Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir (19508 Views)

Dr Nwaezeigwe Was Paid By Buhari To Write The False Review / Obasanjo Pushing HID Awolowo On Wheel-Chair (Picture) / Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by FrankDGreat: 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2012
U r a disgrace to d tribe u came frm......I cnt blv ya crap until d master of history sits wit u and proves u wrong
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by NegroNtns(m): 9:16am On Nov 01, 2012
To those saying Yoruba and Igbo have a common enemy, I disagree. Yoruba has no enemy in Nigeria. There are those plotting our downfall, Igbos for instance.

If Igbos believe as you continue to clamor thst Hausa/Fulani is your enemy, then find a solution to resolve the enmity between you and Hausa. Stop scheming for a coalition force with Yoruba to battle Hausa.

The following from ACM is an example.

There is no doubt that the true enemy of Ndigbo are Hausa/Fulani oligarchy. But they cannot do much if Yoruba withdraws their support for them. 

Yoruba has had a relationship with Hausa that predated their conquest by Fulani of their conversion into Islam. Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani had an interwoven connection that predated the whiteman governmen.....ptedated Nigeria.. Prior to the whiteman and formation of Nigeria there is zero record of an Igbo ethmic group in Yoruba history. We have to relate with you because we share Nigeria with you. Since the history of Nigeria Hausa/Fulani has not stepped foot in our territory and wantonly killed our leaders in a coup. Hausa/Fulani has not marched boots and gunsin an ambitious move to plant its flag in our land. Igbo has done worse insults to us than Hausa/Fulani.

Hausa/Fulani is not Yoruba enemy and our rrlationship with them is far beyond what you call support....there is a bond. The disposition on that relationship is a Yoruba call andnot within the judgement call of Igbo.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by cheikh: 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
felifeli
Will you read a po-rn magazine because you want to know the beginning and end of it all? One offensive picture is enough to make you throw it in the bin. Same with this book; one offensive paragraph is enough. We don't have to start reading nonsense just to prove we can read.
And by the way pastor sometimes we need to fight before we can become friends. It is good we are doing it in this way instead of carrying guns and bombs.

@^^ Bro, if I consciously pick up a po-rn magazine, I expect to be entertained and definitely will not find it offensive grin wink. It is a choice informed by knowledge hence my conscious action/expectation of the content therein. Lack of adequate/proper information and prejudice is actually dangerous to yourself and the "other". It is akin to the recent misguided/wicked actions of the "good" people of Aluu(Rivers state) against four students based on prejudice/misinformation. Most of the participants in the horrible act, did so merely on spurious "HEARSAY and PREJUDICE because they want to believe anything - Herd/Follow-Follow mentality. Nigerians have become very dangerously ignorant and somehow we seem to wallow/celebrate it. Prejudice is definitely not knowledge let alone Wisdom.
I wonder why you ascribe the "big" title "Pastor"maybe sarcastically/otherwise to my moniker/handlegrin? Perhaps, you mistakenly assumed I am Christian or not. Please, think again about your swift/quick judgement of a subject you perhaps know nothing about like "War", History and Naija Politics most especially if it pertains to personal memoirs/Opinions of Active participants in the events that happened in our so called beloved nation.
The Americans continue to write about their Civil War which ended many years ago from different perspectives yet the writers/authors are never harangued let alone exhorted to stop whining/ forget about it all, as if nothing happened in a so called "Fratricidal" war that ended merely "yesterday"-42years ago shocked. I guess the outrage about Achebe's "Opinions"/book is the unflattering mention of the great Awo.
Since when did Nigerians elevate some persons beyond close "Scrutiny" and above "Criticism" especially in a multi-cultural/national country(Nigeria) wink?. Is Nigeria a "totalitarian" country where "Scrutiny, Criticism and perhaps "scholarship" are not tolerated anymore because some people/persons may find such harmless observation threatening to their sense of being?. Bro, we should be a little mindful and charitable to the "other" especially if we are not too sure of what exactly transpired otherwise we may be accused correctly of being foolish and Prejudiced. I hope you get the drift of my thought. "Opinions" are not exactly "facts" and should not agitate and lure us to take insensible actions/conclusions like the people of Aluu wink cheesy. We should encourage Nigerians to tell their own stories however unsavoury it may be. It is part of our collective "history" wink.
Nothing let alone persons should be seen as SACRED especially in Nigeria. Nobody in Nigeria(dead/alive) merits such affirmation of "sacredness" whatever some of us may think cheesy.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by temijay17: 12:46am On Jan 12, 2016
rocoh:
Lets love not war. I am yoruba and most of my friends are Igbos. Why should we hate ourselves. Its only the unloved and the unnatural that hate. I love Igbos and am thinking of marrying an Igbo lady self grin. Life continues.

you are a pathetic fool if u do so.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by temijay17: 1:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
lastpage:

People like you "dont get it at all"!

Look at it this way
:
1.) No one tribe can "win the Presidency" all by its own people's vote. You need the votes from another region.

2.) Events in the recent past has shown that the "North" is sworn NEVER to allow an Igbo to lead this country!

3.) The North would rather collaborate with the Yorubas (in a situation where they cant occupy Aso Rock) to make a Yoruba President, than do same with an Igbo man.

Thus, the ONLY CHANCE an "Igbo" has of becoming Nigeria's President, is to court the Yorubas for their votes!

Not even "Guns" can cut it 'cos, we all canbear "arms" if need be! It may just be another rehash of 1967, God forbid sha
grin grin

I know simple things ain't that obvious ...... and "obvious things ain't that simple" but the earlier the better my Igbo friends see this, the quicker we can work together!

A wise person does not "cut-off his own Nose,just to spite his Face", for Gawd's sake!

(shakes head in disbelief!)

Lastpage!

they shouldnt even waste their time trying to get our votes. with their dumb behavior. they are as sure as hell not getting mine!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

We Stand By Our Story On El-Rufai’s N90 Billion Worth - The Union Editor / FG And States Share Another N518.542b June Federation Revenue / Crack In APC? Governors Shun Meeting With NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.