Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon (8995 Views)

Shi’ites/soldiers Clash: We’ve No Apology – Army / Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? / Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by MrGlobe2: 11:44pm On Oct 12, 2012
Malcolm-X:
Solution:

Let Igbos leave if they want to leave, this incessant whining will continue to stagnate the progress of the country. To be honest, everyone needs to go their separate ways. Reading this crap everyday and the non-stop blame game is just annoying.

You started it - others ended it, yet you won't move on. Don't start what you can't finish next time!
my friend shut up, there are always rules you dont flout in a war. thats genocide against civilians. And the coward cruelity of human being awo flouted that with the help of those british honkeys. justice must be done or the case will keep coming up.
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 12, 2012
I'm pissed of at these Igbo whiners today, phuck an apology. No real man would apologise for defending himself - he never asked for the war, he was dragged into it. Igbos drew the first blood - and others reacted, phuck an apology! Learn from this, and think critically next time before starting a suicidal adventure next time.
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Nebeuwa(m): 11:46pm On Oct 12, 2012
Malcolm-X:
I'm pissed of at these Igbo whiners today, phuck an apology. No real man would apologise for defending himself - he never asked for the war, he was dragged into it. Igbos drew the first blood - and others reacted, phuck an apology! Learn from this, and think critically next time before starting a suicidal adventure next time.

I really do like you using the moniker of my fellow African American, Malcolm X who decried black on black violence.

You are not worthy of the name, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz aka Malcolm X.
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by GhostFaceKiller: 11:47pm On Oct 12, 2012
My Dear Biafrans,

Even though I am not of you genetically, I am with you both spiritually and Ideologically.

I chose the terms spiritually purposely because I am a man whose sense of justice is still built within his conscience.

Biafra was not an idea but a necessity.

Biafra was not borne out of greed or struggle for power but out of survival.

Nigeria today is a mess. Nigeria is plagued majorly by tribalism and religion. Twin evils that will never see us progress beyond this cesspool.

I have researched Biafra and the civil war in detail and my conscience and intellect and current experience of the fallout of the failure of your struggle clearly point out that Biafra was not only a necessity but a noble and pragmatic approach towards unity and nation building.

Those who advocate against Biafra are not only ignorant but suffer the worst form of propaganda and tribalism.

On behalf of the ignorant and the f00lish I ask for forgiveness.

I raise my kids towards the light and justice.

They as Yoruba descendants will never see a tribe or religion (apart from that evil islam) to judge or categorize anybody.

This is how my late father raised me.
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Desola(f): 11:48pm On Oct 12, 2012
Malcolm-X:
Why should he apologise?

Did Ojukwu apologise for dragging the country into a needless war, and for demanding landing fees for aids?

Did Biafra apologise for the massacre of mid-westerners?

Have Igbos apologised for the 1966 coup?

Did Biafra apologise for invading other regions?

I ask again, why should he apologise?

It's always about them, and how the whole of Nigeria should pander to their stupid whims. They go around killing people from other regions but when retaliation beckons, they scream blue murder. Never met a group of people so greedy, self centred and suffer highly from delusion of grandeur. They are totally anal and eternally grating. They rave and rant about being the back bone of the nation when in actual fact, they are milking other regions dry. Not only by making illegal profits but by massacring the people as well.
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by MrGlobe2: 11:48pm On Oct 12, 2012
Desola:

and who the fork are you to tell me where and where not to venture on this site? Are you high on cheap drug?
you should not venture on peoples posts when you are not permitted to. this is not ogbomosho market.
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 12, 2012
Mr. Globe2:

my friend shut up, there are always rules you dont flout in a war. thats genocide against civilians. And the coward cruelity of human being awo flouted that with the help of those british honkeys. justice must be done or the case will keep coming up.

What genocide? Maybe, if your biafran soldiers were not hijacking the food meant for civilians - the blockade would never have happened. So, it wasn't cruelty when Ademulegun, his wife, and his unborn baby were killed by Nzeogwu, no? It wasn't cruelty when other leaders were killed, no? It wasn't cruelty when the minorities in the mid-west were massacred, no? It wasn't cruelty when you invaded other regions uninvited, no?

You asked for it, and they served you - fair and square! Cry me a river!
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by GhostFaceKiller: 11:49pm On Oct 12, 2012
My Dear Biafrans,

Even though I am not of you genetically, I am with you both spiritually and Ideologically.

I chose the terms spiritually purposely because I am a man whose sense of justice is still built within his conscience.

Nigeria today is a mess. Nigeria is plagued majorly by tribalism and religion. Twin evils that will never see us progress beyond this cesspool.

I have researched Biafra and the civil war in detail and my conscience and intellect and current experience of the fallout of the failure of your struggle clearly point out that Biafra was not only a necessity but a noble and pragmatic approach towards unity and nation building.

Those who advocate against Biafra are not only ignorant but suffer the worst form of propaganda and tribalism.

They as Yoruba descendants will never see a tribe or religion (apart from that evil islam) to judge or categorize anybody.

Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Desola(f): 11:50pm On Oct 12, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

A glorified and a PHD plus master degree holder in prostitution should stop talking when men of dignities are talking. Hey female dog you ain't worth my reply.

...but of course you would know because you patronise me, innit? Don't dodge the topic or try to derail it by your nonsensical remarks and answer the gaddemn question, fo.ol!

See why I call you ibos dolts? You claim that I don't deserve your reply yet you took time out to write a whole sentence to respond. Moraforker ni e!
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by 9jaIhail(m): 11:52pm On Oct 12, 2012
Mr. Globe2:

grin grin grin

even that fake wannabe prof said he has an igbo gf. I think these yorobbers are only wise in this regard grin

My brother don't you understand that definition of wise in yoruba land is once you are able to pregnant 2 or 3 ladies before graduation even though peny is not in your pocket. so don't be surprise if that HIV positive prof said whatever
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by MrGlobe2: 11:52pm On Oct 12, 2012
GhostFaceKiller: My Dear Biafrans,

God bless you sir. well spoken like a real man. cool
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
Nebeuwa:
I really do like you using the moniker of my fellow African American, Malcolm X who decried black on black violence.

This isn't about black on black violence - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz aka Malcolm X taught us about "An eye for an eye."

Quotes from him in the Biafran context:

- "It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

- "I don't mean go out and get violent; but at the same time you should never be nonviolent unless you run into some nonviolence. I'm nonviolent with those who are nonviolent with me. But when you drop that violence on me, then you've made me go insane, and I'm not responsible for what I do."

The other tribes did just that!
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by GhostFaceKiller: 11:54pm On Oct 12, 2012
The Biafra movement remains today with reference to the Aburi conference the only true struggle for true federalism.

All that talk of sovereign National conference as advocated by the same section which killed the Aburi accord is just a late wake up call. Awo must be turning in his grave.
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Desola(f): 11:54pm On Oct 12, 2012
Mr. Globe2:

you should not venture on peoples posts when you are not permitted to. this is not ogbomosho market.

No, it is not ogbomosho market but Nairaland for Nigerians so you biafrans can eff off! Moraforker, drawing up a grid for me on a site that is the brainchild of my kinsman.

When are you bloody arsewipes gonna create your own forum?

Moraforker oshi!
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 12, 2012
Stop whining about it!

The more you whine about it, the more you piss others off!

The apology has to be both ways, not one-sided!
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2012
Nebeuwa:

nna biko gwa ozu a nwuru anwu okwu biko!
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by MrGlobe2: 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

My brother don't you understand that definition of wise in yoruba land is once you are able to pregnant 2 or 3 ladies before graduation even though peny is not in your pocket. so don't be surprise if that HIV positive prof said whatever
nawa oh. I coildnt expect lrds from a tribe that worships owambe parties like no mans business
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by GhostFaceKiller: 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2012
Mr. Globe2:

God bless you sir. well spoken like a real man. cool

my man... if we hide behind sentiments we will only acquire clutter and antiques.

It is time to move on...

the rest of the world is progressing and here we are fighting each other over tribalism and borrowed religion
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Nebeuwa(m): 11:57pm On Oct 12, 2012
People who deny acts of genocide, tend to be on the losing side of history.

From what I have seen from some segments of the Yoruba, your support of Chief Obafemi Awolowo's policies towards the Igbo and Biafrans in general are downright evil in my eyes.

That would be compared to Germans supporting Hitler's policies during WWII or Serbs supporting Slobodan Milosevic policies of ethnic cleansing. And you all are doing it openly, which I find appalling.

Just like the Armenians decry Turkey's genocidal policies towards them on the world stage, you will see Igbos doing the same as well, if many haven't started already.
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Desola(f): 11:58pm On Oct 12, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

To show how much prof Corruption has been giving you sleepless nights after repeatedly annihilating you and your kinsmen in all threads relating to AWO, you perpetually mention his name in virtually all your posts. He must really give you or.gasmS.

Well, well...I think I know what my new signature would be: THE FEAR OF PROF CORRUPTION IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM, OKORO - WORRY!!
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Nebeuwa(m): 11:58pm On Oct 12, 2012
Malcolm-X:

This isn't about black on black violence - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz aka Malcolm X taught us about "An eye for an eye."

Quotes from him in the Biafran context:

- "It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

- "I don't mean go out and get violent; but at the same time you should never be nonviolent unless you run into some nonviolence. I'm nonviolent with those who are nonviolent with me. But when you drop that violence on me, then you've made me go insane, and I'm not responsible for what I do."

The other tribes did just that!

Boy you are taking Malcolm X's words out of context.

And plus he would never have supported black on black violence especially in Africa.

You are spitting on this man's name, by supporting such policies. And I find that quite insulting, especially the role that Malcolm X during the Civil Rights struggle in my country.
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by 9jaIhail(m): 12:01am On Oct 13, 2012
Desola:

No, it is not ogbomosho market but Nairaland for Nigerians so you biafrans can eff off! Moraforker, drawing up a grid for me on a site that is the brainchild of my kinsman.

Moraforker oshi!

What is that your room number in Ogbomosho main market guest house?
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 13, 2012
Awolowo's policy was evil, but Biafra's invasion of Awolowo's ancestral land was saintly, no?

You killed their leaders, yet they never attacked you till you invaded them. However, you still have the guts to call them "Evil," no? Utter tosh!!

Awolowo was a nice man, a psycho would've done something worse than that!
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by GhostFaceKiller: 12:01am On Oct 13, 2012
Nebeuwa: People who deny acts of genocide, tend to be on the losing side of history.

From what I have seen from some segments of the Yoruba, your support of Chief Obafemi Awolowo's policies towards the Igbo and Biafrans in general are downright evil in my eyes.

That would be compared to Germans supporting Hitler's policies during WWII or Serbs supporting Slobodan Milosevic policies of ethnic cleansing. And you all are doing it openly, which I find appalling.

Just like the Armenians decry Turkey's genocidal policies towards them on the world stage, you will see Igbos doing the same as well, if many haven't started already.

Holocaust denials are mostly romantic Nazis i.e. Neo-Nazis i.e those who romantize over the 1000 year Reich reign that never came to pass.
Let them defend a dead man just because he was supposedly allowed to represent their collective thought and voice.

The truth is out there and can never be swept away.

Awo was a power hungry, tribalistic , genocidal killer!
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by MrGlobe2: 12:02am On Oct 13, 2012
Desola:

Moraforker oshi!
The usual 'I am stuupiid' Yoruba mentality. we are not talking kinsmen, what have you as a 4th housewife contributed to your society. talk for yourself and not your kinsmen that have abandoned you to rush after igbo girls. oh yeah, philip emeagwali too is my 'kinsman' but we igbos are enterprising to make our own names. dunce cool
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 13, 2012
Nebeuwa:

And plus he would never have supported black on black violence especially in Africa.

You are spitting on this man's name, by supporting such policies. And I find that quite insulting, especially the role that Malcolm X during the Civil Rights struggle in my country.
the real Malcom X must be crying in his grave!
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Desola(f): 12:04am On Oct 13, 2012
Nebeuwa: People who deny acts of genocide, tend to be on the losing side of history.

It is genocide because your people died of starvation but what do you call the cold and calculated killings carried out by your leaders of other regional leaders? How do you start reparation for that? Do you think you owe Nigerians an apology for you forcing a unitary government upon us leading us to the quagmire we are in currently?
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Nebeuwa(m): 12:04am On Oct 13, 2012
And to think that some Nigerians want Igbo to forget about over 2-3 million Igbo lives that were lost in that war? That is insane in my opinion. And my God I am getting pisssed off the more I read about such denials.

What was the Igbo population at that time? 5-10 million people. When you lose over 2 million people, that is not a small number. The Igbo people lost up to 20% or higher of their people in that war, and you want that to be forgotten?

The Jews are taught to never forget about the holocaust.

My fellow African Americans are taught to never forget about slavery and Jim Crow.

But people want the Igbos to forget about their own Igbo Holocaust? - Now that doesn't seem right.
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 13, 2012
Nebeuwa:

Malcolm X would have done exactly what Awo did, or worse. He advocated "self-defense" when violated, and that was exactly what Yoruba people did. They were attacked by both sides - and both side connived to lock the same Awolowo up for more than a year. But Biafrans took it a bit further by invading their ancestral land uninvited despite warnings not to come. TBH - Awolowo was rational with his policies, Malcolm X would have been more violent!!

He made sure all the properties that belong to Igbo were returned to them after the civil war with the rent accrued during the war. And all allocations meant for Igbo states during the war were also given to them in arrears after the war - what else do Igbos want?
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by MrGlobe2: 12:08am On Oct 13, 2012
GhostFaceKiller:

my man... if we hide behind sentiments we will only acquire clutter and antiques.

It is time to move on...

the rest of the world is progressing and here we are fighting each other over tribalism and borrowed religion
exactly, my brother. I appreciate you understand truth must be told and justice served for a nation to move foreard. Those suppressing or trying to suppress this are the biggest enemies of the nations progress. Gracias
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by 9jaIhail(m): 12:08am On Oct 13, 2012
So what it means is that Gowon has finally abandoned the sweet Nigeria he fought relentless to keep one? hehehehehe boko haram kwenu. who say boko haram are not brave? Gowon on the run hehehehehehehehehehehehahahahahahahahaha
Re: Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon by Desola(f): 12:09am On Oct 13, 2012
Mr. Globe2:

The usual 'I am stuupiid' Yoruba mentality. we are not talking kinsmen, what have you as a 4th housewife contributed to your society. talk for yourself and not your kinsmen that have abandoned you to rush after igbo girls. oh yeah, philip emeagwali too is my 'kinsman' but we igbos are enterprising to make our own names. dunce cool

You are funny in a stupi.d way but I forgive you because you are ibo and i'm not to expect much from you.

My point is that this is Nairaland for Nigerians and no Biafran(alien living within) can tell me what I can or can't do. It is within my right to tell you to p.iss off, self-servicer!

P.S: My kinsmen are free to go for as many ibo girls as they wish. They are plentiful and heck! They need some loving too! Your headache should be why your girls despite knowing that you are available, would rather opt for Yoruba boys. Think about it and don't hurt your head while at it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Is How America Treat Their Yam Eaters / Mimiko Working Towards Election Postponement – Akeredolu / Breaking News: Saraki Dropped Governor Ahmed Fatai For Kwara South Senator.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.