Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) (21826 Views)

Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED) 2015/2016 Admission Forum. / Ogun Scraps Tai Solarin University & Merges Four IT Polytechnics / Solarin's Widow Locks Mayflower School In Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by omidan21: 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
violent:
Aiye nbe nibe!
Aiye nbe nibe!

Omo ogbon ko ma bo ni mayfulowa kowa fogbon seun rere!!!

Ile ogbo oohh.
Ile-iwe ti mayflower,o daara o wun mi oo eeHh
Ogbon wan ni be ooh
Owun mi ooh taara taara.

Bi se ba toi de,Awa a sise
Bi ere ba ti de,Awa a seere

Omo ogbon koma bo ni mayflower,

*smile*i guess I completed it.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by mrbrush: 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2012
Mama may you RIP
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Boblanre: 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
AULD LANG SYNE

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And days of auld lang syne?

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

1 Like

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by hollypagan: 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
See me see respect for oyibo if na black man die them go take course follow am 9ja ppl any way RIP MADAM
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by swiftycool(m): 9:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
Oh what a great loss! This woman taught me when I was growing in SSH how to read fast, how to write beautifully, how to make jam from pawpaw, how to luv n treat animals, care for plants and about the ozone layer/global warming as well as many world issues since my Jss days! I am so blessed because of my training under u and uncle Tai. U were a selfless gift and a great blessing to our generation! We Ex-mays bear witness, RIP madam!

2 Likes

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by vislabraye(m): 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
Its usually after people are gone that they get remembered. If we have more humanitarians like this, the country would be better.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by vislabraye(m): 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
holly-pagan:
See me see respect for oyibo if na black man die them go take course follow am 9ja ppl any way RIP MADAM

You sound like you have a complex.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by ochukoccna: 9:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
Never knew you
Never met you
RIP
Raise the bottles of Big Stout I had tonight in a toast to thee
Hope you find bliss wherever you are
Peace to thee as life goes on
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by fame12k(m): 9:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
Gud nite madam, proud 2b an ex-may, s/n 12000....... 2002set
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by shadrach77: 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
RIP Sheila!

'to ba dele ko ki baba re eniyan rere, yee yee yee yee eniyan rere' cry cry cry
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by daylae(m): 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
Oww, RIP!! She was on WWTBAM and proved to frank and her two accompanning celebrities she should be the one answering those questions and not them. She had to rescue them a couple of times. No doubt, she was one of those rare educators.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by daylae(m): 9:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
vislabraye:

You sound like you have a complex.
a better-than -none complex.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by akinnaija(m): 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
Madam Sheila sun re ooo. Thank you for everything you taught me, the values I have no, I learnt the foundation from you. I never struggled with English.
You showed me the true religion, which is love others as yourself. James 1:27 says Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

My mother just called me now to let me know that Sheila is dead, do you know why? It is simply because that was the school that built the foundation of my core.
You were too good for this world. You taught me to write and I can never forget your signature.

Sleep tight madam...
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by tsmith(f): 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ex may representing!

My s/n is too dear to me, as it's my PIN on all my cards!!

Rest in perfect peace with your husband, Madam.

This reminds me of one song, let me know it it rings a bell in anyone's head

'madamu kan waa, madam
Oo mo bo nshe cut, madam
Owa ni wipe, who is ojomo?
Ojomo come down'
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
tiarabubu: [size=25pt]See the kind people wey suppose get national award for bringing qualitative education to Nigerians[/size]

hmmnnnn......not really!!! Her husband?? YES!!!!!
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by CELLULAR(m): 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
I think its time we create a thread for fellow Ex-Mays on Nairaland.
Sweet melodies,sweet songs of Mayflower is all coming back to me.
Congrats Sheila for a life well spent.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by novexme(m): 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2012
R.I.P to Mama, Madam Sheila Mary Sholarin. Obirin Ogun. Intellectual, confidant and activist. Am proud to be called one of your children. Xmay
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by sylve11: 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
Journey well madam! sad cool
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by oderemo(m): 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
r.i.p madam sheila. sun re.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2012
what a great loss? i loss one of my teacher in life. Madam Sheila Solarin co-founder of mayflower. may your soul rest in peace.

can't forget the pap and beans,
and can't forget BABA YEDU, Mr MAMA,Mr Animashaun, Anti Bola and many more.

1 Like

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2012
RIP

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by andyanders: 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
RIP Ma
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by ayoola2002(m): 10:38pm On Oct 21, 2012
Rest In Peace. May almighty God forgive her sin. (amen)
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Sogo10: 11:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
escadah: Madam is gone...Sheila Obinrin Ogun, Sheila Obinrin rere...I am proud to be an EX-Mayflower Student..
funke adesipe
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Sogo10: 11:09pm On Oct 21, 2012
siobahn: May her gentle soul rest in peace!
guy,we plenty o.16522
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Sogo10: 11:13pm On Oct 21, 2012
Rest in peace madam. 16522
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Sogo10: 11:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
salafiyy: those she belive in God existence?...if she is not, forget it, she's burning in hell right now
Bleep u

1 Like

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Sagamite(m): 11:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
These are the people we should be celebrating, our fucktards will be worshipping those that destroy their lives.

https://www.nairaland.com/1077961/best-first-lady-nigeria-ever
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
R.I.P madam. U n ur husband were true nigerians dat fought 4 d interest of nigerians, unlike some suppozd 'leaders' dat championed ethnic interests n unrealised personal ambition.
Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by bymbola(f): 11:28pm On Oct 21, 2012
Sheila obirin ogun
Sheila obirin rere
Omo to bi ju egberun lo, me le ka won ton
Mama koito, sa ma ko wa niso, ao se omo fun e

Agba ilu ewa wo sheila, obirin ogun o
Eya wa wo sheila oo, eya wwa wo sheila oo, mama nla
Eyin obirin ewa wo sheila obirin ogun oo,
Eya wa wo sheila oo, eya wa wo sheila oo, mama wa

Eyin okunrin ewa wo oko re, ke le ko ogbon oo
Eya wa wo sheila mama wa.

Doctors lo bi jo, lawyers lo bi jo
Bankers lobi jo, engineer lobijo
Koito, sa ma ko wa ni so oo
Ao se omo fun oo....

Of the greatest Ex-mays

Re: Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) by Remii(m): 11:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
RIP Mama,
I still remember this grand old mama sometimes last year on Who Wants To Be a Millionaire" answering a N2m question in sciences that young guys by her sides found difficult.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Control Your Anger / 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike / TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.