Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe (3992 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria / Why Wole Soyinka Won Noble Prize Award Against Late Chinue Achebe. / In Responce To Obasanjo's Comment Against GEJ And The Niger-delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by okunboy: 12:28am On Oct 10, 2012
T9ksy:

Please do but before rushing off to open your thread, can you pause a minute and respond to the FACT here on this thread.

Here's Ojukwu in his usual arrogant poise proudly admitting to charging relief agencies "Landing fees", before they are allowed to feed his

starving people. The same people you lot have been whining for years that, awolowo starved!

I must give credit to Eko-Ile for bringing the video evidence in which the Ojukwu himself admitted to asking for landing fees before his starving people can be fed. Amazingly, no Igbo defenders here could defend or justify what Biafran war-lord himself admitted to. In my personal view and I think any logical mind would agree that this fact speak volume about ojukwu sincerity to his people.

2 Likes

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by ebere1712: 12:31am On Oct 10, 2012
Andre Uweh:
Ijaws conquer the yoruba race, are you serious?. The Ijaws have never been interested in conquering people. Their only concern is fishing.
This how easy it is
http://www.myondostate.com/myondostate/newssend.php?id=869
Some Ijaws claim ownership to lagos. They must have conquered the yoroslaves there, to become the owners of their part of lagos.
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by Yeske2(m): 12:32am On Oct 10, 2012
Intellectual response and i expected something else not same BS haters of truth are spewing all over the net. Go hug transformer for the singular fact that someone decided to say it exactly the way it happened. Oshisco!
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by 9jaIhail(m): 12:35am On Oct 10, 2012
Sometimes i just ask why can't real fight break out between yoruba and igbo? I and my cohort are desperately and hungry to display what we did in the pass. Many of this fools on this forum does not know why my id was 9_I_HAIL. yoruba's trade carefully what you are asking for is a revenge remember that revenge is more disastrous.A word is enough.
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by cfours: 12:47am On Oct 10, 2012

Keep up the good work, I'm running off to Ivory coast.:- Ojukwu.

hehehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy

Awolowo did not deny the seizure of the food, he said the federal govt ordered the food to be stopped because the foods were not getting to the masses, the soldiers hijacked the foods to themselves....what else do you want him to say or do? And he did clarified this before he died but for somebody to now come up and accused him again after so many yrs..haba...wt all fairness and sincerity let us all judge it.

Let us stop ds fights, it won't lead anywhere. If Yorubas were bad we won't have millions of Igbos in Lagos and thousands in Ibadan.

The fat man took the food for himself, let his people starve and then ran off to ivory coast.
hahaha comical.
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by CyberG: 1:05am On Oct 10, 2012
ACM10:

It's ok! There was a war picture of a Biafran child who shed blood as tears. My uncle was executed by the Nigerian troop 3 months after the Biafran surrender. So I consider it an insult to the memory of my kinsmen who suffered and died when lies supplant truth.
We only want to live in a peaceful and prosperous Nigeria where our rights and individual liberties will protected and respected. We have moved on. Hope Yorubas do the same. No need to twist events of that era. Any attempt to do such will trigger a debate like this one.

LOL...you were running your mouth now before you got whipped now, it's story time! Your kinsmen were stupi.d and the proof is your own behaviour here because you are being even MORE stupi.d. Stupidit.should and will NEVER be untreated, hence the action of the Nigerian troops. Hence, the treatment you are getting here. Forget all those platitudes about rights and liberties in Nigeria for they are mere crocodile tears. When will you surpass your fathers by declaring WW 4? Oh I can't wait and you would realize how lucky the previously stupi.d ones who declared secession were! I will personally resign my job to meet you on the field of battle and oh my goodness, you will get an atomic bomb for each character of stupid word you have used in your useless life!

1 Like

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by CyberG: 1:07am On Oct 10, 2012
baqina: Na wa ooo, this thing is still trending. Please let us forget this Biafra issue and move on with our lives..biko..enough is enough.

With all modesty and fairness, Achebe ought not to have made that statement, wat is wrong is wrong. He is an elder state man and of international repute for that matter, he (Achebe) can't make that statement and expect the people concerned not to talk despite the fact that Awolowo had cleared himself before he died. Why is Achebe saying all this after d death of Ojukwu and 45 yrs after d war?...haba.

ABEG...LET THE SLEEPING DOG LIES...#my2cents.

Shut up your Yoruba mouth. Were you not the people abusing everyone: Hausa, Yoruba, MB, SS?? When you people eat too much akpu and ewu nama, how can you not mis-jive? There is no sleeping dogs for now even dead ones will be waken back to life! angry angry grin grin
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:10am On Oct 10, 2012
Eko Ile:

Olodo son of disgruntled and hate filled ashebe.....

Here is your proof...fast forward to 2:22. Ojuku spoke after and he did not deny it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqhqP3U-t4&playnext=1&list=PL673224D81863E03C&feature=results_video

The clown said don't bring food for my people to eat unless you pay landing fee. It's even sad listening to the fool saying the fee was for currency change and some idiotic nonsense while his people are dying. What a scum bag...

^^^You're a deceitful bastard, just like the idio/t that edited this video to make it seem like Biafra asked for payment b/4 food aid could be delivered; notice how they cut to Ikemba mid-sentence? What i can gather from what he said was that if Biafran gov't got financial assistance (didn't see where he said mandatory payments) it would help with the war effort.....or were you expecting him to just clap his hands together and money for the war and running the country would appear like magic?

Bloody propagandist!
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by Katsumoto: 1:11am On Oct 10, 2012
ACM10:

Hope people will watch the video you posted. That's why I demanded to know whether you are a clown in real life.

You just need to lay low sometimes. Are you watching a different video from the rest of us?

You have been demanding proof with regards to Biafra charging landing fees to charities. You refused to accept the names of the charities arguing ignorantly that you have never heard of charities such as YMCA.

In the video provided by Eko ile, one can hear Ojukwu justifying the collection of landing fees from charities who were bringing in free food for starving Biafrans. One can also hear Sir Hunt saying that the Biafrans wouldn't accept the aid without the landing fees. One can see how insensitive the Biafran high command were towards the people they were claiming to be protecting. Little wonder, Ojukwu took off in the middle of the night, taking the places of little girls that were being rescued, and killing a few girls in the ensuing drama.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by CyberG: 1:12am On Oct 10, 2012
At 1.13, he laments that everyone was silent to their dying after declaring his silly war. Are you kidding me? What happened to that whiff of empty boastfulness and sly smile in the first video? What sympathy is the foolis.h man talking about? Did they send you to war, why ask for sympathy since you claimed you were prepared at the beginning? At 2.22, it was exposed that ojuku also told the CHARITY organizations to fly in FUEL and if they did not, they would not be allowed to bring in FOOD! You see why silly people were starved to death by ojuku and yet they blame Chief Awolowo and Gowon for their decisions?

For the impatient, ojuku said he charged "landing fees" to AID organizations bringing in food to feed dying biafrans. At 2.42, the foolis.h ojuku is caught saying that he told the CHARITY organizations to give him money so he can print baifra currency and use the money to buy weapons. This is ridiculous stupidit.y! Since when did a roadside beggar tell you what you should give to him and on his terms? The relief agencies did not want anything done really BUT they were FORCED to do the work because of your big-headed foolishness! Now I actually begin to hate this ojuku foo.l after even looking at his uncouth manner he talks about what he did. BOTTOMLINES, every one who claimed and still wants biafra like this deserves to be starved until his flesh and bones evaporate!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by Katsumoto: 1:14am On Oct 10, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^You're a deceitful bastard, just like the idio/t that edited this video to make it seem like Biafra asked for payment b/4 food aid could be delivered; notice how they cut to Ikemba mid-sentence? What i can gather from what he said was that if Biafran gov't got financial assistance (didn't see where he said mandatory payments) it would help with the war effort.....or were you expecting him to just clap his hands together and money would appear like magic?

Bloody propagandist!

It is obvious the Biafran propaganda machine is still working.

You mean you were expecting charities to fund your war!!! shocked

What would have been the result if the agencies refused to pay and forgot about the mission altogether?

Yes, more people would have starved to death.

You guys need to stop thinking like infants.
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by CyberG: 1:17am On Oct 10, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^You're a deceitful bastard, just like the idio/t that edited this video to make it seem like Biafra asked for payment b/4 food aid could be delivered; notice how they cut to Ikemba mid-sentence? What i can gather from what he said was that if Biafran gov't got financial assistance (didn't see where he said mandatory payments) it would help with the war effort.....or were you expecting him to just clap his hands together and money would appear like magic?

Bloody propagandist!

No doubt you were cursed from heaven and hell if in 7.40 mins you did NOT hear your foolis.h ikebe leader say clearly he asked for money in order for the charities feeding you to give food to the little ones who were starved to death. Why should stupid okjuku be caught espousing the foolis.hness of asking for money or was it not him boasting on what was prepared for the Nigerian army before the war? Oh, so after using all your money to buy weapons, he now demands money from charities who wants to feed his brainwashed followers? iboz are the most, most, most stupid cretins on the planet!

1 Like

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by Yeske2(m): 1:21am On Oct 10, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^You're a deceitful bastard, just like the idio/t that edited this video to make it seem like Biafra asked for payment b/4 food aid could be delivered; notice how they cut to Ikemba mid-sentence? What i can gather from what he said was that if Biafran gov't got financial assistance (didn't see where he said mandatory payments) it would help with the war effort.....or were you expecting him to just clap his hands together and money for the war and running the country would appear like magic?

Bloody propagandist!
We all know what they all are good at. . . .fabricating propagandists. I thought i was the only person who noticed that glitch(editing). Fools.
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:31am On Oct 10, 2012
Katsumoto:

It is obvious the Biafran propaganda machine is still working.

You mean you were expecting charities to fund your war!!! shocked

What would have been the result if the agencies refused to pay and forgot about the mission altogether?

Yes, more people would have starved to death.

You guys need to stop thinking like infants.

^^^Are you a thicko or what undecided? Where in my post did i say Biafra was 'EXPECTING' charities to fund the war? The realities on ground at the time was that the country needed money for the war effort and also for the food distribution logistics, hence the request for assistance from int'l bodies. I'd like you to refer me to where Ojukwu himself said that the continuation of aid delivery was dependent on payments made to the Biafran gov't....you do know there's a difference between a 'request' and a 'demand' don't you.

You guys that can see no wrong in your god Awo are trully evil people with black hearts, and atimes i wonder the ill-fortune that made Ndigbo share the same country with wicked souls that see nothing wrong in the annihilation of women and children just to keep this farce of a country going.

2 Likes

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by Roland17(m): 1:37am On Oct 10, 2012
@op

If that crap you wrote up there is what u have ignorantly described as intellectual (please correct your spelling), am worried why u are not yet a professor, please, until u are able to spell properly and construct sentences, keep the word intellectual very far away from your vocabulary, if you are going to Critize a world acclaimed writer and influence on a personal bias of tribe, then you are not fit to lace the shoes of the great one.
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by Katsumoto: 1:42am On Oct 10, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Are you a thicko or what undecided? Where in my post did i say Biafra was 'EXPECTING' charities to fund the war? The realities on ground at the time was that the country needed money for the war effort and also for the food distribution logistics, hence the request for assistance from int'l bodies. I'd like you to refer me to where Ojukwu himself said that the continuation of aid delivery was dependent on payments made to the Biafran gov't....you do know there's a difference between a 'request' and a 'demand' don't you.

You guys that can see no wrong in your god Awo are trully evil people with black hearts, and atimes i wonder the ill-fortune that made Ndigbo share the same country with wicked souls that see nothing wrong in the annihilation of women and children just to keep this farce of a country going.

If I have a black heart then you have a fish brain. You stated and I quote, "What i can gather from what he said was that if Biafran gov't got financial assistance (didn't see where he said mandatory payments) it would help with the war effort.....or were you expecting him to just clap his hands together and money would appear like magic?". You were implying that it was normal for Ojukwu to expect payment from aid agencies to fund his war effort.

Sir David Hunt stated that Biafra would refuse the aid without the payments and in the very next clip Ojukwu justified the landing fees by stating that it was going to be used in the war effort. But before that, St. Jorre had stated that the aid agencies used the network of churches and schools to distribute the aid. So what was Biafra charging landing fees for?

In any case, why would anyone charge charities landing fees for bringing in FREE food for starving children? Clearly, the problem isn't Ojukwu evil men such as yourself whom he led. You are the heartless who sees nothing wrong in that despicable act. But I am not surprised; it is inline with your philosophy of everyman or child for himself.

I don't remember telling you that I share the same country with you but to address that point, you should take your question to Zik's grave.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by ACM10: 1:46am On Oct 10, 2012
Katsumoto:

You just need to lay low sometimes. Are you watching a different video from the rest of us?

You have been demanding proof with regards to Biafra charging landing fees to charities. You refused to accept the names of the charities arguing ignorantly that you have never heard of charities such as YMCA.

In the video provided by Eko ile, one can hear Ojukwu justifying the collection of landing fees from charities who were bringing in free food for starving Biafrans. One can also hear Sir Hunt saying that the Biafrans wouldn't accept the aid without the landing fees. One can see how insensitive the Biafran high command were towards the people they were claiming to be protecting. Little wonder, Ojukwu took off in the middle of the night, taking the places of little girls that were being rescued, and killing a few girls in the ensuing drama.

I don't know the word which I will use to describe you. But I'm sorry to say that your tribe have no shred of decency. The video looks doctored in the first place. Secondly, Ojukwu's response was that he asked the aid agency to give them the money for logistics in distributing the aid and relief material to the needy. Every government does that. Its on record that some workers of the aid agencies actually works for foreign intelligence. Which reasonable leader grants an unfettered access to choice locations to aid agencies in his country in the time of war? Would you want the location of your military installations to be disclosed to your enemy? He went on to say that the hard currency was converted to Biafran currency which was a legal tender in Biafra. Pls where did he admit charging landing fees on the aid agencies in the said video?

Moreover, the documentary was aimed at discrediting Ojukwu. There are a lot of bias in the account of those who produced it.

You demanded that I should lie low because I've not given you a response on the other thread. I'm following the thread closely. Just that I don't have much time on my hand for a prolonged argument. I will give my rebuttal only when I will be ready for a prolonged argument.
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by naijaking1: 1:47am On Oct 10, 2012
I rushed to read Oyeyemi's Intellectual Response to Achebe--what a joke!
Oyeyemi never refuted anything Achebe said, but wasted 99% of his time belittling Achebe, calling him names, and even diverting to the Buhari-Shagari/Ekwueme saga. What a title misnomer, what a shame, and what an obsfucation! Nobody is fooled by such antics. Maybe an Igbo person needs to come out and challange Achebe if other Nigerians just can't intellectually do the job. I wish the Ikokus are available.
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by demmy(m): 1:52am On Oct 10, 2012
ACM10: The Biafra War and Why The
Truth Was Blocked From
Nigerians
"Federal troops, killed, or stood by while
mobs killed, more than 5000 Ibos in Warri,
Sapele, Agbor, "New York Times, 10th
January, 1968.
"It’s (mass starvation) is a legitimate aspect
of war, " Anthony Enahoro, Nigerian
Commissioner for Information at a press
conference in (New York, July 1968)
"Starvation is a legitimate weapon of war,
and we have every intention of using it
against the rebels, "Mr Alison Ayida, Head of
Nigerian Delegation, Niamey Peace Talks,
Republic of Niger, July 1968) "
The Igbos must be considerably reduced in
number" (Lagos Policeman quoted in New
York Review, 21 December, 1967)
''One word now describes the policy of the
Nigerian military government towards
secessionist Biafra: genocide. It is ugly and
extreme but it is the only word which fits
Nigeria's decision to stop the International
Committee of the red Cross, and other relief
agencies, from flying food to Biafra"
Washington Post (editorial) July 2, 1969).
''In some areas outside the East, Igbos
were killed by local people with at least the
acquiescence of the federal forces, 1000
Igbo civilians perished in Benin in this
way"- (Max Edward - Reporter on the
ground-New York Review, 21 December
1967).
''After federal forces take over of Benin,
troops killed about 500 Igbo civilians after
a house-to-house search with the aid of
willing locals" (Washington Morning Post,
27 September, 1967).
"The greatest single massacre occurred in
the Igbo town of Asaba where 700 Igbo
male were lined up and shot as terrified
women/children were forced to watch"
(London Observer, 21 January, 1968)
"Federal troops, killed, or stood by while
mobs killed, more than 5000 Ibos in Wari,
Sapele, Agbor" (New York Times, 10th
January, 1968).
"There has been genocide on the occasion
of the 1966 massacres, the region between
the towns of Benin and Asaba where only
widows and orphans remain, federal
troops having, for unknown reasons,
massacred all the men" - (Paris Le Monde,
5th April, 1968).
"In Calabar, federal forces shot at least
1000 and perhaps 2000 Igbos, most of
them civilians" (New York Times, 18th
January, 1968).
"Bestialities and indignities of all kinds
were visited on Biafrans in 1966. In Ikeja
Barracks (Western Nigeria) Biafrans were
forcibly fed on a mixture of human urine
and faeces. In Northern Nigeria numerous
Biafran house-wives and nursing mothers
were violated before their husbands and
children. Young girls were abducted from
their homes, working places and schools
and forced into intimate intercourse with
sick, demented and leprous men'' (Mr. Eric
Spiff (German War correspondence
Eyewitness, 1967).
"There has been genocide, for example on
the occasion of the 1966 massacres , Two
areas have suffered badly [from the
fighting]. Firstly the region between the
towns of Benin and Asaba where only
widows and orphans remain, Federal
troops having for unknown reasons
massacred all the men.
According to eyewitnesses of that
massacre the Nigerian commander ordered
the execution of every Ibo male over the
age of ten years" (Monsignor Georges, sent
down on a fact-finding mission by His
holiness the Pope reporting his finding in
Vatican Rome, Le Monde, French Evening
newspaper, April 5, 1968).
''650 refugee camps, contained about
700,000 haggard bundles of human
flotsam waiting hopelessly for a meal,
outside the camps, was the reminder of an
estimated four and a half to five million
displaced persons, the Kwashiokor scourge,
a million and half children, suffer(ed) from
it during January; that put the forecast
death toll at another 300,000 children, More
than the pogroms of 1966, more than the
war casualties, more than the terror
bombings, it was the experience of
watching helplessly their children waste
away and die that gave birth to, a deep and
unrelenting loathing. It is a feeling that will
one day reap a bitter harvest unless,
" (Frederick Forsyth, British writer January
21st 1969) ",
I saw several hundred of Zombie-like
creatures - men, women and children, lying,
sitting or squatting in the midst of others
who were dead. The living ones were
completely reduced to skeletons and could
not talk. I was seeing for the first time,
kwashiorkor, Frankly, I took fright, I believe
that any foreign troops from anywhere in
the world occupying Ikot Ekpene or any
other town in Biafra would have shown
much more sympathy, "(Gen. Alex Madiebo,
Ikot Ekpene, July 1968)
"One word now describes the policy of the
Nigerian military government towards
Biafra:- genocide. It is ugly and extreme
but it is the only word which fits Nigeria's
decision to stop the International
Committee of the red Cross, and other relief
agencies, from flying food to Biafra". The
Nazis had ressurrected just here as
Nigerian forces, Washington Post (editorial)
July 2, 1969
"The loss of life from starvation continues
at more than 10,000 persons per day -
over 1,000,000 lives in recent months.
Without emergency measures now, the
number will climb to 25,000 per day within
a month - and some 2,000,000 deaths by
the end of the year. The new year will only
bring greater disaster to a people caught in
the passion of fratricidal war, we can't
allow this to continue or those responsible
to go free" Senator Kennedy appeals to
Americans - Sunday, November 17, 1968 ",
I want to see no Red Cross, no Caritas, no
World Council of Churches, no Pope, no
missionary and no UN delegation. I want to
prevent even one Ibo from having even
one piece to eat before their capitulation.
We shoot at everything that moves and
when our troops march into the centre of
Ibo territory, we shoot at everything even
at things that do not move," (Benjamin
Adekunle, Commander, 3rd Marine
Commando Division, Nigerian Army to
French radio reporter).
The war aim and (final) solution properly
speaking of the entire problem, is to
discriminate against the Igbos and in their
own interest. Such discrimination would
include above all the detachment of those
oil-rich territories in the Eastern Region, in
addition, the Igbos' freedom of movement
would be restricted, to prevent their
renewed penetration into other parts,
leaving any access to the sea to the Igbos,
is quite out of the question, "(Federal
Nigerian Minister speaking to E. C.
Schwarzenback, Swiss Review of Africa,
February 1968).
"Let us go and crush them. We will pillage
their property, violation their womenfolk,
kill off their menfolk and leave them
uselessly weeping. We will complete the
pogrom of 1966" (The theme song of
Radio Kaduna, government-controlled,
1967-1970).
"Unfortunately this [Gowon's]
enlightenment at the top level does not
penetrate very deep: a Lagos police officer
was quoted last month as saying that the
Igbos must be considerably reduced in
number" Dr Conor cruise O'Bien , 21
December 1967 New York Review.
"Myself and The same UNICEF
representatives went on to convey
something of what lay behind this
intransigence: "Among the large majority
hailing from that tribe who are most vocal
in inciting the complete extermination of
the Igbos, I often heard remarks that all
Nigeria's ills will be cured once the Igbos
has been extaminated from the human
map , " Dr Conor Cruise O'Bien (21
December, 1967, New York Review). -
Onyema Uche.(Washington, Distric of
Columbia), USA.

Which of these elaborate quotes have anything to do with Awolowo again?
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by ebere1712: 1:55am On Oct 10, 2012
Those that call themselves Nigerians hide behind the darkness that Nigeria bountifully provides. Nigeria is a den that every intelligent nation would want to disassociate with pronto. Creating a catalyst for once great nations to birth imbeciles. Look around you. The scum you call Nigeria is so corrupted to the fabric that it is hard for you to differentiate its populace from imbeciles. People fight and die for far away nations who hate them. Others lie and try to be what they are not. Act all confused and have no social fabric, no belief system, are neither here or there. Take pride in the most foolish of occurences and peoples. Live like dogs and are satisfied with crumbs. Never challenge the most stupid of behavior, as long as they receive crumbs. A country built on hearsay and opportunism. Where thieves are heralded as heroes and their most lucrative business is fraud. No sane nation ever emerged from this kind of recipe. Nigeria is a fraud on poor children of metu. Look around you, and see humans living like dogs. And tell me you think this was by somebody's mismanagement, but not by design. A structure designed to fail. Defined with peculiar details, and laced with webs to drag all sane minded individuals into insanity. A nation who's heroes are either psychopathic murderers or offshore liers. A country that accepts foreigners before their own, destroys their own heritage and worship foreign gods. A country that is more concerned about some fictional foreign investors, than developing the eager young entrepreneurs. A country that hates and curses their forefathers on a daily basis. Calling them devils and praying that their imported gods destroy them. This is the reasons I would dissociate y'all ido.tas from the heritage of my fathers. Y'all on your own, and the children of metu of now do not represent metu in anyway. CHUKWU BLESS METU. goddamn Nigera.
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by Katsumoto: 2:02am On Oct 10, 2012
ACM10:

I don't know the word to describe you. But I'm sorry to say that your tribe has no shred of decency. The video looks doctored in the first place. Secondly, the response which Ojukwu gave was that he asked the aid agency to give them the money for for logistics in distributing the aid and relief material. Every government does that. Its on record that some workers of the aid agencies actually works for foreign intelligence. Which reasonable leader grants an unfettered access to aid agency in his country in time of war. Would you want the location of your military installations to be disclosed to your enemy? He went on to say that the hard currency is converted to Biafran currency which is a legal tender in Biafra. Pls where did he admit charging landing fees on the aid agencies in the said video?

Moreover, the documentary was aimed at discrediting Ojukwu. There are a lot of bias in the account of those who produced it.

You demanded that I should lie low because I've not given you a response on the other thread. I'm following the thread closely. Just that I don't have much time on my hand for a prolonged argument. I will give my rebuttal only when I will be ready for a prolonged argument.

What tribe would that be? Did I tell you my tribe or should I say ethnic group, race, etc?

1. Yes the video is doctored; why are we not surprised?

2. Please name one country that charges aid agencies for food distribution. In any case St. Jorre stated that agencies used the huge network of churches and schools. If so, what logistics was Ojukwu charging for?

3. Unfettered access to aid agencies bringing in free food after Biafra cried to the world that its children were starving to that. So the red cross and YMCA were spies? shocked

4. He gave excuses for charging fees, whether you want to call it landing fees or logistical fees. Money was collected from aid agencies. Ntieyong Akpan, secretary to Biafrn government, wrote in his book that landing fees were charged to agencies. What more do you want?

5. Yes, they wanted to discredit Ojukwu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by demmy(m): 2:02am On Oct 10, 2012
ACM10:

It's ok! There was a war picture of a Biafran child who shed blood as tears. My uncle was executed by the Nigerian troop 3 months after the Biafran surrender. So I consider it an insult to the memory of my kinsmen who suffered and died when lies supplant truth.
We only want to live in a peaceful and prosperous Nigeria where our rights and individual liberties will protected and respected. We have moved on. Hope Yorubas do the same. No need to twist events of that era. Any attempt to do such will trigger a debate like this one.

Funny people. You want Yorubas to move on. Very funny.
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by M17: 2:05am On Oct 10, 2012
Every Yoruba person that i met is miserable complaining and fearful ,cunning tribalism bigots ,I don;t even have time to respond to animals ,since when i was born i don't need no body to define evil life of awolowo who is now burning in hell in unquenchable fire .is it now you understand yoruba ? Yorubas are more poisonous than black mamba .they always show signs of their in born bitterness and envy / A Yoruba man always first to accuse and point finger .yiruba can never vote for igbo even in a foreign land . bepu onye yorrobery isi b4 ibepu agwo
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by ACM10: 2:17am On Oct 10, 2012
Katsumoto:

What tribe would that be? Did I tell you my tribe or should I say ethnic group, race, etc?

1. Yes the video is doctored; why are we not surprised?

2. Please name one country that charges aid agencies for food distribution. In any case St. Jorre stated that agencies used the huge network of churches and schools. If so, what logistics was Ojukwu charging for?

3. Unfettered access to aid agencies bringing in free food after Biafra cried to the world that its children were starving to that. So the red cross and YMCA were spies? shocked

4. He gave excuses for charging fees, whether you want to call it landing fees or logistical fees. Money was collected from aid agencies.

5. Yes, they wanted to discredit Ojukwu

I repeat! Where in the said video did Ojukwu admit to the accusation of charging landing fees on the aid agencies?
Zimbabwe, Congo DR, Liberia, Ethiopia, Haiti, North Korea, Pakistan, etc insist on the money for logistics passing through the government.

Watch the whole video to judge for yourself the aim of the documentary. BTW, they claimed that those money were used to purchase arms and ammunitions. How much did aid agency give to the Biafran government which was enough to cover for the purchase of arms used to fight the war? This is propaganda at its best!
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by demmy(m): 2:19am On Oct 10, 2012
Eko Ile:

Olodo son of disgruntled and hate filled ashebe.....

Here is your proof...fast forward to 2:22. Ojuku spoke after and he did not deny it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqhqP3U-t4&playnext=1&list=PL673224D81863E03C&feature=results_video

The clown said don't bring food for my people to eat unless you pay landing fee. It's even sad listening to the fool saying the fee was for currency change and some idiotic nonsense while his people are dying. What a scum bag...

Typical igbo hustler that will do anything for money. Isn't that what Achebe is currently doing?

1 Like

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by ebere1712: 2:25am On Oct 10, 2012
A country where no woman is beautiful until he/she wears a synthetic hair made in china. Where young girls now go into prostitution to pay their school fees. Where senators award themselves more millions for salary but vehemently protest an increase in teachers salary from 10,000 to 18,000. A country where the IGP earns millions in dollars but poor policemen can't feed their families (and you wonder why they extort money from you). A country where policemen make up more than 50% of robbery cases. A country where children are flogged in schools for speaking their native tongue cry A country that sentences some of its fresh graduates to death in the name of NYSC. A country whose current senate president once implied that poor people don't deserve mobile phones. A country populated by shameless sycophants, who view the guy with biggest naira, as the greatest of all (not withstanding his/her occupation). A country that puts kids as young as 10 in jail, with adults cry
A country that its populace would sentence an akara thief to instant horrific death, but let the obasanjos of their world roam their streets freely (now this is my definition of cowardice). All this stupidity started somewhere. It has spread to the east like cancer. I weep and I pray that I get the opportunity to wipe out all you scums of this earth.
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by dayokanu(m): 2:41am On Oct 10, 2012
9ja_I_hail: Sometimes i just ask why can't real fight break out between yoruba and igbo? I and my cohort are desperately and hungry to display what we did in the pass. Many of this fools on this forum does not know why my id was 9_I_HAIL. yoruba's trade carefully what you are asking for is a revenge remember that revenge is more disastrous.A word is enough.

Havent we been down that road before and we saw how your ancestors fled to Abidjan in the thick of things

1 Like

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by cfours: 2:44am On Oct 10, 2012
demmy:

Typical igbo hustler that will do anything for money. Isn't that what Achebe is currently doing?

LOL. the funniest thing is these igbo boys on this thread are in denial. in their mind, the film was doctored grin
hahaha truth is indeed very bitter.
even a quick google search will confirm that Ojukwu was demanding landing fees from the charities to buy weapons. most of the food was also being quartered for the army rather than for the starving igbo people. does ojukwu or his men look like they ever missed a meal?

in fact, the "starving children" were being exploited as a propaganda weapon by ojukwu. that is the saddest case of all. exploiting the poor kwanshiokor children in order to garner pity from abroad. he didn't care for those kids. he would have quit the war if he did. what a monster. the exploitation just caused the war to drag on longer than it should have.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by emiye(m): 2:50am On Oct 10, 2012
Listening and watching the video makes me feel like spitting on that Ojukwus face.

I initially thought he was a freedom fighter, who wanted to liberate his people, but had a failed strategy, ALAS,he is not who i thought he was.

He is a self centred lunatic, allowing those kids STARVE to death was primarily his fault embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by Katsumoto: 3:04am On Oct 10, 2012
c.fours:

LOL. the funniest thing is these igbo boys on this thread are in denial. in their mind, the film was doctored grin
hahaha truth is indeed very bitter.
even a quick google search will confirm that Ojukwu was demanding landing fees from the charities to buy weapons. most of the food was also being quartered for the army rather than for the starving igbo people. does ojukwu or his men look like they ever missed a meal?

in fact, the "starving children" were being exploited as a propaganda weapon by ojukwu. that is the saddest case of all. exploiting the poor kwanshiokor children in order to garner pity from abroad. he didn't care for those kids. he would have quit the war if he did. what a monster. the exploitation just caused the war to drag on longer than it should have.

Of course they will deny with every breath in their bodies because it doesn't fit in with the story of heroes and villains they were fed by the Biafran propaganda machine. They can actually hear Ojukwu justify charging fees to charities bringing food and medicine supplies and are stupidly asking whether Ojukwu used the words landing fees.

1 Like

Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by ebere1712: 3:10am On Oct 10, 2012
For the benefit of those that have not watched the video. It was the pink brit devil that accussed ojukwu of demanding weapons before relief are supplied. Ojukwu never said that in this video. Yoroslaves, you freaking lying slaves; you still feel everybody is mentally reta.rded like you. Aworats free kpomo education was a waste.
Re: An Intelectual Responce To Chinue Achebe by demmy(m): 3:22am On Oct 10, 2012
ebere1712: For the benefit of those that have not watched the video. It was the pink brit devil that accussed ojukwu of demanding weapons before relief are supplied. Ojukwu never said that in this video. Yoroslaves, you freaking lying slaves; you still feel everybody is mentally reta.rded like you. Aworats free kpomo education was a waste.

Keep denying it. We know it was true.

http://books.google.gr/books?id=KxiKPeQyiakC&pg=PA43&lpg=PA43&dq=landing+fees+biafra+ojukwu&source=bl&ots=9b32DbMfDR&sig=xPMnD19K0czQY9pPkxa1WRXEBlI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Atl0UPmcKInOswbwmYBo&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=landing%20fees%20biafra%20ojukwu&f=false

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Nabs Another Cash Courier With $130,000 At Mallam Aminu Kano Airport / Boko Haram Negotiator Stephen Davis Opens Up Again / Saraki-oyegun-buhari Reconciliation Meeting Meets Brick-wall (PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.