Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! (16739 Views)

Am I Really Married Or Sharing A Room With A Man? / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? / Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
adultebony: I've been in the delivery room with my wife TWICE! The last one was on the 5th of April this year. It certainly was scary and awesome! I stood behind the bed overlooking the tommy and birth canal, saw the baby pop out while the doctors and nurses do their job. Wow! She held onto both of my alms while pushing out the baby. The doctor kept yelling 'push, push, ma, you have to push now!' And then he turned to me and said, 'sir let madam do the pushing, ok?' Didn't realise I was pushing along with her. The doctor, nurses and myself had a good laugh later. The baby boy, Tunmida, is crawling now! The experience certainly makes me cherish my wife and mum more and more. Enough respect to womanhood!
i love this bro

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by defemz(m): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
Yes. I did, it was not a very pleasant experience, but it was well worth it. The problem there is seeing the person you love so much in such level of pain. But overall it was worth it. I think I now treat her with more respect and admiration after witnessing the childbirth. I think women are stronger and

more resilient than men.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by charlovera: 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
It is common practice in most hospitals in western Counties allow their Partners to be present when the wife is giving birth. U being around ur partner reassures her, calms her down, and creates a stronger bond between couples. I was with my wife the whole time during the birth of my two kids and will not have missed it for anything in the world. It seems it is only in Nigeria and most developing countries that such practice is not common.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
i'm nt married bt i'll wish my hubby be around wen labouring...bt the pain...gush..i've nt experienced it,bt i've seen and heard so much about it..already scared sef...
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by chucky234(m): 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
I was right beside her when my daughter was born and I'll always be with her,always.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by ACM10: 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
No I wont!

REASON: I hate the sight of blood. I lose all forms of se.xual urge on the sight of blood coming from the va.gina. So, I will lose the se.xual urge I have for her if I watch her bleed during delivery. She wouldn't want to have a husband who has no se.xual affection for her.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Leadn(m): 12:48pm On Oct 11, 2012
Wow! Enough respect to all the guys who've witnessed their ladies give birth!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by hazureal(f): 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2012
I don't mind hubby staying with me in the labour room.
He was actually with me for a while during the birth of our first child, but when the baby crowned, the nurses requested that he left the room.
Funny, while I was screaming in pain, hubby was encouraging me to stay strong, that he too was having the same pelvic pains! Talk about having sympathetic symptoms. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by secnelly: 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
sure!!! I will if i have d priviledge. ...it'll keep d bond tighter.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by ichidodo: 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
NO WAY,WOULD NOT WANT TO PASS-OUT.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Venchy: 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
What's bad in that afterall the man did the Job and he needs to be there to support his wife or women going through the agony of Labour.

I must this is a senseless thread because this a modern world and your woman needs you to show you care.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by peterowode: 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2012
PBundles: OF COURSE! I was there for all three ( 2 boys and 1 girl). Its a moment that cant be missed very emotional and to be shared with your wife. Its not easy for some I know but you must provide the support after all she is bearing the pain of bringing life. That one thing that all men must bow for our ladies, its not easy and we men get mouth but to be honest I wonder if we could do it, I dont think I could if Im honest. Thanks Ladies from the heart espeically my beautiful chick ( together for 22 years!) tongue

congrats, sir, you are a very good husband and father.
for me, i would be there for her at the very point of delivery

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by rezzy: 1:07pm On Oct 11, 2012
Biggoozz: I did! I and d Doc delivered my six weeks old baby @ St. Nicholas all the way. It was a tough thing to experience but I tell guys: If you prayed with you wife for 9 months of pregnancy, you are a faith symbol she needs in that ward to pull through any challenge she faces there. I will do it again.
Six weeks old baby? That's abortion

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by laykhorn(m): 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
When I get to d bridge, I'll know hw to cross the sea.. undecided
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2012
I've been there twice. It is beautiful witnessing your baby come into the world. Where else would you be? Where else could be better?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by hazureal(f): 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2012
@rezzy: I think he meant his baby was born six weeks ago. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Leadn(m): 1:25pm On Oct 11, 2012
rezzy:
Six weeks old baby? That's abortion

I guess he meant the baby is currently six weeks old smiley
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by jamil2(m): 1:27pm On Oct 11, 2012
If I don't stay with her please who else ..............

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by k2039: 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
bigtt76: ...And you would want to make sure that its what you pumped in that came forth right? Hehehe

Lol
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Malawi1414: 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
Redhot111: I can't stay there with her in d labour room oo. Though i can b in d reception hall prayin 4 her. I don't even like 2 know wen she is on her monthly flow let alone watchin giv birth.
u r sick!I feel u need a psychologist
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
wow...many of the comments are really assuring...so we still have good men out there...kudos to the good ones..
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
isnt this topic overflogged?
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
HAVE BEEN THERE, WILL BE THERE, WILL ALWAYS BE THERE, WILL NEVER FAIL TO BE THERE,
WILL CONTINUE TO BE THERE . . .
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by akinwaleok: 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
[quote author=Leadn]Ladies – would you like your husband to be present in the labor room to watch you give birth?? (kinda gross if you ask me grin)

Gents – would you like to be in the labor room with your wife and watch her ‘do her thing’?

Please lets hear your thoughts on this..

I was actually wt my wife during labor 2ruout d night nd even persuade her to push when d doctor and nurses left her alone.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Leadn(m): 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ezeed: isnt this topic overflogged?

how??
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by adultebony(m): 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2012
mega f: i love this bro

Thanks ma'am. Me think the younger generation of Nigerians (going by the feedbacks here) will make better homes and hopefully a better nation. Thumbs up to all the REAL MEN in the house.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Leadn(m): 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2012
Malawi1414: u r sick!I feel u need a psychologist

lolzzz easy man, easy smiley cool
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by doofanc: 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2012
tintingz: Nigerian doctors don't realy accept this "a man should be with his wife in the labour room" even in our culture it dosn't happen. . .na oyinbo tin be this buh i don't see anythin wrong in it being with my wife in the labour room(na me put the belle there na) buh the thing is that seeing her in pains and screaming and NOTE don't look down there aahh! At'all <gross> not advicable

I don't really think its a 'Nigerian doctor' thing. You have to understand that most public hospitals usually have many women in the wards at the same time, usually with no demarcations or anything, so you can easily see why it will not be proper for the husband to be in such a place.

If its a private hospital, or a private ward in a public hospital, I struggle to see why any doctor will have problem with the husband being in the room.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by doofanc: 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
ACM10: No I wont!

REASON: I hate the sight of blood. I lose all forms of se.xual urge on the sight of blood coming from the va.gina. So, I will lose the se.xual urge I have for her if I watch her bleed during delivery. She wouldn't want to have a husband who has no se.xual affection for her.

fortunately not all women bleed, especially if its not the first child, or an unusually large one.

moreover the feeling you had regarding the sight of blood will wane after a while, trust me. cool

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by mejai(m): 2:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
If u don't have strong mind no near der o guys! U may start hav weak erection on ur wife.monthly period dey vex me for ear sef. It's not love. God told adam to ginger and hustle money while eve should labour and give birth. Shekina
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by PrettieJ(f): 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2012
I'd love to have my husband present every second till the baby is out,his presence will really give me strength.smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funny Things You Inherited From Your Parents / Mistakes Married Women (& Men) Make / Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.