Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) (58224 Views)

Patron Of Matrimony (the Complete Story) / The Complete Assassin / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Shine1177: 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
Well done.

1 Like

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by FoxyRebirth(m): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by chaotik(m): 7:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
Mod, anytime dare afolabi writes pls let it make front page

Way to go afolabi . . .

Gbayi dakun
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Lawconfessor(f): 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
chaotik: Mod, anytime dare afolabi writes pls let it make front page

Way to go afolabi . . .

Gbayi dakun

SecondeD

1 Like

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by akmusty(m): 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2012
Neva knw omo iyaibeji is dis gud wit pen.bravo!
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
Law-confessor:

SecondeD
thirded

1 Like

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by semid4lyfe(m): 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
Interesting episode. . .

Also, I see you've learnt how to modify cool
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Lawconfessor(f): 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
brokoto: thirded

Hahahahahahahaha. Funny U.
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Iaz93: 6:27am On Dec 16, 2012
*waiting*
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Paentera(m): 8:50am On Dec 17, 2012
chaotik: Mod, anytime dare afolabi writes pls let it make front page

Way to go afolabi . . .

Gbayi dakun

We no want noise - just serious readers o jare. All you need do is subscribe to the post so you get updates about it.
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by chaotik(m): 8:04pm On Dec 18, 2012
Paentera:

We no want noise - just serious readers o jare. All you need do is subscribe to the post so you get updates about it.

please educate me . . .

got lost from the inception @serious readers

and this means ??

and which 1 b collective noun . . . speak for yaself "pancreas"
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by thedareafolabi: 9:22am On Dec 20, 2012
Episode Thirteen
“So Help Me God…”

I felt really bad after the discussion with the Deacon but what can I do, I stood up and went to sit beside my boss, I share a few words of wisdom as I learnt from my Mum. I told him everything will fall in place… Like I had a plan; I told him to be strong and promised to research if we could get a buyer for “our” bulbs in another country… E.B.A. The Messiah I called myself later that night.

It was getting late so I begged to take my leave with the promise to go and keep business running at the office and visit every day for briefing..

I had a discussion with Madam on my way out, she blamed Chief Lamidi Ajala for destroying her husband and her family, she lamented about the friends her husband keeps and worried about the children’s school fees abroad, up-keep at home and the future of her household. She went into details but of what use is that to what we have on ground. As the wise Yoruba proverb says; “A knife cuts you and you throw it away, well, the knife as done what it wanted to do. So”

No matter what we say and how loud we castigate chief Lamidi and his cohorts, the deed has been done… Let’s discuss the Way forward please.

I walked to the gate and found it locked, I peeped in to Akpan’s room through the window as I usually do to call him and what I saw again reminded me of the complexity of life and human existence.

I saw Akpan “collaborating” Ntom the house help. On hearing my voice the “collaborators” scrambled out of the bed but as an adult “I know wetin I see oo”. So the boss and his family are having a difficult time and the domestic staffs are less concerned. They couldn’t even leave this night to pretend to share in the pain of their Boss… Well, with the way Madam treats her domestic staffs I don’t expect them to have feelings for her family too.

It took Akpan another two minutes to come out of his room. He finally came out with a multicoloured towel around his neck, he stretched his hands to the sky and rubbed his eyes with his hands like he just woke up for real then yawned and complained about the ventilation of his room, trying to give me reasons for his sweaty body, he said…

“Oga Eddie, sleep don carry me go ni, abeg no vex, see as I dey sweat like Christmas goat, the heat wey dey my room ehnn.. E no get part two…”
I looked at him and smiled, to make him know I am a better liar and a correct Bad guy too, I asked…

“Hope say you dey use condom sha? Because e fit no be only you dey do Ntom oo, abi you noh dey see how she dey play with Walaka? Plenty yanmayanma disease dey outside now o… so protect yourself, if you noh fit hold body use condom.”… I saw his jaw drop and I am sure his “Manhood” would have lost form too, Ntom will answer a lot of questions tonight and as for walaka he shouldn’t even try to crack one of those his jokes with Akpan or eat any food cooked by Akpan, he fit be poison oo… I smiled and winked at Akpan again as I walked to my car.

I drove home in fear, after having a sour taste of what those street lords can do to one, I read every psalm I ever learnt in Sunday school, I got home and fell on my bed, I was deep in thought and somewhere through my thoughts I drifted in to I very deep sleep.

The ray of the early morning sun penetrated the window blinds and hit hard on my eyes. It is morning already, I struggled off my bed and knelt to say my prayers, I finished my communication with the supreme being, took some medicine to relieve my body pains and searched my closet for something light to wear, I finally settled for a khaki combat short and a white tee-shirt then rushed out of my apartment to get a phone at the junction.. Any small phone will do, I need to call my Mum and I know my Anike will be worried too.

I got a small phone for a few thousands and inserted my SIM immediately, I was still trying to read the many text messages Anike sent when her call came in. I gave her a summary of the events that occurred, of course I edited the part I got beating, how man go tell hin wife say den trash ahm, you don ground your ego be that. She promised to close early from work to check on me later in the day. We ended the call and I called Mother.

She prayed for me and showered the usual accolades on me then asked me about the Salmans and what decision I had taken, I told her “God is in control” that I hadn’t taken any decision. I gave her a detailed gist on the happenings in the El-Paso empire, she sighed and told me God was giving me a reason to move on with my life, I also used the opportunity to tell her about the dream I had about me and Funke Salman and how it ended, trying to let her seethe situation from both angles, She asked why I didn’t inform her earlier but lied the dream was just two days before. Maami told me to keep praying for direction and promised to pray for me, she also promised to request prayers for me in church.

“The twins say they miss you o and I heard three of you have agreed that they should come to Lagos next week, I will send your favourite “Ijebu gari” and yam tubers, abi do you need any things else?” my mum asked as we concluded our discussion… I miss those boys and Maami; “Mama Tunde, a.k.a Mama Ibeji”, The Best Mum in the World.

After the phone call with my mum, I bought some hot freshly fried “puffpuff” and rushed home to devour them before it gets cold. As I walked closer to my house I noticed a man standing by the gate to my apartment. He was wearing a green striped “Ankara”, a “kangor” hat, a dark sun glasses and black sneakers.

I walked closer and the man started walking towards me too, we met and I didn’t believe my eyes… It’s The Boss.
“Wetin this man want again?” I asked myself.

He pulled his shades down from his eyes a bit, smiled and winked at me, I smiled back and he signaled we keep walking and we walked into my apartment. Immediately we got in I turned to him and asked;

“Oga what are you doing dressed like this?”

“Ahh!, kole ye e.., you see Eddie when an adult is running, he is either chasing something or something is chasing him, (in conk Yoruba accent please) . Wo when the situation is serious… Serious attention and special intelligence is needed, I have come to see you personally ni, can we go inside?” He requested.

We walked in and I ask him what he wanted for breakfast “like e come from my belle, if he chop for my house na poison he chop… Olohun!”…

He said he wasn’t hungry, so we sat down to talk and I opened my “puffpuff” and pick one as I listened to my Oga.

“Eddie, you know what is happening already and I feel I don’t have to hide anything from you again, you are already family, our relationship is more than that of Boss and subordinate… You are my son and I have failed you as a father and I am sorry… Eddie I have come to correct my wrongs and I want us to work together so we can succeed together as we have always done.”

I finished my first “puffpuff” and picked another one as I continued listening to the words of The Boss…

“My son, I have a domiciliary account, it has about one hundred and fifty six thousand dollars in it, if converted to Naira it is a very large sum, Eddie I want you and me to be a super team once again, I want to call a lawyer or you can call one, let use the money to set up another firm. Which will be co-owned by us, it will do everything El-Paso does and you will be the head and known Chief Executive Officer of the new firm, I will just be a silent man behind you giving you every social, political and business support you need.

Eddie, you and I know you run El-Paso and this won’t be a difficult task for you, we can do this, again Alhaji lamidi and Deacon have things they can fall back on. I invested most of what I have and as the situation is I have lost all I invested. Babatunde, this is a very Good opportunity for us to grow together please I seek your assistance now.” He concluded.

I picked another “puffpuff” again and continued chewing confusingly as the Boss stares at me. The snack has no taste whatsoever in my mouth but chewing just made me feel better, I finished it and I could not still come up with an answered for The Boss.
Then the Boss continued his sermon;

“Eddie, I don’t expect you to answer me now, in fact I feel you are still shocked and angry with me about the bulb import business but I wanted to tell you o, it was Lamidi that said we should not spread the news of the business too much, in fact we planned to give you your own ten percent profit share as a surprise, it is just that the deal didn’t end the way we planned it, Eddie let us make up… I need you now Eddie my boy. We are going places just endure this phase with me and you will be wealthy in no time.”

I pick another “puffpuff” then dropped it again, I looked at the boss and smiled, and he smiled back at me, then he asked if I will do has he proposed but I told him I will think about it, it was then he noticed my swollen eye and asked what happened. I told him the detailed story of how I got robbed because of him and he showed great concern. “For my mind I knew he was doing this caring-caring because of his selfish interest but me sef dey for ahm.. “Agbaya somebody”.

I walked him out of my apartment and watched has he changed his steps in disguise several times walking away.

With more pressure than usual flowing in my system; I suddenly became weaker, heavy hearted and worried about everything happening around me. I walked in to my flat and started putting final touches to my plans, if I must take a stand and make a decision, now is the time… will I accept the Bosses offer? Will the Salmans have me as one of their own for real? I am confused and really wish I had a spare brain, this is getting too much…
So help me GOD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by semid4lyfe(m): 11:14am On Dec 20, 2012
This episode was a bit drab undecided
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by FoxyRebirth(m): 11:29am On Dec 20, 2012
semid4lyfe: This episode was a bit drab undecided

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
Lol @ I wish I had a spare brain. Its not drab Mr semid. It just got more serious...

1 Like

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by brat4222(m): 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2012
This is getting deep and serious. Plenty lessons to be learnt here. Keep it up.
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by oladimeji101(m): 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
thumps up smileyin as much i cant wait to read the next episode,am certain it might be another century... just try post the next episode on time,am sure you might be a bit busy also but just try. impatient to read the next episode,its really getting deeper wink wink cheesy kiss
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by chaotik(m): 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
okay . . .

tape rolling . . .

thumbs up fam . . .

1 Like

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by seuncyber(m): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
nice work
is not easy to write such a good story like this....well to let you no every body in my office are reading your story and i broadcast it on my bbm too....it really show how good your story is and i really learn from it.
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
Lol @ the whole Akpan saga..stretching and pretending he was sleeping ! What an idiot..hahaha

Well done

Lovely story
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by nollywood20: 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
All these would be great for TV.
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by thedareafolabi: 9:00am On Dec 22, 2012
seuncyber: nice work
is not easy to write such a good story like this....well to let you no every body in my office are reading your story and i broadcast it on my bbm too....it really show how good your story is and i really learn from it.

Thanks so much... Words can't express how much I appreciate ur gesture..
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Iaz93: 9:34am On Dec 22, 2012
thedareafolabi:

Thanks so much... Words can't express how much I appreciate ur gesture..
what of me? *frowns*
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
Iaz93:
what of me? *frowns*
thank you too. Happy now?
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Iaz93: 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2012
brokoto: thank you too. Happy now?
Lol! No!
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2012
Iaz93:
Lol! No!
you de laugh out loud and you are still not happy? Confused, no?
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Iaz93: 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
brokoto: you de laugh out loud and you are still not happy? Confused, no?
you no ft understand
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by kufzy: 7:50am On Dec 23, 2012
I'm getting more and more confuse of wat will happen next
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by thedareafolabi: 11:02am On Dec 23, 2012
Thanks everyone and I wish you all a merry christmas and a wonderful new year in Advance.. Cheers..

1 Like

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 23, 2012
thedareafolabi: Thanks everyone and I wish you all a merry christmas and a wonderful new year in Advance.. Cheers..
no update again this year?
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by nollywood20: 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
If you are interested in writing for a TV series by one of the leading TV production companies in Nigeria,
just email publisher@nigeriansreport.com.
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by flexshop(m): 12:15am On Jan 04, 2013
Were dis man go sef undecided

angry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why / DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.