Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up (18327 Views)

Patience: I Haven't Packed Out Of Aso Rock / Another Plane Crash Averted As Arikkair Plane Engine Exploded Mid Air / Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Areaboy2(m): 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
Castos: 35000 ft in the air when one engine failed!!!! And u no fear!! Tell us the truth, why u no come fear. Abeg how u take pack urself?

The only thing you will notice is the noise reduction and the reduced time flight (since we had to land immediately).

true my heart beat increased, but the difference here is we were high up in the air. This case no even take off

I've read of cases where both engines failed (well, fuel finish) at 40,000ft and the pilot still glided his aircraft to the ground safely
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
The menace of Molues in the sky has become our portion in Nigeria. When you fly in those, you're temporarily regarded as dead until the Molue-with-wings manages to land safely due to God's grace more than anything else.

No wonder there are more churches than schools here. Nigerians needs God's active presence and participation more than any other country.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by kenostika(m): 9:36pm On Oct 08, 2012
Next time they should push it,maybe the engine will start.

2 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Redstone(m): 9:39pm On Oct 08, 2012
Multiple plane engine failures only points to one thing, bad fuel, adltrated fuel, substandard duel, just name it. I think the aviation industry needs a total audit of the quality of fuel which is used to run this aircrafts.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by bunmikay(f): 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2012
Thnk God, am tired of all the bad news in dis country from boko haram,flood, student killings. I jst thnk God and pray 4 divine intervention from God cos we nid it fast and now.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Areaboy2(m): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2012
Redstone: Multiple plane engine failures only points to one thing, bad fuel, adltrated fuel, substandard duel, just name it. I think the aviation industry needs a total audit of the quality of fuel which is used to run this aircrafts.

fuel problem is just one of many issues that may arise! dont make it sound like that is the only problem. You are misinforming the masses undecided

1 Like

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by SisiKill1: 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2012
I guess people should start taking only flights Redeemed Pastors are booked on, yes?

Thinking to self
So after praying that he and his wife should not die. . .Did the Pastorman make a clarion call for the importance of air safety? Did he speak out against the reckless disregard for people's lives? Did he form a group of concerned citizens for the proper airline inspection guidelines? Did he do anything at all or did he just thank God for his own life and moved on?

Sure, tomorrow another plane can crash but hey as long as his he and his wife are not that flight, as long as it does not interrupt the heavy bounty from Thanksgiving Sunday Service, it does not concern him. Let the next crash victims to be pray to their God too gaddamit! angry angry

I tell ya, with Pastors like these. . .the devil does not need a Branch in Nigeria. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by mrperfect(m): 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
Thank God almighty that all is well.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
kenostika: Next time they should push it,maybe the engine will start.
this ur pisure funny die! grin
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Castos(m): 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2012
Area_boy:

The only thing you will notice is the noise reduction and the reduced time flight (since we had to land immediately).

true my heart beat increased, but the difference here is we were high up in the air. This case no even take off

I've read of cases where both engines failed (well, fuel finish) at 40,000ft and the pilot still glided his aircraft to the ground safely
Which book be that abeg?
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I guess people should start taking only flights Redeemed Pastors are booked on, yes?

Thinking to self
So after praying that he and his wife should not die. . .Did the Pastorman make a clarion call for the importance of air safety? Did he speak out against the reckless disregard for people's lives? Did he form a group of concerned citizens for the proper airline inspection guidelines? Did he do anything at all or did he just thank God for his own life and moved on?

Sure, tomorrow another plane can crash but hey as long as his he and his wife are not that flight, as long as it does not interrupt the heavy bounty from Thanksgiving Sunday Service, it does not concern him. Let the next crash victims to be pray to their God too gaddamit! angry angry

I tell ya, with Pastors like these. . .the devil does not need a Branch in Nigeria. undecided
pastor and im wife no wan die but dem wan go heaven! Laff wan burst my belle!
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by PosCaricature: 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2012
mu2sa2: How can u say plane crash averted when d plane never left d ground! After all even if one engine had failed mid-air the other engine(s) are there to stir d plane. Please moderator this headline is misleading.
The Chief Pilot talking.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Guk: 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2012
Castos: Which book be that abeg?

"The Boeing 777 pilot, named later as Peter Burkill, 43, said he had lost all power and had to glide the plane in to land" http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7194086.stm
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by denitro(m): 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
mu2sa2: How can u say plane crash averted when d plane never left d ground! After all even if one engine had failed mid-air the other engine(s) are there to stir d plane. Please moderator this headline is misleading.

Then you hadn't heard of China Airline flight 006 1985

One engine failed in mid air, causing the plane to roll to the right.
The captain immediately disconnected the autopilot but the plane had rolled over 60 degrees to the right
and the nose had begun to drop....

The plane was few hundred feets from crashing into the ocean before the pilot regained control.

NB:
Most planes used by Aero, Arik etc are two engine planes.
One fails, there will be too much power on one side of the plane causing the plane to roll.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Areaboy2(m): 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
Castos: Which book be that abeg?

http://avherald.com/h?article=42cfef9d

actually, just search google, them plenty to read

if you are indeed lazy to read, here's a video for you
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Areaboy2(m): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2012
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nuezha(m): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2012
berem: Why dem no push the plane make the engine start? shey the plane na manual abi automatic? "Just asking"

Ask hard................!
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2012
Another Danger Averted. Thank Goodness.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Urch90: 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2012
Glory be to God,for dictating the fault in time,plane crash is nver our portn,cudos to that pilot.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by luc26(f): 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2012
U don highh chai!!! cheesy cheesy

berem: Why dem no push the plane make the engine start? shey the plane na manual abi automatic? "Just asking"
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by PosCaricature: 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2012
Redstone: Multiple plane engine failures only points to one thing, bad fuel, adltrated fuel, substandard duel, just name it. I think the aviation industry needs a total audit of the quality of fuel which is used to run this aircrafts.
Plane engine failures only point to ONE thing: bad fuel, adulterated fuel, substandard fuel. You said one thing but how many things have you mentioned so far? Oga senior Pilot!
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by lastpage: 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
I guess in four engine planes, the failure of one engine or even two (one of each pair on either side), can still be managed by an experienced Pilot.

But most of our local flights use two engine planes (one on each side) and the failure of one will cause so much "roll" that the plane would 95% of the time, CRASH.

if we want to make comparisons, lets compare like with like.
Now show me how many single engine planes (one on each side) survived an engine failure while fully airborne?

That plane should have been properly checked before passengers board...... and the problem detected earlier.

If that has been done, all these "fear and near mishaps" could have been avoided.

Lastpage1
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Areaboy2(m): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2012
denitro:

NB:
Most planes used by Aero, Arik etc are two engine planes.
One fails, there will be too much power on one side of the plane causing the plane to roll.

That's not true, if you're not sure then don't misinform people.

Aricrafts are designed to fly with loss of one engine. The roll experienced by China Airline flight 006 had a deeper cause. The roll only occured a few minutes after they lost one engine and hence not a result of thrust imbalance
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by cesil92: 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2012
Sun of god: So no checks were made before the plane was boarded?

Clearly another maintenance failure.

And why do so called men of god fear death so much?

Even Elijah, Nathan, Peter and many more in the bible feared to die xo abeg find anoda question ask.

Even hard men dey fear death including U.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Areaboy2(m): 10:14pm On Oct 08, 2012
lastpage: I guess in four engine planes, the failure of one engine or even two (one of each pair on either side), can still be managed by an experienced Pilot.

But most of our local flights use two engine planes (one on each side) and the failure of one will cause so much "roll" that the plane would 95% of the time, CRASH.

if we want to make comparisons, lets compare like with like.
Now show me how many single engine planes (one on each side) survived an engine failure while fully airborne?

That plane should have been properly checked before passengers board...... and the problem detected earlier.
If that has been done, all these "fear and near mishaps" could have been avoided.

Lastpage1

[size=13pt]Please stop this misinformation!! its annoying[/size]! angry

1 Like

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
People of Nigeria, a plane can be flown with one engine and landed safely. Too much hoabaloo over nothing here. And I noticed that some of us lack analytical skills to the point of reacting to everything in the same boring religious way.

1 Like

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Edunwa302(m): 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
God thank soo much, nt again n not in nigeria for ever Amen
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nuezha(m): 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I guess people should start taking only flights Redeemed Pastors are booked on, yes?

Thinking to self

Come again.................................................................................................!
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by johnstar(m): 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2012
Dat woman funny sha grin grin grin, dm 4 open d door 4 d woman nw, make she jump down cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by dabrake(m): 10:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
Castos: That's it!!! You've nt seen a close plane talk less of entering one in ur wild life. "why dem no push the plane" abeg hold ur mouth jaree if u no sabi anything. I ma ro ebe ndu mmadu di.
all in a bid to be recognised and chop some 'like', you left your sense of humour and appeared so foolish. Well, i now know you exist. *pours 50g of 3-weeks-of-unbrushed-mouth saliva on castos*
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Lero15(m): 10:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
Area_boy:

no it wouldn't. even when both engines fail, an aircraft still has a chance of landing safe if there's an airport within range.

of course it is important to note that engine failure after V1 ("no return" speed) might lead to an inevitable crash
shey u b pilot ni?
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by phreakabit(m): 10:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
toba: Posted by: Gbenga Omokhunu
Posted date: October 08, 2012
In: News | comment : 6

An aircraft engine packed up shortly before take-off at the Murtala MuhammedAirport in Lagos.

The early morning Abuja-bound Aero Contractors plane was set for take-off at 6:45am when the flight was aborted because one of the engines had stopped working.

There was panic inside theaircraft whose door had been locked in readiness for take-off.

A woman shouted for the door to be open for her to disembark, it was learnt.

A pastor of the RedeemedChristian Church of God (RCCG), Olumide Adeleye, who was aboard the plane,relived the experience in Abuja yesterday.

He said: “We had already boarded the plane scheduled for 6:45am. It was filled to capacity, ready for take-off when the pilot announced that one of the engines had packed up.

There was panic, but people also thanked God that the engine did not fail in the air.

[size=20pt]“A woman was just shouting ‘please open this door before I break it![/size]’. I was travelling with my wife and within me I was saying, ‘God it is not my portion and that of my wife to die’. I immediately remembered the Dana crash that happened, also on a Sunday. Fear

“The Murtala Muhammed International Airport , Lagos, was thrown into confusion as some passengers were contemplating on refund ofmoney. Even when another airline was ready to fly, passengers were insisting that the authority must properly check the plane, test-run it, before take-off.

“I booked the 6:45am flight so as to get early to church as the pastor of my parish in Abuja, to preach and preside over the thanksgiving service and dedicate a set of twins, which I did.

“I thank God for a successful journey back toAbuja. I was just imaginingwhat people would have been telling my children about their father and mother.”

The airline said the action of the pilot was in order.

A spokesman of the airline,Mr. Simon Tumba yesterday said as a safetycurious carrier, the airline withdrew the aircraft to safeguard the interest of the passengers and crew.

Tumba said such precautionary steps were necessary for the safety of the passengers and crew, which is part of the routine in the safety measures at the disposal of the airline.

[size=18pt]I Read that line while envisioning a fat angry, scared and obviously shaken lady. . . . Couldn't help but laugh hard, even though I shouldn't!

On a serious note Thank God nothing happened though. Nigeria needs to overhaul her aviation sector. . . . If there is one.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TSA: Reps Uncover N21bn, $104.46m Undeclared Funds In 2 Banks / Kano Rally: PDP Accuses APC Of Smuggling, Demands Investigation / Babachir: Muslim-muslim Ticket Designed To Kill, Oppress Northern Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.