Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address (13303 Views)

Buhari To Announce Ministerial List During Oct 1 National Address- Breakingtimes / President Jonathan To Address The Nation Tomorrow By 7am. / Oyo State Govt Declares 7pm To 7am Curfew With Immediate Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Kiddies20: 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
Action without thinking are the reasons behind every failures! We shoukd Watch every words that may come out of our mouths before commenting on nairaland. Lets be careful on how we abuse people on higher authority to avoid attracting the wrath of God to ourselves! Furthermore, we should sympathise those going through some certain challenges like those of the flood victims. There is no amount of money that can be commensurate to what they lost, lives and properties. I think that the president in his wisdom has done exceedingly well. And i pray tha t God will see them through. Amen.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by bigmaut: 8:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
Foxybone: Na which kind nonsense una dey post for here... **Runs swiftly and rewinds the radio to see if President Jonathan spoke about the change in price of Una-know-na but was disappointed** So, how e carry concern me how president Jonathan go carry manage flood... Mtchwww..... grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg, make una free me jor... With all this front page post... Mtchwwww angry angry angry angry
do u know that the flood disaster will affect d price of garrri & ewaa(beans) nxt yr ma advice stock up ya supply naw! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by bigmaut: 8:07pm On Oct 09, 2012
Foxybone: Na which kind nonsense una dey post for here... **Runs swiftly and rewinds the radio to see if President Jonathan spoke about the change in price of Una-know-na but was disappointed** So, how e carry concern me how president Jonathan go carry manage flood... Mtchwww..... grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg, make una free me jor... With all this front page post... Mtchwwww angry angry angry angry
do u know that the flood disaster will affect d price of garrri & ewaa(beans) nxt yr even thugh am not a prophet ma advice stock up ya supply naw! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Hardfact: 8:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
Rhetorics? Rhetorics will take us nowhere.
Action- Positive Action is what we need.
What will save Nigeria is more action, less talk!
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by romi: 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
Let me state futher that i pray that the *alledged funds* been raised by the DANGOTE's committee should NOT be DIVERTED by GOVERNORS/NEMA OFFICIALS o, cos it mite likely happen, this committee might just be an avenue to do that
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by nagoma(m): 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
ige101:
u have nothing to say brother

You got it! Just like the President.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by mortee: 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2012
We should learn to be reasonable when it comes to things happening in this country. The op was right to have expressed his feelings about the President's speech, and he is entitled to his own personal opinion about it. We should stop all this form of verbal violence because this is the way it starts before it degenerates into acts of butchery and savagery.
In the midst of all the unseen wars raging in this country, the President shouldn't have limited his address to just flooding. While it is true that it is a pertinent issue too, I feel he should have at least briefly touched on some of those things really hurting Nigerians and which a word or two from him could help ease some tension. Of a truth, the problem we have in this country is lack of people skilled in the art of leadership. SMH
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Naijagunner83: 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2012
musKeeto: I was disappointed. I thought he wanted to announce Dame's death...

Just a repeat of the usual Nigerian response to adversity: Spend more money...
You're filled with so much hate that you wish a woman who could have been your own mother dead? God will continue to disappoint you.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by romi: 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2012
On a lighter mood..... I want to thank
Hon. Seun Osewa,
the moderators,
Nairaland crew et al
My Parents
Extended family
Nuclear family
My Church members
MY Teachers and lecturers(esp those that believed in me)
all my critics for strenghtening me the more

All this Thanks just because i made front page for the first time after Years of joining the Nairaland Forum
thanks! thanks!! thanks!!!

Lest i forget.... I know insult go soon follow from FRUSTRATED NITWITS now o
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by ZeusI: 11:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
I have lost all confidence on Nigerians as they did, do, and continue doing their leaders. If every Nigerian leader is being accused of one, two or all of the following: Nepotism, kleptomenia, tribalism, corruption, embezzlement, negligence etc. Then every Nigerian is so, and i must think of another country Ijaw Republic? Federal Republic of Biafra? Or U.S(i'd prefere the first two coz the latter seem to have met a worser state of Nija sickness)wink;(
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Chomzy19(f): 11:33pm On Oct 09, 2012
freecocoa: To think I woke up early enough and turned on my radio(which almost never happens) just to hear what he had to say, saying I was infuriated after the speech is an understatement.
I don't understand what good that broadcast is supposed to do us, how does Dangote and Wale Adenuga even come into play sef? Someone please enlighten me.
dey have money 2 donate dt u DONT, dt is hw dey cm into play, n as 4 d gud it does u? None, bt it sure does thousands of pple who lost everythin 2 d flood some good.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Chomzy19(f): 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2012
Luckki1001: @ Op my bro, I tire for the "speech" this morning. When can we ever have a president like Obama? It was very obvious that Retardeen was reading from a screen, reminding me of those days when we dey read from our Slates a.k.a "ipads" in our primary school days. I knew the main subject will be the flood sweeping across the country, which is fine by me, but to not even mention anything about security in this country, in light of the ALUU incident, beats me. And to cap it all up, it ended as a money-sharing avenue for him and his cohorts! Terrible! We seriously need another president, and shouldn't wait for another four years to get rid of the myopic retard currently posing as our president.
honey, d only person wif a myopic view here is u, d only national disaster in nig is BH n d flood, d ALUU4 killin is nufin national, barbaric though it is, d president ha no bizness givin a national broadcast cuz of d death of 4 pple, luks lyk u will b d one 2 share d money 4 dem
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by klas(m): 12:05am On Oct 10, 2012
Given that the much of the flood happened in September and the president had made a national broadcast on october 1st in which he surprisingly left out the issue of the flood; better strategy would have been presidential visit(s) to flood ravaged areas where he would simply announce the package.

BTW, what is the source of funds that he announced. If it is not already budgeted for, when will the national assembly approve the supplementary budget for the disbursements to be made in time?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019 Polls: Vote PDP All The Way – Ex-governor Chimaroke To Enugu Residents / APC Heads To Appeal Court Over Disqualification Of Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo / Reps Mull Reduction Of 428 Ministries, Departments & Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.