Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs (19743 Views)

NLC Shuts Government House Owerri / Ahmed Musa Ibeto, Niger Deputy Governor Ejected Out Of Government House / PDP Women In Imo In Failed Bid To Burn Government House Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by MadCow1: 11:50am On Oct 15, 2012
This is my last recollection of what Owerri looks like o!! And I'm talking about 3 months ago..
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 15, 2012
manny4life: It' getting more ridiculous by the day, it firs started out with ileke posing aout Anambra, now it's another person again. Mods and Seun, what do you guys gain from division? There are topics that shouldn't even see light of day talk of making front page? Well, you guys should carry on, and as for the intent of the OP... PRICELESS
aishatua1 is a very bigoted fellow! He/she never fails to post anything good about southeast.and what surprises me more is that her topics always make front page! Smh for Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by killuminati(m): 11:52am On Oct 15, 2012
How does dis thread reduce the cost of ashee at OBL road??
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by GOZILLA(m): 11:54am On Oct 15, 2012
Most of u condeming the OP,have u been to owerri recently? The town has been taking over by filth.most of the road have big craters as beautification and these roads are the ones supposedly less than one year old.
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by hakeem4shi(m): 11:55am On Oct 15, 2012
afam4eva: The OP is mischievous. He/She has changed the thread title. How can you confirm that that's close to the government house.
That's the road from the roundabout that links d police headquarters and d particular bad spot is directly opposite the SSS office and the green roof u are seeing is the government house buildings. I served in Owerri and stayed around d government house,Central Mosque inside d shell camp to be precise.
The pictures are true about Owerri roads,drainage systems. It is only in Owerri that contractors construct road and after completion of the road,drainage will be digged thereby damaging most part of the road. The governor did not prioritize his activities. Constructing big gates in evry streets of Owerri while pple are suffering Common. And u putting another overlay on a road where there is nothing wrong with? I wonder what he's trying to achieve. And there are a lot of abandoning projects as at the time I left Owerri in July this year, d governor needs to be told what pple needs are.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by hurricaneChris: 11:57am On Oct 15, 2012
This is what u get when some lazy tribal biggots are moderators. On a normal condition, this scum from an envolope-carrying PDP a'ss licker should not see d front page.

@OP..wen u were posting dis gabbage didnt u see places like d new Owerri, Weathral or even Okigwe rd. Baised dude!
Rubbish!
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by Ofunaofu: 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2012
if this pictures are true then i can say that Imo is indeed 'better'
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2012
I doubt if there is any state without places like these. What would make this bad is if the governor is not making effort to clean the place up.
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by PRETTYCHYBYKEY: 12:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
I am from Imo state and I have lived all my life in Imo state. Where I live is very neat and good. We do not block drainages,we do sanitation every saturday and also participate in government own every month. They should do the same and they will not see flood. Imo state is not a riverrine area so the area should not be flooded.
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by ikeyman00(m): 12:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
@@@@

for a newly built roads to be washed out like that hmmm that is serious oooo

wether this is near oga house or not should be issue

the quality of roads built should be the subject here

i don talk mine oooo
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by DANILSA(m): 12:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
WHY EXACTLY DID OP POST THIS PICTURES? WITHOUT BEEN BIAS UR AN INGRATE AND THE SAME TIME A GOOD FOR NOTHING CITIZEN, WHAT EXACTLY HAVE U DONE FOR UR COMMUNITY AND STATE? YOU COME HERE TO POST NONSENSE angry. COME TO ABUJA LET ME SHOW YOU WORSE AREAS THAN THAT, I MEAN THE FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY,COME TO KUBWA MARKET AND SEE FOR UR SELF. YOU NEVER TOOK PICTURES OF ALL THE WONDERFUL ROADS ROCHAS IS BUILDING YOU ONLY SAW THE THE FEW ROADS THAT ARE BAD, CAN YOU STOP BEEN A HYPOCRITE FOR ONCE.PEOPLE IN THE STATE SAID HIS WORKING WHO ARE YOU TO SAY NONSENSE. APART FROM LAGOS AND AQUAIBOM TELL ME SOUTHERN STATES WITH GOOD ROADS. PLEASE LETS TRY TO BE REAL FOR ONCE, EVEN BEFORE ROCHAS BECAME A GOVERNOR HE WAS ALREADY WORKING. IF YOU HATE ROCHAS GO HUG TRANSFORMER grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by CY09: 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
afam4eva: This thread is an epic fail...of course we can go to the bad parts of any state and use it to discredit any governor.
Just what i wanted to say...Everyone knows that every State in Nigeria has their good and bad areas...Rochas and every other political leader inherited problems and bad roads is one of them...Rochas to the best of my knowledge is doing great and should be commended...Will uploading pictures of deplorable roads in Ikorodu where i grew mean that Fashola is not working?...I have been to Banana Island and i wonder if it is part of the same Lagos where i reside.
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by DANILSA(m): 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2012
PRETTYCHYBYKE@Y:
I am from Imo state and I have lived all my life in Imo state. Where I live is very neat and good. We do not block drainages,we do sanitation every saturday and also participate in government own every month. They should do the same and they will not see flood. Imo state is not a riverrine area so the area should not be flooded.
NO MIND THE OP, I LIVED IN OWERRI FOR TWO YEARS, I DOUBT ANY SOUTHERN STATE IS CLEANER THAN OWERRI. IF THEIR IS TELL ME PLEASE sad sad sad
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by CY09: 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
Eko Ile:

Posting pictures of other places wont change anything regarding what's in these pictures and instead of other places, why not use this opportunity or your effort to pressure your elected officials to make sure what's in the pictures go away for good and this is if you really care about Imo state.

Pointing fingers at other people all the time wont make your problem go away or force your leaders to do better.
I can assure you that the Governor knows about the situation and he is not sleeping on the issue.
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by CY09: 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2012
Abagworo: Its high time we stopped posting pictures of flooded areas and blaming Governors. They are not God and don't control climate and weather. They don't block drainage as well. We the masses do.
I wonder if some peez here are so daft, blaming governors unnecessarily...
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by buchiuzor: 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2012
Sorry, the poster is I think a PDP(Ohakim) failed man. Most of the roads were under construction before the rains came. Note, these were roads the Ohakim Govt didn't think of in the last 4yrs. If you go to the Government House today, Not the visitors park as posted which of course is not as it looks like today in the pictures, You would be proud to be an Imolite.
Y didn't he(poster) go to Heroes Park, Ojukwu Center, Heroes Apartments, Imo Hotels, over 3,000km of roads being simultaneously constructed with over 1000km Asphalted with drains all in less than one YEAR. Villages that Never Had in mind of a car driving past them are having roads contructed not only in owerri. All these without any bill board of FULLY COMPLETED or ADVERTS ON DSTV. I'm no politician. The proofs are there. WILL post pix when i drive into town. ONLY _____ DOUBT PROOFS. fill the space.
True the man is not SHARING THE MONEY, but not drivin around town with a bullet proof or tinted glass car, who goes about PERSONALLY TO INSPECTE ALL PROJECTS BEFORE PAYMENT CAN BE APPROVED. We the people see him and are proud of OUR Governor. If you no like am, just go and HUG TRASFORMER.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by CY09: 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
afam4eva: The OP is mischievous. He/She has changed the thread title. How can you confirm that that's close to the government house.
You can say that again...The places in those pix are not anywhere near Owerri, not to talk of Govt House.
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by tinuolababy(f): 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
Abagworo: Its high time we stopped posting pictures of flooded areas and blaming Governors. They are not God and don't control climate and weather. They don't block drainage as well. We the masses do.
Thank u my Brother.
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by Bbeee: 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
someone please tell Rochas to please fix the Road Leading to poly Nekede and FUTO... that area is in a very big mess.. students are suffering as a result of the bad road!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by CY09: 12:42pm On Oct 15, 2012
emmaduks: is this what am going to see when i come to nigeria? Am afraid
Who needs you in Nigeria
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by Nuezha(m): 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2012
Eko Ile:

Of course you can. You can even kill the messenger, but it still wont change anything about the pictures and it's content which should bother you but doesn't for obvious reasons.

What's your message?
There are shanties, refuse dumps & overflowing sewages in Abuja where I reside.
The process of destruction could take a second, reconstruction would take years.
I'm not Igbo, politician or contractor if you care to know.
Don't blame good men, rather blame bad administrations.
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by realsammie(m): 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2012
pure lie. this does not look like the govt house in OWERRI.
PDP be patient, 2015 is around the corner
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by CY09: 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
samguru: the funniest of all d pix is the holiness evangelistic church in a very dirty area,am sure God does not dwell in dirty area like this.

The poster purposely uploaded dis to score cheap points behalf of Okorocha's political antagonists,am a lagosian yet i can feel the good work the governor is doing.
Good talk bro, just as I'm an Easterner and i still feel the good works of Fashola.
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by pappilo(m): 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2012
samguru: the funniest of all d pix is the holiness evangelistic church in a very dirty area,am sure God does not dwell in dirty area like this.

I thought I was the only one that saw that shocked
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by woodboi(m): 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2012
The poster is CRazy, I live in owerri, during the tenure of PDP nd APGA is on, now dat imolites has found peace in Rochas can't we breath for once! OP get a life, sorry for using d word sorry on u, would have love to edit dat, but ma back key is faulty! Peace
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by SamMilla1(m): 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2012
And someone is comparing this hellhole with Enugu
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by chiozor: 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
all the poster saying those pictures are not owerri have not being to Owerri. granted the Governor is working but the pictures are all owerri environs
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
afam4eva: This thread is an epic fail...of course we can go to the bad parts of any state and use it to discredit any governor.

Really I don't know what or how to describe you.....

If you want to rather justify these eyesores above, good luck!
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by hardbody: 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
You guiys should learn from me. If these posts are meant to pull traffic, my response is NOT to comment. If on the other hand the intention is to 'pull the people down', i still make no comment. if no comments are made, the story will remain where it should be, in the garbage bin, nansense
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
First of all.....no Imo indigene should ever open his or her bu-cal cavity on this forum to complain that Yoruba land is dirty....

If you don't want us to shove pix like this in your face again....keep your mouth seal always when hygiene in Yoruba land is the topic of discussion.
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2012
Nuezha:
What's your message?
There are shanties, refuse dumps & overflowing sewages in Abuja where I reside.
The process of destruction could take a second, reconstruction would take years.
I'm not Igbo, politician or contractor if you care to know.
Don't blame good men, rather blame bad administrations.

You must be a poor man residing in Abuja... cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
acidtalk: Poster what exactly is your point?

The man believes more in touching the life of his citizens directly by giving them quality education and others instead of beautifying his office and environs while his people suffer.

He believes in FREE education for all.

That's surely the difference between Rochas and Fashola. while the former is in power to make his people enjoy the dividend of democracy, the later is there beautifying the whole state while he is happy seeing his people go to bed sad every night as he has drastically increased school fees, demolished shops and threatened to jail people who don't plant flowers in front of their houses.

NONSENSE!!!

I love your analysis. Giving free education upto tertiary institution is an uphill task which Rochas has used to convince doubting thomases that everything is possible for a leader with a good heart. Lagos governor is trying but he is environmentally inclined while Rochas is human resources inclined. I will combine both characters if elected into government. Trust me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Threatens To Seize Trucks Between 6am And 9pm / Okonjo-Iweala Receives Award From ONE And RED International Advocacy Groups / Movement Or Defection: Akpabio Has Capsized Like A Faulty Boat- PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.