Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,065 members, 7,953,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:00 PM

Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms (19995 Views)

7 Myths About Fuel Economy / Carpet Grass Plated Car Seen On The Streets Of Akure, Ondo State / How Efficient Is This Fuel Economy Product, Xtreme Fuel Treatment (XFT)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ochukoccna: 6:23am On Oct 20, 2012
So been a material donkey is a sign that Nigeria's GDP is going north? undecided undecided
That I don't get yet cool cool in a country where the statistics we are been fed & regaled with daily fail to leap off the pages they are inscribed upon into real life scenarios when you walk the streets and interact with the populace angry angry

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by 2sexy(m): 6:34am On Oct 20, 2012
ballabriggs: Typical Nigg.ar mentality.

Car na measure of progress. Chai Black man black sense. I was expecting stuff like manufacturing value added rises as the economy booms. I was expecting Nigeria's steel mill hits 50% of planned output as economy booms. Or even Women literacy rate up by 20%. I see cars imported from another mans land.

What does it take to have these? Oil price rises, you earn more Petrodollars, income rises, you import more and you rejoice. SMH

That is the Nigeria we live in bro... we have completely lost it as a nation... and it can only get worse.

And the best thing any smart guy can do now is to carve a niche and explore that niche... that is what you see all this musicians ,comedian and entertainers enjoying.... nobody wants to go school any more... they want to become a p square, 2face, eldee, a mikel, etc...

Naija is DEAD!

And to the Mods on here, the fact that there is power in words, ad copy should never be used unethically... stop misleading headlines please.

Nigeria is such a MONSTER where everyone would eat you... KAI (Kick Against Indescipline)
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ba7man(m): 6:35am On Oct 20, 2012
Truely, the average Nigerian's purchasing power has increased. When i was younger "Tokunbo" cars were the order of the day but nowadays, cars bought brand new are plentiful on the streets. There is a growing population of self employed middle class.
If you are currently under employment, you won't belive this but your boss and his friends certainly will. If you don't belive the economy is getting better you certainly will get left behind too.

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ba7man(m): 6:45am On Oct 20, 2012
I'v worked with lots of young self employed people who want to build or refurbish their own property,a large percentage of them are self made who belived in thenselves and their country.. Not every rich person you see is a Thief,Govt workr,oil bunkerer or fraud. A lot are honest hardworking individuals too. If you have that mentality, sorry but u can't get rich in this country.....well, that's why the rich are always few, they think differently.

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ba7man(m): 6:55am On Oct 20, 2012
The moment you belive u can't make it in Nigeria......You can't make it in Nigeria.
That's why the self employed rich individual is a rare breed....... but your boss will understand. You can also hardly get this type of wealth if you employed too. Fact.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by albacete(m): 7:18am On Oct 20, 2012
ba7man: The moment you belive u can't make it in Nigeria......You can't make it in Nigeria.
That's why the self employed rich individual is a rare breed....... but your boss will understand. You can also hardly get this type of wealth if you employed too. Fact.
[size=15pt]
Sure dude! It's all about ur mindset. [/size]
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 7:18am On Oct 20, 2012
ballabriggs: Typical Nigg.ar mentality.

Car na measure of progress. Chai Black man black sense. I was expecting stuff like manufacturing value added rises as the economy booms. I was expecting Nigeria's steel mill hits 50% of planned output as economy booms. Or even Women literacy rate up by 20%. I see cars imported from another mans land.

What does it take to have these? Oil price rises, you earn more Petrodollars, income rises, you import more and you rejoice. SMH

Did u read the topic? You just start to rant like you don't possess sense. Rubbish
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by erniok(m): 7:34am On Oct 20, 2012
Fruittyswaqboii:

Did u read the topic? You just start to rant like you don't possess sense. Rubbish
you sir, should go back and read the topic. USA uses non-farm pay roll to justify the health of their economy even though they have consumer price index (CPI), they do not really rely on it.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ImpactWorld(m): 7:35am On Oct 20, 2012
Why are nigerians so negative? Why do we bring politics into every issue? Is it lack of deep knowledge or just deep hatred for the govt?
@ Op, u have done well. For those using their opinions as facts, not so long ago, nigerians largely used bicycles & motorcycles. Since OBJ raised minimum wagecivil servants now afford cars. Again, Household furnishing with TV & electronics used to be standard for up-coming youths. Now it is cars. As the prof said in another thread, most nigerians CAN spend minimum of #100 weekly on their phones. Or is it when everyone drives Bentley that we will believe the economy is improving?

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by patrickmuf(m): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2012
In a country where the standard of living is low and the cost of living is high amongst a greater percentage of the populace people still don't realise 9ja is in a mess?...Smh @op all those cars out there could easily be owned by 10 different persons, now whats the population of 9ja again?+140m...Abeg reason well b4 u post rubbish
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 20, 2012
sorry to burst your bubble but exotic cars are not a measure of a booming economy. when infant and maternal mortality is at an disgraceful rate, lack of BASIC and i mean BASIC infrastructure is not in place for the everyday man or woman on the street than how is a bentley on the streets of lagos/abuja a measure of a economic giant. children are still dying of basic malaria.

where people are using child labour for all manner of work, education system is a mess and the facilities in the schools and universities are nothing to write home about, lack of ambulance service - the international airports are a joke and because a select few out of the 150 million in nigeria manage to buy brand new luxury cars people think that Nigeria is now a leading economic super power? I really really hope people are investing this money as well as buying these cars.

I'm all for people spending their hard earned money on what they want after all footballers but these cars as well, but there is something that leaves a bad taste in the mouth when there is such poverty and lack of basics and people honestly think showing off the latest range rover is the height of achievement.

2 Likes

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ba7man(m): 7:59am On Oct 20, 2012
albacete: [size=15pt]
Sure dude! It's all about ur mindset. [/size]
I like people that think like this around me....The chips might be down but don't stop beliving.

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ba7man(m): 8:10am On Oct 20, 2012
A lot of people expect things to be handed down to them.A lot remain poor because they lack knowledge. I used to think "There are no jobs in this country" but now when i have a project to execute I pay men far older than me. If i had sat back like those that complain,waiting for Govt to provide i wouldn't b in that position. And I'm filled with hope that if i bump into enuff wealthy clients that pay generously.....I might just be able to afford one of these cars.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ba7man(m): 8:26am On Oct 20, 2012
A bricklayer that works for me owns his own home. My elctrician and carpenter also do. It might be located in Ikorodu outskirts and Ibafo but its theirs. They aren't well educated. They don't have to drive Bentleys but its a sign of an improvement in the economy, more people are building.

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ba7man(m): 8:34am On Oct 20, 2012
When I was younger the school of thot was "GO TO SCHOOL,GET GOOD GRADES AND GET A GOOD JOB". But the youths of nowadays don't wait for all that, they start legit biz in school and nuture it. These are the people that end up driving flashy cars early......not only fraudulent ones.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2012
appleton: Food for thought
I Recall as a kid that a man in my Neighborhood became popular for engaging in money rituals just to buy the 80's edition of the Honda Prelude. You wouldn't buy that car for 50k today.
I Remember as a kid, my whole street converged to watch a truck deliverd a very large satellite dish to my neighbor's house. Today a dish one tenth that size delivers 5 times the value and is in almost every student hostel room.
What about the Volkswagen Santana, Mercedes Benz V booth, 505 cocaine, all overtaken by Camry,Honda discussions and Infinity? .... Vanity.
A friend declared drinks for the boys because he just launched the Nokia Communicator for over a hundred grand in 2002. Today that phone would embarrass the owner and is a joke compared to the low cost and everyday phone. What about d MTN sim card dat many people went extra miles b4 dey bought it for over 30k, today u will not buy it at N200.
People are still making the most amazing sacrifices over the 'vainest' of things, make enemies over worthless material things. What can I Say? Look back at that one thing you want to kill or die for today and see what becomes of it tomorrow.
Slow down with the sense of attachment and blind pursuit of things, for today's 'gold' is tomorrow's 'copper'...
For the first time in several months, I have to commend a post. Chief, you have spoken well!
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ImpactWorld(m): 8:47am On Oct 20, 2012
@ba7man, am so impressed with ur comments.
You know the problem with Nigeria is nigerians. We are so negative, uninformed, destructively-critical & take every issue personal or judge issues with our personal, negatively-biased opinions.
A former foreign ambassador to Nigeria recently said & I quote "Nigeria is a great country of good people with bad leaders. But that is an irony because the people make up the leaders" Think about it.
It is my belief that ' the greatest poverty is that of the mind and not of material resources'
Nigeria is the way it is because of nigerians. "The people get the leaders they deserve"

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 20, 2012
Ufeolorun: I PRAY FOR ANOTHER BOOM LIKE 2007, MAN!,AM HOLDING ONTO MY ANCHOR BUT CARS ARE THE LEAST SIGNAL NJARE grin

Are you refering to the stock market boom of 2005 to 2007?

I wish i could have my money back.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 20, 2012
Ricky_Ross: Hard work pays.
Lamborghini Gallardo and RR Phantom are my favorite cars from this collection.

Have you seen a bentley close range? Its as good as a Rolls Royce and sexier.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by OmoTier1(m): 9:14am On Oct 20, 2012
La Parisienne: Can someone Please lend me the McLaren SLR for just a day? I aint greedy ya know wink
No sweetie, I would 'dash' you the Supersonic Thrusters -ST-, the race to Heaven just got sweeter wink
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by OmoTier1(m): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2012
okpara ugo:

Have you seen a bentley close range? Its as good as a Rolls Royce and sexier.
The one owned by L'oreal. She was so close that I had believe it was the woman. Aparently, she has not even a single body guard, unlike Nigeria, where dangote would have body guards ready to shoot any mosquito that dares to suck on oga tongue
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Wadosky(m): 9:17am On Oct 20, 2012
Talking about the economy,
the poor are getting poorer while the rich are getting richer.
Nice exotic whips anyway,let me not get my hopes too high till I get there.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 20, 2012
The cars are definitely there but that's not †☺ say we have an economic boom, Chief Tom Ikimi has over 200 cars with most the cars here in his fleet Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd he's not even the current government. I hope you get the point.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by OmoTier1(m): 9:30am On Oct 20, 2012
blink182: The cars are definitely there but that's not †☺ say we have an economic boom, Chief Tom Ikimi has over 200 cars with most the cars here in his fleet Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd he's not even the current government. I hope you get the point.
That tells us there a boom boom amongst the rich but no prosperity in Nigeria. But then, let us not give up hope, we all need to keep fighting the wicked leadership in the land and Nigeria will rise out of the waters, not like a dolphins of the West, nope but like the Saudis and Qataris of the middle east.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 20, 2012
blink182: The cars are definitely there but that's not †☺ say we have an economic boom, Chief Tom Ikimi has over 200 cars with most the cars here in his fleet Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd he's not even the current government. I hope you get the point.

thank you. next thing rossik defender and advocate of the nigerian police, will post pictures of the fleets of cars owned by the presidency and house of reps as more evidence that the economy is booming
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ba7man(m): 9:39am On Oct 20, 2012
ImpactWorld: @ba7man, am so impressed with ur comments.
You know the problem with Nigeria is nigerians. We are so negative, uninformed, destructively-critical & take every issue personal or judge issues with our personal, negatively-biased opinions.
A former foreign ambassador to Nigeria recently said & I quote "Nigeria is a great country of good people with bad leaders. But that is an irony because the people make up the leaders" Think about it.
It is my belief that ' the greatest poverty is that of the mind and not of material resources'
Nigeria is the way it is because of nigerians. "The people get the leaders they deserve"
Thank you my bro. I used to think like them too. I don't know how you can see all the signs of an improving economy around u nd still not belive. Old buildings are being torn down for new ones, big buildings are appearing once again, hotels, clubs, bars, new cars on the roads.....is it only frauds, Government officials and Criminals that patronize these places So every sucessful man i see must be a criminal?? I see why a lot of people will remain average or poor.....its their mentality that holds them down.

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by icez: 10:03am On Oct 20, 2012
Nice collection of cars. wink
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by AZeD1(m): 10:06am On Oct 20, 2012
ba7man: Thank you my bro. I used to think like them too. I don't know how you can see all the signs of an improving economy around u nd still not belive. Old buildings are being torn down for new ones, big buildings are appearing once again, hotels, clubs, bars, new cars on the roads.....is it only frauds, Government officials and Criminals that patronize these places So every sucessful man i see must be a criminal?? I see why a lot of people will remain average or poor.....its their mentality that holds them down.
You my friend don't get the point. People are saying you don't use car import to justify a booming economy. Spain's economy is crashing but some guys over there are getting richer, some people are also buying cars and building houses.
If the OP had said elite cars on Nigerian streets, nobody would have said a word.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by schwerz(m): 10:47am On Oct 20, 2012
That's Black for you, & we will always be Black...Blacks are rich & whites are wealthy, think about it.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ba7man(m): 11:04am On Oct 20, 2012
A-ZeD:

You my friend don't get the point. People are saying you don't use car import to justify a booming economy. Spain's economy is crashing but some guys over there are getting richer, some people are also buying cars and building houses.
If the OP had said elite cars on Nigerian streets, nobody would have said a word.
I get your point sir,u r right, "Booming Economy" is the wrong choice of word in this situation, "Improved Economy" would have been better. I just belive an increase in these cars means more people now have a higer purchasing power b'cos more money is in circulation as a result of an improved economy.
Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by ba7man(m): 11:09am On Oct 20, 2012
I see these cars and i see opportunity. Yes. Imagine someone with sufficient funds notices this trend of cars, gathers a bunch of jobless youths, flies in an expert in service and repairs of these cars to train them, imports equipments and sets up a high tech garage that caters to these cars....what do we have?? More employment and it aids the economy.

1 Like

Re: Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms by sconsults: 11:56am On Oct 20, 2012
Life[size=18pt]Life is good. Made 2billion naira on a 1 million naira investment within 11 months ,thats why i love this country[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The All New 2019 Bmw M5 Competition Has Emerged From The Woodwork. (photos) / This Is Ripsaw EV2,The World’s Fastest Luxury Super Civilian Tank / What Is The Size Of A Car's Reserve Tank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.