Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,019 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings (8656 Views)

How Mastermind Of Jos, Zaria Bombings Was Arrested – Military / Nigerian Troops Arrest The Mastermind Of The Jos And Zaria Bombing / Troops Apprehend Mastermind Of Gombe Bombing After Shoot-out (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by LocalChamp: 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2012
Police arrest suspected mastermind of Lagos robberies, kidnappings

Posted by: Jude Isiguzo Posted date: October 18, 2012

A woman who is allegedly behind most armed robbery operations, kidnappings and assassinations in Lagos has been arrested by the state police command.

The force said her vehicle was used for the robbery operation at Iteri area of the metropolis where two policemen were killed.

She also sponsored the abduction and killing of a businessman, Mr. Oddi Nweze and other prominent people in FESTAC, Ikoyi, Surulere, Amuwo-Odofin, Apapa, and Ago Palace way.

Police sources at Area ‘E’, Command, FESTAC Town, where Ngozi Onowu is currently being detained told The Nation that apart from arranging hotel accommodations for the gang which is led by her younger brother, the suspect also registered mobile communications network providers’ SIM cards with fake names and addresses for them.

“It is with these SIM cards that they used to communicate with their victims before their abductions and assassinations. If they are not hired to kill their victims, they will use the SIM cards to communicate with their relations and family members for ransom. The moment ransom is picked, the SIM cards are destroyed,” the source told our correspondent.

The Nation gathered that the two kidnap kingpins that were declared wanted by the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Umar Manko, for their alleged involvement in the killing of Nweze are Onowu’s younger brother and cousin.

“She was the one that arranged their escape. Chibuzor Onowu and Kingsley Okwudili led the gang that killed the businessman. It was Ngozi that helped them to fled from the country,” the source said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/police-arrest-suspected-mastermind-of-lagos-robberies-kidnappings/
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by Afam4eva(m): 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
How can two people be responsible for all the robberies and kidnappings in a city of over 20million people. What kind of junk journalism is this?

12 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by aljharem(m): 6:51pm On Oct 18, 2012
afam4eva: How can two people be responsible for all the robberies and kidnappings in a city of over 20million people. What kind of junk journalism is this?

Have you heard of kingpins and mafias before

Not surprise anyway that you think like that.

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by Afam4eva(m): 6:52pm On Oct 18, 2012
alj harem:

Have you heard of kingpins and mafias before

Not surprise anyway that you think like that.
I don't know much about criminality but it seems you're very conversant with this topic. Why not educate us.
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by aljharem(m): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2012
afam4eva:
I don't know much about criminality but it seems you're very conversant with this topic. Why not educate us.

Am not but with the little I have read about, most crimes in a community are committed the same group of people either organised or unorganised

The above story falls to the organised part. For example which is close to home, the kidnapping in abia back then was organised by one man who was the kingpin Osisikankwu. It is safe to say he did 70-80 % of the kidnapping in abia or at least he knew of them.

Just my thought, their are many other stories like that.

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by T9ksy(m): 7:08pm On Oct 18, 2012
The post said "most.............." and in a twinkle of an eye, you have changed it to "all............".Na wa for you juvenile revisionist o!!!

Anyway, the FACT of the matter here is that MOST of all the armed robbery, kidnapping(including GRANnapping), ati bebelo etc etc occuring extantly

in yorubaland originates from the activities of your industrious, honest and hardworking kith and kins. This in actual fact, is the developement your

breathen has brought to yorubaland.

Am certain, prior to her arrest, Ngozi Onowu would have been paraded everywhere by your ilk as another "Ibo success story", aka "we were given £20 after

the war but look at us now 4 decades later, we own 50% of Lagos, 60% of abuja, 90% of p/harcourt, 40% of kadunna, 45% of kano ati bebelo.

Ain't we ibos, just great?"

17 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by EkoIle1: 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2012
afam4eva: How can two people be responsible for all the robberies and kidnappings in a city of over 20million people. What kind of junk journalism is this?

The world famous ibo logic...never fails..

lmao.
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
Hmmm... Speechless...

Cash rules everything around me/dollar dollar bills y'all...

This just shows everything wrong with the Nigerian state-of-mind and the love of money...

Instead of building a vicious crime enterprise, why not build a Fortune-500 type company??

Kidnapping and robbing normal/poor people is unacceptable...

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2012
maybe now there will be some peace in festac

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by Afam4eva(m): 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2012
oyb: maybe now there will be some peace in festac
I noticed that you've been complaining about festac for some time now. Do you live there?
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
LMAO! This your question got me cracking my ribs! Me sef dey wonder the same thing.if 2 people can be the kingpins and mafians holding Lagos under siege then we too much!

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2012
berem: LMAO! This your question got me cracking my ribs! Me sef dey wonder the same thing.if 2 people can be the kingpins and mafians holding Lagos under siege then we too much!

Read carefully, slowly and tell me you are not honestly ashamed of what you wrote..

8 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by aljharem(m): 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
andre here is another example of una people here on nl

berem: LMAO! This your question got me cracking my ribs! Me sef dey wonder the same thing.if 2 people can be the kingpins and mafians holding Lagos under siege then we too much!

you see, criminality is celebrated by ndigbo nairalanders. tell me if i am wrong

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by amor4ce(m): 12:10am On Oct 19, 2012
Importer/Exporter of crimes

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Lagos Robberies, Kidnappings by tpia5: 12:18am On Oct 19, 2012
they escaped out of the country to where?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rauf Aregbesola Condemns Child Marriage / Enugu North LGA Elders Council Endorse Sen.ayogu Eze / Husppupi Handcuffed By Fbi On His Way To Washington-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.