Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) (21827 Views)

Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED) 2015/2016 Admission Forum. / Ogun Scraps Tai Solarin University & Merges Four IT Polytechnics / Solarin's Widow Locks Mayflower School In Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Exmay(m): 11:56pm On Oct 21, 2012
From my user name you will definitely know that I'm one very proud Ex-may... And it saddens me to bid this great Woman of valour farewell...

Sheila Obinrin Ogun... Sun re o.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Kasfud: 12:02am On Oct 22, 2012
proud to be an Ex-may
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 22, 2012
Sleep well! Madam Sheila Solarin.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by stonefaze: 12:31am On Oct 22, 2012
wink
MAYOWAAK: Once upon a time, a man named Tai Solarin and his wife Sheila founded the Mayflower School in Ikenne,Ogun State. The Late Tai Solarin and his wife were unrepentant 'atheists'. Yet, christians, muslims, traditional worshippers sent their kids to the school because of the quality of education. The school flourished and produced some of the best brains in Nigeria of today. In spite of the quality, the school fees wasn't out reach of the average Nigerian family. Tai Solarin and his wife though atheists, their legacy forever lives on. Now the question is, how many 'Christian' families can afford to send their kids to the current 'Christian' private school founded by popular pentecostal movements? Moral of the story, you need not to wear a white collar or grow long beard to impact on humanity. Service to humanity is not a religious matter.
WORD.....

1 Like

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 22, 2012
Hello my pple, i dont knw who madam sheila is but i knw u can be known and revered if u want to. Pls dear posters all i love in my life is progress and positivism. Pls whatever u can do to help humanity around you, do and help them. I wish i can know u all but nature would always take its course. Dear posters do not fret, do not fear, whatever u want to be in life pls go for it, i want to see thousand sheilas in Nigeria. I want you to be a colossus of hope, bright ambitous men and women of our age. I love you all posters be it ex-may or un-may like me. Let us all live to make a difference. Love u all.

Olumide
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by stonefaze: 12:37am On Oct 22, 2012
tiarabubu: [size=25pt]See the kind people wey suppose get national award for bringing qualitative education to Nigerians[/size]
yes oooo.but,guy,she's no more naaaa.she's Resting In Peace
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by bookface: 12:42am On Oct 22, 2012
Sagamite: These are the people we should be celebrating, our fucktards will be worshipping those that destroy their lives.

https://www.nairaland.com/1077961/best-first-lady-nigeria-ever

Exactly! This makes me wonder about the reasoning of many Nigerians sometimes. Even those who claim to be educated.

For instance, how has Dame Patience Jonathan contributed meaningfully to anybody's life?

Sheila Solarin left her country more than 60 years ago to help build a Nigeria that no one cared to build.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by AndroBlaze: 12:52am On Oct 22, 2012
tiarabubu: [size=25pt]See the kind people wey suppose get national award for bringing qualitative education to Nigerians[/size]

God bless you!!!!

R.I.P ma and I pray you find your reward where it truly matters.

Also may your family's legacy remain enviable.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 22, 2012
RIP to one rare good lady of virtue.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 22, 2012
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by garrigangster: 1:38am On Oct 22, 2012
Sogo10: funke adesipe
Wao. Funke wassup. Dis is Odekunle Ayokune (oddy). 15588
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by dudelucious: 2:41am On Oct 22, 2012
Rest In Peace Madam Sheila Solarin.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Olutala(m): 6:04am On Oct 22, 2012
She lived a simple and exemplary life. Modest in dressing and was very humble; always in her khaki skirt and short sleeve blouse. Never saw her wear any make up. Mother and friend to those who seek knowledge. Remember some of her assembly addresses.
Remember those days in junior sch when she read our mid term comprehension passage to us. Sometimes when walking along i saw her in her office marking several essays written by students free of charge. We will trully miss u ma. Rest in peace.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:14am On Oct 22, 2012
Dear Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, sad Sheila Solarin Is Dead. Where is D MON, OON. U dont knw those to honour. I WEEP 4 U!

1 Like

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 22, 2012
bymbola: Sheila obirin ogun
Sheila obirin rere
Omo to bi ju egberun lo, me le ka won ton
Mama koito, sa ma ko wa niso, ao se omo fun e

Agba ilu ewa wo sheila, obirin ogun o
Eya wa wo sheila oo, eya wwa wo sheila oo, mama nla
Eyin obirin ewa wo sheila obirin ogun oo,
Eya wa wo sheila oo, eya wa wo sheila oo, mama wa

Eyin okunrin ewa wo oko re, ke le ko ogbon oo
Eya wa wo sheila mama wa.

Doctors lo bi jo, lawyers lo bi jo
Bankers lobi jo, engineer lobijo
Koito, sa ma ko wa ni so oo
Ao se omo fun oo....

Of the greatest Ex-mays

From far away, i hear sweet voices calling me,
And in my thoughts come memories flooding fast...........

RIP MADAM SHEILA (As we fondly called her)

PROUD TO BE AN EX-MAY
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Sogo10: 7:09am On Oct 22, 2012
garri_gangster:
Wao. Funke wassup. Dis is Odekunle Ayokune (oddy). 15588
oddy,wen u go change.i am not funke.am only telling u dat escadah is funke adesipe.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by valerosoh: 7:41am On Oct 22, 2012
Jayfizz: I never knew there where a lot of ex mays on nairaland.s/n 12695 keeping it real...

S/N 12687 on here...I think I know who this is...u were in JS1 silver right?
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Yankeeboi: 7:45am On Oct 22, 2012
Su re mama dada,i can remember most of your correction during my WAEC essay writing lesson.

You're a very good teacher///you're mine rolee model,str8forward,no nonsense and blunt.

RIP MA.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by KuforijiThomas: 7:46am On Oct 22, 2012
Rip d wife of d founder of my great Sch Tasued.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by forkinsonlolo(m): 7:51am On Oct 22, 2012
RIP mama rere embarassed
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by valerosoh: 7:55am On Oct 22, 2012
methodman: ....Dat means u be 2003 set. Mine is 12714. Shebay...

Shebay!!! Sup man...12687 here...ologs
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by methodman(m): 7:56am On Oct 22, 2012
Jayfizz: Yeah and I was also in B4up..
Wow.....Also in B4up Angle 15. Abeg wetin be ur name?
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by methodman(m): 7:59am On Oct 22, 2012
Sogo10: oddy,wen u go change.i am not funke.am only telling u dat escadah is funke adesipe.
...Funny sha...see my hommies on nairaland. Oddy how u deh na. Abeg dont u think we shud all come together and do something tangible to honour Madam?
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:08am On Oct 22, 2012
OSUNLAJA OLUJIMI - s/n 11384
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by valerosoh: 8:10am On Oct 22, 2012
ibrodex:

Mine is 12686 while for the primary school (MJS) am 8178.

What a great loss for the ex-mays.

Hail mayflower junior school,

Knowledge is light,
And so the sages say.

May she rest in peace.

12687 here...is this Ibro Abd.? Sup man?
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by valerosoh: 8:12am On Oct 22, 2012
Glorified_Tunde: OSUNLAJA OLUJIMI - s/n 11384

Boss u sef dey here...Oluseye(New Horizon) 12687
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Sagamite(m): 8:39am On Oct 22, 2012
bookface:

Exactly! This makes me wonder about the reasoning of many Nigerians sometimes. Even those who claim to be educated.

For instance, how has Dame Patience Jonathan contributed meaningfully to anybody's life?

Sheila Solarin left her country more than 60 years ago to help build a Nigeria that no one cared to build.

Patience has contributed to their lives and is their favourite First Lady because she distributed rice before the election.

Awon fucktards! People destroy their lives, destroy the local healthcare system to the point they die on average by the age of 49 (one of the lowest 10 life expectancy in the world) and then the lifedestroyers/looters and their family go abroad with taxpayer's money to get quality healthcare (e.g. Maryam, Patience, Stella and Umaru Yaradua while his wife seized the presidency), the fucktards are now congregating to elect which is the best that impress them the most.

Fcking black moorons!

Awon baboons!

2 Likes

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by 6ft: 8:39am On Oct 22, 2012
Sheila,wife of Tai Solarin dies @ 88....
"sheila obirin ogun,sheila obirin rere,omo tobi jegberun lo mele kawon ton.....sa ma kowa nisoo a s'omo fu en"
PROUDLY EX.MAY @11316
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by fizzybaba(m): 8:42am On Oct 22, 2012
11189, Angle 3, B3UP, SS3 GOLD
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by wale81: 8:44am On Oct 22, 2012
Good to see so many ex-mays on Nairaland. I remember madam marking my essays free of charge. It was an honor knowing her and Doctor. I remember back in my day, doctor would be waiting for us at 5:15 am in the morning without his shirt for our morning exercises or "Physical Jerks".
The education and reasoning I got from there was solid...
This woman left the comforts of the UK to come suffer with her husband in an unknown country and stuck with him for over 60 years. Compare this with some (not all) of our ladies today who will tell a young man with a vision that "they didn't come to the world to suffer"
RIP madam....sheila obinrin ogun....sheila obinrin rere...great woman...I would never forget you!

1 Like

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by phemieojelabi: 8:47am On Oct 22, 2012
[size=14pt]SHEILA Obinrin Ogun Omo to bii ju egberun lo.....May ur humble soul rest in Perfect Peace.I can neva 4get 5:15 "MORNIN DRILL" with DOKKY Papa ayedun,akanpo,Oga-udeh n d rest of hostel warden.ADIEU MAMA a true HERO (9777 b2dwn angle 14)[/size] cry KNOWLEDGE IS LIGHT
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Sagamite(m): 8:50am On Oct 22, 2012
wale81: Good to see so many ex-mays on Nairaland. I remember madam marking my essays free of charge. It was an honor knowing her and Doctor. I remember back in my day, doctor would be waiting for us at 5:15 am in the morning without his shirt for our morning exercises or "Physical Jerks".
The education and reasoning I got from there was solid...
This woman left the comforts of the UK to come suffer with her husband in an unknown country and stuck with him for over 60 years. Compare this with some (not all) of our ladies today who will tell a young man with a vision that "they didn't come to the world to suffer"
RIP madam....sheila obinrin ogun....sheila obinrin rere...great woman...I would never forget you!

Abeg more stories like this about a great woman that changed Nigerians' lives and we refuse to celebrate.

Nigerians will rather celebrate Atiku (the billionaire civil servant) than to celebrate Beko Ransome-Kuti.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Control Your Anger / 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike / TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.