Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! (16730 Views)

Am I Really Married Or Sharing A Room With A Man? / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? / Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by soledadd: 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
Naaah i wouldnt want him in labour room, he can only stay in d waiting room. Reason being dat he wouldnt hav d patience of watching me pass through d pains. He may even pass out. Since he came with me to d hospital during the birth of our second baby he has insisted we stop having babies. Then he wasnt in d labour room with me then think of when he enters with me. Besides, his pressence cannot lesson my pain and cannot help in the expulsion of the baby, then whats the need. At that critical time, i only need Gods intervention. Simple!
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Sexxymom(f): 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
samguru: guys,if you av ever witnessed this stuff,u will never like sex again,especially at the time when this thing expand
. My best friend is having same problem.her hobby was with her in labour room after dat day they've been having issues concerning sex.i talked to d husband and i realized that he's still afftected by what he saw in d labour room.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Sexxymom(f): 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
samguru: guys,if you av ever witnessed this stuff,u will never like sex again,especially at the time when this thing expand
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by adultebony(m): 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
Sexxymom: . My best friend is having same problem.her hobby was with her in labour room after dat day they've been having issues concerning sex.i talked to d husband and i realized that he's still afftected by what he saw in d labour room.

Common, it won't remain like that forever. As a matter of fact the moment the baby is out, 'it' starts taking shape immediately. A couple of months later 'it' should be back to shape and ready for... you know what. Now the woman must also know how to take good care of 'it' and repackage herself. IMO, it gets even better!
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by thorpido(m): 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2012
Sexxymom: . My best friend is having same problem.her hobby was with her in labour room after dat day they've been having issues concerning sex.i talked to d husband and i realized that he's still afftected by what he saw in d labour room.
The thing falls back into shape after some time.You can also do some exercises to tone up your v.agina muscles.Tell your friend to check my signature for that.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
Besides being in the labour room with my wife, I was also the first to hold both out kids. I'd do it again, without the slightest bit of hesitation.

#JusticeforAluu4

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by willarrie(m): 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ Fiancee insist I stay wt her during labor wen we get married buh am not sure I wuld survive it,buh jt won't hear of M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ fears,guess am jt gonna fake an al important biz trip few days2d Τ̲̅ђε̲ Dday and then show up wen she' delivered of Τ̲̅ђε̲ baby...jt thot of it scares me
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2012
toyintiwal: There's nothing bad in it guys. I witness the birth of my first son. The doctor ask me to come in and talk to my wife. And I was there with him for good 1hr. I saw my coming. I was smiling/rejoicing and in the other hand feeling sorry for my wife cos the pain is too much... What a day
you be Male or female coz your status read you'r a female. Abi you be lesbians

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by donfidel(m): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
Well, i was right in the delivery room when my wife gave birth to our two children. I felt there was no other way to show my appreciation to her. The only problem i had was the sight of the blood, it was too much and seemed messy.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by 30secs(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2012
queensmith: 'do her thing'? you are disgraceful.
there'z ntin disgraceful in wat he said... He's jst tryna be modest!
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by coded777: 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2012
Topic, i'll think about it.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by ozodimgba(m): 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2012
For waiting naa, i be doctor or nurse? Marriage course only tought the men to know when the child is old enough to have a younger brother or sister. I know how best to upload but dont know how to download, so on the Dday i will be somewhere declearing bottles of whatsoeva i lik. While the doctor is doing the job he charged me for. wink wink wink
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by dalifa(f): 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
My husband was with me from the beginning, he helped monitor the number of contractions and duration. And no,he is not a doctor. He went with me to d hospital and was with me 2rout labour,went with me for every examination,was there,holding and encouraging me till our son was born. He says he saw some veins in my neck he had never seen b4 and was praying 4 d pain 2 be over.He says its an experience he wouldn't trade 4 anythn in d world.I know he appreciates me even more,so do I.I wouldn't have been able 2 do it alone, I am forever grateful for him and very proud of him!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by wizbrain(m): 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
yes i would love to be there with my wife because she is what GOD has given to me so i would always be with her to assist her if possible sef to take the birth myself cos i did it there so i can shear the pain with her. cool cool
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by harlos: 4:37pm On Oct 11, 2012
Unless she request for that I will rather stay by the door hoping to hear the baby cry...
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by cibilola(f): 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2012
My husband was there both times. The problem is he kept on telling me to hurry up while I was pushing because it was in the middle of the night and he was tired! Lol. Anyway he tried sha...
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Nuezha(m): 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2012
k2039: Yes,I will,afterall I pumped the baby into her womb
With mere words, it takes a tak to raise a cas'le.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by GboyegaD(m): 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
I hope to be there and I hope to be able to help alleviate the pains she would go through by encouraging her that we are in it together. I pray for the strength though because I am not sure its going to be that easy.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by canadianboy(m): 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
For Sure, I will - in fact, i have done that before , and i am ready to do again. During the delivery of my second daughter, i was present from the begining to the end. I got back from my work place around 7.30pm and saw her laboring, i immediately carried her along with my 1st daughter inside d car to the hospital. I entered the labour room with her, encouraging, motivating her to push together with d nurses there. My held me on my arms ' shouting honey....honey.... until my 2nd baby came out live! It was a splendid experience for me, i can never forget in my life. Women, i hail you, you dey try! Since then, i have been adoring my wife and my mother more than ever before. So i encourage men that have never experienced ds to pls try one day!

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by GboyegaD(m): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
adultebony:

Common, it won't remain like that forever. As a matter of fact the moment the baby is out, 'it' starts taking shape immediately. A couple of months later 'it' should be back to shape and ready for... you know what. Now the woman must also know how to take good care of 'it' and repackage herself. IMO, it gets even better!

I don't think that is the reason. I feel the major reason is that they are freaked out by the pains their wife goes through and wouldn't want her go through that pain again.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by ACM10: 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
I laugh at most of the comments here. I laugh because I know that most guys here are lying through their teeth. Anyone who had visited any busy labour rooms in Nigeria knows that the reverse is the case. I haven't met any man who was in the labour room during the time his wife was in labour in Nigeria. I repeat! I haven't met one! I've been in very busy labour rooms in Lagos, Abuja and Enugu. I noticed that most of the men were in isi-ewu/pepper soup joint; or playing draft; or watching Chelsea, Man U or Barca; or having good time with their concubines during the time their wives were in labour. Maybe, the preponderance of those commenting here resides abroad. But it's a no no as far as Nigeria is concerned. Most of the midwives does not accept that practice. They think that it is improper for a man to be in the labour room at the time of his wife labour.
Statistics shows that 70% of NL visitors resides in Nigeria. So, I believe that most of the posters here are Nigeria. Maybe Nigeria changed overnight. I don't know why people should lie over trivial matters.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by ACM10: 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2012
I'm amazed when people complain of labour pain. What is the job of the anaesthetics? Labour should not be painful. Just that Nigerians thinks that withstanding pains during labour demonstrate your braveness. Westerners dislikes pain. Women can actually have a painless labour. Just make a request for that. Then anaesthetics will be involved. Chikena! Watch the videos of whites who were in labour. It looks almost as if they were urinating. Only in Nigeria do women shout down the rooftop of the labour room as a result of pain. A doctor can be sued in western countries for failing to manage pain during labour effectively.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by canadianboy(m): 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2012
ACM10: I laugh at most of the comments here. I laugh because I know that most guys here are lying through their teeth. Anyone who had visited any busy labour rooms in Nigeria knows that the reverse is the case. I haven't met any man who was in the labour room during the time his wife was in labour in Nigeria. I repeat! I haven't met one! I've been in very busy labour rooms in Lagos, Abuja and Enugu. I noticed that most of the men were in isi-ewu/pepper soup joint; or playing draft; or watching Chelsea, Man U or Barca; or having good time with their concubines during the time their wives were in labour. Maybe, the preponderance of those commenting here resides abroad. But it's a no no as far as Nigeria is concerned. Most of the midwives does not accept that practice. They think that it is improper for a man to be in the labour room at the time of his wife labour.
Statistics shows that 70% of NL visitors resides in Nigeria. So, I believe that most of the posters here are Nigeria. Maybe Nigeria changed overnight. I don't know why people should lie over trivial matters.
Well, i would with all respect disagree with you. I still maintain it - i stayed with my wife from the beginning to the end for the first time ever. As you said, the nurses told me to move out frm the labour room but the doctor in charge disagreed with d nurses, the doctor told me to stay with my wife, an advice i was happy with. In fact, my presence there eased the whole delivery process - juts like 30-40mins of labour. Onceagain, i hail all women o!!!! It's great experience!

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by JallowBah(f): 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
ACM10: I'm amazed when people complain of labour pain. What is the job of the anaesthetics? Labour should not be painful. Just that Nigerians thinks that withstanding pains during labour demonstrate your braveness. Westerners dislikes pain. Women can actually have a painless labour. Just make a request for that. Then anaesthetics will be involved. Chikena! Watch the videos of whites who were in labour. It looks almost as if they were urinating. Only in Nigeria do women shout down the rooftop of the labour room as a result of pain. A doctor can be sued in western countries for failing to manage pain during labour effectively.

Lol.

IN USA, yes. In EU, they give you enough to take away the worst of the pain, and they turn it all off when its time to push.

I had an epidural, and it helped, but trust me, I could still feel the pain, and barely stand on my feet.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by VV2A(m): 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2012
Have 3 children. Been in the labor room with my wife 3 times. Its compulsory @ RCCG Maternity centres. Was scared the 1st time but kinda got used to i after dat.

Not all women shout cos mine didnt. she was just requesting i rubbed her waist area due to the pain associated with the baby's head pressing against the pelvic bone i think.

I believe it makes us as men appreciate our wives more or at least it should.

But yu must get mind ooo!

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by VV2A(m): 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2012
I thank God i was dere. i might actually have lost her cos she was on the verge of going wen i shouted her name and slapped her face.

wen she got better she said she heard my voice from afar. Tears come to my eyes anytime i remember this.

So please men, stay in the labor room with your wives. she will surely appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by adultebony(m): 6:51pm On Oct 11, 2012
ACM10: I laugh at most of the comments here. I laugh because I know that most guys here are lying through their teeth. Anyone who had visited any busy labour rooms in Nigeria knows that the reverse is the case. I haven't met any man who was in the labour room during the time his wife was in labour in Nigeria. I repeat! I haven't met one! I've been in very busy labour rooms in Lagos, Abuja and Enugu. I noticed that most of the men were in isi-ewu/pepper soup joint; or playing draft; or watching Chelsea, Man U or Barca; or having good time with their concubines during the time their wives were in labour. Maybe, the preponderance of those commenting here resides abroad. But it's a no no as far as Nigeria is concerned. Most of the midwives does not accept that practice. They think that it is improper for a man to be in the labour room at the time of his wife labour.

Well now you've the priviledge of meeting some on Naiaraland. Why on earth will anyone come here to lie about being in a delivery room with the wife. To what end? If you're married and have experienced it, you will always love to relive the experience and if whatever reason you've stayed away, I'm sure you will love to state why too. It doesn't seem like what you want to deceive people about.

Most private hospitals in Lagos certainly allows it in private wards

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by k2039: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2012
Nuezha:
With mere words, it takes a tak to raise a cas'le.
That you dont have the gut to be in the labor room with your wife doesnt mean I shouldnt be with mine

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by ifeegee(f): 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
rezzy:
Six weeks old baby? That's abortion
the baby is six wks old,I almost thought same untill i read the post again.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Sirniyeh(m): 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2012
I'm blessed with three kids and to the glory of GOD, I stood with my wife in the theatre room for all. Infact, it is advisable to be with her, sincerely, your witness will enhance your deep love, thats if you have human feeling.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Sirniyeh(m): 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
I have three boys and I was in the labour room witnessing all their births. I learnt a serious lesson. During first birth, the placenter cord was tighten with rope before the midwife cut it. But during second birth, it was cut before tighten with rope and this landed my son in UCH. It was later I got to know that it's not advisable to patronise the quack. Please, I advise you to stay with your wife. Some midwives maltreat pregnant women during labour. They beat them anyhow. But with your presence, they dare not. Even unnecassary tears, they will just cut your honeypot anyhow. But I did not permit that. Child birth is painful but your presence will give console. During mine, it was then i turned the best comedian with my honey. Thats what they need not pity

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Bay1970(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
Is no big deal over here, I was there for my 3 kids.
Even the last one the Dr. have me to count 1/1000, 2/1000---10/1000 and then Push.
I was in charge lol.....
It is a tradition here for the dad to cut the cord if you want to, which I did x3.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buy A Wife From Vietnam (100% virgin) / Funny Things You Inherited From Your Parents / Why Are Women Outliving Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.