Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero (1614 Views)

Aregebesola: The Unsung Hero In Apc ‘s Path To Presidency / Abia State: An Unbiased Evaluation Of An Unsung Hero / Arc. (obong) Victor B. Attah - Our Unsung Hero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by HammedSodiqq: 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2012
While many other countries celebrate their leaders for recorded achievements, same measure of remarkable breakthroughs are greeted with criticism in Nigeria. Although few have erroneously criticized GEJ'S admin, many objective analyst argue that GEJ is our unsung hero. In less than two years, GEJ has
1. improved on our Aviation facilities, Today,11 existing terminals have been remodeled with 5 new one ones soon? In Gej's one year in power, we saw a total overhaul of existing airport facilities across the country.
2. To cater for a vast majority of almajiri's, Gej started this idea of Almajiri school system in the north. First of its kind.
3. Gej revived 10 NIPP Power plants in one year and yesterday recorded a milestone in the privatization of PHCN. He promised Energy reforms. Today, he has brought to life 10 power stations, and today Nigeria has reached an all time high record of over 4,425MW.
4. GEJ is building more universities and still funding existing ones through increased budgetary allocations and TEFUND. Any wonder why there is relative stability of academic calendar? GEJ settled all issues with ASUU &upgraded retirement age of prof. We need to fix our educational system, that is why GEJ increased edu. Budget to 400B. He promised that each state in Nigeria will have a federal university to achieve parity. Today, d varsities are taking off.

5. He promised to bring Bck the railways. Today, the Lagos-Kano is seriously under rehab while Ilorin-offa-oshogbo-Lagos is Bck. The ones in the north are functioning fully.
6. Before GEJ came in, the oil sector was like a secret cult. No info on subsidy payments. No stats on litres consumed daily. Nothing. It took GEJ for us to know the massive corruption in the oil sector which was hidden and perpetrated by previous govts. A corrupt minded president would have just secretly continued with the culture of making money thru the subsidy regime.
7. GEJ has successfully carried out Electoral reform. Today, only candidates that enjoy people's goodwill can win election. After the Edo Gov. Election, we saw how ACN came on air to praise GEJ for his uncommon revolution in INEC.
8. Gej's quest for transparecy pushed him to sign the forgotten Freedom Of Information Bill. A bill that past presidents refused to sign. Today, you can access any public info unhindered.
9. In his bid to diversify the economy, GEJ introduced different entrepreneurial programmes including YOUWIN, and the repositioning of the Agric Sector.
10. The PIB in still in the National Assembly, when passed, the oil sector will be repositioned for better productivity with commensurate positive benefits to the host communities.
I do not intend to spell them all out, drop yours becos the list is endless. All Hail GEJ

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by 1800bc(f): 2:44pm On Oct 18, 2012
As long as the light is steady...I have no qualms wit his govt...
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by HammedSodiqq: 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2012
GEJ's predecessors feigned ignorance to the massive corruption in subsidy and rather encouraged the cabal with more import licence
I will forever stand by GEJ for taking the courageous step to burst the oil cabal and subsidy fraud

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Euroclydon(m): 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2012
1800bc: As long as the light is steady...I have no qualms wit his govt...

Not a bad position to stand on with you. I agree.
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by HammedSodiqq: 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2012
GEJ is the first to meet UNESCO requirement for Education funding in Nigeria with his all time budget allocation of 400 billion
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Basketmouth1: 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
GEJ has established 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law school in Bayelsa and Adamawa respectively.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Vegetablesoup: 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
he has beginning to started a good works but he had to keep it going so that we can singing him hero all the way.
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by touchmehard: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2012
@OP, you forgot to include the establishment and successful nurturing of the YOUWIN programme -Youth Enterprise With Innovation in Nigeria. An innovative business plan competition aimed at job creation by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas.
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Zutchy: 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
By the time the power sector reforms and agrIc revolution pay off and we start seeing different job openings,then we shall sing his praises to the high heavens this I know will come to pass.
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Itohen: 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2012
i tell you, it is only in nigeria you see that the actions and inactions of executive are met with constant crticism.....for instance the present flood crisis..the president has taken actions yet, he's been criticised for taken actions .... GEJ should only remain focus and imperturbable...i know one day, nigerians and crtics alike will have cause to compare his administration with that of his predecessors and successors... and give him the desserved accolades
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by bubadaniel13: 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2012
As far as I am concern GEJ has not done badly so far,if all are already in the pipeline under one year I can imagine the transformation that will take place before his tenure finishes,I am very sure we will beg him to come back for a second term.... grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by chinedumo(m): 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2012
Something like this should make front page
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Noraokon: 3:55pm On Oct 18, 2012
sentiment aside, GEJs commitment to electoral legitimacy, respect for rule of law and his anti-corruption crusade is commendable. it is unfortunate that some ignorant Nigerians are been indoctrinated by selfish antagonists who have sworn to make the nation ungovernable for the president.
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Femzy24: 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
i believe in due time, Nigerians will appreciate him more
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by EkoIle1: 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
Femzy24: i believe in due time, Nigerians will appreciate him more

You forgot the greatest GEJ achievement. First president to wear shoe..
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by slimming: 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
politicians project.
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by bubadaniel13: 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2012
chinedumo: Something like this should make front page
Who go carry am go front page,us Wei na bad news we want to hear,whether it is on front page or not,GEJ deserves commendation.
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by BeraBera(f): 4:31pm On Oct 18, 2012
GeJ is a silent achiever. He starts from the foundation to execute his projects. He is also laying a solid foundation for his future successors to build on
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2012
I was sure of him when I was campaigning for him and I knew that my vote and that of my wife would count. It is just that Nigeria is not a "nation" but the truth is this: for the first time in a long time (if not since 1960), here is a man who has a vision of where he is leading the country to.

My fear is that another Nigerian politician of the "Nigerian factor" mentality will come up and rubbish every gain we have made so far.

If Nigeria would remain, then we must do our part to go with this visionary leader in the new direction.
I am sorry to bring this up here, but Nigeria is headed for a disintegration.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Joeadamu86: 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
How abt a listening President who gives room for public opinion,he is also gentle,humble and calm,when he had the opportunity to clinch power when his boss took I'll,he kept a low profile and waited for his time,what more do we want from this man,I believe in few months to come Fresh air will be on everyone's lips...

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Puntae: 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
With all these achievements and others yet to be achieved,
credit, no matter how small should be accorded him...
No other President in our democratic dispensation have been able to dissect the anomalies inherent in our democratic system
and finding a lasting solution to it the way he is doing...
take the above articulated instance as a physical evidence to good governance.
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Idokojimmy: 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
Puntae: With all these achievements and others yet to be achieved,
credit, no matter how small should be accorded him...
No other President in our democratic dispensation have been able to dissect the anomalies inherent in our democratic system
and finding a lasting solution to it the way he is doing...
take the above articulated instance as a physical evidence to good governance.
On point
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Maxymilliano(m): 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2012
Jonathan has not fared badly so far considering the parlous state of the economy before he came on stage and the institutionalized / man-made obstacles that is clogging the wheel our progress. I didn't vote for him tho and it is unlikely i'll vote for him except Buhari is not in the race.

There's more to be done and he only need to be resolute in enforcing the requisite will to bring about the desired change we yearn for and which has been elusive.
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 19, 2012
I Love GEJ

Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by ebere1712: 3:20am On Oct 19, 2012
He is not the best person in the world. He is the best president so far. Kudos to him though we expect more. Stable and sustainable electricity would put him in our good books forever.
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 19, 2012
If only boko haram will stop all their nonsense! Insecurity is spoilin everytin dis man is doin!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by banki(m): 9:03am On Oct 19, 2012
yeah i love this president his ministers and his advisers, this morning i qued for fuel for only 3hours i know its not the government fault, i even bought a full tank of fuel for just 4,500 its not his fault, on my way back from the airport yesterday i saw army and airforce every where showing that the nation is very secure.

Then i looked to the left and saw houses beein demolished withouthout alternatives i just told my self this is is leadership at its best, i came back home there was no light in the house and of course we still buy water from mai ruwa, and because there was no fuel or place to buy fuel i still clapped my hands for the government.

you see this government has done so much people deserve to give them kudos because i did not go by road, to lagos the roads have been fixed in just over 3years the abuja lokoja express road is beautiful even the president passed it the other day, people say the problem in nigeria is corruption but during this regime we see that the government has tackled coruption to its root.

The government even said and admitted that we have so many people in government doing nothing so he would reduce cost of governace, so he quickly employed more ministers and special advisers, quick thinking president.

He fixed all our hospitals so well that when his wife wanted to rest she had to go to germany to tell them that our hospitals are good, Boko haram is not a problem its just the global problem, even the floods ravaging the nation he qucikly after 6weeks shared money billions oh for the floods, even though i dont know what the money was for i know he shared the money, its not easy to even create 3million jobs that i can see....

our eloquent, intelligent, beautiful, honest, transperent president
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 19, 2012
banki: yeah i love this president his ministers and his advisers, this morning i qued for fuel for only 3hours i know its not the government fault, i even bought a full tank of fuel for just 4,500 its not his fault, on my way back from the airport yesterday i saw army and airforce every where showing that the nation is very secure.

Then i looked to the left and saw houses beein demolished withouthout alternatives i just told my self this is is leadership at its best, i came back home there was no light in the house and of course we still buy water from mai ruwa, and because there was no fuel or place to buy fuel i still clapped my hands for the government.

you see this government has done so much people deserve to give them kudos because i did not go by road, to lagos the roads have been fixed in just over 3years the abuja lokoja express road is beautiful even the president passed it the other day, people say the problem in nigeria is corruption but during this regime we see that the government has tackled coruption to its root.

The government even said and admitted that we have so many people in government doing nothing so he would reduce cost of governace, so he quickly employed more ministers and special advisers, quick thinking president.

He fixed all our hospitals so well that when his wife wanted to rest she had to go to germany to tell them that our hospitals are good, Boko haram is not a problem its just the global problem, even the floods ravaging the nation he qucikly after 6weeks shared money billions oh for the floods, even though i dont know what the money was for i know he shared the money, its not easy to even create 3million jobs that i can see....

our eloquent, intelligent, beautiful, honest, transperent president

I identify with your perspective, yet:

1. On fuel, the only way to solve the fuel menace is for the subsidy regime to give way. This Mr. President wanted to achieve in January but was resisted. Let market forces determine the prices of petroleum products. Let it be done as soon as possible.

2. Security: The security operatives came out to maintain law and order. Insecurity in Nigeria is as old as Nigeria. If you watch videos of the first elections before the the first coup, then you will see that Nigeria was a mistake. The Whitman created Nigeria for his selfish reasons and went home, relaxed to watch us kill ourselves. Our societal values have collapsed because our family values have all collapsed. When parents pay for someone else to write exams for their children, what kind of society do we expect? How did cultism start in our citadels of learning? While we blame government for the menace of armed robbers and kidnappers, should we also blame government for the menace of suicide bombers who has been taught that killing "infidels" will get him a place in paradise?

3. Infrastructures: All our roads and hospitals cannot all be fixed at once, success is a process not a one time invent. As much as we are expecting more, we should appreciate an effort when we see it.

Finally, Nigerians are part and parcel of the rot in our nation. PHCN officials will prefer you dont have meter, so that you can be on estimated bills, so they can collect the money directly from you. Nigerians want to use electricity without paying for it. Illegal connection is ought to be a crime, but when PHCN officials, law enforcement agents like the police and even lawyers are all involved, who will rescue the nation.
This year, I disconnected PHCN in my house and left the cable on ground for 4 months, and insisted I wont connect it back until they are ready to bring meter. Who steals PHCN equipments if not those who know what to do with it?

I agree that more needs to be done, but let us appreciate the fact that Jonathan has a vision and the will to pursue that vision.

On the other hand, my real desire is that we should call for a conference to answer the million dollar question of "one" Nigeria.
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by HammedSodiqq: 11:17am On Oct 19, 2012
people ply zaria-Funtua-Gusau, Keffi-Akwanga-Lafia, Owerri-Onitsha completed by GEJ yet some people chose not to see it.
people ply Apapa-Oshodi and see Berger working on the road, they use the dedicated bridge linking Liverpool roundabout into Tin can
At the moment, FCDA is developing Kagini phase 1 and 2.
Yet people are not saying GEJ is trying
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by BeraBera(f): 11:18am On Oct 19, 2012
banki: Then i looked to the left and saw houses beein demolished withouthout alternatives i just told my self this is is leadership at its best, i came back home there was no light in the house and of course we still buy water from mai ruwa, t
Bros, here, we are discussing about the President and not the FCT MINISTER who is demolishing houses. Try and read the thread b4 you comment
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by NiceKid2(f): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2012
Haters will broadcast your failure, but whisper your success.
Re: President Jonathan: Our Unsung Hero by HammedSodiqq: 11:21am On Oct 19, 2012
obviously,At least,my electricitysupply has improved with prospects of more improvement with the successful privatization of PHCN.

GEJ 's govt is working on Benin-Ore road which was abandoned during teir respective tenures.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does AMNESTY Mean? / Asari Dokubo Threatens Northern Leaders / Milverton Avenue Constructed By Abia Governor .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.