Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Another Lynching In Warri - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another Lynching In Warri (22000 Views)

ASP Escapes Mob Lynching After He Raped 9-yr-old Girl / Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry / Three Arrested For Lynching Suspected Robbers In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by uyiekpenm(f): 2:09am On Oct 13, 2012
I pity Nigerians. It will never be ok with us. If we continue to spill blood.why are we so backward in our reasoning. Well, the thief and his killers will all reunite in hellfire.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 13, 2012
@Op change the title, its misleading people to believe it was after the aluu lynching. Still on the matter, The video is horrible, the last moments when the man was screaming "No" was just too unbearable, Someone said "did God really create us(Nigerians) with his own image? I wont blame anybody for doubting it or saying no, cause evidently Nigerians are too babaric to be even created by the devil. Am starting to feel that this is an unredeemable nation. Looking around is just a view of 360ยบ of problems. And am tired of saying May God help us all. Cause The problem with Nigeria is Nigerians not God, and unfortunately the solution is also Nigerians. Its high time we stick together and Move the country forward, its hightime we say no to jungle justice and other types of babaric act. Its hightime we start acting nd stop waiting for God(to come down from heaven and miraculously change naija, when the fault is from us) Its high time we learn to love our neighbours like ourself cause irrespective of the situation, in the end---Love is all we Need

3 Likes

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Sike(m): 2:13am On Oct 13, 2012
Can someone tell me wtf is worrying our brain in this country? As in how can people be this wicked?! Arrgghhh!
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by GhostFaceKiller: 2:15am On Oct 13, 2012
pDude: Nigeria na wa o. sad

The leaders are not the problem. Nigerians are their own problems.

YOU SAID IT WELL
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Horus(m): 2:15am On Oct 13, 2012
The faces of the muderers are shown in the video, we are hoping the police would swiftly make some arrests as they did in the aluu4 case.

Their picture should be posted all over the internet for face recognition to put them under arrest.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by bittyend(m): 2:16am On Oct 13, 2012
Welcome to the Nigerian jungle!!

That's exactly why I told my parents I have no business visiting that stone age country! undecided
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:21am On Oct 13, 2012
F..uuuuck you mudafuking nigerians!!!!! I hate you all!!!!
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by muchbeauty(f): 2:28am On Oct 13, 2012
i want to talk about beating in homes and how it has affected my country. Parents think the best way to correct children is by beating. Most husbands think the best way to correct wives also is by beating.. yes a slap might be alright if you have to, seeing that this is Africa but when you batter a child in the name of correcting a child, your child would grow up thinking that the best way to correct others is by beating others without mercy. When you ask parents why beat up your child in such manner? The answer you would get is the bible said spare the rod and spoil the child. That's in no way sane. These i feel are reasons many people in Nigeria are aggressive, a combination of so many aggressive minds form mobs aimed at correcting people.
People beat thieves without mercy; fight people who they intend to correct of wrong doing. I saw a video of a babe who was caught stealing blackberry and people started handling her breast as punishment.
This is an idea that has developed over time by them, so do you think taking other peoples lives would be a problem to them?
I have heard so many touts say, "my papa, or mama they been beat me o, well well", but with so much beating how did they end up so hardened? Was it not meant to correct them, or were their rods not long enough? Violence can not be used to correct violence and a change for Nigeria starts from our homes.

2 Likes

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by bigmaut: 2:42am On Oct 13, 2012
I develope an iregular heartbeat when i whatch this video,How can pple burn someone 2 death 4 allegly stealing a N1500 necklace while treasury looters that stole billns are protected frm d law,i will not be a negro or naijarian when i come back next time :'
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by coalcoal1(m): 3:02am On Oct 13, 2012
[size=18pt]LOVE IS IN NEED OF LOVE TODAY[/size]
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by SisiKill1: 3:18am On Oct 13, 2012
Stromae: [size=16pt]FALSE NEWS! THIS IS A VERY OLD VIDEO. I HAVE HAD IT ON MY PC SINCE LAST YEAR!!![/size]
And you can proudly admit this. . .why?!!

Good God! Nigeria truly is a playground for sadists!! lipsrsealed
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Ejine(m): 3:31am On Oct 13, 2012
Haba OP, this video is old nau.
A friend of mine showed me the clip on his phone, like 4 months ago
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by agohavivi(f): 4:14am On Oct 13, 2012
gentleoyink:

True, it does not matter when this video was made. This act of killing people instead of handing them over to the relevant authorities is bad.

However, the OP has tried to give us the impression that this happened after the ALUU 4, which is not.

I believe and I pray ALUU 4 should be the last time we hear 'jungle justice' in Nigeria.
amen.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Next2Bezee(m): 4:20am On Oct 13, 2012
Whether this video is a year old or not doesn't matter, This is the true nature of poor nigerians. Just taking out their lives frustration on another that could possibly have changed for the better and barbarically killing them...Why?? Does it give them a sense of power or accomplishment Those that live by sword are destined to die by it. angry

1 Like

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 4:21am On Oct 13, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
And you can proudly admit this. . .why?!!

Good God! Nigeria truly is a playground for sadists!! lipsrsealed

Why not? It's not the best thing to watch but it is a reminder of the realities in Nigeria
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by yeye4live(m): 4:21am On Oct 13, 2012
i don tire 4 dis country
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Next2Bezee(m): 4:26am On Oct 13, 2012
yeye4live: i don tire 4 dis country

I just don't understand, This was done in a town in full view of local residents, even cars and okadas passed by leisurely and no1 could think to call police or try to stop those savages...See sum heartless people chasing after the burning guy with their cellphones out taking pics and recording vids...People are wicked.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by gaboeski(m): 4:44am On Oct 13, 2012
mrkels: [img]http://2.bp..com/-bcbDfJHMiBM/UHhuGmpnmkI/AAAAAAAAAMk/Tgmv0PxM_6o/s320/Evil+that+men+do.jpg[/img]
Just some few days ago, we heard the story of how four University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) students were brutally murdered in Umuokiri village, Aluu, Rivers State,The murdered students, Chiadika Lordson, Ugonna Kelechi Obusor, Mike Lloyd Toku, and Tekena Elkanah, all part two students, were murdered in cold blood over alleged theft of a laptop computer and a blackberry phone.It was a horrible sight for all and those who saw the video took their anger to the online community demanding justice for the Aluu4. The police were quick to arrest the suspects as there was video evidence showing the babaric nature of the youths. Well, the same thing has happened again and this time in the oil city, warri, delta state.
The man in the video below was alledged to have stolen a neck chain in one of the popular markets and the people who caught him felt the best way to go about the issue was by burning him to death. The faces of the muderers are shown in the video, we are hoping the police would swiftly make some arrests as they did in the aluu4 case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT-IO_q0WJ8

One thing is common in the two events, 1) They were accused of doing something against the law. 2) They were burnt to death.

I know some people would say this is the best way to go about issues like this because of their personal experience with people like this, but then again we are humans and not babaric, besides theres a reason why we have the police and the law. Let us put things in place to stop this from ever happening again.

Source
[b/] Pls NL, there's nothing of such in warri of recent. Why should People be advocate of bad news, wht do u gain spreading bad news and pasting bad videos on the internet. Pls i think seun and his moderators should authentication of wht they put on the frontpage.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by deols(f): 4:48am On Oct 13, 2012
There are just too many hypocrites on this forum.

So,because this lynching happened long ago, it should be dismissed and the man in the video shouldn't get justice?

Many of the people here would not even condemn the Aluu4 kilings until everyone started doing so. Until it became the thing to do, the thing of the moment.

It is highly ridiculous that the same students who watched the Aluu4 murdered were the same who went to raze down Aluu because some people on nairaland said it was the thing to do.

It is very shameful that no one thought of aluu as a christian community, nor made mention of Rivers as being made of more Christians than of other faiths but when the Chiefs would be mentioned as an Alhaji, many hands here pointed towards Islam and Muslims.

Frankly, the inhumanity seems inherent in Nigerians and until they find something to gain from a matter(like a quick way to preach their own religion by castigating others') or to make news paper sales or to be seen as heroes(uniport students), Nigerians would just move on, like it was never their problem, nothing of concern to them.

But someday, the effects of these behavior might not be another Aluu killings but something with the same or worse effects.

Until Nigerians do away with all sentiments when matters like these arise, we might just be wasting our time, energy, bandwith, money.

May God cleanse our Land.

2 Likes

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Gwekzy: 4:53am On Oct 13, 2012
Dis na Old VideO Na....
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by gaboeski(m): 5:08am On Oct 13, 2012
[b/] This Is a False Story! Pls we should stop spreading false News on the internet.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by MznAirA(f): 5:23am On Oct 13, 2012
embarassed I can't believe this happened again. When will we learn our lesson in this country? Barely a week after the aluu four nd this again?? God save us in this country oh
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by frank4ryl(m): 5:41am On Oct 13, 2012
miketonic: This is one of the reason why i hate Nigeria... anyone can come up to you and accuse u of stealing, and before you know, a group of mob is onto you, with TIRE AND FUEL ready to burn you alive. smh. am soo happy that am in America, thank god, i will never return to thAT GODFORSAKEN COUNTRY,

USELESS MAN! YOU WILL NEVER KNOW PEACE AS LONG AS YOU ARE A PEST TO OTHER PEOPLE`S DEVELOPMENT. A SLAVE LIKE YOU CALLING NIGERIA A godforsaken country.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by oubi: 5:54am On Oct 13, 2012
May God punish d pple of warri- delta state dat did dis kinda barbaric tin again, may their generations neva know peace may they suffer till their death, may they also die painfull deaths. I can hear every body shouting AMEN including those that emanates from warri cos that's d same prayer the aluu comunity got from sentimental pple.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Burger01(m): 6:00am On Oct 13, 2012
Why misleading people with old video? We don't even want such video on this forum again. It's share wickedness. Do u derive joy in posting calamity videos on this forum in particular and the net in general? Topic like this should not even make front page. Is the moderator sleeping. OP, find something better to do... Mtcheew.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by harlos: 6:07am On Oct 13, 2012
Now Nigerian are doing what they are not doing before,taking laws into their hands,where did they learn this from
Now we are going beyond. If this is how they treat anybody who steals who among us will b able to see this day?
Its true that nothing is too small to steal but this isn't the right way to judge them...
Where are we going?

1 Like

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by troy20(m): 6:15am On Oct 13, 2012
religion has destroyd more than it has built in dis country.its a pity ppl hav substitutd geniun education 4 religious extreemism.dis is wat u get wen a society is far unenlitend n ignorant.wat hapend 2 intellectualism? Ppl dnt seem 2 kno dia rights nor d right of anoda.our schools r more of commercial sectors so de produce crap.and dia is one sector enjoyn d situatn.THE GOVERNMENT.That is y u hav our bugdet on education so low.i cud remember OBJ even reduced d bugdet further during his tenure.I pity dis CUNTry.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by oubi: 6:22am On Oct 13, 2012
Burger01: Why misleading people with old video? We don't even want such video on this forum again. It's share wickedness. Do u derive joy in posting calamity videos on this forum in particular and the net in general? Topic like this should not even make front page. Is the moderator sleeping. OP, find something better to do... Mtcheew.

.. What is missleading abt the video? The act or the people? undecided undecided
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by XFive: 6:28am On Oct 13, 2012
miketonic: This is one of the reason why i hate Nigeria... anyone can come up to you and accuse u of stealing, and before you know, a group of mob is onto you, with TIRE AND FUEL ready to burn you alive. smh. am soo happy that am in America, thank god, i will never return to thAT GODFORSAKEN COUNTRY,
Stop deceiving yourself you are a Nigerian, you might not be here but your root is here
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by 1ndidi2(f): 6:31am On Oct 13, 2012
This is another terrible thing! But also a misleading topic! Moderator abeg close it before it leads to something else.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by mavtrevor(m): 6:31am On Oct 13, 2012
One was almost burnt in my street yesterday for stealing a bike but then i guess ppl may have learnt a little from the ALUU incident, the guy that brought the tyre was even slapped and the tire thrown away, the police was called and the idiot was wisked away to the cell.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

29-year-old Impersonates IG Idris, Defrauds Saudi Doctor (pic) / 150 Arrested In Kano For Sagged Pants And Sporty Hair / Islamic cleric, three others arrested with human skull in Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.