Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir (19471 Views)

Dr Nwaezeigwe Was Paid By Buhari To Write The False Review / Obasanjo Pushing HID Awolowo On Wheel-Chair (Picture) / Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by gbadexy(m): 10:50am On Oct 25, 2012
The ibos here except ACM10? Show inability of objective reasoning. Its really sad if this is the mentality of the average ibo.
Ojukwu and achebe used propaganda during the war and propaganda is simply distorting facts to gain psychological advantage.
The historian made logical and reasonable observations that any sincere human with capacity to reason can relate with it.
I refuse to believe the mentality of the ibos here is a measure of how real life ibos think; like obstinate,one way gullible cow that can't think independently and unwilling to learn.
In fact, I don't get the feeling ibos bear animosity with yorubas in lagos and we interact well here. The negligible few on nairaland are just those who heard tales from their ignorant folks that elites like achebe sold to them through state propaganda.
I'm sure real elite and intelligent igbos would read this article and start asking questions.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by T9ksy(m): 10:51am On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:
@klax your family may have been better off in extinction. stupiiiiid is not enough word to decribe yoi. We see you hate igbos and love your people yorobbers but want yo come off as being igbo. you coeard. Yes, if ojukwu had not done what he did maybe awolowo would have suceeded in his tasks of eliminating all igbos. If you are really igbo, I would have wished your life exchanged for one of those millions starved to death. fuk out of here. you are igbo my foot!

Mr. Globe, can you please tell us what exactly, Ojukwu DID, to stop awolowo from fulfilling his ambition of annihilating all ibos when he

ran off to safety in abidjan in the middle of the night, consequently abandoning his loyal but badly battered troops and PEOPLE to the mercy of the advancing

federal troops. Had awolowo or anyone else for that matter wanted to exterminate ALL IBOS, what could ojukwu had done to scuttle this insidious plan whilst

tucked, thousands of miles away in cote d' voire?

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:52am On Oct 25, 2012
ajutant: I knw dr. Nwaezigwe, he taught me some courses bck den in UNN. Am nt surprise cos I knw him, Nwaezigwe is almost a clown, full of pride dou intelligent. He says things he thinks is ryt dats him. He is still bitter wit d agonies of d war, hw he lost family members n all dat . Even in class he alwz criticize ojukwu n co.. He sounds bereaved on d experiences of d war. He said achebe did nt fight d war! Dats to say he shldnt hv written anytin about d war. I believe Dr. Nwaezigwe shld hv been open on his own account oda dan sectioning out awolowo defence and oda anomalies frm sum igbos durin d way. D man is bitter about d war. He is yet to recover frm his lost, dis is nt about defending awolowo.

You don't make sense. So what is your point ? He should defend A MAN THAT KILLED HIS FAMILY MEMBERS ?

Correct me is I am wrong

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by klax(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2012
sindyko:

The mean of that vernacular pls! Especially d Yoruba.

The word Yoruba is an insultive word its like people who cook with oil and the oils stay on top of the soup that is just how best I can explain it but in one word is an abuse word in relation to Yoruba soup making. So dont take too personal its just one of those things afterall the Huasa call we Igbo YANMIRIN. So its not a big deal bros.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by phreakabit(m): 10:55am On Oct 25, 2012
What also happened to the millions given to such people as Dr. K.O. Mbadiwe and Mojekwu, a relative of Odumegwu-Ojukwu for the purpose of purchasing arms and ammunition to prosecute the war? Did they not cart away with the money and never returned to Biafra until after the defeat?

Only reasonable point he raised.

Where again could one place those who sold relief materials meant for the poor and suffering citizens of Biafra, when it was meant to be distributed free? Were all these atrocities against the Igbo equally masterminded by Chief Obafemi Awolowo?

Spoken to numerous "aged" people who were actual "survivors" of the war, and the emboldened has never mentioned. Keep in mind that I spoke with all these people on different occasions. How come this senile Dr is the only one to mention this. Its obvious this idiot has been bought. People like this are dangerous to the Igbos and need to be silenced (I don't mean killed oh). That's just how I feel.

Viewed critically, even the literary icon himself, acting on the capacity of Biafra’s Minister of Communication, could not have supported any policy that would have given the Federal Government undue advantage over Biafra. Even the Federal Government’s policy of an all-round twenty pounds exchange cannot be faulted by any economic theory given the undetermined value of the Biafran currency. It is important for Professor Achebe to know that the Igbo of today fully understand who their actual friends and foes are in the present Federation.

The Dr is spot on-on this one. The Igbos of today do in-fact know who their actual foes are. . . . The Yorubas have an absolutely reasonless, unwarranted resentment HATRED for the entire Igbo race.

I don't know about anyone else, but what I feel for the Yorubas would never change. . . . Its an ideology that would be carried on through time.

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by phreakabit(m): 11:00am On Oct 25, 2012
Andre Uweh: I earlier today asked Dr Nwaezeigwe whether he has read the book and his answer was no.
So Nairalanders, you can now decide.

Funny how an Ignorant old newt, goes on a rant pointlessly.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 11:02am On Oct 25, 2012
phreakabit:
Spoken to numerous "aged" people who were actual "survivors" of the war, and the emboldened has never mentioned. Keep in mind that I spoke with all these people on different occasions. How come this senile Dr is the only one to mention this. Its obvious this idiot has been bought. People like this need to be silenced. That's just how I feel.

Same as you, I have spoken to aged people WITH ACTUAL SCARS TO PROVE IT in fact they would tell you that they were strave and EVEN OJUKWU HIMSELF SAID HE REJECTED FOOD AIDS FROM NIGERIA. THEY WERE AMBUSHED BY THE BAIFRA ARMY.

Go an read Effiong's account before you speak out of ignorance here

phreakabit:
The Dr is spot on-on this one. The Igbos of today do in-fact know who their actual foes are. . . . The Yorubas have an absolutely reasonless, unwarranted resentment HATRED for the entire Igbo race.

I don't know about anyone else, but what I feel for the Yorubas would never change. . . . Its an ideology that would be carried on through time.

Such mentality would only lead to you being eaten up from the inside out. Fact

Why would you hate any group of people at the first place. Chai majority of Igbos are born, grown tribalist.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by abysirius(m): 11:04am On Oct 25, 2012
AWO legendary will remain no matter what pple like Achebe tweets. For the deluded, u just found a light in this Dr. If u wish to see.

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 11:05am On Oct 25, 2012
klax:

The word Yoruba is an insultive word its like people who cook with oil and the oils stay on top of the soup that is just how best I can explain it but in one word is an abuse word in relation to Yoruba soup making. So dont take too personal its just one of those things afterall the Huasa call we Igbo YANMIRIN. So its not a big deal bros.

Please stop that

Yoruba is the MOST DEROGATORY TERM USED TO REFER TO ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE.

Aboki means my friend

Omo Igbo means an Igbo son or man

Inyamria means SOUTHERNERS (literal meaning)

Ofe mannu on the other hand means Oily soup

just as nigga means black slave

Which of these 4 is derogatory ?

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by klax(m): 11:07am On Oct 25, 2012
T9ksy:

Mr. Globe, can you please tell us what exactly, Ojukwu DID, to stop awolowo from fulfilling his ambition of annihilating all ibos when he

ran off to safety in abidjan in the middle of the night, consequently abandoning his loyal but badly battered troops and PEOPLE to the mercy of the advancing

federal troops. Had awolowo or anyone else for that matter wanted to exterminate ALL IBOS, what could ojukwu had done to scuttle this insidious plan whilst

tucked, thousands of miles away in cote d' voire?

Bros just ignoreed Mr Globe

But doo you know the funiest thing he may be living in Lagos or Ibadan to tell you how silly some people are. If you hate somebody why living in his land "A real man dont smell what he dont want to eat". If you hate somebody dont laugh at him , dont leave around him, to buy things from him, dont smile to him. dont live in his land and dont do any busimess with him or her please let everyone of us go back to our own homeland for God sake dont we have our own land or state for goodness sake?. God have mercy I dont understand this sort of thinking I can't imagine it its so strange indeed.

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 11:08am On Oct 25, 2012
Majority of Igbo people are tribalistic confirm !!!

At least a people without previous prejudice and bias hate would listen, read and try to see reason. Imagine someone who claims they are not tribalistic from their ICONS to even individuals insulting and with racist words.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by phreakabit(m): 11:08am On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem:

Same as you, I have spoken to aged people WITH ACTUAL SCARS TO PROVE IT in fact they would tell you that they were strave and EVEN OJUKWU HIMSELF SAID HE REJECTED FOOD AIDS FROM NIGERIA. THEY WERE AMBUSHED BY THE BAIFRA ARMY.

Go an read Effiong's account before you speak out of ignorance here

Such mentality would only lead to you being eaten up from the inside out. Fact

Why would you hate any group of people at the first place. Chai majority of Igbos are born, grown tribalist.

You should meet my friends. Btw, can you please edit your post. . . .The first paragraph is absolutely incoherent. I mean even a kid would have done better.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Empero67: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2012
We want the truth to come out. This is an objective contribution deviod of empty tribal rantings. However, the writer did not comment on the main topic of the book about Pa Awo's role in the starvation of innocent women and children. Every intelligent Igbo man knows that some of our own peoplle in leadership positions converted our war resources into their pockets. We know them and we also know that they ended up badly. The robbery is still going on as normal in Nigeria today.

Can the writer do us a favour and touch on the starvation issue so that this topic will be put to rest. My brothers on the South-west must learn that abuses and name-calling is not the way to get to the truth. Present your facts and people with common sence will compare and know who to believe. Cheers
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by enjay1(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2012
For a Dr to make such strong conclusions witout evn havin an idea of wats in the book is rather disheartin! To the "ibo" guys on this page shoutin "hear! Hear!" Maybe they are just chasin cheap acceptance from the westerners lyk dis uninformed lecturer is. For the real Igbo guys that knw wat emotions this particular subject evokes,pls do nt resort to abuse Ãήϑ insults as ways of makin U̶̲̥̅̊я point....
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 11:13am On Oct 25, 2012
phreakabit:

You should meet my friends. Btw, can you please edit your post. . . .The first paragraph is absolutely incoherent. I mean even a kid would have done better.

Oh well, let me repeat myself and I hope you comprehend this time around.

I said, just as you have spoken to "aged" people I have done the same. Their account on the issue is totally different from what you are telling US on this forum. (Hope I am making myself clear) They reported that the food meant for them was given to the elites of baifra aka likes of Achebe. Those vehicles carrying foods aids from Nigeria were ambushed by biafra soldiers and given to Ojukwu who was using to feed the elites and soldiers.

Now go read Philip Effiong's account on the war. Thanks
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by MrGlobe(m): 11:13am On Oct 25, 2012
@klax just stop being a coward like awolowo and accept you are one of the yorobbers. No igbo person cares about you, your family or your opinion.

Now Yoruba people are positioning this indian hemp smoking doctor as the best historian since sliced bread even when they dont know the tout, all in their desperate attempt to exonorate a felon and war criminal. Some facts can never be disputed by propaganda and one of them is awolowo committed suicide and died a war criminal.

And yes only a fool or crack head will not read a book and go ahead to criticize that same book. The quotes were from a book, you cannot criticize a quote from a book without reading the while book unless you are a crack head like this dumb dr, whose name is not up to mention. irrelevant crack head critiquing a book for fellow crack heads.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by kunlekunle: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2012
Before amagamation of nigeria it was norhtern nigerian and southern nigeria.
After the amalgamation it was northern nigeria and southern nigeria.
Now its still northern nigeria and southern nigeria.

Southern nigeria should think and find a way out of the entrapment.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem: Igbos why not listen to the voice of reasoning rather than insult. I tire for you people o !

grin

berem: Make una dey decieve una self they form one nigeria! Nigeria is a deep shithole. The earlier you guys realise that Nigeria is fuccked,the better for you.
GBAM!

I can hardly wait for the republic of odua, Arewa and Biafra. I pray it happens in our time. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by phreakabit(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2012
abysirius: AWO legendary will remain no matter what pple like Achebe tweets. For the deluded, u just found a light in this Dr. If u wish to see.

If I were in your shoes, I would be more concerned about getting proper education. Awo's legacy you say. . . Yet you can't compose a sensible sentence. Wasn't Awo the one who floated the free education for Yorubas initiative?

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2012
Again for semi-illiterates on this forum. When you are asked to explain principle of demand and supply, would you read the whole Book on economics ?

alj harem:

It is clear you are the ignorant one here. What is there to read in the book ? A quote out of the entire book is the cause of the controversy so why do I have to read the whole book when WE ARE INTERESTED IN A QUOTE FOR BLOODY CRYING OUT LOUD

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO STU.PID BIKO ? INCLUDING BEREM AND CO

WHY do people have to read a whole book when the cause of the whole shenanigan is A QUOTE ?

Are people smart at all on this nairaland ?

When you are asked to explain how to make a light bulb would you read the whole engineering book ? Chai I hate to say this but you people really need to check your IQ. Seriously it is below average
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by marveouz: 11:15am On Oct 25, 2012
olenyi: And all this noise and criticisms from ppl who doesn't even know the color of the said books back cover let alone read the book. How do u even start commenting or carrying out an informed review of a book u haven't even read. Everybody is shouting out loud to be heard, when they dont even know how many pages are in the book. Its not done anywhere in the world excerpt Nigeria. Pheew. (Shakes head)

He said is own side of the story and not a review.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Empero67: 11:18am On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem:

Please stop that

Aboki means my friend

It all depends on the context and situation these words are used. My Youruba lady calls me Okoro who can swallow stone without water. We laugh when we are ön "IT". It could result to anything if she uses it when there is tension. Cheers
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 11:19am On Oct 25, 2012
Empero67:
It all depends on the context and situation these words are used. My Youruba lady calls me Okoro who can swallow stone without water. We laugh when we are ön "IT". It could result to anything if she uses it when there is tension. Cheers

I suppose.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by klax(m): 11:20am On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem:

Please stop that

Aboki means my friend

Biko bros you are too funny so "OIL SOUP IS MOST DEROGATORY" word please go and check the meaning of that word derogatory well again. How come "Oil Soup" is a word to belittling a tribe does this actually carry the weight or make much sense? "Oily Soup" anyway I had told the guy the meaning and I had told him not to take it seriously its just one of those word and nothing serious so if you want to make "Oil Soup or Oily Soup" a serious matter pls go ahead goodluck bros. Have to go now. God bless
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 11:21am On Oct 25, 2012
klax:

Biko bros you are too funny so "OIL SOUP IS MOST DEROGATORY" word please go and check the meaning of that word derogatory well again. How come "Oil Soup" is a word to belittling a tribe does this actually carry the weight or make much sense? "Oily Soup" anyway I had told the guy the meaning and I had told him not to take it seriously its just one of those word and nothing serious so if you want to make "Oil Soup or Oily Soup" a serious matter pls go ahead goodluck bros. Have to go now. God bless

Sorry bros, emperor just made me realise something. Am sorry for the harsh response.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by phreakabit(m): 11:23am On Oct 25, 2012
Empero67:

I hope you are not married yet. . . #Disgusting! Anyway, to every man his own. . . . Lets hope you don't regret it, when the thorough breds start to claim what is rightfully theirs. We can't have another Ike Nwachukwu being our leader. . . . If you comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 25, 2012
berem: you sef don read the book? I can see its those who haven't read the book are the ones talking too much.I have never been a tribal bigot but it seems NL is forcing me to be one with the kind of offensive utterances I read here.shey you go blame me?
My sister, the whole book isn't about Awolowo, infact just that quoted part is the only one that directly referenced him, and that said part is the bone of contention not the whole book. The book wouldn't have caused so much tension if it hadn't indicted Awolowo and "his yoruba people" in Igbo genocide. That is what yoruba people are fighting against (being labeled killers). I don't blame you for taking sides with your people but you should try and respect people from other ethnic groups too. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 25, 2012
Basket Mouth wan open mouth again oooo=>FELA

Tribalist people,see traffic. I guess Nairaland get more traffic from tribal topic

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2012
Anyone with facts to refute what Dr Nwaezeigwe without any insult or disconjucted facts should speak now or forever remain silent.

That is why they say Ore ni iwanba (Doing good can put one in trouble) This is the case of the Yorubas now. If Yorubas have done what the Niger-deltas did by seizing all properties including Ojukwu's and treat Igbos like second class citizens we would not be insulted by this ingrates.

I guess it is a lesson for all Nigerians including Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by BankoleNco: 11:29am On Oct 25, 2012
phreakabit:

If I were in your shoes, I would be more concerned about getting proper education. Awo's legacy you say. . . Yet you can't compose a sensible sentence. Wasn't Awo the one who floated the free education for Yorubas initiative?

That guy no benefit from am at all!!!!!!!
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 11:30am On Oct 25, 2012
Josh090:
My sister, the whole book isn't about Awolowo, infact just that quoted part is the only one that directly referenced him, and that said part is the bone of contention not the whole book. The book wouldn't have caused so much tension if it hadn't indicted Awolowo and "his yoruba people" in Igbo genocide. That is what yoruba people are fighting against (being labeled killers). I don't blame you for taking sides with your people but you should try and respect people from other ethnic groups too. Thank you.

+ 10000000
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by BankoleNco: 11:31am On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem: Anyone with facts to refute what Dr Nwaezeigwe without any insult or disconjucted facts should speak now or forever remain silent.

That is why they say Ore ni iwanba (Doing good can put one in trouble) This is the case of the Yorubas now. If Yorubas have done what the Niger-deltas did by seizing all properties including Ojukwu's and treat Igbos like second class citizens we would not be insulted by this ingrates.

I guess it is a lesson for all Nigerians including Igbos.

You refute facts with facts. . . . Those were his own words, not fact! I wouldn't expect you to understand, being slow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Christopher Hobobo Assassinated; Stabbed To Death In Bayelsa / Ebonyi Will Welcome Buhari – Umahi Insists / Seyi Makinde Becomes Jagunmolu Of Ibadanland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.