Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) (21829 Views)

Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED) 2015/2016 Admission Forum. / Ogun Scraps Tai Solarin University & Merges Four IT Polytechnics / Solarin's Widow Locks Mayflower School In Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Emioga: 9:25am On Oct 22, 2012
i remember when i was in junior school she conducted the listening comprehension exams for us,it was very difficult to hear her.i also remember you in the dinning hall(shouting MOVE MOVE!!!!)u touched lives;this i know.rest in peace iya tunde
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Emioga: 9:47am On Oct 22, 2012
guy those dogs were mean,scared us so much we wouldnt be able to take our food at the dinning hall
garri_gangster: She had some very ferocious dogs and was very kind and humane as well. Rest in Peace Sheila Obinrin Ogun
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Emioga: 9:50am On Oct 22, 2012
9590(junior school)12964(secondary school)it been ages
234GT: I am 12508 (secondary) for life!
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Dehley(m): 10:20am On Oct 22, 2012
Very sad gettin de wind of her death but notwithstanding, it was a life well spent. I'm proud to be part of Mayflower, RIP Madam
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 22, 2012
Sagamite:

Abeg more stories like this about a great woman that changed Nigerians' lives and we refuse to celebrate.

Nigerians will rather celebrate Atiku (the billionaire civil servant) than to celebrate Beko Ransome-Kuti.

This is very on point.
Almost every one who has passed through mayflower junior school as a pupil learns and posseses a unique and beautiful style of handwriting. . .courtesy Sheila's initiative.
Its hard to be close to her and not be touched or impacted in one way or the other. . .

But Nigeria will prefer to honor Dame Patience with a national award and ignore the priceless likes of Sheila.

We are truely a deluded nation.

1 Like

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by akinyemmzy(m): 10:48am On Oct 22, 2012
Rip madam 21003
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by 50samuel(m): 11:25am On Oct 22, 2012
Havilah93: RIP ma'am.....remembered some time ago when she was a guest on WWTBAM's special edition, Who deserves to be a millionaire....such a dedicated woman.....

that was the first thing that came to my mind, what a brilliant woman even at her old age!!! Mama RIP
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by gbollytee(m): 11:30am On Oct 22, 2012
RIP MADAM....sheila obirin ooogunnn
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
valeroso_h:

12687 here...is this Ibro Abd.? Sup man?

It is ooooo. Ibrahim Abdullahi
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by razznaija(f): 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
breezy047:

This is very on point.
Almost every one who has passed through mayflower junior school as a pupil learns and posseses a unique and beautiful style of handwriting. . .courtesy Sheila's initiative.
Its hard to be close to her and not be touched or impacted in one way or the other. . .

But Nigeria will prefer to honor Dame Patience with a national award and ignore the priceless likes of Sheila.

We are truely a deluded nation.

True.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by HolyTrader: 2:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
Does anyone know that Pastor Kumuyi, the great man of God, the Founder of Deeper Life, attended May Flower? Does that not tell us the kind of Leaders (with great Discipline) that were brought up at the school? You all can see how Kumuyi lives compared to our many “modern” prosperity preachers, especially that bald-headed, jet-buying, pastorpreneur – the grandmaster of all con-pastors. Money doesn’t buy class.
Mama, your selfless lifestyle tells a lot about you, and you will always live in our hearts. RIP Mama Sheila!
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by garrigangster: 5:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
methodman: ...Funny sha...see my hommies on nairaland. Oddy how u deh na. Abeg dont u think we shud all come together and do something tangible to honour Madam?
Boss, I hail o. Anything to honour madam, am in!!!
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by senola1: 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
Rest In Peace Late Madam Shiela Solarin, we would all miss you. Wow< i feel like the glory of Mayflower is fast diminishing especially with the nes of Madam's death. I wonder what will become of this great school in the next 5 - 10 years. it petrify's me.
Anyway, The Solarin's have written their names in the Sands of time. On this note, i remember.

LINCOLN'S GETTYSBURG ADDRESS.

Four scores and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men were created equal. But now we are engaged in a great civil war; testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated shall long endure, we are met on a great battle field of that war, we have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting place for those who gave thier lives that this nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this, but in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men both living and dead who have struggled it here far above our power to add or detract.

The world will little note nor long remember what we have done here, it is for us the living rather to be dedicated to the unfinished task remaining before us and it is from these honoured dead we take an increased measure of devotion to that cause which we gave the last measure of devotion and that we here highly resolve that this nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom and that the government of the people, by the people and for the people shall not perish but have everlasting life.
AMEN.

This is written somewhere @ the back of our MerryMayflower.

12618 - Olajide Oladapo grin cool

Moreover i would love to attend the burial. Who knows when?
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Exmay(m): 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2012
Information reaching me has it that Madam would be committed to Mother earth this Nov. Nov 8th and 9th.....
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
sen ola: Rest In Peace Late Madam Shiela Solarin, we would all miss you. Wow< i feel like the glory of Mayflower is fast diminishing especially with the nes of Madam's death. I wonder what will become of this great school in the next 5 - 10 years. it petrify's me.
Anyway, The Solarin's have written their names in the Sands of time. On this note, i remember.

LINCOLN'S GETTYSBURG ADDRESS.

Four scores and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men were created equal. But now we are engaged in a great civil war; testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated shall long endure, we are met on a great battle field of that war, we have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting place for those who gave thier lives that this nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this, but in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men both living and dead who have struggled it here far above our power to add or detract.

The world will little note nor long remember what we have done here, it is for us the living rather to be dedicated to the unfinished task remaining before us and it is from these honoured dead we take an increased measure of devotion to that cause which we gave the last measure of devotion and that we here highly resolve that this nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom and that the government of the people, by the people and for the people shall not perish but have everlasting life.
AMEN.

This is written somewhere @ the back of our MerryMayflower.

12618 - Olajide Oladapo grin cool

Moreover i would love to attend the burial. Who knows when?

Keep the memory coming.
@ dapo: did U̶̲̥̅̊ remember ibro 12686.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
valeroso_h:

S/N 12687 on here...I think I know who this is...u were in JS1 silver right?

Pls what's ur fullname: am in that class ibro. It's quite a long time n I can't remember pls.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by valerosoh: 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
ibrodex:

Pls what's ur fullname: am in that class ibro. It's quite a long time n I can't remember pls.

...I remember we modified ibro to become 1 biro (one biro)...those days!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Control Your Anger / 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike / TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.