Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,126 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms (19764 Views)

7 Myths About Fuel Economy / Carpet Grass Plated Car Seen On The Streets Of Akure, Ondo State / How Efficient Is This Fuel Economy Product, Xtreme Fuel Treatment (XFT)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 20, 2012
That's why the need to be a billionaire it very important so that nairalanders will not av to only see them pictures but come to my underground car garage on a special IV and see things for their selves!

Once again help me thank God for making me a billionaire!
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 20, 2012
A-ZeD:

Actually you are the illiterate. where have you seen car purchase only used as the basis of a booming economy?

Who said car purchases were the ''only'' indicator of economic boom? Rising consumer purchases ARE a sign of a growing economy and Nigeria's annual household expenditure is rising at the rate of 9% per annum.

''Household consumption is growing at more than 9% a year in countries like Nigeria and Ghana, faster than the BRIC average. [BRIC=Brazil, Russia. India, China]''

http://qz.com/13567/more-work-more-spend-actis-bets-africas-rising-middle-class-needs-malls-and-offices/

Has the number of jobless people reduced?

It must have, else they could not be such a rapid increase in consumer spending across the nation.

Has GDP increased?

Erm.. yes actually:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/gdp-growth-annual

Has income per capita in Nigeria increased?

Absolutely!

Nigeria

GDP per capita (current US$) 2009 1123.0
GDP per capita (current US$) 2005 796.8
GDP per capita (current US$) 2000 371.6

http://data.un.org/CountryProfile.aspx?crName=NIGERIA

Has the quality of life of the people improved?

Generally speaking, YES:

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/nigeria_statistics.html

OH, AND PLEASE DO STUDY THE LINKS IF IT'S NOT TOO MUCH TROUBLE.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by 2chains1(m): 12:31am On Oct 20, 2012
FRANK-C, I get your point BUT please before you say does changing jobs, check the ratio of those losing jobs to does gaining. Imagine 10 people change to better jobs and 1000 lose and remain unemployed does that help? Look at Spain unemployement is at over 20% and yet we can't boast of a better economy than them even as they are crashing. So forget that succeeding tlk. Because 100 go succeed 10000000 go lose job, so no effect Abeg just worse.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by jaxxy(m): 12:31am On Oct 20, 2012
But dude hw many peeps are purchasing these cars 5% of 140m!!!! If not less. Dis is just naija afluence and greed at WORK!

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ballabriggs: 12:35am On Oct 20, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Who said car purchases were the ''only'' indicator of economic boom? Rising consumer purchases ARE a sign of a growing economy and Nigeria's annual household expenditure is rising at the rate of 9% per annum.

''Household consumption is growing at more than 9% a year in countries like Nigeria and Ghana, faster than the BRIC average. [BRIC=Brazil, Russia. India, China]''

http://qz.com/13567/more-work-more-spend-actis-bets-africas-rising-middle-class-needs-malls-and-offices/

It must have, else they could not be such a rapid increase in consumer spending across the nation.

Erm.. yes actually:

Absolutely!

Nigeria

Generally speaking, YES:

What an absolute scum. Copying and pasting what he does not understand. You need to get a proper education and stop embarrassing yourself.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by NovusHomo(m): 12:37am On Oct 20, 2012
None of which is manufactured IN Nigeria, BY Nigerians, FOR Nigerians!

I love my country I no go lie...

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by NovusHomo(m): 12:38am On Oct 20, 2012
ballabriggs:

What an absolute scum. Copying and pasting what he does not understand. You need to get a proper education and stop embarrassing yourself.
House hold income in the "cities".
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by chucky234(m): 12:39am On Oct 20, 2012
Is that what you call economy boom? What a retard,who cares about Porches,Phantom or Bentley.
Getting a 2012 Benz E500 will work magic for me any day,I don't give a fvck about your RR.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 20, 2012
OP, not a sign of economic boom. Just the manifestation of the hustlers called Nigerians. Good sign however. This was not the same pre-1999.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by chucky234(m): 12:42am On Oct 20, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Erm.. yes actually:

Absolutely!

Nigeria

Generally speaking, YES:

Where did you get this shyte?
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by takedat(m): 12:47am On Oct 20, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Erm.. yes actually:

Absolutely!

Nigeria

Generally speaking, YES:

You claim rising consumer purchases is an indicator of economic boom. Yes, it only applies to countries where Savings is higher or proportionate to Consumption but the otherwise is the case with Nigeria ie consumption without savings cos we live for the moment.
You claim household consumption in Nigeria is growing more than the BRICS nations. The BRIC nations are producer of finished goods and are more industrialised than Nigeria which runs an import based economy.
Unemployment rate is optimal high, more companies and businesses folding up than those establishing.
Quit giving priorities to all these rating sites cos there are mostly liars
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Areaboy2(m): 12:58am On Oct 20, 2012
ballabriggs: Typical Nigg.ar mentality.

Car na measure of progress. Chai Black man black sense. I was expecting stuff like manufacturing value added rises as the economy booms. I was expecting Nigeria's steel mill hits 50% of planned output as economy booms. Or even Women literacy rate up by 20%. I see cars imported from another mans land.

What does it take to have these? Oil price rises, you earn more Petrodollars, income rises, you import more and you rejoice. SMH

bros, your comment is priceless..

hope sey dem go educate themselves by reading your write up

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by NovusHomo(m): 1:01am On Oct 20, 2012
None of which is manufactured IN Nigeria, BY Nigerians, FOR Nigerians!

I love my country I no go lie...
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 20, 2012
take dat: You claim rising consumer purchases is an indicator of economic boom.

As do even student economists, not to mention professors!

It really is Economics 101

Yes, it only applies to countries where Savings is higher or proportionate to Consumption

Says who? Care to post supporting academic/professional back-up for your claim? Learn from the way I do it.

but the otherwise is the case with Nigeria ie consumption without savings cos we live for the moment.

Beer parlour analyis. Speak for yourself.

What studies have you done?

You claim household consumption in Nigeria is growing more than the BRICS nations.

I didn't claim it. Professional economic researchers from Actis, a UK Private Equity firm did. These are the sort of people who have nothing to gain and everything to lose (such as their credibility) by releasing invalid information/studies on nations, so when they speak, you listen.

The BRIC nations are producer of finished goods

As is Nigeria. I'll be happy to provide a list of products manufactured in Nigeria. You do realise the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria has 2,000 member companies?

and are more industrialised than Nigeria which runs an import based economy.

More beer parlour analysis. India is probably more import-dependent than Nigeria is, and is far from being ''industrialized''. In fact Indians as a whole are poorer than Africans according to the latest studies.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/india-far-poorer-than-africa-new-measure-shows/story-e6frg6so-1225891801078

Unemployment rate is optimal high, more companies and businesses folding up than those establishing.

WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE? Provide back-up.

Quit giving priorities to all these rating sites cos there are mostly liars

You call the UN, UNICEF, World Bank sites 'rating sites' and 'liars'? You would just rather we all debate without information to massage your doom and gloom depression? Sorry, NO. We will not debate blindly on this thread. You make a claim, you back it up, OR BUGGER OFF.

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 20, 2012
ballabriggs:

You think I'm an illiterate like you? You won't ''understand'' it because it doesn't portray the all-is-horrible Nigeria of your vivid imagination... ode oshi.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by takedat(m): 1:22am On Oct 20, 2012
ROSSIKE:

As do even student economists, not to mention professors!

It really is Economics 101

Says who? Care to post supporting academic/professional back-up for your claim? Learn from the way I do it.

Beer parlour analyis. Speak for yourself.

What studies have you done?

I didn't claim it. Professional economic researchers from Actis, a UK Private Equity firm did. These are the sort of people who have nothing to gain and everything to lose (such as their credibility) by releasing invalid information/studies on nations, so when they speak, you listen.

As is Nigeria.

More beer parlour analysis. India is probably more import-dependent than Nigeria is, and is far from being ''industrialized''. In fact Indians as a whole are poorer than Africans according to the latest studies.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/india-far-poorer-than-africa-new-measure-shows/story-e6frg6so-1225891801078

WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE? Provide back-up.

You call the UN, UNICEF, World Bank sites 'rating sites'? You would just rather we all debate without information to massage your doom and gloom depression? Sorry, NO. We will not debate blindly on this thread. You make a claim, you back it up, OR BUGGER OFF.
Guy am tired of all these your academic post that has no ripple effect on realities. Your argument is that Nigerians now have a higher Purchasing Power so are prone to consume more. If so you mean consuming inferior and substandard goods,Yes
You claim unemployment is on the decline. Bloody Liar
You claim Nigeria is more industrialised than India, Hell No.
Check with CAC the numbers of registered and functioning companies and make a survey of those who have closed down due to infra structural and financial constraint.
Finally stop living a lie by depending on outsiders projections cos there are quick to lead you astray
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by jaxxy(m): 1:23am On Oct 20, 2012
When the oil in Naija finishes wat next I guess we will understand the true state of d economy of dis country cos rite now we r living majorly of 1 sector. Car sale don't added notin 2 our economy so far we aint d manufactures of d cars. And even d oil we have we are scaming ourselves of it. Nonesense!!!
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Shaw007(m): 1:25am On Oct 20, 2012
But Nawa O!!! When will this country finally be free of all these Negative thinking never-do-wells!! Everything rossik said about the economy ish is absolutely correct,gt ntn mr 2 add....ANyway sha let me Hold my peace

........I'v always hated sedans and trucks,i think they are for Old Ppl. . .i mean why ride In a truck when u can get a porsche, , ,buh dat lamborgini is One beauty man! cool

And timaya's bentley LOoks Oldtongue
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by yinchar(m): 2:44am On Oct 20, 2012
Please Biko stop showing this pictures.....because of our IGBO brothers.....you tempting someone......

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by pappilo(m): 3:07am On Oct 20, 2012
See as dem turn Phantom to pure water! Naija no dey carry last. The car that stood out for me was the Aventador that was on a truck. Is that really in Naija? If so, the owner get am por taste!
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 20, 2012

outside of the logo, this sums it up - for the op, pictures of some 30 'exotic' cars are an indicator that the economy is booming

never mind that the majority of nigerians are dirt poor, and a significant part of the population has been rendered homeless by floods and the govt with the booming economy has been unable to enforce the simplest palliative measures

balla briggs is right - straight up ghetto mentality from ghetto fabulous rossik, the same man who celebrates the importation of floor tiles as economic progress. our pseudo pan aficanist will latch onto anything in his desperation to deceive himself that the country is moving when it is regressing.

the shrinking working class is wondering just how hard the rest of the year will be what with floods are escalating food prices, and some bling minded child is posting pictures from bella naija and linda ikejis blog of the vehicles of celebrities, several of whom are musicians who make a lot of their money from foreign shows.

abeg stop spamming us and go and work for team jona - with your abysmal ignorance and earnest desperation to engage in 1984 type self delusion, you will be a perfect fit

4 Likes

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Memphis357(m): 4:29am On Oct 20, 2012
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by appleton: 4:51am On Oct 20, 2012
Food for thought
I Recall as a kid that a man in my Neighborhood became popular for engaging in money rituals just to buy the 80's edition of the Honda Prelude. You wouldn't buy that car for 50k today.
I Remember as a kid, my whole street converged to watch a truck deliverd a very large satellite dish to my neighbor's house. Today a dish one tenth that size delivers 5 times the value and is in almost every student hostel room.
What about the Volkswagen Santana, Mercedes Benz V booth, 505 cocaine, all overtaken by Camry,Honda discussions and Infinity? .... Vanity.
A friend declared drinks for the boys because he just launched the Nokia Communicator for over a hundred grand in 2002. Today that phone would embarrass the owner and is a joke compared to the low cost and everyday phone. What about d MTN sim card dat many people went extra miles b4 dey bought it for over 30k, today u will not buy it at N200.
People are still making the most amazing sacrifices over the 'vainest' of things, make enemies over worthless material things. What can I Say? Look back at that one thing you want to kill or die for today and see what becomes of it tomorrow.
Slow down with the sense of attachment and blind pursuit of things, for today's 'gold' is tomorrow's 'copper'...

6 Likes

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Godogwu: 4:53am On Oct 20, 2012
ARES: I know a man in texas that owns an oil well, he drives a 2004 bmw, he drives himself. NigerianS should go ask mc hammer the effect of buying unnecessary expensive automobile on ur pocket. Because when the hammer hits, niggas will be writing a memior named "how To go broke real fast"

So everyone should drive a 2001 toyota camry even if they are making millions and billions to show that they are investing ?
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Godogwu: 5:02am On Oct 20, 2012
take dat: Abeg @Op what sort of idiocy are you trying to display here? Is it your aim to encourage criminality cos most of the vehicles on display belongs to 419ners, Drug pushers, Subsidy thieves and ritualists excluding the artists.
So because Dbanj drives an aston martins it means our economy is booming. Go to major bus stops across the federation and see millions queuing to get a cab not to talk of those who would trek.
Guess you were trying to say that GEJ has improved the economy that is why dubious people now drive posh cars.Trying to judge the economy with the affluence of selected few

you just said a whole load of rubbish!!, how many 419ners, drug pushers, subsidy thieves and ritualist (if you believe in such) exist in Nigeria?, how much do they make?? how many of them live freely? .... There's no point in telling you that there are people who make legitimate money in Nigeria but hey!, there are lot!!!... Someone who racks in on average N3m a month can afford a range rover etc and someone who racks in about N10-15M a month on average can afford a Bentley, get your act together.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by keletex2000(m): 5:23am On Oct 20, 2012
Nice cars,but I'm not convinced until I start seeing a few Buggatti's grin.... See cars! Choi! shocked
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by bigx(m): 5:28am On Oct 20, 2012
WHOA!!! Sweet eye candy, I looove!

On a sidenote though, I wonder why people just thrive in poverty, roughly 15 years ago we had only tokunboh cars on the road or veeeeeeeeery old cars, anyone buying one of this type here was sure to make it to the front page of the soft-sells, timaya, ay and psquare are not politicians or drug dealers or scammmers. To those hating, this should be a push to get out there and work hard + smart.

For the rest talking about "tomorrow's copper" and millionaires driving their personal BMW's, why didn't you mention millionaires owning million dollar yacths?

Your mind is what would keep you where you are.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Burger01(m): 5:37am On Oct 20, 2012
Good. Se naija don dey better be that? Make naija better wella make I come share from the national cake...
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 20, 2012
appleton: Food for thought
I Recall as a kid that a man in my Neighborhood became popular for engaging in money rituals just to buy the 80's edition of the Honda Prelude. You wouldn't buy that car for 50k today.
I Remember as a kid, my whole street converged to watch a truck deliverd a very large satellite dish to my neighbor's house. Today a dish one tenth that size delivers 5 times the value and is in almost every student hostel room.
What about the Volkswagen Santana, Mercedes Benz V booth, 505 cocaine, all overtaken by Camry,Honda discussions and Infinity? .... Vanity.
A friend declared drinks for the boys because he just launched the Nokia Communicator for over a hundred grand in 2002. Today that phone would embarrass the owner and is a joke compared to the low cost and everyday phone. What about d MTN sim card dat many people went extra miles b4 dey bought it for over 30k, today u will not buy it at N200.
People are still making the most amazing sacrifices over the 'vainest' of things, make enemies over worthless material things. What can I Say? Look back at that one thing you want to kill or die for today and see what becomes of it tomorrow.
Slow down with the sense of attachment and blind pursuit of things, for today's 'gold' is tomorrow's 'copper'...
End of discusion
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 20, 2012
Godogwu:

So everyone should drive a 2001 toyota camry even if they are making millions and billions to show that they are investing ?
Like duncan mighty?
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by jamp: 6:06am On Oct 20, 2012
Ufeolorun: I PRAY FOR ANOTHER BOOM LIKE 2007, MAN!,AM HOLDING ONTO MY ANCHOR BUT CARS ARE THE LEAST SIGNAL NJARE grin

I pray for another like that brossssss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Not Washing Your Car Properly In Australia Could Earn You A Fine Of N162,000 / What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? / Please Advice: Best Route From Lagos To Abuja (road Trip)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.