnapped-rituals-broad-day#12416794
Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by pendo89(f): 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2012
grin grin grin @ replies.Anyway,this is what I think.

We lust after what we see, but grow in love with what we don't see with the human eye.Lust to me stops at physical features, but love goes beyond that.
Physical stirs up lustful feelings.It wants instant gratification, but love is gradual,connects with emotions/character and is not greedy.

It's therefore possible to lust without love but it's not possible to love without lust.
Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 07, 2012
BossLadyDiana:

Even if looks could be deceiful, that your smile doesn't look deceitful at all... kiss

Oh holy gush! I am lust loving someone at first sight

1 Like

Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
BossLadyDiana:
I find it appalling when people say they loved their spouse at first sight,love I believe is a feeling that grows over a period of time,it doesn't just happen instantaneously you could be captivated by something about the person which you lust over initially but getting to know the person a lot more than what you can see on the surface that first time and then getting over that initial crush to me is the definition of love,just saying though;I stand to be corrected if anyone thinks I am wrong.
I told my friend exactly the same thing. I think it is lust at first sight and not love at first sight. It takes more than first sight to get to know and love a person. You can't just love a person the moment you see them. You can only lust over them at first sight. Lusting in the sense that you are attracted to them and you want to get to know the person and all. That is my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
Love is a continous process, it grows, like a seed, it will germinate, mature, and bear fruits
You can meet a person for the first time and be attracted to them.

1 Like

Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by BossLadyDiana(f): 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
I still tink we r all saying one and the same thing the only difference is in the grammer; contextually the bottom line is Lust first then love comes later as the relationship progresses;you can not love a person you barely know gbam!!!
Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by BossLadyDiana(f): 7:15am On Oct 08, 2012
Rocktation: Diana, why're you doing this to us
We're still waiting for you here;
https://www.nairaland.com/1064883/how-kidnapped-rituals-broad-day#12416794

I am really sorry Rocktation, the delay isn't intentional I would post an update on that ASAP
Re: Love At First Sight Or Lust At First Sight by Rocktation(f): 9:14am On Oct 08, 2012
Kk. smiley

(1) (Reply)

My Best Friend's Wedding / Hw Would U Lyk,ur Partner To Propose To U,and Where? / How Will You Feel If Your Wife Do This On Your Wedding Day..(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.