Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men (16346 Views)

ISIS Publicly Flogged To Men For Breaking Fast / Mali: Girl, 15, Receives 60 Lashes For Speaking To Men On The Street / Muslim Threatens To Hang Christians For Speaking About Muhammad On Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by Gbamar(f): 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2012
Law is law! If the young lady act is not in conformity with TIMBUKTU rules then their punishment is just.Come to think of it,in NIGERIA, Adultery and Promiscuous under the the PENAL CODE is a crime and as such it's punishable by law. In the Southern part of the same country of ours such indecency isn't a crime per the CRIMINER CODE. IF FLOGGING IS THE DISCIPLINARY FORM TO MAINTAIN DECENCY IN THEIR VICINITY SO BE IT. WHAT ELSE, THE LADY HAD BEEN WARNED CAUGHTandFOUND GUILTY 5x before being punished.SO WHAT'S OUR HEADACHE.

1 Like

Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by jude33084(m): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ganys: HYPOCRITES!!!! UNA DON SEE BREAKFAST CHOP THIS MORNING....
Why cant you read the article before spewing non sense here. Its clearly there that the Girl was warned 5 times. Haba!!!....Timbuktu is not Italy where ur sister do their prostytution Trade...No Be So ASHAWO biz dey start...

N.B.
I Dont support the Flogging, But i hate People Commenting without reasons, Small time now, una go shey AIDs dey kill us for Naija, No be so e dey take start

I hope you are okay sha because your comment says otherwise undecided

1 Like

Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by COOLDUN: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2012
sindyko:

Hw wuld u feel, if a girl of 15 year of urs caught with a guy severally, would u commend her for that?. Why would u deterrent against bad habit because that's wat u do severally molesting a girl of under 10 when there is no scripture of ur religion that curb it. It's a major phenomenon to deal or discipline a girl for that.

You are a fool, who told you that the girl was talking to the men for immoral activities? Who are you to judge the girl in that manner? Is every discussion between girls and boys for immoral purpose? Look at how you reason. Are your so called Islamic teachers and leaders not the ones that are marrying an under aged girls? Where there is no freedom of interaction and socialization is where you breed the most corrupt and wayward people. Stop reasoning like a brainless monster. You muslims will never succeed in taking the world back to its dark ages.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by COOLDUN: 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2012
baba ireti: Let the world know that Islam is a Religion created & guided by God,Prophet of Islam came into this world because, men had bastardized the earlier Religions and their book desecrated with vices that knew no bound,but God in his infinite mercy promised through his Prophet,that "this day he has perfected Islam for us as a Religion and he would guide it to prevent it from the hands of the Infidels" so we,Muslims of the world must denounce all forms of hypocrisy and arrant disregard for virtue,so that Muhammad can be the seal of prophet as he had prophesised,without minding the barrage of propaganda by the West and their allies.
Either anyone likes it or not ,Islam has not only come to stay,it has come to rule the world.

A quote from the bottomless pit of HELL FIRE. islam will only rule the world of people like you and not the modern world. Prophet of the living God ended in the Old Testament in the Bible. Christ come to fulfill all the prophesies, and save all the mankind from an eternal destruction. Anyone who claims to be a prophet after the coming and ascension of Christ is a false prophet because after Christ came a peaceful evangelism and wining of souls for God. We know who are the real Infidels, just because the modern civilization makes every worship to be respected. No one can fight for God. Unless a lazy and dead gods.

1 Like

Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by akpanbaba: 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
May be the girl refused to be intimate with her Islamic teacher whose stock in trade is to sleep with small girls.The questions one should ask are; WHO SAW THE GIRL TALKING TO MEN?.WHY DID HE COUNT WARNINGS UP TO FIVE TIMES?.Was he jobless?.It seems this religious demon is on the prowl.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by akpanbaba: 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
secondly can you allow your 15 yr old daughter talking to MEN in street even at night a young gal for that matter?? I guess this's what makes men ra.pe our teenage gals in Nigeria and they become ashawos ~SMH

This is even a big girl going by Yerima's standard.Afterall he married 13 years old girl
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by ektbear: 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
why does Jarus keep moving these threads to Islam for Muslims so that maclatunji can delete and censor everything?

Is the OP a Muslim?

Move to foreign affairs...the mods there are at least somewhat reasonable.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by MadCow1: 3:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
ekt_bear: why does Jarus keep moving these threads to Islam for Muslims so that maclatunji can delete and censor everything?

Is the OP a Muslim?

It must be tough being muslim..
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by dfav: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
same will the Boko Haram do to the North; if they finally succeed
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by ektbear: 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
This is another thread which the mods moved to the Islam for Muslims section:

https://www.nairaland.com/1072590/religious-ritual-sex-being-portrayed

It seems to be a pattern.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by MadCow1: 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
ekt_bear: This is another thread which the mods moved to the Islam for Muslims section:

https://www.nairaland.com/1072590/religious-ritual-sex-being-portrayed

It seems to be a pattern.

Its called zoning...

Maclatunji has to earn his keep so they keep him busy by sending him religously charged threads like these so he can spend time deleting posts made over 6 hours ago...

1 Like

Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by ektbear: 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2012
Well, hopefully we will find out whether it is Jarus or OAM4J who is moving these threads. My suspicion is the former. But we shall see soon..
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2012
akpanbaba: secondly can you allow your 15 yr old daughter talking to MEN in street even at night a young gal for that matter?? I guess this's what makes men ra.pe our teenage gals in Nigeria and they become ashawos ~SMH

This is even a big girl going by Yerima's standard.Afterall he married 13 years old girl

Don't you talk to girls on the street? Since when has talking to a lady on the street in public resulted to a case of ra.pe? Didn't you see how the lady is covered? If we were talking about indecent dressing or wearing clothes that are sexually provocative that would have been a different case. And what makes you think that even when ladies do not talk to guys on the streets they cannot be ra.ped? I guess you haven't heard of cases where armed robbers come to ra.pe women in their homes. Guy if you are one of those who ra.pe girls because they talk to you on the road then I urge you to turn a new leaf.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
Gbamar: Law is law! If the young lady act is not in conformity with TIMBUKTU rules then their punishment is just.Come to think of it,in NIGERIA, Adultery and Promiscuous under the the PENAL CODE is a crime and as such it's punishable by law. In the Southern part of the same country of ours such indecency isn't a crime per the CRIMINER CODE. IF FLOGGING IS THE DISCIPLINARY FORM TO MAINTAIN DECENCY IN THEIR VICINITY SO BE IT. WHAT ELSE, THE LADY HAD BEEN WARNED CAUGHTandFOUND GUILTY 5x before being punished.SO WHAT'S OUR HEADACHE.

How has talking to a guy in public resulted in a criminal offence? You mentioned that she was caught and found guilty; the question now is: who caught her and who pronounced the sentence? For someone to have caught the same person doing one particular thing five times, especially one that relates to a lady talking with guys in public, is tantamount to the person stalking this lady in question. It is easy for you guys to pass judgement on a lady but difficult to mete out the same punishment on the men folk. I wonder how just a law that is meant for only a particular sex would be tagged as being just. Common sense dictates that if a law is made, it should be for all and sundry and not just for a particular sect.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by MadCow1: 4:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
ssssssssssss
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by tintingz(m): 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
Alarib: ....u can't discipline her by flogging oga
and how should they discipline her. . .cuz according to the bible Jesus support flogging with rod.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by tintingz(m): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
striktlymi:
Don't you talk to girls on the street? Since when has talking to a lady on the street in public resulted to a case of ra.pe? Didn't you see how the lady is covered? If we were talking about indecent dressing or wearing clothes that are sexually provocative that would have been a different case. And what makes you think that even when ladies do not talk to guys on the streets they cannot be ra.ped? I guess you haven't heard of cases where armed robbers come to ra.pe women in their homes. Guy if you are one of those who ra.pe girls because they talk to you on the road then I urge you to turn a new leaf.
1. She is warned by police five times not to talk with MEN and i guess she does in the street/public
2. She must be a gal that stays around men alot in the street a 15 yr old gal. . .five times of warning yet she still roaming with men in the street?
3. This men will start sexual harassment with her cuz she's still young her intelligency is not that sharp yet. . .
4. We don't know what a 15 yr old gal will be discussing with men in the street?? For the police to notice her five times she must have stay with them for too long. . .
* No parent will allow and see their 15 yrs daughter talking and roaming with men in the street.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by Frostyzone(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2012
Islam is not a 21st century religion. It's too backward.

1 Like

Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by Policewoman(f): 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
noblezone: Teenage girl receives 60 lashes from Islamists in Timbuktu, Northern Mali for speaking to men on the street.

Soutce: AIT news scroll bar.

http://news.yahoo.com/mali-girl-timbuktu-whipped-speaking-men-182208527.html
And what of the men she spoke to? Or was she talking to statues? Islam is such a shameful religion.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by Jarus(m): 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
ekt_bear: Well, hopefully we will find out whether it is Jarus or OAM4J who is moving these threads. My suspicion is the former. But we shall see soon..

Much as I would have preferred to ignore this, I wonder why it is difficult to use the 'view log' function at the bottom of every thread to check who did what on a thread - which would have showed you it was moved by Seun.

If not through my regular search for my name on Nairaland that linked me to this thread now I wouldn't have known this thread existed. Never even sighted it until my search for 'Jarus' now brought me to this post.

Why don't you come out to tell me you hate me because I am a Muslim, than all these hits in things I don't even know anything about.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by ofurufu(m): 5:58pm On Oct 16, 2012
what?
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by Jarus(m): 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
ekt_bear: why does Jarus keep moving these threads to Islam for Muslims so that maclatunji can delete and censor everything?

Is the OP a Muslim?

Stop exposing your stupidity. Threads I never even knew existed.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by JallowBah(f): 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
Jarus:

Much as I would have preferred to ignore this, I wonder why it is difficult to use the 'view log' function at the bottom of every thread to check who did what on a thread - which would have showed you it was moved by Seun.

If not through my regular search for my name on Nairaland that linked me to this thread now I wouldn't have known this thread existed. Never even sighted it until my search for 'Jarus' now brought me to this post.

Why don't you come out to tell me you hate me because I am a Muslim, than all these hits in things I don't even know anything about.

People tend to see religion before individuals.
Because of the extreme ones.

Like one said up her: The bible supports stoning, whipping, and says, like the quran, that a rapist must marry his victim. They have very much in common, but the CULTURE skips in with the worst parts.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
JallowBah:

People tend to see religion before individuals.
Because of the extreme ones.

Like one said up her: The bible supports stoning, whipping, and says, like the quran, that a rapist must marry his victim. They have very much in common, but the CULTURE skips in with the worst parts.

I will advice you to read the Bible again, and see that there is OLD Testament and New Testament.

Jesus clearly stated among other things that the time for "Any eye for eye" is over.
Any body practicing things in the OLD testament is on his own.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by ektbear: 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
It is only the respect I had for your prior to this that is preventing me from responding with serious insults. Anyway, I'll leave it at this as far as my response goes in this thread
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by codeline(m): 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hbt
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
tintingz:
1. She is warned by police five times not to talk with MEN and i guess she does in the street/public
2. She must be a gal that stays around men alot in the street a 15 yr old gal. . .five times of warning yet she still roaming with men in the street?
3. This men will start sexual harassment with her cuz she's still young her intelligency is not that sharp yet. . .
4. We don't know what a 15 yr old gal will be discussing with men in the street?? For the police to notice her five times she must have stay with them for too long. . .
* No parent will allow and see their 15 yrs daughter talking and roaming with men in the street.

Guy why add your own bit to the story?

1. I wonder when it became a crime to talk to people on the street in public whether men or women. I bet you do the same and I don't see anyone whipping your behind.
2. What gave you the impression that she is a lady of the streets and that she roam about with men? Remember that she was punished for talking not roaming.
3. Are you saying that it is common for men who made such laws to molest unsuspecting girls because they talk to them in public? Remember that this does not support the sense of morality of the men who made such laws. And if that is the fear, why wasn't the law made for the men instead of the women? Cause I believe if a man is flogged for talking with a lady in public them the law would be an effective deterrent.
4. I am still amazed that you swallowed the testimony of the police hook, line and sinker. Is that how the law works for you? You are accuser and arbiter at the same time?
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by Frostyzone(m): 6:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
This thread is a good way of differentiating smart muslims from the stupid ones in Nairaland. Smart ones kept their peace and desist from commenting, while the stupid ones try to justify their stupidity with senseless argument defending an act of pure wickedness.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by ektbear: 7:12pm On Oct 16, 2012
codeline: pls can anybody tell me the difference btw 15yrs old girl and a 12yrs old aisha that mohammed married or the 13yrs old that the former gov of Zamfara married.

The case of the 15 year old girl is even better than the one of a 12 or 13 year old.
Re: Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
sindyko:

Hw wuld u feel, if a girl of 15 year of urs caught with a guy severally, would u commend her for that?. Why would u deterrent against bad habit because that's wat u do severally molesting a girl of under 10 when there is no scripture of ur religion that curb it. It's a major phenomenon to deal or discipline a girl for that.
I get it, you're a sad man. Why will anyone support this barbaric act? Big shame, huge shame on you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ramadan Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Fasting Begins Saturday / Islam Doesn't Teach Terrorism, Clarification Of The Quoted Qur'an Verses / "Observe Eid-El-Fitri Prayers At Home" Sultan Sa’ad Abubakar Tells Muslims Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.