Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? (7765 Views)

Robots Are Being Made To Replace Men As Bedmate By 2025 / Why Young Girls Prefer To Date Married Men As Their Lovers / Why Do Most Women Prefer Having Men As A Friend/confidant Rather Than Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by OCTAVO: 11:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
I wonder if it is a general psychological thought pattern that men should not be presented roses or beautiful flowers at large as a gift from their partner, cos this is not practised in our society.
Ladies, have you ever given any man a rose or any other flower?
Gentlemen, have you ever received flower as a gift?
Does flower have anything to do with gender?
Pls kindly share your thoughts.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by 190theclown: 12:09am On Oct 20, 2012
any lady that gives me a rose as a gift would only come back the next day to see a full farm of roses at my frontage!! angry angry

Wtf happened to beer, liquor vodka, im a man for phuck sake, not some girlie angry
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by jigwe101: 12:12am On Oct 20, 2012
I dont think theres anything wrong with giving my bf a rose. As a matter of fact, I think its an added gift idea. Just as how girls do not usually propose to their partners, girls do not give flowers to men. Its not a taboo or anything, its just not usually done

1 Like

Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by Kenistry(m): 12:19am On Oct 20, 2012
Offcoss, flowers r feminine in nature, atleast biology tells us more abt dat. Women r fragile, delicate & 'swt smellin' jst like flowers, thus dey r cherished, treasured, attractive & priceless jst like some flowers. If malhandled, dey wither jst like flowers too. If u want to treat a lady right, study a nice & beautiful flower, nuture & treat her jst like d flower........and watch her blossoms in sound womanly values.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by Mynd44: 6:09am On Oct 20, 2012
If I comment here some guys will call me gay again
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by lagcity(m): 6:16am On Oct 20, 2012
I think it has to do with the fact that roses symbolize v@gina; that's how the whole rose-giving started in some culture (i can't remember that european culture).
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 20, 2012
Why the heck would you want someone to give you a flower?

Fagotry! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by omotola1(m): 8:12am On Oct 20, 2012
Hmmmmn
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 20, 2012
I'm not dating a sissy so why on earth would i give him a flower?? undecided
Its only effeminate guys dat'll collect flower from their babez and still be shining teeth like a fool.
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by Lovetinz(m): 9:07am On Oct 20, 2012
Oh, you wanna give me a rose?
don't send it, bring it in person.
..Come on girl, don't be shy,
come closer, a lil closer, just a lil bit closer..
Door slams shut!
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by candieangel12(f): 10:28am On Oct 20, 2012
When I was dating an ex, I thought about buying him sum flowers as an apology gift, but then I realized it was too feminine and he prolly wouldn't like it. So instead I bought him the watch he had been dying 4. && he loved the watch, he still wore it even after we broke up n got a new gf. grin
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2012
why give me flower,when you can give me n.i.p.p.l.e.,apple.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by fairygeh(f): 10:29am On Oct 20, 2012
Hmmm i remember when i was a teenager and my boify then was having his bday,he told me then he liked roses n flowers,it sounded awkward to me but was kinda happy deep inside me,@least i wnt spend money grin grin grin.he loved it though accompanied with a mild kiss.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by Inspired4life: 10:31am On Oct 20, 2012
Flowers are THE SYMBOL of adoration and profound love. They are meant to show a strong positive emotion of regard and affection towards a person. Traditionally men express love more outwardly, hence they are the givers of flowers and not necessarily the recipients. But it is not out of place for a man to receive flower as gift.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by DMainMan: 10:43am On Oct 20, 2012
fairygeh: Hmmm i remember when i was a teenager and my boify then was having his bday,he told me then he liked roses n flowers,it sounded awkward to me but was kinda happy deep inside me,@least i wnt spend money grin grin grin.he loved it though accompanied with a mild kiss.

na wa o. So u av been doin since wen u ar a teenager. Chai

1 Like

Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by DMainMan: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2012
fairygeh: Hmmm i remember when i was a teenager and my boify then was having his bday,he told me then he liked roses n flowers,it sounded awkward to me but was kinda happy deep inside me,@least i wnt spend money grin grin grin.he loved it though accompanied with a mild kiss.

na wa o. So u av been doin since wen u were a teenager. Chai
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by EXCELLENCEAbia: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2012
women don't think that men are to be cared for. flower is like uncooked egg so since women don't see men as a being that need some certain attention, they to continue living their hard life and them enjoy
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by daparadise(m): 10:44am On Oct 20, 2012
Its awkward...only females receive flowers...
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by miteolu(m): 10:51am On Oct 20, 2012
MEN are BIGGER than flowers
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by Havilah93(m): 10:51am On Oct 20, 2012
wetin make we use am do? undecided
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by fairygeh(f): 10:56am On Oct 20, 2012
DMainMan:

na wa o. So u av been doin since wen u were a teenager. Chai
. Eewoooo,just a mild kissː̗̀ now,nothing more and a mild *** grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 20, 2012
i dont think anyone should be given flowers, either men or women. cut beautiful flowers to give to someone and they die in a week. its a waste of the earths resources. we all cant be as wasteful as caucasians or the earth will be flooded in no time. dont let the ways of the wicked seduce you
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by candieangel12(f): 11:01am On Oct 20, 2012
obadiah777: i dont think anyone should be given flowers, either men or women. cut beautiful flowers to give to someone and they die in a week. its a waste of the earths resources. we all cant be as wasteful as caucasians or the earth will be flooded in no time. dont let the ways of the wicked seduce you

LMAO @ the bolded.
But seriously if you take care of the flower, it can last a long time. Put the flower in a vase & water it consistently. I for one like receving flowers from a significant other.
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by virginvampire(m): 11:03am On Oct 20, 2012
cos the presenter might receive a heavy slap
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 20, 2012
WTF! This thread is gay..i'm out

1 Like

Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by RickyRoss1(m): 11:07am On Oct 20, 2012
I am an African, I cannot pretend to love or like flowers like white people. Na follow follow dey kill black Africans.
On my birthday, buy me something that is worthy, something that has value and then you can add flower to it. Bringing basket of flower's to me will only make me sad and i will return 5 basket of flowers to you in return.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by pastorprosper(m): 11:12am On Oct 20, 2012
OCTAVO: I wonder if it is a general psychological thought pattern that men should not be presented roses or beautiful flowers at large as a gift from their partner, cos this is not practised in our society.
Ladies, have you ever given any man a rose or any other flower?
Gentlemen, have you ever received flower as a gift?
Does flower have anything to do with gender?
Pls kindly share your thoughts.
Thanks.
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by chucky234(m): 11:13am On Oct 20, 2012
Why give flowers to a man when they bears feminine names like Rose and Lilly,imagine presenting a Rose flower to a man whose name is Obasanjo.
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by pastorprosper(m): 11:14am On Oct 20, 2012
No offence meant buh, wots ur sexual inclination. Sounds gay to me. Men!? Flowers! I mean who does that. shocked
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by 360command: 11:17am On Oct 20, 2012
A man is not close to the colours or scents of a flower.This is why males are not given flowers.
Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by Idealkocep: 11:18am On Oct 20, 2012
Ricky_Ross: I am an African, I cannot pretend to love or like flowers like white people. Na follow follow dey kill black Africans.
On my birthday, buy me something that is worthy, something that has value and then you can add flower to it. Bringing basket of flower's to me will only make me sad and i will return 5 basket of flowers to you in return.

If you be African, why you dey answer ricky ross? No be names like okija, amadioha, adelabu, etc suppose be your profile name....grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? by valicious1(m): 11:18am On Oct 20, 2012
WTF! Its like giving your girlfriend Vodka or ogogoro as gift for God's sake.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men / What Would You Do If U Met Your Partner In This Position / Guys Pls Stop Patronizing These Stupid Runz Gurlz!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.