Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? (11767 Views)

Is It Proper For Nigerian Guys To Toast A Lady On Social Media? / Help! Is It Proper To Disclose Your Finances With Your Wife? / Ladies/men Would You Disclose Your Salary To Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by walexbiz(m): 12:02am On Oct 14, 2012
[quote author=dsmart j][/quote]

hey dont disclose the total amount u earn to ur wife, e.g if u earn 120k tell her u earn 90k. The truth is most women would scrutinize how u spend. The remaining balance is to do things which will make u earn respect from ur wife. Women are always keeping tab on how men spend and they would not relent until the money expended. Also some women are useless in the sense that they expose their husband financial inadequacy in the public so the best way to safeguard urself is to always have a reserve which should not be aware of or know it source.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 14, 2012
Woe betide that man who will declare all his earnings to a woman. U think life has changed and there is equality abi? Go ahead throw away all ur powers away.what I call a man is being able to have a balance in all ramifications but women most times don't see reason to ur justifications. Power is what I can do that u can't. She must declare to me but not necessarily know all abt mine. Proudly African.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 14, 2012
This is why many married people cannot get out of bad financial situations. How can you plan to have anything when you are hiding money? If the woman knows how much you earn, she will be sensitive to how much she spends. To meet the goals of her family, she will find ways to save money when ever she can. I tell you I know "someone" who makes a solid 6 figure salary (in dollars) combined with their spouse. When the couple first married they both knew what was coming in and going out. You can bet they it only took them 2 years to live comfortably and enjoy a "FAT" bank account. So to the men who say they are a PROUD African, I say be Proud and you will be broke!!
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by jimino(m): 6:13am On Oct 14, 2012
dsmart j: Not all earnings. But atleast my basic salary, she will know
guy i share in ur opinion.
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by dewize01(m): 7:59am On Oct 14, 2012
FlowerPower: . So to the men who say they are a PROUD African, I say be Proud and you will be broke!!
oh sis,is it a curse?
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 14, 2012
dewize01: oh sis,is it a curse?

shocked No, No

I just want the men to be wise and understand that working with their wives in financial matters will only bless their families.
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by olenime(m): 8:54am On Oct 14, 2012
To me, no way! If she likes, she can tell me hers!
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by ocelot2006(m): 9:32am On Oct 14, 2012
Nope.
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by ocelot2006(m): 9:40am On Oct 14, 2012
I'm afraid I don't disclose my full earnings to my wife, just a little fraction. That is enough to put our spending in check. The undisclosed earnings are then saved for future projects/rainy day.
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by emalekuo(m): 10:59am On Oct 14, 2012
d33j@y85:
My wife can know how much money I make it's up to me whether or not to spend d moni on her if it's for frivolous things then I will refuse her. Since am the head of the household I won't spoil her with unnecessary things.
This is a man talking
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by dlox147(m): 11:03am On Oct 14, 2012
I think it should be dependent on ur partners life style.imagine be married to a kind hearted woman!? To some it might sound unreasonable,but the truth is, women r 2 a reasonable extent selfish. I learnt my lesson yrs bak whn my mum saw my pay slip, she made sure all my siblings got a piece cos she loves every one n she ended up slowing my progress.but these days,I tak care of my family n still go ahead with my projects n every body is happy n proud of you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Horpe2505(f): 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2012
Telling ur partner aw much u earn is a wise dcisn......ur partner will know wat u are capable of providing n will not make outrageous dmands frm u, and it helps to increase trust level btw u nd ur partner. I av not started working yet but my partner tells me aw much he earns n even aw he spends it nd wat portion he saves, i advice him on wen to spend less nd save more.
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Aykisbi(m): 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2012
[color=#000099][/color[i][/i]]Why not? You are team mates na![/quote]
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by dabossman(m): 8:27pm On Oct 14, 2012
truthisbitter:

LWKMD! Mrs. Chima is now claiming to be employed. Since when has being on welfare become a job?

shocked grin Guy, abeg leave Mrs. Chima alone o! At least she sef dey receive cheque on the regular. All join.
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Turbocharged: 8:29pm On Oct 14, 2012
cindyrella: Why not? You are team mates na!
Is it in wikki tourist or Barca?
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by MrsChima(f): 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2012
truthisbitter:

LWKMD! Mrs. Chima is now claiming to be employed. Since when has being on welfare become a job?

LMAO@me on Welfare with a Nigerian husband. grin grin grin grin

Aha..a jealous manbitch with another username. Too bad Nigeria doesn't offer Welfare..then the amount of scamming and crying Foreign chicks will decrease. grin grin grin grin

Send me your account number...I would send you rice money for the children. wink
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by MrsChima(f): 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2012
dabossman:

shocked grin Guy, abeg leave Mrs. Chima alone o! At least she sef dey receive cheque on the regular. All join.

Nothing like working and getting paid LEGALLY. grin grin grin I like being able to FILE INCOME TAX YEARLY. kiss kiss kiss

I don't have to scam or sell my dick/pussy to survive. wink How is it working for you though? lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by blackbeau1(f): 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2012
It depends on the character of your wife.if she is the' I'm not too crazy about money' type,then its ok.she'll help you make the proper decisions about how to invest but if you have the 'I no fit carry my eyes see money type',then pls do yourself some good and don't ever try it.but one thing is paramount take care of your wife

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by dewize01(m): 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2012
black_beau: It depends on the character of your wife.if she is the' I'm not too crazy about money' type,then its ok.she'll help you make the proper decisions about how to invest but if you have the 'I no fit carry my eyes see money type',then pls do yourself some good and don't ever try it.but one thing is paramount take care of your wife
awesòme contribution..no bigotry
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Mynd44: 1:07am On Oct 15, 2012
I love it when Mrs Chima replies mumus
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by swoosh(m): 8:05am On Oct 15, 2012
Wives should know. My wife always felt there was more money than i was releasing on certin things - I had to sit down with her recently and explain to her my income in detail- that has helped a lot in the management of our finances
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Okontami: 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2012
Yea, but not totally. The extra information you keep back on your finances makes you the super man. My wife know my monthly salary but she does not even have a clue of my yearly bonus, training allowance, traveling allowance, utility,fuel,and the housing. Cos those ones can make her have too much confidence.
Re: Is It Proper To Disclose Your Earnings To Your Wife? by Ivygal(f): 3:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wow! I'm single,bt is very impt.@leaast it help plan a home.it shldnt be a secret stuff. U guys r 1 nw.k?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience With A Very Dirty Lady Today. / What Is The Sweetest Thing In This World? / 9 Hilarious Ways To Tell If Your Boyfriend Is Gay (**must read :D)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.