Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address (13302 Views)

Buhari To Announce Ministerial List During Oct 1 National Address- Breakingtimes / President Jonathan To Address The Nation Tomorrow By 7am. / Oyo State Govt Declares 7pm To 7am Curfew With Immediate Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by GreenJ(m): 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
atuboweke:

YOU MUST BE FROM THE YORUBA TRIBE.......

Also to remind you that its someone from "THE YORUBA TRIBE" that has made available the opportunity
for MU MU like you to spew up rubbish on the net! ode, olodo, omo iran kiran.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Dpeacemaker101: 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
gp66: i have been studying comments on Nairaland with regards to the Presidency. It is only when issues concerning d president arise that some nairalanders wants to show that they went to sch. They always use insultive words on the president and even any supporters of the president. As for me, i will keep praying for the President and his cabinet to help this nation out of her challenges, to make this nation a better place. On my own part i will do my best not to jeopardize govt efforts. I will give my contributions in any aspect to make Nigeria move 4wd. God bless u, God bless Nigeria!
God bless you for your prayers and thoughts towards our president and country, it's our country and we must all keep the hope alive. Don't mind all those unreasonable swalerts

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by candieangel12(f): 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
Nna nawa oo 4 NL folks. There is not a thread that I have come across on this NL without someone insulting sumone. Y cant we act like civilized human beings? Some people act as if it is wrong 2 voice opinions, they start attackin ppl wit insults. Im members on many American forums n I have yet 2 see any where d members insult d way we do on NL.

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by onyxo76(m): 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
i expected him to mention something about the recent student murders in mubi and uniport. correct me if am wrong but i think he finished from uniport and lectured there before going into politics .
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Bukkyade: 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
The speech was on point, cause the flood issue needed to be addressed, and for those appointed to be in the committee are well deserved. We need to overcome this flood issue once and for all. And for those who don't like the action taken by Mr President, you can go jump into one of the flooded areas and you can tell the rest
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by solomonkane(m): 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
What is 1% of 2.472 trillion naira? That is how much is allocated for Ecology in every budget. Governors, GEJ and ministries for the environment; what did you do with the money? The ecology fund has been used in the same way over the years as the PTDF: a secret, unseen cash cow for thieving politicians and civil servants. Have no issues with most of the names: Dangote, U.S.A.I.D, D.F.I.D, EU et al but like we all know: A committee is a collection of the unwanted, chosen by the unwilling to do the unnecessary". Am out!!!!
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by rayamayo: 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2012
romi: Let me add that this is my opinion/view about the broadcast o, he didnt literarily talk about sharing money BUT this is the connotative meaning as far as i am concerned, everyone is free to comment and are also entitled to thier own opinion

Romi, u are rite. a committe with a one yr term of reference for an ongoing disaster is funny. After the disaster has completed its action on the victims, the committee will then come out with a report that will take a further one year to study and another one yr to mobilize for implementation ---------on and on and on. Mean while, the citizens including the victims would have lost track of the committee existence and GJ may have gone out of the system or gone for a second terms. At d same time, d fund may have been diverted for other things-possibly election and so bla bla bla bla vicous circle.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Bukkyade: 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
ngooka: The president speech was a welcome and sign that he is following up with happenings in the country, its now left for the affected state to follow up and see the money get to them
that is the part am really concerned about, I hope the funds serve its purpose and not get into someones pocket.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by EXCELLENCEAbia: 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2012
well he had freed his mind and i like that. even i don't like what he said and start shouting who cares? let me save my finger and brain till when i have the chance to speak
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by barikay: 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2012
freecocoa: To think I woke up early enough and turned on my radio(which almost never happens) just to hear what he had to say, saying I was infuriated after the speech is an understatement.
I don't understand what good that broadcast is supposed to do us, how does Dangote and Wale Adenuga even come into play sef? Someone please enlighten me.
those guys are not hungry so instead of entrustin these fund into the care of hungry thief...
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by taharqa: 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2012
Yaya6: one thing we have failed to learn in this country is how to appreciate our leaders. The way things are done in America far different from the UK and not to talk of Nigeria with dynamism in ethnicism. GEJ is doing is best has the leader, and we need to just support him to get the best.
GEJ does not need the support of MOST of d people criticizing( running their mouths) here. There is really no need cos they are 'Pledgers' ie their minds are already made up; plus they do NOT COUNT. This is d only thing that they can do- complain away. I feel for them
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Twoboys: 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
musKeeto: I was disappointed. I thought he wanted to announce Dame's death...

Just a repeat of the usual Nigerian response to adversity: Spend more money...

Be careful what you wish for others.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Twoboys: 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
semit: are there no better people who can supervise these projects?

Like you I suppose?
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by BeraBera(f): 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
Twoboys:

Like you I suppose?
Gbam!!! Ask him/her
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by isaco(m): 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
romi:

Let me EDUCATE and ENLIGHTEN you that the reason for this post is for everyone to share thier views
If you didn't like my view, you can simply disagree or keep quiet if you have no view to share
If you are Frustrated simply look for someone else to vent your anger on as i refuse to join issues with both of you
you too insulted the president now, why wont they do same for you.

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by isaco(m): 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2012
Flood is a serious issue.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by NovusHomo(m): 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2012
7am, when people are still in bed . Did he actually want to address the nation? Who advises this man? Oh, I remember, Dame is out of the country.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by ige101(m): 4:33pm On Oct 09, 2012
romi:

Let me EDUCATE and ENLIGHTEN you that the reason for this post is for everyone to share thier views
If you didn't like my view, you can simply disagree or keep quiet if you have no view to share
If you are Frustrated simply look for someone else to vent your anger on as i refuse to join issues with both of you
yes am happy with what am seeing.From all indications,u are disapointed by the reply u are getting so far.What u wanted is attack on the president and now it has backfire on u.If u have integrity tellthe admin to delete ur post asap
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by dayokanu(m): 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2012
Attention seeking

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by gaboeski(m): 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2012
Mallamabdul: I have just come to find out that no matter what good the president does, there are some people on Nairaland who are paid to discredit him.
Its too bad and we can't build our democratic culture that way.
[b] GEJ hs neva had anything upstairs for this country than to enrich himself like our past leaders. He shud go to hell nd rot there. This is just another means of more sharing of our national cake
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by ige101(m): 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2012
NovusHomo: 7am, when people are still in bed . Did he actually want to address the nation? Who advises this man? Oh, I remember, Dame is out of the country.
ARE U BETA THAN THE ADVISERS? WAS THERE NO NOTICE TO THAT EFFECT? By 7 am u stil sleepin meanin something is wrong somewhere

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by nagoma(m): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2012
romi: To think i had to set a reminder since yesterday to wake up early and listen to GEJ's national address as i thought he wanted to assert his authority about the numerous Security concerns affecting the Nation only for him to waste 10minutes of my precious time announcing how DANGOTE(chairman), ADENUGA (vice), GOVERNORS, E.T.C and Him... Are going to share BILLIONS OF NAIRA all in the name of setting up FLOOD COMMITTEE, Haba Why!!!! SMH

so there was a national address? What did the president say? Is that why the bank was full of people this afternoon?
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by ige101(m): 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
nagoma:

so there was a national address? What did the president say? Is that why the bank was full of people this afternoon?
u have nothing to say brother
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Zutchy: 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
NovusHomo: 7am, when people are still in bed . Did he actually want to address the nation? Who advises this man? Oh, I remember, Dame is out of the country.
You just showed what a lazy man you are,which serious minded man will still be in bed by 7am on a tuesday,it is unserious people like you we really should try and avoid in this forum,
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by remzytimer: 4:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
Well spoken and well composed! The first Nigerian President that has fear of God in him! U won't appreciate what u have untill u loose it.....God bless u sir mr president and God bless Nigeria!!!!! NOTHING GOOD COMES FROM A CRITICS.....
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by tucker12(m): 5:02pm On Oct 09, 2012
Abujafood:

At least others especially the over 1 million people displaced by flood would be glad they listened to him.

The truth Presidio is losing it.... Its either his over whelm or just getting things wrong!!!
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by banki(m): 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
my opinion is ..... its funny that the president responded to the crises offically a month after the floods.....proactive
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by critic(m): 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
isaco: Flood is a serious issue.

yes, we know flood is a serious issue,and i have no problem about d terms of reference, but for christ's sake, if d sole intention of the president
was to announce a fund raising committee by staging a live broadcast, then,am sorry he's really a slowpoke. also, why didnt he
stage similar broadcasts wen forming other committees? i.e the subsidy committee, or isn't it a vital national issue?
today, nigeria officially cedes bakassi to cameroun. its worthy of d president to at least say something based on this.a fraction of your country
is being taken over by another country due to d selfishness and wickedness of our rulers and somebody is wasting his time behind d cameras wen he s got a minister of information.i trust david cameron and barack obama. no wonder he s called a trainee president. nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Boyoorisha: 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
why is it that nairalanders wait for someone to comment first and everyone follows the same pattern/tone of the first comment?
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Smooyis(m): 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
Let us thank God dat mr president has taken steps to ameliorate d sufferings of d flood victims. We should stop all these criticisms and the running down of our illustrious sons. Dangote and adenuga by any standard are eminent nigerians, and they deserve our respect. If they were foreigners i know we would appreciate them better. We dont always seem to value our own things. God help nigeria!Let us thank God dat mr president has taken steps to ameliorate d sufferings of d flood victims. We should stop all these criticisms and the running down of our illustrious sons. Dangote and adenuga by any standard are eminent nigerians, and they deserve our respect. If they were foreigners i know we would appreciate them better. We dont always seem to value our own things. God help nigeria!Let us thank God dat mr president has taken steps to ameliorate d sufferings of d flood victims. We should stop all these criticisms and the running down of our illustrious sons. Dangote and adenuga by any standard are eminent nigerians, and they deserve our respect. If they were foreigners i know we would appreciate them better. We dont always seem to value our own things. God help nigeria!
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Sanguine77(m): 6:17pm On Oct 09, 2012
Foxybone: Na which kind nonsense una dey post for here... **Runs swiftly and rewinds the radio to see if President Jonathan spoke about the change in price of Una-know-na but was disappointed** So, how e carry concern me how president Jonathan go carry manage flood... Mtchwww..... grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg, make una free me jor... With all this front page post... Mtchwwww angry angry angry angry
If you think flood is not affecting the price of garri, ask the man from Bayelsa cos a paint of the commodity goes for #1500.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by bodsibobo(m): 6:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
[size=14pt]Very disappointing, I thought he was going to resign...........[/size] grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Militants Vow To Attack Dickson Over Unpaid Salaries / Fuel Scarcity: FG's Subsidy On Fuel Hits N29.68bn In 14 Days / 'Buhari Investigate Aregbesola': Osun Pensioners Protest Non Payment Of Pensions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.