Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,247 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Shy Guys - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Shy Guys (947 Views)

10 Ways Shy Guys Act When They Have A Crush / Some Things Shy Guys/ Girls Do When They Have Crush On Someone / 8 Reasons Why Shy Guys Are The Best Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shy Guys by toria12(f): 12:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
how to talk a girl, hope this will help. Tell a Girl You Like Her

That person who makes you mumble or drop a stack of papers while talking to her, or walk her to her locker and forget to go to your own; that girl you like but don't seem able to tell. Telling a girl you like her is simple, but is often complicated by muddled thinking. It requires some common sense - putting yourself in her position and considering that she doesn't really know you yet may help you as you prepare to let her know your feelings. Girls just love that.

Steps

Tips and Warnings

Looking presentable and cool, and wearing body spray or something that makes you smell good. Girls do not like it when you smell bad and you are sweaty. They dig the guys that wear Abercrombie body spray and that kind of stuff. Don't be intimidated by looks (hers or yours). Look around - beautiful girls aren't always with beautiful guys. A lot of times, funny or nice is better than handsome.

Be confident, be assertive, and control your nerves and patience.

Be prepared for her answer. A nice, calm response from you, no matter what she says, can give her something to think about later, even if it doesn't seem to go your way at first.

Be prepared in your speech, remember your 'script'. It is good to plan what you are going to say before hand. Try to practice in front of a mirror so you can see yourself through somebody else's eyes. Say things like "Hey (name), whats up?" and follow by something like "I'm not going to lie but I have some feelings for you". "And I just wanted you to know that."

Do it in person instead of calling her on the telephone. Asking a mate to do it for you has 50/50 chance of backfiring and making her think you aren't confident enough. Sometimes though, it works and the girl thinks it's really sweet that the boy is too nervous. If you don't feel confident enough, use the a phone conversation as a last resort. Most girls prefer talking face-to-face!

Don't be afraid of embarrassment. Who cares what other people think?

Try to be romantic, tell her when you two are alone. It may be more embarrassing for the both of you if other people are around.

When you tell her, it should be something that has a little bit of a story, and is sweet. Girls like sweet guys! Don't just pass her in the hall and say "I like you." It's not as touching, will make you look silly, and the less touching it is, the less likely she is to respond the way you want.

Don't be cheesy with her! Be absolutely real and truthful (no jokes) , she'll appreciate this more than anything.

Do not say anything stupid unless you are absolutely sure she is going to laugh. Otherwise it just makes the situation more awkward for you.

Be honest. If you like a girl, tell her! But not in front of anyone or she may be compelled to say no under peer pressure.

Don't say it jokingly or she won't know if you really do like her or not. She might even think you were just teasing (trying to look cool or something, etc.) and get upset.

Don't hide that you like her. That will only make things worse, and you will most likely never get a chance with her.

Don't crack a joke right after you tell her. She might not think you're serious.

Try to kiss her at that moment. You should probably know that she likes you back before you kiss her, to save her any awkwardness. Don't wait for her to make the first move though. Most girls wait for the guy to make the first move in every situation.

Try to tell her you like her in a semi-private setting. It may be a good idea to ask her out to a movie. This will give you a chance to talk to her afterward without the influence of friends or family, allowing you to have her full attention.

16Try to tell her you like her in a semi-private setting. It may be a good idea to ask her out to a movie. This will give you a chance to talk to her afterward without the influence of friends or family, allowing you to have her full attention. Gud luck.
Re: Shy Guys by dmcdad: 12:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
Nice one for novices... And also a reference for otherz..
Re: Shy Guys by Mary4life1(f): 1:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
Good but the no 14 is stupid.any guy that trys that would receive a very hot slap.
Re: Shy Guys by ikechukz(m): 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
no be small thing
Re: Shy Guys by DExplorer1: 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
Give credit to the website you copied it. That's more reasonable. *too many of you around here*
Re: Shy Guys by lolaluv1(f): 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
Nice one there, Mister OP.
Shy guys, shey una dey hear. One shy guy sent a fellow girl to toast me, I was pissed.
Re: Shy Guys by dmcdad: 2:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
lola.luv:
Shy guys, shey una dey hear. One shy guy sent a fellow girl to toast me, I was pissed.

Ehya.. You shouldnt b.. People are just different u know..
Re: Shy Guys by IZUKWU(m): 2:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
lola.luv:
luv, what happened to campus blues, are you going to update any time soon!
Re: Shy Guys by leslieu63(m): 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2012
pls dont try no 14 on a warri babe oooh, it will only amount to a hot slap on your face.
Re: Shy Guys by lolaluv1(f): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
dmcdad:

Ehya.. You shouldnt b.. People are just different u know..

Well, maybe pissed is a strong word. But it felt somehow sha.

This guy travelled a distance to see me and then sat in the sitting room while the girl was doing the toasting in the dining room. I just started laughing, couldn't help it.

I don't like it when somebody toasts me for someone, but since you put it that way, I'll cut shy-guys some slack.cheesy

IZUKWU: luv, what happened to campus blues, are going to update any time soon!

Yep, Izukwu. I'll do that sometime soon. Thanks for asking....
[quote author=dmcdad]

1 Like

Re: Shy Guys by dmcdad: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2012
[quote author=lola.luv]

Well, maybe pissed is a strong word. But it felt somehow sha.

This guy travelled a distance to see me and then sat in the sitting room while the girl was doing the toasting in the dining room. I just started laughing, couldn't help it.

I don't like it when somebody toasts me for someone, but since you put it that way, I'll cut shy-guys some slack.cheesy

Thats better...
Re: Shy Guys by try69: 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2012
14 not surely for some 9ja gurl..some ah dem dumb!
Re: Shy Guys by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2012
16. Give her a French kiss on her nose sad
Re: Shy Guys by Mynd44: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2012
I hate it when people take info from a website without creating the owners
Re: Shy Guys by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2012
honest points aside point 14...informative for teens n adolescence

(1) (Reply)

My Fiancee And I / Is Yours Just A Sex Relationship Or For Real? / Symphathetic Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.