Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir (19490 Views)

Dr Nwaezeigwe Was Paid By Buhari To Write The False Review / Obasanjo Pushing HID Awolowo On Wheel-Chair (Picture) / Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by nenepea(f): 8:50am On Oct 26, 2012
en jay:
So youre sayin its Ơ̴͡K̶̲̥̅A̶̲̥̅Ɣ for some1 to read a part or a quote witout knwin watt context itwas used in Ãήϑ den make generalised conclusions based on D̶̲̥̅̊ quote?!!
Don't mind them that is how they incite them to kill their fellow men in the name of AllA.. by their spiritual head.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by jason123: 8:53am On Oct 26, 2012
Those saying were no atrocities committed in the Mid-West are simply dishonest and funny. How many times do I need to post STORIES of it on NL?
http://www.dawodu.net/midwest.htm

Some military officers then persuaded a number of traditional rulers in the Ibo-speaking areas of the state to sign petitions calling for a merger with their "kith and kin" in the east. . . . .
---------

Outright molestation, harassment and killing of non-Ibo civilians occurred on a daily basis. At night "suspected saboteurs" were fished out of their homes and arrested. The Hausa community in the Lagos street area of Benin and other parts of the state were targeted for particularly savage treatment, in part a reprisal for the pogroms of 1966, but also out of security concerns that they would naturally harbor sympathies for the regime in Lagos. But non-Hausas were just as badly treated. And as the hostility of the local population became more intense, so did the degree of indiscrete brutality for "internal security". Non-Ibo alumni of St. Patrick's College, Asaba and Government College, Ughelli, found to their chagrin that old school ties meant nothing in the new . . . .

---------

Radio broadcasts "educated" the public about the role of 'gallant' Biafran troops who had only come to liberate them from the "bondage of the feudal Hausa-Fulani oligarchy". An economic cooperation agreement was announced between the 'independent' states of Biafra and the Midwest. The truth, though, was that Ojukwu retained authority to approve all expenditures made by the Okonkwo regime and it was not until September 13th that normal postal, telephone and telegraphic services between Biafra and the Midwest were resumed . . . .

------

There are undoubtedly some historians (10) [size=16pt]who see similarities between Ojukwu's invasion of the Midwest and Hitler's March 1938 march into Austria (the Anchsluss) following which he secured the annexation of Sudetenland in September (23). I think we can infer additional reasons, based on the operational and political details of the campaign, seen in light of the Nigerian situation at that time. . . .

------
In a pattern of behavior that can only be described as self-destructive, the "liberation" force went molesting, Desecrating, kidnapping, torturing, detaining and even killing local figures whose support they badly needed (14, 17). For example, Mr. J. O Adeola (Commissioner of Police), Mr. Olu Akpata (Permanent Secretary), Mr. Sam Umweni (of Radio Nigeria, Benin) and Mr. J Imoukhuede (Head of the civil service), were abducted from Benin and taken back to Biafra
--------

----------------------------------------------------------------
By the time they reached it, Biafra's outnumbered troops had fled, along with many Ibo civilians and $5,600,000 from the Benin treasury.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,844010,00.html#ixzz1YRiatW1H

What about the BOMBING of Lagos (the state we all call home now)??
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=qQZdAAAAIBAJ&sjid=FloNAAAAIBAJ&dq=lagos%20bombed&pg=795%2C2201295
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=g2tWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=B-kDAAAAIBAJ&dq=biafra%20lagos&pg=5339%2C2590839

You pro-biafrans are on a long thing cause everyone of us (non-Biafrans) see the lies passed down to you by your fathers and the Achebes of your society, and we simply laugh at your ignorance and gullibility. Anyway, I'm glad to see some sane Igbos!

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by lastpage: 8:56am On Oct 26, 2012
icon aus: Just only 2 yrs of GEJ in power yorubas are shouting ethnic cleansing. what abot igbos who has been suffering that for the past 45yrs ? just note is gonna be long before a yorubas smells presidency . Anyway we know that u guys re waiting for the north to take over again so u continue taking Nigeria backwards shameless people

People like you "dont get it at all"!

Look at it this way
:
1.) No one tribe can "win the Presidency" all by its own people's vote. You need the votes from another region.

2.) Events in the recent past has shown that the "North" is sworn NEVER to allow an Igbo to lead this country!

3.) The North would rather collaborate with the Yorubas (in a situation where they cant occupy Aso Rock) to make a Yoruba President, than do same with an Igbo man.

Thus, the ONLY CHANCE an "Igbo" has of becoming Nigeria's President, is to court the Yorubas for their votes!

Not even "Guns" can cut it 'cos, we all canbear "arms" if need be! It may just be another rehash of 1967, God forbid sha
grin grin

I know simple things ain't that obvious ...... and "obvious things ain't that simple" but the earlier the better my Igbo friends see this, the quicker we can work together!

A wise person does not "cut-off his own Nose,just to spite his Face", for Gawd's sake!

(shakes head in disbelief!)

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by jason123: 8:57am On Oct 26, 2012
Moreover, wasn't Achebe the Biafran Minister of Communication??
He knows the power of Propaganda and he used it effectively during the war (tell my fellow country men of the SEastern orgin that they were winning, when in fact, they were losing and starving) and after the war (with his books). Its a shame that such a man can descend so low....
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by nenepea(f): 8:59am On Oct 26, 2012
makizee:
Na like ds una dey fail jamb, the doctor is not trying to discredit prof achebe's book since he hasn't even read it, he is simply saying facts he knows as a historian to point out very little blame if any should be directed to the outsider (awo) and dt the ibo should look inward, he doesn't have to read the prof's book to know these facts
Sorry, I neva knew you fail JAMB. Dr contribution is like the New testament of Prof's old testament writtings. You need to read the old to understand the new.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 9:08am On Oct 26, 2012
X-factoria:

Please don't dignify that fool with a response. Typical of them, they can't make logical arguments so they resort to abuse and all sorts of crazy rants.

I stopped posting on NL for a while until recently because of the attitude of very many under-age/immature posters like this Piazenza that constitute the statistics of pathetic Nigerian youths! Its a shame that we have a bunch of them in this generation. I fear for the future of Nigeria.

please continue your nl posting strike.
who needs your stinking posts?
shegge
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 9:10am On Oct 26, 2012
Smooyis: I think he is objective in his comment. He wrote like a more refined and civilized igbo man. A humble and intelligent thinker. Igbos should emulate him and give room for reasoning. We need one another. Why are many so stupid not to recognise dis. The north smiles and rejoices each time we confront ourselves. The ibos are the enemies of themselves. They say things that cause others to continually hate them. Or is it a curse? They should stop thinking they are better, or can do it all alone. Enough of all dis tribal acrimonies!

may Sango thunder blaster your family. Ewu Yoruba. Who needs your love?
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 9:12am On Oct 26, 2012
lastpage: If this Dr. Nwaezeigwe where to be a Nairalander, Ndi Igbo will:

1.) Accuse him of Anti-Igbo activities!
2.) "LABEL HIM" as another "OKIJA JUJU"
3.) Ban him from all "political aspirations" like becoming the "Eze Ndigbo of Nairaland"! grin

For those who abused him for consulting "Fasheun" (refering to Globe and Igwe), did it not occur to you all that "Igbo" or any other Nigerian tribe CANNOT all by itself, do anything without the support of at least one other major tribe?

I have said these in many of my post, including recently on the "Eze Ndigbo Nairaland election" thread around the 48th page or so. wink

The "Dr." is a smart man and he is trying to "build bridges" across tribal divide, which he hopes would pay dividend at the right time in future! And by "anything", l mean "Presidency, Secession, just name it"

I am hoping the new "to be elected Eze Nairaland" will learn from this, something that fine Igbo lady "Ogugua88" also highlighted.

Cheers,

Lastpage!

The only future awaiting that old man is a 6 feet deep hole preferably in yorubaland.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Tafugo: 10:42am On Oct 26, 2012
icon aus: Just only 2 yrs of GEJ in power yorubas are shouting ethnic cleansing. what abot igbos who has been suffering that for the past 45yrs ? just note is gonna be long before a yorubas smells presidency . Anyway we know that u guys re waiting for the north to take over again so u continue taking nigeria backwards shameless people

Monkey you have a complex and are jealous of the Yoruba race bushman without history.mark my words and read my lips another Yoruba man will be president before an Igbo man period.when you are tired you will pack your bags and lieave the federation then you can elect Nziribe, Orji Kalu,Pius Anyim or Soludo as your President.Ewu.instead of you to use your brains and work towards an Igbo presidency you are here allinieating Ndigbo from everybody.This thing is not by force no be gragra use your brain,time is going.Your town union should henceforth ban stupid comments that further alinieates Ndigbo from the rest. Watch this and learn. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by felifeli: 10:44am On Oct 26, 2012
advocate666:

may Sango thunder blaster your family. Ewu Yoruba. Who needs your love?

Guy why are you so bitter ? Your wife run away to yoruba man? Sorry o !
Where are the children of Ojukwu and Achebe on NL? Nowhere to be found. They are all doing well all over the world and using children of inconsequential fathers such as you are and who have nothing to do to continue shouting Biafra like onye ara . Take am easy o.If dem admit you Yaba left now your family no even get money to pay.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by iconaus: 11:21am On Oct 26, 2012
Tafugo:

Monkey you have a complex and are jealous of the Yoruba race bushman without history.mark my words and read my lips another Yoruba man will be president before an Igbo man period.when you are tired you will pack your bags and lieave the federation then you can elect Nziribe, Orji Kalu,Pius Anyim or Soludo as your President.Ewu.instead of you to use your brains and work towards an Igbo presidency you are here allinieating Ndigbo from everybody.This thing is not by force no be gragra use your brain,time is going.Your town union should henceforth ban stupid comments that further alinieates Ndigbo from the rest. Watch this and learn. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

I wonder how the west can win presidency without block vote from SE and SW . Abiola won because he got block vote from the East .The real yoruba peole has been revealed to the younger generation . Yorubas are now fighting GEJ for nothing hence attracting further hate from the SS. let see how people gona get the presidency before igbos . igbos are now comfortable in nigeria as we re every where making our money . if one nigeria we dont ve problem , going our separate ways is equally good . Obj is all you people were able to have as president despite ur free education .Obj is most smartest yoruba person . shameless people who cannot acheive any thing with their education .
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by logica(m): 11:23am On Oct 26, 2012
felifeli:
If dem admit you Yaba left now your family no even get money to pay.
hahahahahaha
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Dede1(m): 11:35am On Oct 26, 2012
jason123: Moreover, wasn't Achebe the Biafran Minister of Communication??
He knows the power of Propaganda and he used it effectively during the war (tell my fellow country men of the SEastern orgin that they were winning, when in fact, they were losing and starving) and after the war (with his books). Its a shame that such a man can descend so low....

The above post is a typical example of stranded “copy and paste” addict who seemed marooned without his\her usual tools.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by samkoro: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
It does not in anyway disprove the fact that Awolowo took a decision that cost 3million innocent lives of mainly children.Sometihing he lay claim to by Saying "All is Just in war as a weapon".He rejoiced by claiming that the war ended so quick and that Igbos should thank him.

And some people are here defending the indefencible.The reactions of Yorubas ,the Igbos know and feel that,they have the tendency to do the worse if the same opportunity arises.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by samkoro: 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
Tafugo:

Before u expose your ignorance,check why Awolowo lost the presidential election in 1979.He was thinking the same way u are thinking now.He never new that its not by simple majority but by two third of votes in all region
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 1:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
felifeli:

Guy why are you so bitter ? Your wife run away to yoruba man? Sorry o !
Where are the children of Ojukwu and Achebe on NL? Nowhere to be found. They are all doing well all over the world and using children of inconsequential fathers such as you are and who have nothing to do to continue shouting Biafra like onye ara . Take am easy o.If dem admit you Yaba left now your family no even get money to pay.

Ewu. See Yoruba man reasoning. So I should live my life based on the decisions of the children of Achebe and Ojukwu? This is the reason you are backwards and can never understand the igbo man. You think we are yourselves that worship your kings and kabiyesis. We are individualistic republicans. We fought the war not because of Ojukwu nor Achebe but because it was the right thing to do at that time.
At least the children of igbo leaders are doing well. Where are the children of Yoruba jailbird leaders?
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Tafugo: 1:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
icon aus:

I wonder how the west can win presidency with block vote from SE and SW . Abiola won because he got block vote from the East .The real yoruba peole has been revealed to the younger generation . Yorubas are now fighting GEJ for nothing hence attracting further hate from the SS. let see how people gona get the presidency before igbos . igbos are now comfortable in nigeria as we re every where making our money . if one nigeria we dont ve problem , going our separate ways is equally good . Obj is all you people were able to have as president despite ur free education .Obj is most smartest yoruba person . shameless people who cannot acheive any thing with their education .

What have u achieved if not otokoto Okija ritual killings 419 and drug peddling, you are so stupid and will never learn, very soon we will flush u out of Lagos back to the Zoos you came from.idiot look what u have turned Festac and surulere into. The sooner you create Biafra the better for all of us. Punk FYI I am one of those who believe in an Igbo presidency but cretins like you and others are making it difficult as usual to trust Ndigbo.Use your heads and bring out your first team.what the Dr is doing is very noble and sensible, reaching out but stupid traders and ritualists like you Okada rider are satisfied with the status quo and are thwarting the efforts of the good Igbo brothers. There is even no need to answer you fools again you already have an inferiority complex so there.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by felifeli: 1:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
advocate666:

Ewu. See Yoruba man reasoning. So I should live my life based on the decisions of the children of Achebe and Ojukwu? This is the reason you are backwards and can never understand the igbo man. You think we are yourselves that worship your kings and kabiyesis. We are individualistic republicans. We fought the war not because of Ojukwu nor Achebe but because it was the right thing to do at that time.
At least the children of igbo leaders are doing well. Where are the children of Yoruba jailbird leaders?

Ode ni e. Individuaistic republicans indeed grin grin
See my post about your failed god Ojukwu here https://www.nairaland.com/1085349/how-gowon-re-integrated-igbos
Did you know that the man was an illegitimate child ? Chei, you follow bastard go fight war. I go quench o !
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 1:19pm On Oct 26, 2012
felifeli:

Ode ni e. Individuaistic republicans indeed grin grin
See my post about your failed god Ojukwu here https://www.nairaland.com/1085349/how-gowon-re-integrated-igbos
Did you know that the man was an illegitimate child ? Chei, you follow bastard go fight war. I go quench o !

Useless man. You think say we are like you people.
There is no illegimite igbo child so I don't know what you are talking about.
We will be free one day. Enjoy the subsidy while it lasts.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by samkoro: 1:23pm On Oct 26, 2012
Tafugo: Wow, standing ovation for the Dr.Yorubas have a proverb 'Kokoro ton je efo into efo longbe'. ie the ant that is eating the vegetable lives inside the vegitable.Ndigbo should look inwards and stop the blame game, do not alinieate everyone and on the same breadth be thinking of an Igbo presidency ,use your head and be wise. I remember Ojukwu's quote and tribute when Awo died " the best President Nigeria never had" it's time to sheath the sword and move on guys.

So you never knew that that quote was a mockery that came out of Ojukwus lips when it became clear that Awolowo could no longer be president,part of the reasons he fought against Biafra.

For those that defende Awolowo,let me ask.

1)Why did Awolowo interprete and persuade Gowon to reject Aburi accord.

2)Why did Awolowo starve civilians in the cities captured by the federal troops durring the war starved alongside those that they intend to capture.

3)Why did he say that all was just in war.

4)Why did he not advice Gowon to withdraw Adekunle scorpion for his love for killking women and children.

Look I have observed one thing over the years as a rule of the thumb for yorubas.Yorubas do not respect ,value or appreciate things that are not theirs.They don't give a damn about the 3million lives in question.They do not bulge cos its not theirs.It is even evident in nairaland.Reason I was not surprised at the reaction.

How can u reject an airlift of foods and drugs from a neutral country.Many questions have not be answered by those who consider Awolowo a saint or suicide matrya.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by samkoro: 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2012
Tafugo: Wow, standing ovation for the Dr.Yorubas have a proverb 'Kokoro ton je efo into efo longbe'. ie the ant that is eating the vegetable lives inside the vegitable.Ndigbo should look inwards and stop the blame game, do not alinieate everyone and on the same breadth be thinking of an Igbo presidency ,use your head and be wise. I remember Ojukwu's quote and tribute when Awo died " the best President Nigeria never had" it's time to sheath the sword and move on guys.

So you never knew that that quote was a mockery that came out of Ojukwus lips when it became clear that Awolowo could no longer be president,part of the reasons he fought against Biafra.

For those that defende Awolowo,let me ask.

1)Why did Awolowo interprete and persuade Gowon to reject Aburi accord.

2)Why did Awolowo starve civilians in the cities captured by the federal troops durring the war starved alongside those that they intend to capture.

3)Why did he say that all was just in war.

4)Why did he not advice Gowon to withdraw Adekunle scorpion for his love for killking women and children.

5)Why was importation of stock fish(the only easily available source of protein at the time) banned after the war to further extend kwasiokor ,if there was no deliberate intension to further perpetrate genocide which was not enough durring the war?.Stock fish was very durable and effective when all domestic animals were lost durring the war.

Look I have observed one thing over the years as a rule of the thumb for yorubas.Yorubas do not respect ,value or appreciate things that are not theirs.They don't give a damn about the 3million lives in question.They do not bulge cos its not theirs.It is even evident in nairaland.Reason I was not surprised at the reaction.

How can u reject an airlift of foods and drugs from a neutral country.Many questions have not be answered by those who consider Awolowo a saint or suicide matrya.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by samkoro: 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
logica: Mugu, should I once again outline events for you?
Here goes:

1. July '66 counter-coup and pogroms; Igbo masses slaughtered in the North. Eastern soldiers are moved to the East; Northern soldiers to the North. Only the West still had Northern soldiers.
2. Western leaders start the agitation, maneuvering and politicking to get the Northern soldiers moved from the West to the North.
3. While this was going on, the East (who were supposed to be the allies of the West) without coordinating with their so called allies in the West begin a push towards Lagos and annex the Mid-West; and committed all kinds of atrocities - r@pe, murder, looting, etc.
4. The Western leadership begin to doubt the "alliance" with the East and realize they may after all be ignorant of the intentions of the East.
5. The West decide to resist the Eastern push to Lagos and as they say, the rest is history.

Now given the chronology (please feel free to present any refutations), who here was the traitor?

What a flimsy excuse.Please give a stronger excuse.

Was it not col Banjo and majority of yoruba soldiers that were assigned to lead the offensive in the West to neutralise the northern troops in the West? That move was a strong key to neutrlise northern troops in the West.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by samkoro: 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
ba7man: Speaking of cowardice in the Yoruba tribe...who fought and drove back the Biafran army into a retreat after the battle of Ore?? The yoruba tribe will try to avoid a conflict as much as possible but if it comes to it...Talk of calculative decimation..One man, one idea, 3 million dead. Trust me, you don't want it with the Yoruba tribe.

This goes to prove my point that Yorubas love the 3million death tragedy.The true reason they celebrate Awolowo as a hero.They love it because those lives are not their children. Ha! Ha!

I concluded this after several decades of daily observations and research.Its an inherent character.If its just 1000 of lives of Yoruba women and children,their pictures will be advertised daily in punch like and mourned and celebrated yearly like FELAbration.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by samkoro: 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
ba7man: Speaking of cowardice in the Yoruba tribe...who fought and drove back the Biafran army into a retreat after the battle of Ore?? The yoruba tribe will try to avoid a conflict as much as possible but if it comes to it...Talk of calculative decimation..One man, one idea, 3 million dead. Trust me, you don't want it with the Yoruba tribe.

This goes to prove my point that Yorubas love the 3million death tragedy.The true reason they celebrate Awolowo as a hero.They love it because those lives are not their children. Ha! Ha!

I concluded this after several decades of daily observations and research.Its an inherent character.If its just 1000 of lives of Yoruba women and children,their pictures will be advertised daily in punch. and mourned daily, then celebrated yearly like FELAbration.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Dede1(m): 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Undoubtedly, there were atrocities committed in the Midwest by Biafran soldiers. That is a fact. The problem is that the findings of the tribunal (chaired by an Ika man) into atrocities were suppressed so that very real ethnic tensions and wounds could heal, but if you've ever read any of those yahoo usergroup arguments over this issue, you would know that some of the names of and specifics about those orphaned by Biafran killings at Urhonigbe and Ugo have already come out. Anyway, the truth can't be hidden forever. Eventually, the whole thing will come out in detail and a lot of people deluding themselves will have to come to terms with reality.

The above is an arrant nonsense. In fact, it is a despicable attempt to further propagate the crap Nowa Omogui started and when he was taken to the task of proof, he could not come up with an iota of evidence to support his claim. It is laughable you cleverly avoided adding Robber Plantation to Urhonigbe.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by logica(m): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2012
samkoro:
Was it not col Banjo and majority of yoruba soldiers that were assigned to lead the offensive in the West to neutralise the northern troops in the West?
Majority Yoruba? Can you mention 5 Yoruba men in this majority Yoruba led force?

You see, unlike you tribal monkeys, Yorubas are not driven by tribal sentiments. It is easy to see through the tribal move made by Ojukwu here (which sometimes makes it difficult to believe this was a Cambridge graduate). He thought simply putting a so called Yoruba man (Victor Banjo was actually a Mid-Westerner) as the head of the force would make the force he led receptive by the Yorubas. Yet at the same time he had undermined the command of the same Victor Banjo by sending Igbo soldiers led by a Mid-Western Igbo officer - Lt Col Ochei - with specific tasks which Banjo was unaware of (one of which was to capture the Governor of the Mid-Western region - Lt Col David Ejoor - dead or alive but who managed to escape). Is that the majority Yoruba force you speak of? So it was the Yoruba men in the force that committed the atrocities in the Mid-West? Try again.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by samkoro: 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2012
AjCityOne:
He didn't dragged the whole Yoruba nation to war and dressed like a woman to ran away. Whatever Diya, he acted on his own self interest and not for Yoruba people. Unlike Coward-Jukwu!!!
Keep talking and you are going to get deported!!! Lol

What kind of a lie is this.

He dragged the yoruba to war against the Igbos.He was not neutral in the war!!! Are u dumb?What we wanted was for him to stay out if he is not fighting,but he did not.He rather chose to take sides and ended up murdering 3million innocent lives which the Yoruba nation cherished and still celebrates till today.The great Awo.

The did had been done,and the perpetrator paid with his life.

So there is nothing wrong with the igbos knowing the enemy.That enemy still lives and does his usual thing till taday.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by pazienza(m): 2:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
jason123: Those saying were no atrocities committed in the Mid-West are simply dishonest and funny. How many times do I need to post STORIES of it on NL?

What about the BOMBING of Lagos (the state we all call home now)??
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=qQZdAAAAIBAJ&sjid=FloNAAAAIBAJ&dq=lagos%20bombed&pg=795%2C2201295
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=g2tWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=B-kDAAAAIBAJ&dq=biafra%20lagos&pg=5339%2C2590839

You pro-biafrans are on a long thing cause everyone of us (non-Biafrans) see the lies passed down to you by your fathers and the Achebes of your society, and we simply laugh at your ignorance and gullibility. Anyway, I'm glad to see some sane Igbos!

Mr aljharem,i see u have reverted back to your jason handle,i guess you decided to be itshekiri today,since the subject of discussion involves midwest.

After dawodu was exposed as a revisionist site on this forum,it's a little bit disturbing that Yoruba people still quote it,or is this a case of repeating a lie over a long period to convert it to truth?
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by felifeli: 2:40pm On Oct 26, 2012
samkoro:

What kind of a lie is this.

He dragged the yoruba to war against the Igbos.He was not neutral in the war!!! Are u dumb?What we wanted was for him to stay out if he is not fighting,but he did not.He rather chose to take sides and ended up murdering 3million innocent lives which the Yoruba nation cherished and still celebrates till today.The great Awo.

The did had been done,and the perpetrator paid with his life.

So there is nothing wrong with the igbos knowing the enemy.That enemy still lives and does his usual thing till taday.

Aha! Oro eyin ibo yi ma su mi o. Who are these 'enemies' ? Dem no get name ? You mean Hausa people ? Talk am now . Even on internet where your face is hidden and nobody knows your real name fear still dey catch you to mention Hausa.You dey fear suya knife abi ? Look at the people shouting cowardice.O ma se o.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by samkoro: 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
logica: Majority Yoruba? Can you mention 5 Yoruba men in this majority Yoruba led force?

You see, unlike you tribal monkeys, Yorubas are not driven by tribal sentiments. It is easy to see through the tribal move made by Ojukwu here (which sometimes makes it difficult to believe this was a Cambridge graduate). He thought simply putting a so called Yoruba man (Victor Banjo was actually a Mid-Westerner) as the head of the force would make the force he led receptive by the Yorubas. Yet at the same time he had undermined the command of the same Victor Banjo by sending Igbo soldiers led by a Mid-Western Igbo officer - Lt Col Ochei - with specific tasks which Banjo was unaware of (one of which was to capture the Governor of the Mid-Western region - Lt Col David Ejoor - dead or alive but who managed to escape). Is that the majority Yoruba force you speak of? So it was the Yoruba men in the force that committed the atrocities in the Mid-West? Try again.

What prompted the western invasion in the first place?where was Gowon commanding from? The West was never considered an enemy as at the time,the reason why Banjo was given charge.

You already knew that it was the presence of northern troops in the west that prompted the move.

Ok ,let's assume there was no northern troop in the West.Would Biafran soldiers be spending time,energy,live and other resources going to the west? for what?

Under such circumstances,the West would probably side with Biafra or completely abstain ,according to the reason they gave about the presence of northern troops.

Biafran soldiers would have headed north cos that's where the northern command would have come from.

Its the simple truth.Let's stop denying this over and over again.The Yorubas can't wash off the stain ,even with an acid.So just live it,to be part of you.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by logica(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
samkoro:

What prompted the western invasion in the first place?where was Gowon commanding from? The West was never considered an enemy as at the time,the reason why Banjo was given charge.

You already knew that it was the presence of northern troops in the west that prompted the move.
Banjo was given which charge? He was simply a figure head. He could only blame himself for the mess he found himself. I noticed you could not provide JUST 5 Yoruba officers in this majority Yoruba led force. From the lies you throw around, I really shouldn't take you serious.

And once again, what part of "negotiations were going on to move the Northern troops in the West to the North" don't you understand? Western leaders were already handling this. Nobody asked Ojukwu for "liberation". Even worse, he started his "liberation" move without informing the Western leaders who till this point he gave the impression were allies. Who in his right mind, especially in a military sense does this? Even far worse, we are aware of what his unruly bunch did in the Mid-West. In war, you make sudden and rash moves and you lose. Simples.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by samkoro: 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2012
felifeli:

Aha! Oro eyin ibo yi ma su mi o. Who are these 'enemies' ? Dem no get name ? You mean Hausa people ? Talk am now . Even on internet where your face is hidden and nobody knows your real name fear still dey catch you to mention Hausa.You dey fear suya knife abi ? Look at the people shouting cowardice.O ma se o.

May be you are deaf,dumb and blind.Do I need to say it a million times before you know.Is ur conscience telling you that its you or something?

Anu ohia! Ndi ohii. !!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I'll Probe Amaechi, Says Wike / Military Destroys Illegal Refineries In Okrika, Rivers State (photos) / Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.