Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? (7899 Views)

Rate Your Lover(s) Or Fiancee.. / What Did You Use To Save Your Lover‘s Contact On Phone? / Is It Necessary To Store A Lover"s Name With A Pet Name On Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 16, 2012
Yes - if he passed away.
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by yettymama45: 8:19am On Oct 16, 2012
That's madness!! how can I tattoo my lovers name on my body all because of love. NO
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by JallowBah(f): 9:37am On Oct 16, 2012
A name-tattoo can always be covered. But, on the other hand, I would probably not change it, even if we broke up.
He is the father of my child, and i do not intend to get kids by any other man in my life, even if we divorced, or something happen to him.

I am not yet sure if I will tattoo his birthname, or if I will choose the namle his family has called him his whole life, which I also use. We will see. Planning to get it in Gambia in December, or maybe before I gowink
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by Ranoscky(m): 9:37am On Oct 16, 2012
Adolite:

Naija slash African mentality....Come America, Almost 75% of the population Tattoo themselves........
Has nothin to do with country or continent but personality.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by JallowBah(f): 9:54am On Oct 16, 2012
Ranoscky: Has nothin to do with country or continent but personality.

Still, I find it funny that many africans here are hating on something that started IN Africa. Tattoos started as a way of showing which tribe you belonged to, and even to this date, you can see the differnce in f.ex mandinkas and fulanis on their tattoos.
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by Ranoscky(m): 9:56am On Oct 16, 2012
JallowBah:

Still, I find it funny that many africans here are hating on something that started IN Africa. Tattoos started as a way of showing which tribe you belonged to, and even to this date, you can see the differnce in f.ex mandinkas and fulanis on their tattoos.
Old testament.
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by Ranoscky(m): 10:04am On Oct 16, 2012
marvelos: Yeah i could if she donated a kidney to me smileysmiley
Even after that, i won't tattoo her name, not even UNDER MY FOOT!
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by JallowBah(f): 10:16am On Oct 16, 2012
Ranoscky:
Old testament.

You also agree on women who get raped to marry their offender? :
Deuteronomy 22:28-29
If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

And do you agree on this one, about clothes?:
Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" (Leviticus 19:19; also found in Deuteronomy 22:11).

And do you agree on stoning your son if he dont listen?:
Deuteronomy 21:18-21

“If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”

Or, let me guess; you just choose some of the laws and rules you wish to follow, right..?
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by showman2901: 10:18am On Oct 16, 2012
I hate tatoos of any kind. I c it as madness n an act of irresponsibility. I wont dare it. Am glad ma honeypie shares ma view 2. So no qualms!
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by yoged(m): 10:28am On Oct 16, 2012
Adolite:
If you still depends your life on Old testament bible verses then you dont need to watch TV or use internet , Laptops......
. Its my life and not yours. It seems you need opera-mini 5.0 on ur head
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by Ranoscky(m): 10:31am On Oct 16, 2012
JB, all that has absolute nothing to do with the topic at hand naa... undecided
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by ikekings(m): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2012
vivian chinaza: I hate tattoo!
Even when your name was tattooed inside my heart?
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by JallowBah(f): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2012
Ranoscky: JB, all that has absolute nothing to do with the topic at hand naa... undecided

No, but he said "old testament" which yes, say you should not change your body or something like that. And I just showed him other things the old testament says to show him that his comment might jut fall right through.
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 16, 2012
To each their own. But No, getting a tattoo of a lover's name is not something I would subscribe to, under normal circumstances. There're a few exceptions I could think of and in those cases, I would consider it (although I wouldn't get a tattoo of his name, but something else that he represents, to me). Besides "those," No. I don't have anything against tatoos themselves, as long as they're meaningful ...which is going to be relative, and in moderation.
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by davades(m): 12:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
May be a week after our wedding during honeymoon
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by larrymoore(m): 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
I detest tattoo.
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by RTOZIA: 6:38pm On Oct 16, 2012
You gotta do your homework., Make sure you have a plan if you guys break up. Make sure you have an artist who can make somethin with the name.
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by NickPowell(m): 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
Why should i Tatoo my lover's Names on my body, my answer is NO! If you love a girl it doesn't mean u should Tatoo her name before she knows that you loved her, as for me if my girl friend see any tatoo in my body she might even break up the relationship.
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by pastormmadu(m): 3:51am On Oct 17, 2012
Tatoo kwa!!!! With dis high rate Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡f break up Åηϑ linking up new lovers? That means before one could settle down finally, he or she must have tattooed d whole body Åηϑ I wonder wre d wife or d husband's name will be tattooed...Åηϑ probably, wen U̶̲̥̅̊я children aя̩̥̊ε Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡f age Åηϑ ask questions, Ʊ will tell them that during U̶̲̥̅̊я skul days, U̶̲̥̅̊я body was used as d blackboard...tattoo ♏v̶̲̥̅ foot!!!!!!
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by OCTAVO: 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2012
*Kails*:
Yes - if he passed away.
Why wait until he passes away?
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by crisycent: 8:02am On Dec 10, 2012
I would rather tattoo my mothers name on my forehead than tattoo the name of one useless girl on my arm.
Re: Can You Tattoo Your Lover‘s Name On Your Body? by chronique(m): 9:07am On Dec 10, 2012
What for? What happens when u break up? So I'll now have a tatoo of almost twenty gals on my body? Never!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

/ Ebony Was Truly A lesbian, New Video Sees Her Deep Kissing Frank Kuri (Photos) / I Slept With My Nebo's Wife!!! (i Am Afraid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.