Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Another Lynching In Warri - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another Lynching In Warri (21998 Views)

ASP Escapes Mob Lynching After He Raped 9-yr-old Girl / Policemen Arrested Over Lynching Of Students In Badagry / Three Arrested For Lynching Suspected Robbers In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by vanstanzy(m): 8:42am On Oct 13, 2012
Stromae: [size=16pt]FALSE NEWS! THIS IS A VERY OLD VIDEO. I HAVE HAD IT ON MY PC SINCE LAST YEAR!!![/size]

Please we need proof that this is false& old news. I want to believe u, but i need proof.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by lumeneng22: 8:44am On Oct 13, 2012
The way armd robbers, kidnappers, ritualist rapist and cultist are going about their criminalities these days has become worrisome. One would rather think of the jungle justice than the delayed justice of our corrupt courts.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by azimibraun: 8:53am On Oct 13, 2012
I have just lost another bar of respect for nairaland.. Hw cn u guys possibly mislead the public like dis? I just lost all the joy I had getting ready for a pals wedding and nw am struggling to get back in2 a good mood. One day sha na one day @ least nw I visit other sites and nt just Nairaland as I used 2.. What rubbish?
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by ignis: 8:56am On Oct 13, 2012
Fake and misleading news making the front page.... SMH.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by azimibraun: 8:58am On Oct 13, 2012
Cynthia was murderd and sm oda girls came up with their experiences with the same killers of cynthia dat ws a gud one.. What I expected Seun and co 2 hv done is present dis video as a similar incidence of brutality dt went unoticed by nigerians and shld nw b given to d police for investigation arrest and prosecution of the culprits in that video u cn still help dt guy get justice and change d jungle justice system we nw hv.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 13, 2012
Video taken off Youtube due to disturbing content.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Michky: 9:36am On Oct 13, 2012
mrkels: [img]http://2.bp..com/-bcbDfJHMiBM/UHhuGmpnmkI/AAAAAAAAAMk/Tgmv0PxM_6o/s320/Evil+that+men+do.jpg[/img]
Just some few days ago, we heard the story of how four University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) students were brutally murdered in Umuokiri village, Aluu, Rivers State,The murdered students, Chiadika Lordson, Ugonna Kelechi Obusor, Mike Lloyd Toku, and Tekena Elkanah, all part two students, were murdered in cold blood over alleged theft of a laptop computer and a blackberry phone.It was a horrible sight for all and those who saw the video took their anger to the online community demanding justice for the Aluu4. The police were quick to arrest the suspects as there was video evidence showing the babaric nature of the youths. Well, the same thing has happened again and this time in the oil city, warri, delta state.
The man in the video below was alledged to have stolen a neck chain in one of the popular markets and the people who caught him felt the best way to go about the issue was by burning him to death. The faces of the muderers are shown in the video, we are hoping the police would swiftly make some arrests as they did in the aluu4 case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT-IO_q0WJ8

One thing is common in the two events, 1) They were accused of doing something against the law. 2) They were burnt to death.

I know some people would say this is the best way to go about issues like this because of their personal experience with people like this, but then again we are humans and not babaric, besides theres a reason why we have the police and the law. Let us put things in place to stop this from ever happening again.

Source

Jungle justice or mob action or whatever you may want to call it, is not entirely bad especially when we have a police that is so corrupt and powerless. Just think about this for a minute; what if those aluu4 boys were real notorious criminals (am not saying they are o!) that have been terrorizing your vicinity for years. Would you oppose the kind of justice metted against them as we witnessed on utube? No! Now, this is what would happen if they were handed over to the corrupt nigerian police (still assuming they are real criminals for the purpose of making my point). You will see them walking the streets free the next day i tell you. Sadly but realistically, protection of lives and property has never been entirely a police affair as most of us never really started to trust the police until recently. Besides, the aluu4 case was clearly a scenario of justice misfired, which does happen once in a while but shouldn't be totally condemned until we have better protection and confidence in the police. Come to think of it. Why do you think robbers are not disturbing your areas as we speak?..Do you think its the police protection or the protection from vigilante groups and fearful mob action like that one on y.t.u.b.e.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 13, 2012
Do we have Police ? Do we have National Assembly or even a Senate ? I guess we are focused on blaming the President even for a leaked condom. Nigerians are the problems not really their leadership. Humans killing humans!
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by gentleoyink: 9:54am On Oct 13, 2012
disappointing. JUNGLE JUSTICE is entirely bad.

Michky:

Jungle justice or mob action or whatever you may want to call it, is not entirely bad especially when we have a police that is so corrupt and powerless. Just think about this for a minute; what if those aluu4 boys were real notorious criminals (am not saying they are o!) that have been terrorizing your vicinity for years. Would you oppose the kind of justice metted against them as we witnessed on utube? No! Now, this is what would happen if they were handed over to the corrupt nigerian police (still assuming they are real criminals for the purpose of making my point). You will see them walking the streets free the next day i tell you. Sadly but realistically, protection of lives and property has never been entirely a police affair as most of us never really started to trust the police until recently. Besides, the aluu4 case was clearly a scenario of justice misfired, which does happen once in a while but shouldn't be totally condemned until we have better protection and confidence in the police. Come to think of it. Why do you think robbers are not disturbing your areas as we speak?..Do you think its the police protection or the protection from vigilante groups and fearful mob action like that one on y.t.u.b.e.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 13, 2012
Michky:

The Death Sentence has no justification. Even for murderers, instant death sentence becomes an easy exit for them. Mob justice is always wrong, cos there is no room for defense hearing. So you made no sense my friend.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by deluckiest(m): 10:11am On Oct 13, 2012
miketonic: This is one of the reason why i hate Nigeria... anyone can come up to you and accuse u of stealing, and before you know, a group of mob is onto you, with TIRE AND FUEL ready to burn you alive. smh. am soo happy that am in America, thank god, i will never return to thAT GODFORSAKEN COUNTRY,

That same America u now call ur home is not better. Stop deceiving urself.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 13, 2012
vanstanzy:

Please we need proof that this is false& old news. I want to believe u, but i need proof.

This was posted towards the end of 2010, and Lagos was mentioned as the location, not Warri.

Regardless of whether it happened last year or 10 years ago, it's still a barbaric act that needs to be stopped.

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Topeedo: 10:29am On Oct 13, 2012
these people that beat and burn the so called criminals to death are not in anyway different from the criminals jor...its just d side of the coin they are on at d moment that makes d difference...they dont have human feelings at all...they can do worse things than the criminal abeg

1 Like

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by ifeci: 10:36am On Oct 13, 2012
vanstanzy:

Please wot do u mean by False? Does wot u saw on the video look like some home movie? BTW, even if that video is 10yrs ago, it doesn't tk away the fact that someone was murdered and that the perpetrators should be brought to justice.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Horus(m): 10:39am On Oct 13, 2012
elampiro:

The guy that brought tyre should have been arrested for attempted murder.

What do you mean by attempted murder, the guy was burned to death and you call it attempted murder?.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by dejiswaggs(m): 11:18am On Oct 13, 2012
this is very very barbaric!
What were they thinking!
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Rooneyboy(m): 11:23am On Oct 13, 2012
NRI PRIEST: F..uuuuck you mudafuking nigerians!!!!! I hate you all!!!!
and who's this fuc.king BAST.ARD?
What are u looking for here if u hate us that much ?
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Rooneyboy(m): 11:27am On Oct 13, 2012
ignis: Fake and misleading news making the front page.... SMH.

Do u have malaria ? Which front page are u talking of ?
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by dabrake(m): 11:40am On Oct 13, 2012
booqee: my spirit tells me you're presently in d gutters of mushin right now as i'm posting this comment, currently living in delusions of seeing yourself dining and wineing with pr obama of which practically is not gonna happen to u not even in d next hundred years. So pls dude, wake up and face reality.
Obote...!
practically the son of a night soil man who is a beneficiary of a scholarship scheme carried out by the onyemmeme of his community
that guy is presently in a boarding house(maybe FSC Sokoto)
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by warrikid(m): 11:42am On Oct 13, 2012
Horus: The Government should add to the constitution that anyone who mobs an individual or group of people in the name of armed robbery or whatever offense should receive the death penalty. It should be put out there for everyone to know.
Guy shebi ur brain dey work go back? Abi sun don fry ur sense?
U started wit "the government should" ws hopin u wud tink straght as to say d police n judiciary shud be strictly sanitized n rid. Of corruption,ur brain just use gear 8 take enter reverse dey talk smoke here.I am not in support buh as we no dey fit trust govt n judiciary/police so such measures are near inevitable.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Ninokizz: 11:54am On Oct 13, 2012
Dat na common tin for warri......
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Ninokizz: 11:55am On Oct 13, 2012
Dat na common tin for warri....
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Michky: 11:56am On Oct 13, 2012
warrikid:
Guy shebi ur brain dey work go back? Abi sun don fry ur sense?
U started wit "the government should" ws hopin u wud tink straght as to say d police n judiciary shud be strictly sanitized n rid. Of corruption,ur brain just use gear 8 take enter reverse dey talk smoke here.I am not in support buh as we no dey fit trust govt n judiciary/police so such measures are near inevitable.

hahahahahahaha.... GBAM!!
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by toluxa1(m): 12:09pm On Oct 13, 2012
I wonder why some silly comments are being made that this is fake news. Are you guys blind? Didn't you watch the video? (Regardless of when it happened). I watched it (before it was taken off a few hours ago) and I must say its terrible.
Some days ago, on the BBC World Have you Say Program, it was being discussed that these things have been happening and I sent the link to them as proof.
I do not see how the topic suggest that the incident happened AFTER Aluu. Topic says - ANOTHER Lynching. Whether before or after it is ANOTHER.

BTW, Please was anyone able to download the video or have it? A news agency is requesting I send it to them.

1 Like

Re: Another Lynching In Warri by mrkels(m): 12:24pm On Oct 13, 2012
toluxa1: I wonder why some silly comments are being made that this is fake news. Are you guys blind? Didn't you watch the video? (Regardless of when it happened). I watched it (before it was taken off a few hours ago) and I must say its terrible.
Some days ago, on the BBC World Have you Say Program, it was being discussed that these things have been happening and I sent the link to them as proof.
I do not see how the topic suggest that the incident happened AFTER Aluu. Topic says - ANOTHER Lynching. Whether before or after it is ANOTHER.

BTW, Please was anyone able to download the video or have it? A news agency is requesting I send it to them.
Don't mind the hypocrites on this forum, just because the guy is not as fine as the 4 uniport students, or maybe not educated, all they can see in the video is OLD!!! Uselss people, only very few people were wise enough to condem the actions of the mob, the rest were delibrating on the fact that it was old wheras on youtube the date of posting was 7days ago. Even if this video was 70yrs ago, the people on the video committed murder and should be brought to face the law like what's happening in Aluu now, their faces were seen. Am sure this would never happen because the thief in the video is a ''NOBODY''...smh for nigerians and police people.
Btw, the video is off youtube, someone reported it as too disgusting. I still have it on my phone, suggest a site where I ll upload it to andthey won't take it down.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Orukky1(m): 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2012
Horus: The Government should add to the constitution that anyone who mobs an individual or group of people in the name of armed robbery or whatever offense should receive the death penalty. It should be put out there for everyone to know.
. If u r advocatin d death penalty for mobbin, den wot shuld b done to d armed robber in question? Mayb wen dese guyz pay u a visit u will knw wot d meanin of mobbin is.
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by dopeJemi: 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
Guy, wahz wrong wiv u, na today dis thing happen? It happened b4 d aLuu ish

It happened 3 to 4months ago, stop posting thrash all in d name of makin front page

Mind d way u post warri in ur thread oh, cuz boyz r nat smiLing
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by Revolva(m): 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2012
All this violence attitude happens in the niger delta why why nigerians are heartless in placing judgement
Re: Another Lynching In Warri by dopeJemi: 1:38pm On Oct 13, 2012
I realLy dnt c d need 4 dis Long story n sermon sum of u r preaching

Dis thing don pass tey tey

Let's CLose dis thread abeg

Small tym nau, anoda 1 will say "omg! Anoda Lynching in USA"

N it will make front page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

29-year-old Impersonates IG Idris, Defrauds Saudi Doctor (pic) / 150 Arrested In Kano For Sagged Pants And Sporty Hair / Islamic cleric, three others arrested with human skull in Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.